Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s just the name of the game. Even MJ himself couldn’t satisfy fans 100% of the time. All you can do is try, and even though the estate’s track record of effort is questionable at best, Thriller 40 is still the second-best reissue we’ve ever gotten, only behind Bad 25.
From the looks of it will be my fave post humous album release by far.

I am still very positive. Disc 2 is more than good enough for me.
It is as I had hoped. - No remixes. The Toy, Behind The Mask demo, a new song we've never heard, and other Thriller era gems.

I actually like everything about this release so far. - I am more disappointed in the digital disc 3 actually. - Why no TGIM demo? - Starlight could have fit there too. But you can't have it all.

I think T40 will be a great release - especially if we do get the 4K videos, as it seems we will.

I am a little disappointed in the (lack of) promotion. Halloween is 4-5 days away. Why on earth haven't they released Thriller in 4K? - If they do plan to release it it should have been released 7-10 days prior to Halloween. Build up momentum, get views, maybe release Thriller as a single with some of the new songs from disc 2 to make Thriller sales rise. - maybe even become #1.

I have not seen any promotion for T40 anywhere. No net-banners, no TV-ads, nothing, nowhere.

I am a little disappointed in the (lack of) promotion. Halloween is 4-5 days away. Why on earth haven't they released Thriller in 4K? - If they do plan to release it it should have been released 7-10 days prior to Halloween. Build up momentum, get views, maybe release Thriller as a single with some of the new songs from disc 2 to make Thriller sales rise. - maybe even become #1.
It is weird.

I have not seen any promotion for T40 anywhere. No net-banners, no TV-ads, nothing, nowhere.
Me neither. I get that the actual, official anniversary for the album is late November but it seems odd, from a marketing point of view, not to capitalise on Thriller's close association with Halloween. It's like, your whole marketing campaign is basically being handed to you on a plate - with bells on! - but you decide to ignore that. Makes no sense!

I actually like everything about this release so far. - I am more disappointed in the digital disc 3 actually. - Why no TGIM demo? - Starlight could have fit there too. But you can't have it all.
To me, the biggest disappointment so far is the lack of TLIM in full length. 😕

We're like 3 weeks or so from release and there's been no promotion.
Surely this week we'll hear something?

Getting new songs is absolutely amazing. If they finish that up with 4K short films this will be a fantastic release.
I agree. And mkgenie has said we will get videoes (plural) in 4K - that makes me very exited. I just hope it's true.
And if so - this release will be the best since BAD25. - BAD25 had the Wembley concert and live album, so BAD25 still wins, but T40 has no remixes and if we get 4K, it's a close second. :)

As a Queen fan myself, I can say from experience that QPL (Queen Productions LTD) is also focused on the mainstream public, especially after the movie, and pretend to care about their hardcore fans. While they put out new stuff every now and then, production-wise it's a nightmare: imagine doing pitch-correction on the vocals of every unreleased track by the man who's often considered the greatest vocalist ever. I could go on and on about it, but that's not the point.
I agree that it’s sacrilegious to do that, however, it’s not uncommon in the industry nowadays. No matter who the singer is, how talented he is, how good his pitch is, pitch correction will be applied to vocals regardless. It’s just the norm in the music industry to ensure a vocal is 100% in tune.

It is also done for live performances, by the way. There are very few live album releases that have come out in the past 20 years and which don’t contain pitch-corrected live vocals. Queen’s Hungarian Rhapsody is a great example for this.

I agree that it’s sacrilegious to do that, however, it’s not uncommon in the industry nowadays. No matter who the singer is, how talented he is, how good his pitch is, pitch correction will be applied to vocals regardless. It’s just the norm in the music industry to ensure a vocal is 100% in tune.

It is also done for live performances, by the way. There are very few live album releases that have come out in the past 20 years and which don’t contain pitch-corrected live vocals. Queen’s Hungarian Rhapsody is a great example for this.
Don't get me started on Budapest as it's a mess from the start. I feel like Queen themselves always go over the top with the pitch-correction, cause people want to hear Freddie, not Travis Scott lol

What are people's guesses for the final 3 songs?

I'm going to be optimistic and say...Niteline, Starlight and something we haven't heard like Rolling The Dice.

I think they'll save Hot Street for an album. I'm praying they don't include CGOTR at all but we'll see

3 Tracks remain.

-CGOTR-
I hope they'll get it out of the way tomorrow, so we can have the guesses/maybe surprises back for the last two weeks.
It will take slot 6 on the CD (15 on digital).

Then we are in unknown territory again, for the last two announcements. The possibilities:
-Niteline- &/or -Hot Street-
I would be fine with both of them. I know we already have them in good/useable quality. But having them official & in great CD quality, I won't complain about that.

Should we only get one of those two and another real surprise, I would be more than happy, excited & satisfied.

Please no "Starlight" for me though. Doesn't fit on that CD2. And it's also clearly inferior to "Thriller" (the song) imho.

which would be a better fit for T40, cant get out of the rain or cant get out of the game?

Reactions: ssj

I'm going to be optimistic and say...Niteline, Starlight and something we haven't heard like Rolling The Dice.

I think they'll save Hot Street for an album. I'm praying they don't include CGOTR at all but we'll see
Can’t Get Out Of The Rain, Niteline and Starlight.

- CGOTR
- Niteline
- Hot Street

maybe it's likely to be assumed that instead of Hot Street and Nite Line Or Starlight. We could get these two demos (Rolling The Dice, Spice Of Life) which could eventually be part of the album.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back