Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you can rip songs off Youtube and burn them on a CD, right? I made a CD with all of those leaked Thriller tracks years ago.
Congratulations! And now we'll be able to purchase/stream them all in good quality.
It's funny how some ppl have suddenly become self proclaimed examples of a good moral compass saying that they don't ever listen to leaks, when we all know that threads that contain leaks in 2000 Watts are the hottest ones. Now that's some hypocrisy. You honestly deserve the bad treatment the Estate does regarding MJ's legacy especially when they think they can release any s*** and the fans will just accept and be ok with it.
Did anybody say that? I've listened to every song that's leaked, and I'm also fine with such material getting a proper release.

Plus, the WBSS demo on This Is It is mixed differently to the leaked one. The synths are REALLY loud in the leak, so at least they will not be identical.

Plus, the WBSS demo on This Is It is mixed differently to the leaked one. The synths are REALLY loud in the leak, so at least they will not be identical.
Is there a link to the leaked version? I'd love to hear the differences. Once again the Estate insists on messing with the demos lol.

Nov 18th is so far away from right now...wtf! I'd be happy with just one promo...

And knowing that, as we speak, people are busy filling cardboard boxes with shrink wrapped "Thriller 40" CDs at pressing factories.
No leaks here! Isn't that amazing!? 🤫

Last edited:
Don't worry Halloween isn't far away.

The estate might put on 10/31/2022 the longawaited Thriller video - the musical cast performing Michael Jackson's Thriller- to YouTube. In 4K.
I would honestly love a pro shot of this, but it’s also a pivotal moment in the show that shouldn’t be ruined.

I'd love to see a 4K version of Thriller, my only concern is - the IMAX version they released in high def was cropped. If they release any higher quality version, I'd hope it would be the full frame.

Don't worry Halloween isn't far away.

The estate might put on 10/31/2022 the longawaited Thriller video - the musical cast performing Michael Jackson's Thriller- to YouTube. In 4K.
Better chance of seeing the Halloween cartoon again.

We were promised promotion and events.

So far we’ve had weekly song announcement tweets that don’t actually name the song being unveiled.

They need to get started soon or it’s not going to be pretty when they expect block buster sales like they always do!

We were promised promotion and events.

So far we’ve had weekly song announcement tweets that don’t actually name the song being unveiled.

They need to get started soon or it’s not going to be pretty when they expect block buster sales like they always do!
Blockbuster sales lol. Thriller the song is about #150 on US iTunes last I checked. No promotion no sales!

I just realized the tracklist for the second disc could end up being partitioned like this:

Thriller 25 Bonus Material

01 The Girl Is Mine (Demo)
02 Got the Hots (Demo)

Thriller Special Edition Bonus Material

03 Someone in the Dark
04 Carousel (Full Version)

Thriller 40 Bonus Material

05 Behind the Mask (Mike's Mix (Demo))
06 Can't Get Outta the Rain

07 The Toy (Demo)
08 Sunset Driver (Demo)

09 What a Lovely Way to Go (Demo)
10 She's Trouble (Demo)

Four new songs and six previously released "rarities" (three of which have never seen a physical release in North America). Save Starlight, Nite Line, the full-length version of Lady in My Life, etc., for a more comprehensive 50th anniversary set.

I hope they upgrade the current videos of Thriller, Beat it and Billie Jean to 4K without those videos losing any views.

I just realized the tracklist for the second disc could end up being partitioned like this:

Thriller 25 Bonus Material

01 The Girl Is Mine (Demo)
02 Got the Hots (Demo)

Thriller Special Edition Bonus Material

03 Someone in the Dark
04 Carousel (Full Version)

Thriller 40 Bonus Material

05 Behind the Mask (Mike's Mix (Demo))
06 Can't Get Outta the Rain

07 The Toy (Demo)
08 Sunset Driver (Demo)

09 What a Lovely Way to Go (Demo)
10 She's Trouble (Demo)

Four new songs and six previously released "rarities" (three of which have never seen a physical release in North America). Save Starlight, Nite Line, the full-length version of Lady in My Life, etc., for a more comprehensive 50th anniversary set.

Why should CGOTR be a Thriller 40 Bonus? It was released on other CDs before. I don't understand your categorization.

Anyway, still excited about the remaining two songs apart from CGOTR.

Next song is obviously Can’t Get Out Of The Rain. It’s better if they announce it this week rather than in the next two weeks. Let’s get the disappointment out of the way and end the track list announcement on a high. The worst thing would be if the final announced song is CGOOTR.

Next song is obviously Can’t Get Out Of The Rain. It’s better if they announce it this week rather than in the next two weeks. Let’s get the disappointment out of the way and end the track list announcement on a high. The worst thing would be if the final announced song is CGOOTR.
Completely agree. Lets end this chapter quickly so we can focus on the last 2 songs. Pretty sure Niteline is one of them :)

Don't forget there's also Starlight to be revealed. I wouldn't expect anything new to be announced until the last week.

The disappointments expressed on this thread are getting ridiculous 😂. It's worth repeating what someone said before, like the man himself, Michael's fans are never satisfied!
(As a perfectionist myself, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing :) )

I aint immune to it and think some of the estates decisions seem rather amateurish. But many of the bonus songs are of high interest for me :) which is really nice, since I did not expect any substantial release whatsoever.

The disappointments expressed on this thread are getting ridiculous 😂. It's worth repeating what someone said before, like the man himself, Michael's fans are never satisfied!
(As a perfectionist myself, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing :) )
That’s just the name of the game. Even MJ himself couldn’t satisfy fans 100% of the time. All you can do is try, and even though the estate’s track record of effort is questionable at best, Thriller 40 is still the second-best reissue we’ve ever gotten, only behind Bad 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back