Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you do realize that the song is being shared illegally, sharing this song is betraying steve porcaro and the trust that is established during these seminars. if you are annoyed with what damien is saying here that is on you
No is jut that i don't like Damien that all

Chicago 1945: 6/10. Very interesting track, but takes a little too long to grab you. However it’s intriguing hearing Michael sing lyrics with sports references and his vocal technique/approach feels different. Either way it’s GREAT hearing new MJ songs regardless but I can see why it was shelved. It’s catchy but I feel it’s production is what holds it back. That having been said I’m conflicted because I do like it and I feel it could have been a hit. Makes me wish Michael would have released an album during the Thrad Era circa 1985 ish and this song SURELY would have had a place on that album!

Dream Away: 4/10. Gorgeous vocals, but it’s still clearly not fleshed out idea/production wise. People saying it’s giving Human Nature/Disney vibes hit the nail on the head. It’s a very pretty song but it just sort of sits there and doesn’t really go anywhere interesting, the melody isn’t super strong. AGAIN, I’m very grateful though to have heard it at all! I put this in the same category of a song like Be Not Always, it’s pretty and I’m glad to hear it but it doesn’t blow me away. I can ultimately see why this track as well was shelved and not really known about.

Chicago 1945: 6/10. Very interesting track, but takes a little too long to grab you. However it’s intriguing hearing Michael sing lyrics with sports references and his vocal technique/approach feels different. Either way it’s GREAT hearing new MJ songs regardless but I can see why it was shelved. It’s catchy but I feel it’s production is what holds it back. That having been said I’m conflicted because I do like it and I feel it could have been a hit. Makes me wish Michael would have released an album during the Thrad Era circa 1985 ish and this song SURELY would have had a place on that album!

Dream Away: 4/10. Gorgeous vocals, but it’s still clearly not fleshed out idea/production wise. People saying it’s giving Human Nature/Disney vibes hit the nail on the head. It’s a very pretty song but it just sort of sits there and doesn’t really go anywhere interesting, the melody isn’t super strong. AGAIN, I’m very grateful though to have heard it at all! I put this in the same category of a song like Be Not Always, it’s pretty and I’m glad to hear it but it doesn’t blow me away. I can ultimately see why this track as well was shelved and not really known about.
Thank you for giving these songs 2 very mediocre vibes, it helps me not listening to them
On the other hand I think the Disney like songs are his absolute finest moments and I adore be not always so I will probzbly,give it a 10/10

I'm halfway through listening to Chicago 1945 for the first time. First impression is, holy fuck the hook is so catchy, I love it!!!!!

To the people like Damien complaining about the leaks, shut up! Stop trying to talk down to grown folks with your parental like soapbox preaching about how we shouldn’t be indulging in leaks. I’m glad they leaked! Life’s too short and who knows if we would’ve ever heard these officially released! We haven’t had a single song release officially since 2014! Now yes, we have Thriller 40th coming up, which contains so many songs already previously heard and really only 2 new songs because I don’t count The Toy or BTM Mike’s mix as “New”. So I say LETS EAT THIS SHIT UP! Do I prefer to hear these for the first time in spectacular quality? Absolutely! However the estate can’t pull their heads out of their own asses half the time so we have to take what we can get.

Especially since Porcaro expressed interest in holding on to “Dream Away” to just give it to Bruno Mars to re-record and release as his own…SCREW THAT! Bruno couldn’t bring 1 half of the talent that Michael brought to that track. It’s also funny how people have no problem with Sundberg and Porcaro profiting off of playing unreleased material to a small subsection of fortunate fans but then get upset when things leak. I say the leakers that ACTUALLY SHARE are heroes.

I'm at work & came to the thread with 2new leaks...I have to say I'm a bit disappointed by Chicago. I thought it would be funky & smooth. It reminds me of a song in chuckie cheese. Dream sounds like a song I heard on the film lean on me (kannesha scene) & it also sounds like for all time & human nature had a baby lol. I'm still more excited for the new t40 tracks. Especially "wdyl"

Especially since Porcaro expressed interest in holding on to “Dream Away” to just give it to Bruno Mars to re-record and release as his own…
Yeah I did not like that idea at all. I would rather they contemporize it with MJs vocals before he gives it away. It's a full take of a good song!

The people who withhold their songs still always have ulterior motives, even when they're being Noble, quote on quote. Like good ol' Will.I.Am. It's almost hilarious.

I hate that it’s leaked unofficially as it has some real potential.

Any experts who can guess the year? Kinda sounds like 1986-7 but I’m not sure
I think this version is from 2014? Damien Shields said that the opening line "Chi-caago. Chi-caago." was added there around that year.

To the people like Damien complaining about the leaks, shut up! Stop trying to talk down to grown folks with your parental like soapbox preaching about how we shouldn’t be indulging in leaks. I’m glad they leaked! Life’s too short and who knows if we would’ve ever heard these officially released! We haven’t had a single song release officially since 2014! Now yes, we have Thriller 40th coming up, which contains so many songs already previously heard and really only 2 new songs because I don’t count The Toy or BTM Mike’s mix as “New”. So I say LETS EAT THIS SHIT UP! Do I prefer to hear these for the first time in spectacular quality? Absolutely! However the estate can’t pull their heads out of their own asses half the time so we have to take what we can get.

Especially since Porcaro expressed interest in holding on to “Dream Away” to just give it to Bruno Mars to re-record and release as his own…SCREW THAT! Bruno couldn’t bring 1 half of the talent that Michael brought to that track. It’s also funny how people have no problem with Sundberg and Porcaro profiting off of playing unreleased material to a small subsection of fortunate fans but then get upset when things leak. I say the leakers that ACTUALLY SHARE are heroes.
Speaking against them being leaked does not take away from an individuals excitement from hearing the song(s). It's simply not our right to leak and decide what happens to other people's art. This shouldn't even be up for debate..

This is not only MJs art child it is also Porcaros, what he wanted to do with it is his business. Even if we disagree. He's spoken to the Estate on multiple occasions about releasing Chicago 1945 and its clear he hoped for an official release.

Of course we all want to hear it, no one is arguing that. It being mass distributed online for public consumption is not at all what should happen.. No one is trying to play Mr. or Miss. higher morality, it's not about that. It's feeling bad for the negative impacts it can have on people like Porcaro and sale potential for MJ.

For me, I'll say this... As I sit on various things that Ive chosen not to leak. The guilt would eat me up too much doing so... That's just me.

Wow, just heard Chicago 1945 and Dream Away for the first time. Absolutely incredible. Chicago is totally reasonable as it is right now. Doesn’t needs any type of remix or something. Release it as a single, promote it and this song is for sure getting a very good chart position. Love it already!

Speaking against them being leaked does not take away from an individuals excitement from hearing the song(s). It's simply not our right to leak and decide what happens to other people's art. This shouldn't even be up for debate..

This is not only MJs art child it is also Porcaros, what he wanted to do with it is his business. Even if we disagree. He's spoken to the Estate on multiple occasions about releasing Chicago 1945 and its clear he hoped for an official release.

Of course we all want to hear it, no one is arguing that. It being mass distributed online for public consumption is not at all what should happen.. No one is trying to play Mr. or Miss. higher morality, it's not about that. It's feeling bad for the negative impacts it can have on people like Porcaro and sale potential for MJ.

For me, I'll say this... As I sit on various things that Ive chosen not to leak. The guilt would eat me up too much doing so... That's just me.
So it’s not our right to leak music that was played publicly for monetary gain? …. Right. Okay. At this point in my life I realize life is so short and anyone of us could go any day, so I’m not holding my breath for the estate to strike up a deal and give us these tracks in our lifetime. If it happens GREAT! If not, well at least we have LQ leaks that can give us SOMETHING! Now if these were stolen from Porcaro’s computer and he never played them publicly, you’d have an argument.

Furthermore, what “various things” do you have and how pre-tell did you gain access to them?

So it’s not our right to leak music that was played publicly for monetary gain? …. Right. Okay. At this point in my life I realize life is so short and anyone of us could go any day, so I’m not holding my breath for the estate to strike up a deal and give us these tracks in our lifetime. If it happens GREAT! If not, well at least we have LQ leaks that can give us SOMETHING! Now if these were stolen from Porcaro’s computer and he never played them publicly, you’d have an argument.

Furthermore, what “various things” do you have and how pre-tell did you gain access to them?
Can't agree more. Im 43, I want to be able to listen to as much from the Vault as possible b4 I pop (Legally, illegally...I don't care. Life is not fair with far more important issues in the world). The estate has enough money to take care of PPB.

Having said that the audio quality is low, so I'm done listening to it (to get the curiosity out) after just a couple of spins. Let's hope it's released soon.

In which year was Chicago recorded? The vocals sounds more like the Bad era to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back