What's Your Favorite word to Hate?

The 2 names of that evil nameless ahole. Are the 2 words that I hate more than any other word there is. Before that horrible June date happen. I never had a problem with those 2 names. Now it just angers, upsets, and or cringed so much every single time I hear or read either name. Because it is just a constant huge reminder for me of what happen.:( :boohoo

Not a word but a phrase: "Connecting the dots."
People use this to try and sound fancy but it sounds tacky to me. lol.

Nibbles
Finger food
Sarnies/Sammies (aka Sandwiches)
Moist
Damp
Flap

"horn" when people say "lets get on the horn" instead of "phone".. every time someone says that I wish I had a super loud obnoxious horn to set off.

fos·ter

ˈfôstər,ˈfästər/
verb
encourage or promote the development of (something, typically something regarded as good).
"the teacher's task is to foster learning"

I really wish people would use the synonyms instead: encourage, promote, further, stimulate, advance, forward, cultivate, nurture, strengthen, enrich;

I hate the word trousers.

And fam. I don't know if this is a universal thing, or a UK thing, but everybody is saying it and it just annoys me so much.

I don't really hate any words, as such....it's just annoying when some of them are over-used, or used wrongly, or used to abbreviate people's communications, generally. For example, when someone uses "whatever" as a stop sign or a barricade to further discussion, or to end an argument. Nothing is resolved by using it in that way.

Mostly, I love words....especially super-interesting ones that are hardly ever used. Such as UBIQUITOUS and SERENDIPITY. Oh, yeah.....I have plenty more, where they came from.

I hate the word trousers.

And fam. I don't know if this is a universal thing, or a UK thing, but everybody is saying it and it just annoys me so much.

I think it's a UK thing. In Australia, we just use the word "pants" for everything - for trousers, slacks, shorts, leggings, tights, jeans.

I loathe the words cheesy/corny/saccharine/sappy. Or phrases like "I know it sounds corny/cheesy"... just no.

Also not such a huge fan of "YAAASS!"

Another one is 'Stan', in reference to the new fandom culture throughout social media. I associate that moniker with Eminem, and I haven't really forgiven him for the "Just Lose It" video.

I still hate hearing or seeing that nameless ahole's name. But I also hate hearing and seeing the words this is it. It just makes me think to much about what happen to Michael.:( :boohoo And when you are still suffering from horrible depression as well anxiety and panic attacks. All over what had happen to him. You definitely do not want to hear or see it.:(

Another one is 'Stan', in reference to the new fandom culture throughout social media. I associate that moniker with Eminem, and I haven't really forgiven him for the "Just Lose It" video.

I am with you on this. Another social media word that is ridiculous, to me (and seems to have a derrogatory tone, is FLOON.

Addicting

There is actually no such word.....the correct word is ADDICTIVE.

Back