when will Janet receieve her BET LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD?

Ms.MJ Fan2007

Proud Member
I wondering when will janet have one. she had a ground breaking career. im guessing in about 6 years she will have her one.
but tina turner , michael the jackson 5, prince, stevie wonder, smokie, a. frankin will all recieve theirs b4 janet so im guessing janet will be after them
i cant see janet getting it b4 any of these artists.

Last edited:
yes it will be a long time before hse get is but when she does it will be an achievement for her and a wonderful one at that :)

ok whitney has her
isley brothers
james brown
diana ross
al green
chaka ka
i wondering when will janet have one. she had a ground breaking career. im guessing in about 6 years she will have her one.
but tina turner , michael the jackson 5, prince, stevie wonder, smokie, a. frankin will all recieve theirs b4 janet so im guessing janet will be after them
i cant see janet getting it b4 any of these artists. lets email BET and ask them can michael or janet be an recepion this year

um u stole my post from janet xone .com

y did u do this those are my words and i have proof

she needs to start making decent music again and start having a little bit more success than she has been. then maybe.

agree ^^Janet has not been in the game long enough to be considered for that award. Also like Pez said up top, She needs to make more descent music. Her last four albums were mediocre at best nothing innovative or creative.

I hope that she does get one but I think the reason why she hasn't had one is because her last 4 albums haven't been that well received and the Superbowl incident may have something to do with it (although I think its really silly for them to keep holding that against her).

agree ^^Janet has not been in the game long enough to be considered for that award. Also like Pez said up top, She needs to make more descent music. Her last four albums were mediocre at best nothing innovative or creative.

Whitney Houston got one the first year of the awards show and her career was only 16 years old by that point.

Yeah Janet's definintely been around long enough and has done a lot. She does deserve it, but there are others who have been around longer and deserve it just as much if not more, so I don't see what the fuss is about really. No doubt she'll get it one day though. I mean I don't see how she could not recieve a BET Lifetime Achievement Award. She's definitely a shoe in.

^^ Right. I'm waiting for them to give the award to Tina Turner. She's been set aside so long in the R&B community, it's silly. Yeah she may have crossed over to pop-rock in the eighties but she was one of the pioneers of R&B and soul alongside her former husband Ike. I don't get THAT snub.

She doesn't deserve one IMO...She wouldn't have done the the few slightly above average things she has accomplished if she wasn't the sister of a Mega star...

She doesn't deserve one IMO...She wouldn't have done the the few slightly above average things she has accomplished if she wasn't the sister of a Mega star...

:mello::smilerolleyes::mello::smilerolleyes: :mello: :smilerolleyes:

we're all victims of circumstances, even Mike. i mean feck knows what you might have turned out like had daddy moulded you into a particular profession from an extremely young age. certainly not wasting time on a popstar forum, i think that would be safe to assume.

sure Janet may not have gotten this far had it not been for her brothers and especially Mike's fame, but it's ridiculous to judge, what is in your view, her "slightly above average" accomplishments based on circumstance. this argument can extend to just about anybody.

i think her outstanding artistic achievements should be more recognised. though i don't know why people give a toss about superficial entities like BET and Grammy.

we're all victims of circumstances, even Mike. i mean feck knows what you might have turned out like had daddy moulded you into a particular profession from an extremely young age. certainly not wasting time on a popstar forum, i think that would be safe to assume.

sure Janet may not have gotten this far had it not been for her brothers and especially Mike's fame, but it's ridiculous to judge, what is in your view, her "slightly above average" accomplishments based on circumstance. this argument can extend to just about anybody.

i think her outstanding artistic achievements should be more recognised. though i don't know why people give a toss about superficial entities like BET and Grammy.

:clapping:

Thank you. I swear some of these MJ stans give him waaaay too much credit when it comes to Janet's career.-_-

Back