When will there be a new album????

Spidey

Proud Member
It's been a while since we have heard anything from the Estate about any material whether it be an anniversary re-release or another new album of unreleased material. I was personally really hoping for a "Duets" album similar to Ray Charle's "Genius and Friends" featuring "Hot Fun in the Summertime" and more. Has anyone heard anything at all?

I'm sure a new album will come at some point. I hope it's not a duet album because I want to hear the original songs.

I'm sure a new album will come at some point. I hope it's not a duet album because I want to hear the original songs.

Agreed.
To me the posthumous "duets" are nothing but a marketing ploy, and nothing more.
Even if they release the original and the duet I wouldn't be happy about it.
I want Michael and only Michael.

I personally would not mind a duet album IFFF, they only use songs that have not completed verses recorded.. As in they have someone else fill in the gaps.. No taking out MJ for someone else! There are songs that are incomplete that it maybe could work!

I wouldn't mind if we never heard another release from him.

That sounds bad, but the way I look at it, if Michael wanted to release this stuff when he was alive he would've done. The last two albums (Michael especially) didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Tarnishing his legacy with subpar releases just isn't something I can support.

I wouldn't mind if we never heard another release from him.

That sounds bad, but the way I look at it, if Michael wanted to release this stuff when he was alive he would've done. The last two albums (Michael especially) didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Tarnishing his legacy with subpar releases just isn't something I can support.

I'm torn between feeling the same way you do, and simply wanting to hear more of Michael's music.

As a fan I of course want to hear any and everything that Michael ever created, but on the other hand it's only a matter of time until the estate has Michael's hologram go on a world tour with Justin Bieber or some dumb ish, so as of now I'm on the fence.

If there not real duets that were made when Mj was around no thanks. It is getting time for a new release tho. Or maybe not. The estate does not communicate with the fans very well. I'd like to hear tracks that relate to the molestation claims. Uncensored of course. no sense holding back now!

is it really such a big struggle for people to scroll down just a little bit to see if there's at least a thread with a similar question like the one they have? :doh:

I'd like to say "I'm fine without any releases" but I am always wanting to see/hear more MJ so I'd be lying.. I mean I spent my entire life waiting for new material, I've gotten used to always looking forward to something from MJ.. to not have that, I just can't grasp that!! Even if I should..

i want all his unreleased music.
everything and any piece he recorded.

i know, the day will come when theres nothing left anymore, but that guy was a genius when it comes to music - so i need to hear it :D.

so i hope theres something to come next year.

No...just no! We don't need a duets album. Maybe if Michael was still alive. It's not the same with Michael gone. Just release the music left behind as is, or with some touches that makes sense for the song (IE Love Never Felt So Good).

No duets, and please...NO REMIXES!

I'm keen for the next posthumous album to be done just like XSCAPE was. Everyone won with that one.

I think it's kinda selfish to only ask for the demos. You know that you're not gonna set new records with demos. I want a new album but I clearly want it to be the best selling album of the year and why not win an award. It can easily happen if the promo isn't as bad as usual. "Posthumous album" doesn't mean make something that everybody does nowadays. They have to bring new sounds, new rhythms, new videos. Michael was a visionary, we are not gonna get an album like if he was still alive but they have to be as close as they can to his talent. There is too much old people who say what needs to be done when it comes to new releases. We're not in the 80s anymore. Let the new generation shows what she got.

Sometimes it seems like it would be 10 times better if some of us were running the estate.

Last edited:
A duets album is a catastrophe of an idea. God knows if it happens the Estate will not select anyone the fans would endorse (Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Siedah Garrett) and would instead aim for what would draw the most sales (Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Adele). And I'm the only one who has absolutely no interest in hearing "Hot Fun in the Summertime" because there are two other singers on it, giving some degree of levity to the rumors that the song is only 1/4 Michael vocals.

I'm down for a new album though. I'm dying for some new tunes.

What y'all mean by "duets album" ? Something like Chris Brown x Tyga ? An album with only featurings ?

^ There was talk once upon of time of taking MJ unreleased material and making a duet album out of it.. having guest stars on the tracks... This was thought more so for the songs that were not finished and had missing portions ie. verses etc. fill in the gaps with other artists

What y'all mean by "duets album" ? Something like Chris Brown x Tyga ? An album with only featurings ?

Yeah almost! It's essentially an album where every song is a duet between Michael and another artist, except instead of just two artists sharing every song (as with Chris and Tyga), there's a new artist on every song.

Very similar to this 1993 Frank Sinatra album "Duets", or this Tony Bennett album "Duets II".

Yeah almost! It's essentially an album where every song is a duet between Michael and another artist, except instead of just two artists sharing every song (as with Chris and Tyga), there's a new artist on every song.

Very similar to this 1993 Frank Sinatra album "Duets", or this Tony Bennett album "Duets II".

Oh okay thanks! Yeah you are right that's a terrible idea. If every artist has a song with Michael Jackson, it ain't MJ no more. One featuring is cool but 15.. HELL NO. The featuring is also the "primordial point" for the marketing, that's what brings two fan-bases together.

But a duets album, that sounds like a mixtape with Wacka Flocka and you know they're not gonna get my money with this shit

Last edited:
Oh okay thanks! Yeah you are right that's a terrible idea. If every artist has a song with Michael Jackson, it ain't MJ no more. One featuring is cool but 15.. HELL NO. The featuring is also the "primordial point" for the marketing, that's what brings two fan-bases together.

But a duets album, that sounds like a mixtape with Wacka Flocka and you know they're not gonna get my money with this shit

No problem! Yeah, I don't want a duets album.

I'm fine with the odd posthumous duet once in a blue moon if the artist fits with the song, is highly respected, was also respectful towards Michael (or never showed any disrespect to him), and above all, the final product itself is good.

Last edited:
A duets album is a catastrophe of an idea. God knows if it happens the Estate will not select anyone the fans would endorse (Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Siedah Garrett) and would instead aim for what would draw the most sales (Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Adele). And I'm the only one who has absolutely no interest in hearing "Hot Fun in the Summertime" because there are two other singers on it, giving some degree of levity to the rumors that the song is only 1/4 Michael vocals.

I'm down for a new album though. I'm dying for some new tunes.

Remember when they tried to make a Justin Bieber duet for Slave To The Rhythm? I still shudder that they even attepted it, but thanks to huge fan backlash that duet was never officially released.

No problem! Yeah, I don't want a duets album.

I'm fine with the odd posthumous duet once in a blue moon if the artist fits with the song, is highly respected, was also respectful towards Michael (or never showed any disrespect to him), and above all, the final product itself is good.

Chris Brown might be the best choice in my opinion. A song like "Picture Me Rollin" (not the one from Tupac) but with Michael's style would probably be a number one hit. The video has to be "revolutionary" in some kind of ways. Something that nobody has done before. For example : They use footages of MJ dancing in Neverland or anywhere, they scan it, restore it etc! Record Chris Brown dancing on a green screen with the same angles as Michael's video, put them together, make a little skit about it and I'm pretty sure the result could be awesome.

KOPV;4161114 said:
^ There was talk once upon of time of taking MJ unreleased material and making a duet album out of it.. having guest stars on the tracks... This was thought more so for the songs that were not finished and had missing portions ie. verses etc. fill in the gaps with other artists

I gather that you are referring to the ‘Michael’ album that was released in 2010. Of course, it is not a full ‘duet’ album but it strongly has the elements you brought up. Other than that, I am not aware of any official news/discussion that took place (concerning a full ‘duet’ album).

lougrizli;4161124 said:
Chris Brown might be the best choice in my opinion. A song like "Picture Me Rollin" (not the one from Tupac) but with Michael's style would probably be a number one hit. The video has to be "revolutionary" in some kind of ways. Something that nobody has done before. For example : They use footages of MJ dancing in Neverland or anywhere, they scan it, restore it etc! Record Chris Brown dancing on a green screen with the same angles as Michael's video, put them together, make a little skit about it and I'm pretty sure the result could be awesome.

This is not a revolutionary way of shooting videos, but a hotchpotch of various shots. This strategy is extremely annoying, especially if we take into account the original concept/feeling that MJ’s music clips used to have.

Remember when they tried to make a Justin Bieber duet for Slave To The Rhythm? I still shudder that they even attepted it, but thanks to huge fan backlash that duet was never officially released.

Unpopular opinion time: I actually liked that duet. The instrumental was dope and Bieber's vocals were great.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion time: I actually liked that duet. The instrumental was dope and Bieber's vocals were great.

-1 purely for Justin Bieber being a racist and near talentless twerp that may be the least talented artist/entertainer of his generation. :/

Edit: I also dislike Justin Timberlakes fake ass for a multitude of reasons, and as for Chris Brown I think it's pretty obvious why I don't like him, and why he shouldn't be on an MJ song.

Overall, I don't like the way that when it comes to these "duets" Michael is hardly the focus anymore.
And doing it for the sake of sells doesn't really make sense to me either considering there's a very small chance that any posthumous release will set the charts ablaze or break records anyway.

Last edited:
-1 purely for Justin Bieber being a racist and near talentless twerp that may be the least talented artist/entertainer of his generation. :/

Racist?

Overall, I don't like the way that when it comes to these "duets" Michael is hardly the focus anymore.

"hardly"? Well if we're speaking musically, in LNFSG, Michael got the first verse and first chorus all by himself. Then JT did a verse, then MJ and JT began duetting on the choruses, but it's mixed so that Michael's vocals are most prominant. Not really "Hardly the focus".

Back