When will there be a new album????

Edit: here's one video http://youtu.be/eGPwHkS4SGc
I actually think there's another one.

"hardly"? Well if we're speaking musically, in LNFSG, Michael got the first verse and first chorus all by himself. Then JT did a verse, then MJ and JT began duetting on the choruses, but it's mixed so that Michael's vocals are most prominant. Not really "Hardly the focus".

I meant overall, and not just musically.
And even then, I feel as though it wasn't very much about Michael musically either, but at least I have the solo version to listen to.

Last edited:
And even then, I feel as though it wasn't very much about Michael musically either, but at least I have the solo version to listen to.

Which is why I think the Xscape idea was so great, even if you didn't like the new mixes or the duet, you still had the demos to enjoy. A great model imho!

Looking into the Bieber thing now.

As much as most of us would prefer a full solo album, we need to be realistic. The well has probably been tapped in terms of high quality songs that have the multiple takes and passes needed to stand up to the inevitable sonic enhancements and "modern" mixing that the songs will adopt for a new release. Sure, they are probably many songs with scatting and dummy lyrics that many of us would love to hear, but just wouldn't hold up commercially (unfortunately) and therefore will probably never been officially released.
A proven commercial option has been to translate partially completed songs into full records using modern artists to fill in the musical gaps. Not only have we seen this with previous post-humous duet albums from the likes of Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Tupac, Elvis, and many more, but even with MJ himself. Arguably the most successful song off the Xscape album (commercially and critically) was LNFSG with Justin Timberlake. With the proper artists, a duet album would be fantastic and a very realistic way for us fans to hear more music that may otherwise sit in the vaults for not being complete enough for release.
A foreseeable conflict arising out this circumstance would be the selection of the duet artists themselves. It is inevitable that there would be some controversy and backlash over some of the participants. We saw that with the leaked Justin Beiber "Slave" track. But how cool would it be to bring in artists we know MJ worked with and loved? What More Can I Give is a great starting point for identifying artists with whom MJ had worked. The best course of action (in my opinion) would be to enlist established artists that have been around before MJ's passing and continue to remain relevant today. Between the 30th Anniversary concert, WMCIG project, MJ and Friends, and even We Are the World, there are still many viable options for a proper duets album that could really sit well with fans and the general public alike!

Pink Diamond Princess;4161138 said:
Edit: here's one video http://youtu.be/eGPwHkS4SGc
I actually think there's another one.

Yeesh. I remember that now. So to be completely honest? … I don’t consider him a racist as a person now. Not that I want to defend such a video, and I won't. I find the video absolutely abhorrent and he should feel disgusted and ashamed for what he said.

I did some digging into this video and it looks like of all people, Bieber himself owned up to this and released this video on purpose about two years ago (someone was trying to extort him in return for keeping the video suppressed). Bieber stated “As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance”. I think he's genuine, but more on that soon.

Researching it further, Bieber himself regretted it shortly after (claiming he was singing a racist internet parody) and told Usher and Will Smith about the existence of the videos years ago. Usher then took “Bieber into a room and showed him historically racist videos to drive home how hurtful these words can be.” Usher later said publicly "I can tell you that he hasn't always chosen the path of his greatest potential, but he is unequivocally not a racist. What he was 5 years ago was a naive child who did not understand the negative power and degradation that comes from playing with racial slurs."

So calling and defining him as a person as a racist based on this video alone? As disgusting as his acts were, I believe his apologies were genuine. Nevermind the fact he could've very easily suppressed the release of this video by paying the extortion, he’s what, 14/15 here? Young teenagers are stupid and they do idiotic things, I don't believe that should necessarily excuse them but I’m not going to judge and define a man now in his 20s on some joke he made in private as a young ignorant and idiotic teenager. Who as a teenager here never said anything stupid that they later regretted? We all have. Do I think it should define them as a person many years down the track? Not necessarily.

Even if they know its a bad word, I don't think most 14 year olds understand the serious gratifications that such a words possess (especially when such a word is used so openly in the media by many black people themselves, while it doesn't excuse the use, it can potentially soften the impact to those less educated and lead to misunderstandings). If I were to go by the accounts of black people who are close to him but aren't dependent on him (i.e. Usher, 50 Cent), he has learnt the errors of his ways and doesn't display the attitudes typical of a racist. On top of this, the amount of black friends I've seen with him in photos over the years, the fact he has openly collaborated with many black artists... as well looking at his attitude and behaviour in regards to black people over the years... tbh I seriously doubt he is an actual racist.

So no, I don’t consider him as a person racist. If video got out of him, say, this year insulting someone by calling them a n*****r? Now that he's old enough to understand the implications and power of such terminology, then yes I would. But for now? No, I don't. I think he was a f**king idiotic teenager who needed to be educated on the power some words have.

Last edited:
As much as most of us would prefer a full solo album, we need to be realistic. The well has probably been tapped in terms of high quality songs that have the multiple takes and passes needed to stand up to the inevitable sonic enhancements and "modern" mixing that the songs will adopt for a new release. Sure, they are probably many songs with scatting and dummy lyrics that many of us would love to hear, but just wouldn't hold up commercially (unfortunately) and therefore will probably never been officially released.

Sometimes I do worry about just how many more "good songs" are left in the vault. I've heard varying numbers over the years about how Michael had many unreleased songs, but how many are actual, fully-written songs that were also fully recorded? Let alone good?

Sometimes I do worry about the quality of the songs left unreleased and I'm not doubting Michael's abilities, I love a great number of the songs he never released. I just hope the Estate don't scrap the barrel and are aware and respectful of what should and shouldn't be released.

A proven commercial option has been to translate partially completed songs into full records using modern artists to fill in the musical gaps. Not only have we seen this with previous post-humous duet albums from the likes of Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Tupac, Elvis, and many more, but even with MJ himself. Arguably the most successful song off the Xscape album (commercially and critically) was LNFSG with Justin Timberlake. With the proper artists, a duet album would be fantastic and a very realistic way for us fans to hear more music that may otherwise sit in the vaults for not being complete enough for release.

A foreseeable conflict arising out this circumstance would be the selection of the duet artists themselves. It is inevitable that there would be some controversy and backlash over some of the participants. We saw that with the leaked Justin Beiber "Slave" track. But how cool would it be to bring in artists we know MJ worked with and loved? What More Can I Give is a great starting point for identifying artists with whom MJ had worked. The best course of action (in my opinion) would be to enlist established artists that have been around before MJ's passing and continue to remain relevant today. Between the 30th Anniversary concert, WMCIG project, MJ and Friends, and even We Are the World, there are still many viable options for a proper duets album that could really sit well with fans and the general public alike!

I always had this idea that with unfinished/unreleased songs like What More Can I Give or People of the World... say there is some big disaster that calls for another We Are The World. What if the Estate approached many other big, respectable artists who had the ability to do some good, make an impact and essentially get them to help finish the song. They could help write the remaining verses (if it's unfinished), come together and do another We Are The World. All the proceeds would go to charity, to help those in need after said disaster

Like honestly, assuming MJ's vocals are decent, I'd be SO down for that. Michael was always trying to re-do We Are The World, such a project if done well would follow in his spirit and do something to benefit those in need! On top of that, the amount of publicity it'd get! All these big name, respected superstars coming together on a new unreleased Michael Jackson track to help the misfortunate, and all the proceeds going to charity? That'd generate some serious publicity! I've seen digital stores like iTunes allow their share of the profits to be given to the charities as well whilst heavily promoting the content on the iTunes frontpage!

I think it's kinda selfish to only ask for the demos. You know that you're not gonna set new records with demos. I want a new album but I clearly want it to be the best selling album of the year and why not win an award. It can easily happen if the promo isn't as bad as usual. "Posthumous album" doesn't mean make something that everybody does nowadays. They have to bring new sounds, new rhythms, new videos. Michael was a visionary, we are not gonna get an album like if he was still alive but they have to be as close as they can to his talent. There is too much old people who say what needs to be done when it comes to new releases. We're not in the 80s anymore. Let the new generation shows what she got.

Sometimes it seems like it would be 10 times better if some of us were running the estate.
They can release another remix album like Xscape if they want but they need to put the original demos on the second disc again. I hate that there are no demo version available of the songs on Michael album.

HIStoric;4161142 said:
Yeesh. I remember that now. So to be completely honest? … I don’t consider him a racist as a person now. Not that I want to defend such a video, and I won't. I find the video absolutely abhorrent and he should feel disgusted and ashamed for what he said.

I did some digging into this video and it looks like of all people, Bieber himself owned up to this and released this video on purpose about two years ago (someone was trying to extort him in return for keeping the video suppressed). Bieber stated “As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance”. I think he's genuine, but more on that soon.

Researching it further, Bieber himself regretted it shortly after (claiming he was singing a racist internet parody) and told Usher and Will Smith about the existence of the videos years ago. Usher then took “Bieber into a room and showed him historically racist videos to drive home how hurtful these words can be.” Usher later said publicly "I can tell you that he hasn't always chosen the path of his greatest potential, but he is unequivocally not a racist. What he was 5 years ago was a naive child who did not understand the negative power and degradation that comes from playing with racial slurs."

So calling and defining him as a person as a racist based on this video alone? As disgusting as his acts were, I believe his apologies were genuine. Nevermind the fact he could've very easily suppressed the release of this video by paying the extortion, he’s what, 14/15 here? Young teenagers are stupid and they do idiotic things, I don't believe that should necessarily excuse them but I’m not going to judge and define a man now in his 20s on some joke he made in private as a young ignorant and idiotic teenager. Who as a teenager here never said anything stupid that they later regretted? We all have.
I knew he apologised for it, but I honestly think that he was only sorry he got caught.
And yes people say things they regret everyday, but I also think that 14/15 is old enough to know what and what not to say when it comes to race unless your extremely sheltered or something, and even then he obviously knew he was being racist.

Even if they know its a bad word, I don't think most 14 year olds understand the serious gratifications that such a words possess (especially when such a word is used so openly in the media by many black people themselves, while it doesn't excuse the use, it can potentially soften the impact to those less educated and lead to misunderstandings). If I were to go by the accounts of black people who are close to him but aren't dependent on him (i.e. Usher, 50 Cent), he has learnt the errors of his ways and doesn't display the attitudes typical of a racist. On top of this, the amount of black friends I've seen with him in photos over the years, the fact he has openly collaborated with many black artists... as well looking at his attitude and behaviour in regards to black people over the years... tbh I seriously doubt he is an actual racist.

SMH, do you know how many racists "have black friends", and while I wholeheartedly think the n word shouldn't be used at all lets not pretend that a black person saying that his or her friend is their n**** is the same as a racist saying I hate those n****** and that Bieber couldn't differentiate between the two.
What he did in that video wasn't an accident.
He purposefully told a disgusting joke that he knew was degrading toward an entire group of people.

Look at this video where he sings a parody of one of his own shitty songs about being part of the KKK and killing black people. http://youtu.be/7z6pdjCalc0

Last edited:
I knew he apologised for it, but I honestly think that he was only sorry he got caught.
And yes people say things they regret everyday, but I also think that 14/15 is old enough to know what and what not to say when it comes to race unless your extremely sheltered or something, and even then he obviously knew he was being racist.

SMH, do you know how many racists "have black friends", and while I wholeheartedly think the n word shouldn't be used at all lets not pretend that a black person saying that his or her friend is their n**** is the same as a racist saying I hate those n****** and that Bieber couldn't differentiate between the two.
What he did in that video wasn't an accident.
He purposefully told a disgusting joke that he knew was degrading toward an entire group of people.

Look at this video where he sings a parody of one of his own shitty songs about being part of the KKK and killing black people. http://youtu.be/7z6pdjCalc0

He was hardly "caught" if it was him who released these videos (and yes, I saw the other video. Bieber released that alongside the other). Dude basically owned up to his mistake. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars, if he wanted to keep this on the down-low, he could've. I believe he is genuine because of the statements released by those close to him who are affected by such remarks and the fact he chose to bring this on himself by publicly releasing the videos.

At the age of 14/15, I think it's possible to know a word is bad but to not know the severity and history behind of it all. At that age, I knew not to say that word but I didn't grasp the seriousness of the word and it's history until a year or two later when I learnt about slavery and racism in history class. I knew of the KKK, I knew that slavery happened but the gruesome details? Idk when Americans are taught it, but it's very possible for a white boy growing up in Canada to be in similar situations too.

Like TBH, I can see your side of the argument and I even agree with some of your points. I'm not defending Bieber's actions in the video at all, they frankly disgust me as I have expressed many times now. All I'm saying is I don't wish to define him now as a whole person, like ~8 years on, solely from a few idiotic jokes he made as an uneducated teenager in private.

They can release another remix album like Xscape if they want but they need to put the original demos on the second disc again. I hate that there are no demo version available of the songs on Michael album.

Agreed. I loved the remixes on XSCAPE but I just hate the sound they used for Michael. It's so sub-par and unworthy of the Michael Jackson brand. I don't even have it on my iTunes anymore, haven't for years. I do enjoy many of the songs on there like Another Day (demo) and Hollywood Tonight but I just end up listening to the demos for them. I wish they just released the demos for them alongside the new contemporisations.

I do hope that some of the better tracks on that album are given another chance in the future, even if just the demos are released.

Actually... The catalogue of full songs is not endless.... A lot of them are unfinished, BUT.... There is an option. Just look at some songs that was released on UC... Scared of The Moon, Monkey Business, Beautifull Girl, We´ve had enough.... They can také these ones (with If you Don´t love me, Serious effect, cheater.. etc...) and make them a new, fresh sound like with I like the way on Michael album. (even I think that We´ve had enough is perfect as it is...)

Those songs weren´t released properly... Just on UC.... So this is an option for a full solo album... Just can you imagine Price of Fame? Fresh and new without synths in 80´s? WOOW

mj_frenzy;4161125 said:
This is not a revolutionary way of shooting videos, but a hotchpotch of various shots. This strategy is extremely annoying, especially if we take into account the original concept/feeling that MJ’s music clips used to have.

Did I said it was revolutionary in term of shooting videos ? I'm talking about the video itself. I've never seen someone used this concept, especially with a dead artist. Hotchpotch ? No. The point is to make a skit about it, not to put footages everywhere with no sense. At least it would still be better than LNFSG, that didn't have the original concept that you're talking about.

Anyway. I don't think these threads are gonna change something! If the Estate want to release a duets album, they will do it because there will always be people to buy it.

Galactus123;4161149 said:

Yeah for sure ! Some remixes were pretty good IMO. And everybody would be happy with an album like Xscape. The fans who don't want the new versions would still have the demos.

Last edited:
I've not defended Justin Bieber much butttt.. to call a child racist for some stupid comment like that a racist is bit much in my view.. That is one ollllddddd @$$ joke (which should not be said) but I could tell you dozens of people that have said that same thing that are not racist.. The N word should not be used and I am not trying to excuse it... That just does not make him racist, that makes him an immature kid.

And a little secret, the N word is used a lot by non black people alllll the time, and not directed towards black ppl.. lets not pretend it' not.. I know people that call me that, or just people say cuz they find humor in the fact they are saying something inappropriate.. It's wrong, but things like Bieber said in that vid are said millions on non black people...

do you think many white kids don't rap the N word when they are rapping with a song? "I ain't sayin' she's a gold digga, but she aint messin' with a broke......"

Honestly u think MOST just stop at 'broke'? or more so depending on who's around..

I've not defended Justin Bieber much butttt.. to call a child racist for some stupid comment like that a racist is pretty ridiculous in my view.. That is one ollllddddd @$$ joke (which should not be said) but I could tell you dozens of people that have said that same thing that are not racist.. The N word should not be used and I am not trying to excuse it... That just does not make him racist, that makes him an immature kid.

And a little secret, the N word is used a lot by non black people alllll the time, and not directed towards black ppl.. lets not pretend it' not.. I know people that call me that, or just people say cuz they find humor in the fact they are saying something inappropriate.. It's wrong, but things like Bieber said in that vid are said millions on non black people...

do you think many white kids don't rap the N word when they are rapping with a song? "I ain't sayin' she's a gold digga, but she aint messin' with a broke......"

Honestly u think MOST just stop at 'broke'? or more so depending on who's around..

You're right! I think it's mostly due to the fact that this word is now used everywhere and for any reasons. You can even heard the N word in a pop song. People see it as a cool world and don't see the negative side of it anymore. But Justin Bieber is still a douchebag.

Did you see the videos of his fans asking him for a hug ? He didn't even look at her, he only said "no." There is another video of a girl who told him that she loves him, he didn't look at her either and said "Yeah okay"

I've not defended Justin Bieber much butttt.. to call a child racist for some stupid comment like that a racist is bit much in my view.. That is one ollllddddd @$$ joke (which should not be said) but I could tell you dozens of people that have said that same thing that are not racist.. The N word should not be used and I am not trying to excuse it... That just does not make him racist, that makes him an immature kid.

I understand what you're saying, and I know that a lot of people of all races say the n-word, but he didn't say the word because it was part of a song or anything like that.

He sat there and sang with malice about how there would be one less lonely n***** if he killed a black person, and how he would be part of the KKK if he did it.
Those aren't the words of an "immature kid."
Let's also not forget that while he was sitting there singing that shit that Usher (a BLACK man) is one of the only reasons we know who Justin Bieber is.

I can't simply write off the things he said as being childish and immature.

I'm not saying 'write it off' just I don't consider him a racist for saying something so stupid.. if I've seen a pattern of racist acts to fallow, that's another thing.. Some of his closest friends are black.. Some say he tries to BE black lol!

Basically seeing him out and about he's proven he does/says dumb sh**, just not a racist! lol He tries to fit into whatever crowd he's in and now his name has made him feel 'cool'.. Tries to be slick, tries to be funny, (as some say) tries to be black, tries to be all these things that isn't authentic.. That same type of person would sit there as a kid and say sh** that they think would make people laugh...

It's the same phenomenon why cartoons that have adult content became so interesting to ppl... Finding humor in what you're not supposed to do and doing it.. ie. South Park, Family Guy.. That new movie 'Sausage party'..

I have to repeat, I am in no way advocating using the N word!

Hey there' even an N word in an MJ song.. I should have used that as the example, more fitting for the thread...

Being on topic now lol! New album, I want.. preferably without the N word.

I'm not saying 'write it off' just I don't consider him a racist for saying something so stupid.. if I've seen a pattern of racist acts to fallow, that's another thing.. Some of his closest friends are black.. Some say he tries to BE black lol!

Basically seeing him out and about he's proven he does/says dumb sh**, just not a racist! lol He tries to fit into whatever crowd he's in and now his name has made him feel 'cool'.. Tries to be slick, tries to be funny, (as some say) tries to be black, tries to be all these things that isn't authentic.. That same type of person would sit there as a kid and say sh** that they think would make people laugh...

It's the same phenomenon why cartoons that have adult content became so interesting to ppl... Finding humor in what you're not supposed to do and doing it.. ie. South Park, Family Guy.. That new movie 'Sausage party'..

I have to repeat, I am in no way advocating using the N word!

Hey there' even an N word in an MJ song.. I should have used that as the example, more fitting for the thread...

Being on topic now lol! New album, I want.. preferably without the N word.

You know what, at this point I'm just going leave this whole thing alone because if someone doesn't see whats wrong with what he said then they can't be argued with anyway.:no:

OK... So my comment is ignorated by Justin Biebers off topic :D great

Way too soon for a duets album. There is plenty more left in the vault for at least 2 more albums. That's just what's available to the Estate

I really think it would be great if they brought in some MJ fans to get a listen in to lets say a list of 30 songs and fans can help decipher which they think should make the cut... This would most likely never happen, but would be nice.

I really wanted them to do "Dangerous 25", but that seems very unlikely now. Another posthumous compilation would be great, but Sony and the Estate need to work harder on it. "Michael" was largely overwhelmed by the Cascio controversy, while "Xscape" was just a bunch of remixes with the originals only available for a higher price. We as fans deserve better, and quite frankly, so does Michael's legacy.

The Estate needs to stop helping feed the American view of the albums with Quincy being his strongest woks... Dangerous, History are great and did well..

I really think it would be great if they brought in some MJ fans to get a listen in to lets say a list of 30 songs and fans can help decipher which they think should make the cut... This would most likely never happen, but would be nice.

I might be dreaming too much but the estate should set up a team of 10 "hard-core fans" who would be able to control the releases.
I mean it's pretty obvious that we can do everything by ourselves. The montages, the audio mixing, etc. That is not a problem for us to watch 72 hours of footages without sleeping.

And I think we are the only ones who can bring that new touch to his stuffs. We are those who noticed what's wrong everytime there's something new who's coming out. There is no communication between them and us and that's the main problem.

Last edited:
Moviefan2k4;4161235 said:
I really wanted them to do "Dangerous 25", but that seems very unlikely now. Another posthumous compilation would be great, but Sony and the Estate need to work harder on it. "Michael" was largely overwhelmed by the Cascio controversy, while "Xscape" was just a bunch of remixes with the originals only available for a higher price. We as fans deserve better, and quite frankly, so does Michael's legacy.

I´m completelly satisfied with Xscape...

Back