Where Is The Promo?!?

On Z103.5, Toronto's most popular station for ages 16-30, announced today a huge contest for tomorrow. Every hour beginning at 7am the station is giving away a free copy of MICHAEL. They are plugging the album all day. I heard HMH tonight on the station and they were discussing the new album. Also, they announced the contest on their Facebook page. This station has a potential reach of over 7 million people! Average listeners at any time is 50,000 to 100,000 people!

More details:
http://www.z1035.com/feature_details.php?id=811

Last edited:
On Z103.5, Toronto's most popular station for ages 16-30, announced today a huge contest for tomorrow. Every hour beginning at 7am the station is giving away a free copy of MICHAEL. They are plugging the album all day. I heard HMH tonight on the station and they were discussing the new album. Also, they announced the contest on their Facebook page. This station has a potential reach of over 7 million people! Average listeners at any time is 50,000 to 100,000 people!

More details:

that is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo

More details:

:woohoo: GO T.O.!!

'Michael' Billboard in Times Square

DSCF1910_2.jpg

http://www.mjnewsalerts.com/home/index.php?&subaction=showfull&id=1292538499

Last edited:
:yes:

It's no secret that Times Square is the place to see - and it's also the place to be seen.

The Times Square district is one of the most desirable and sought-after neighborhoods for national and international advertising. This is no surprise given the area's famous electronic screens and massive, striking billboards.

Take a look at the facts

• There are 200,000 employees in Times Square – one in four Midtown office employees work in this district.
  • 500,000 people go through Times Square every day - 250,000 employees and residents and 250,000 additional in tourists and passersby.
  • Every day, more than 10 million viewers see live shots of Times Square through nationally televised programs like Good Morning America.
  • A sign in Times Square receives an estimated 1.5 million impressions per day.
  • And of course, some portion of the festivities in Times Square on New Year's Eve are witnessed by a global television audience estimated at over one billion people.
http://www.timessquarenyc.org/about_us/advertisingtimessquare.html

It may have just been put up this evening...

love is magical;3141586 said:
Nice! Times Square is one of the most crowded spot in the world. It's a good place to have a billboard.

My office is just a few blocks away from TS. Will check it out tomorrow. I must be blind. How come I didn't notice it? :scratch:

If that billboard remains at TS on New Year's Eve, then the album will finally get the promotion it really needs.

Million and million of people watch the New Year count down at Times Square.

yup promo is horrible and sony or should i say phony are really damaging sales with this lack of promotion. why would they predict the the same numbers as this is it?? This is it had a huge documentary film behind it , only way this album could do relevant is if they PROMOTE like crazyyyy , which they havent done AT ALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
so thier predictions are pretty lousy if you ask me.

EFF SONY!

yep. it sux indeed. i hope its better in other countries cos australia's got very little so far
the times square thing is cool tho.
they should use that poster thingo that was in the guiness book

Seems like the only promo is on things that people don't notice.
Tiny spot at Times Square, little commercials here and there on unpopular channels, not lowering the price on the most crucial week of sales, etc. :(

What were you waiting for, MJ's dead and you don't have the real MJ's music in this album, plus the controversy about the voice... Everybody's disgusted, Mj deserved better, he could have made a great event with this album it it contained real Michael stuffs (no remixes) with vocals that aren't "far from finished"...

Just fill your facebook,myspace twitter accounts with the new songs,it`s the only think we can do

Just fill your facebook,myspace twitter accounts with the new songs,it`s the only think we can do

Great idea.. we can promote MICHAEL and encourage others to buy it! Promote MICHAEL on facebook, twitter and youtube.

It's December 17th, 3 days after the release of the album here in the states....I still have not seen any promotion, I have not heard Hold My Hand on the radio, and get this...my local Walmart store, doesn't even have the album in stock. It wasn't on the shelf Tuesday morning (about 730 AM). Went back the next day, and again on Thursday....still not there. I asked them if they had it, and they looked at me like a monkey doing a math problem.

Sony has once again fucked up big time.

It's December 17th, 3 days after the release of the album here in the states....I still have not seen any promotion, I have not heard Hold My Hand on the radio, and get this...my local Walmart store, doesn't even have the album in stock. It wasn't on the shelf Tuesday morning (about 730 AM). Went back the next day, and again on Thursday....still not there. I asked them if they had it, and they looked at me like a monkey doing a math problem.

Sony has once again fucked up big time.

That's weird...where I live (central USA) the shops are PACKED with the album. All of the Best Buys here even have these cardboard/shelf type things with a giant picture of the album saying "The Wait is Over". The Walmarts here have tons of copies of the album, and they're all displayed in the front - at the "New Releases" part of the section. All of this stuff at the stores was up 3 days ago on the first day of its release, and it's still there. I'm not sure what's going on where you live..

Oh yeah, and the first thing you see when you walk into my local Best Buy is MJ the Experience (Wii) displayed & playing on this GIANT flatscreen with the volume turned ALL the way up, so the whole store can hear MJ's music. Epic, right?

My local Walmart didn't even have Vision out right away upon it's release. I finally found only 2 copies Tuesday morning when "Michael" came out.

Again, Sony is really dropping the ball here

Still nothing in Ireland, only people that seem to know there is a new album are the people who are fans or have been told by fans. That is why it will be lucky to make top 30 and hmh didn't even make the charts.

Take That also performed on Strictly Come Dancing (the next most watched TV show in the UK) on Saturday AND Sunday. Its likely their album will continue to sell well.

Great that the ad for the album was shown during the X Factor breaks however, there was absolutely nothing stopping Sony for pushing this program to play the video during the show...?

Also saw the huge ad in the NOTW newspaper this morning but that promo was kind of cancelled out by the ridiculous reviews that featured twice.

I think Michael will do well, it just might not make it to the top spot over here, which will be a massive shame. Got my fingers crossed for a No.1 though :) Here's hoping for 200,000+

Yeah unfortunatly all the uk newspapers are giving it so much negativity its unreal, they all have rated it 2 stars (out of 5)...They actually gave n dubz and black eyed peas 3 stars and michael 2 stars! Could not belive it!

Even cheryl cole who has a hugely weak vocal,doesnt produce/doesnt put no musical knowledge into albums/relies on layers gets a higher rating than a great singer/producer its unreal!

I have'nt seen one ad for the 'Michael' album on US tv........why is that? strange....

The only real promo i've seen for it here is a article bout teddy riley/album and they rated the album a 2 star

i live in Canada and i have yet to see ONE advertisement or billboard anywhere!!!!!!!!
not ONE TV commercial not even ONE! so many of my friends have nooo idea album even exists. how could they do this to us? like how? SONY knoooows whats goin on , thier a huge company and know that promotion and advertising is KEYYYYY in releasing an album especially one as big as "MICHAEL", the first album of new material since his death. So to me their clearly just not giving a flying F*CK about this project.

I'm so god damn confused and so angry. Can someone explain to me what happens when a company like Sony does this?? Is their ANYTHING anybody can do?? Or do we just watch his legacy get tarnished but these money hungry hounds? Absolutely disgusted by the lack of effort in promoting and advertising this album.
Michael Jackson would have larger than life statues of himself in different countries as a promotion tool, and that's a fraction of the promotion he wanted on each project. SONY a HUGE record company; how could they not know how to make an album properly successful ( More ads ,better promo , better first single release , better album teaser.) its like they KNEW they could have advertised more but they simply didn't give a crap. Michael would be turning in his grave right now. THIS IS F*cking BULLSH*T.

i live in Canada and i have yet to see ONE advertisement or billboard anywhere!!!!!!!!
not ONE TV commercial not even ONE! so many of my friends have nooo idea album even exists. how could they do this to us? like how? SONY knoooows whats goin on , thier a huge company and know that promotion and advertising is KEYYYYY in releasing an album especially one as big as "MICHAEL", the first album of new material since his death. So to me their clearly just not giving a flying F*CK about this project.

I'm so god damn confused and so angry. Can someone explain to me what happens when a company like Sony does this?? Is their ANYTHING anybody can do?? Or do we just watch his legacy get tarnished but these money hungry hounds? Absolutely disgusted by the lack of effort in promoting and advertising this album.
Michael Jackson would have larger than life statues of himself in different countries as a promotion tool, and that's a fraction of the promotion he wanted on each project. SONY a HUGE record company; how could they not know how to make an album properly successful ( More ads ,better promo , better first single release , better album teaser.) its like they KNEW they could have advertised more but they simply didn't give a crap. Michael would be turning in his grave right now. THIS IS F*cking BULLSH*T.

Sadly, I agree...:hug:

I'm just gonna be honest here. I want the album to sell well, but with all the luck of promotion, I wouldn't be the surprise if it doesn't debut at #1. Just sayin'. -_-

i saw the commercial ONE time and it was at 3am =/ , i havent seen the HMH video on tv yet, and i heard it on the radio yesterday around 1am

I have been seeing commercials on VH1 this entire weekend for the Michael CD. And it wa pretty long, you hear a voice say Michael, then the album pops up with different scence of mike in background dancing bto beat it a tiger moving really nice.

Back