Who Is Celebrating 25 Years of MJ Fandom With Me?

Born To Love You

Proud Member
I can't believe that 25 years have gone already!!

Someone mentioned in one of the news threads that they were celebrating their 25th MJ anniversary (I think it was Dorothy Marie) and it came home to me - HEY, IT'S MY ANNIVERSARY TOO.

I became a fan when I heard Beat It for the first time on local radio. I remember it like it was yesterday. I went beserk! I became obsessed with getting that album, with finding out all I could about Michael Jackson. My whole teenaged world revolved around him. That summer I traveled to New York and I saw the Beat It video for the first time. OMG!!!!! I didnt know my baby could dance like that. That was it. I was in love.

Some 25 years later I still get giddy watching Michael perform. My love has grown and matured and means steadfast. People thought it was just a crush, but I knew it was something more. I feel blessed. Like a married couple, we've been through alot 'together', but here we are still standing.

So, it's official I am going to be celebrating for the rest of the year, celebrating this incredible man and his incredible music1

Who's with me?

I can't believe that 25 years have gone already!!

Someone mentioned in one of the news threads that they were celebrating their 25th MJ anniversary (I think it was Dorothy Marie) and it came home to me - HEY, IT'S MY ANNIVERSARY TOO.

I became a fan when I heard Beat It for the first time on local radio. I remember it like it was yesterday. I went beserk! I became obsessed with getting that album, with finding out all I could about Michael Jackson. My whole teenaged world revolved around him. That summer I traveled to New York and I saw the Beat It video for the first time. OMG!!!!! I didnt know my baby could dance like that. That was it. I was in love.

Some 25 years later I still get giddy watching Michael perform. My love has grown and matured and means steadfast. People thought it was just a crush, but I knew it was something more. I feel blessed. Like a married couple, we've been through alot 'together', but here we are still standing.

So, it's official I am going to be celebrating for the rest of the year, celebrating this incredible man and his incredible music1

Who's with me?

Hey there! Yes I am one of those whom are celebrating their 25th anniversary on being an MJ fan. It was 25 years ago on May 16, 1983 when I first laid my eyes on Michael Jackson on that historic night of the airing of Motown 25th. It was the way he moved, his looks and that moonwalk is what had me floored at the age of 10. :punk: I will still be his fan for the next 25 years. Nice to be not the only one who is celebrating 25 years. :D

I have been a fan of MJ's for 27 years now. I can honestly say he's what's kep me sane all these years. Without him, music wouldn't be anything what it is today.

add me to the 25 year list,my first memory of Michael is seeing Billie Jean and Thriller on tv in 1983. I also remember watching a satrday morning kids show where they showed the full length Thriller video and had a studio debate over the content and whehter it was suitable for children. Even though I was only 6 years old I wasnt scared but totally fascinated by this man and his dancing.

I'm a FAN since '87 so it's 21 years. Mike's music has always been a part of my life, since I was a baby, but I'm counting since I was like 3...

Oh Datsy...I was sure you were running on at least 10 years :baby:
No, I got converted from a Prince fan to an MJ fan after watching the nasty bashire. Before that I didn't even know what MJ looked like. I must have been living under a rock. I had so much catching up to do. I'm doing fine though.

No, I got converted from a Prince fan to an MJ fan after watching the nasty bashire. Before that I didn't even know what MJ looked like. I must have been living under a rock. I had so much catching up to do. I'm doing fine though.

You sure are, you've got much more info than a lot of people here including me...

Last edited:
You sure are, you've got much more info than a lot of people here including me...
I feel as if I have been to a Michael Jackson university. I gobbled up everythung about the man in such a short time., Before that I couldn't even name Billie Jean. It was that bad. I knew some media gossip though.

^^ :lol: incredible how something like the Bashir doc drew you in...
Yes, I didn't really care about MJ, I just wanted to see how the other half live. It could have been any rich people. I was just being nosey. But I was so impressed by the humility and I caught myself smiling at this charming man and liking him more and more. I didn't even know any of his songs at the time. Years later I discovered that I actually owned his Off the wall album. I was so shocked.

I've been a fan since 1982/83, I was six :D And here I am 32 and still a fan!! I know I always will be. I love to listen to him sing, especially live, and I love to watch him perform... To me he is the greatest.:wub:

Hi, I`m one of those whom are celebrating their 25th anniversary on being a Michael Jackson fan & supporter.:punk:

I remember watching television with my family where they showed the Beat It video. I was 14 years old & extremely impressed by this artist and his awesome dance moves! For me he is a symbol for magic & fascination - also a wonderful sweet guy.:clapping:

25 years ago, whoa. I can`t believe;-) Now, I`m still be his dedicated fan - his loyal supporter who LOVE him and his music. I`m proud to be one of those who defends him whenever and however I can.:yes:

Last edited:
First of all Congratulations to all of you guys who are celebrating their fandom! lol

Second I can't really remember it should be around 25 years for me also.
I got in touch with him when we did a group dance :party:in school on a Michael Jackson medley... Thriller, Billy Jean, Beat it, Don't stop till you get enough... our teacher in sports was a huge Michael Jackson fan... well like everybody somehow! lol

Yes, I didn't really care about MJ, I just wanted to see how the other half live. It could have been any rich people. I was just being nosey. But I was so impressed by the humility and I caught myself smiling at this charming man and liking him more and more. I didn't even know any of his songs at the time. Years later I discovered that I actually owned his Off the wall album. I was so shocked.

you didn't know u owned an mj album?

well..that gives a good glimpse into mj's worldwide magnitude

I've been a fan since 1982/83, I was six :D And here I am 32 and still a fan!! I know I always will be. I love to listen to him sing, especially live, and I love to watch him perform... To me he is the greatest.:wub:

my twin across the miles, same age , same first memories, wow

LOL, to think of the millions of priceless things people must have in their basements at this very moment!

I'm so proud to be a fan, most importantly to have remained loyal and true through all this years...God I feel old when I say I've been a fan for so long, but when I remember I was very very little when it all started I feel so proud of myself for being able to recognice magic and talent at such a young age.

Well I was born in 80's, but I always remember him being part of my life somehow.

The first memory I have of Mike was when I was around 3 though but it was love at first sight lol, so I'll say that i'm in my 18th year of MJ fandom :).

Last edited:
my twin across the miles, same age , same first memories, wow

Well hello there, that is pretty cool. I smiled to myself when I was reading this thread and I came to your first post. My first memories are pretty much the same too, like you said. For me it was Billie Jean that I remember first, but I loved all the videos and I remember trying to stay up until midnight to watch a show called Friday Night Videos, just to see Michael:wub: I was so into Michael that I wasn't afraid of the Thriller video either, I watched it over and over, oh and the making of thriller, that was one of my favs too. Those are great memories, it was a fun time.

Cinnamon, Michael was always a part of my life as well. I used to sing backup for my cousin whenever she performed "Ben" and I knew all the songs on the Jackson 5 Christmas album and I danced like mad to Dont Stop and Working Day and Night. But Michael did not really impact on me until Beat It.

The impact of Thriller should NEVER be underestimated. In Barbados everywhere you turned in 1983 and 1984 there were MJ badges, wallets, bags, shirts, pins. My friends used to stand around in the bookshops reading Right On! to find out more about Michael. We even put up posters in our classroom (unheard of in those days). There were some people in the Beat It jacket even though that meant sweating like a pig!

Our local newspaper ran a 6-week special on Michael. They have not even done that for Rihanna, our local girl!!!

It was a truly wonderful and magical time. People were in awe that of the talents of this man. In awe.

Back