Why Did AEG/Randy Phillips???

sorry but for what they're saying he used and how much, there's no way he'd be able to be clean enough to pass shit and they know it. no way he'd be able to sleep or otherwise so how coul dhe pass a rigorus physical under those conditions and WHY would they let him go back to the medicines IF he was able to?

they got a dr. paid by them on the damn books in the man's house for a few months who's acused of givnign him an anesth. to sleep...a drug that takes ten minutes to leave ur system, a dr. woh gave cpr on a bed and claimed to not know the address of the home he'd been staying at for months.....and who decides to call downstairs, not the emts, after a half hr....

aeg is in all of this and they know it

But, I will ask again . . . What is it that you think that AEG is in? Wanting to kill MJ? Wanting to make him sick? Wanting to make him do concerts that he didn't want to do? Making him rehearse too much? Making him involved in the project too much? Giving into any demands that he may have made? Not refusing to hire the doctor if it really was his request?

This is a huge tragedy that does not have enough facts yet to know exactly who was ultimately "in all of this." If Michael was given anything that resulted in his death that he should not have been given, then there will be your culprit. If someone set it up, then of course, there will be more culprits. But, proof would have to be offered for such.

What is again obvious is that statements have been made all over the place. Again, the doctor and his honesty is probably the key to all of this from beginning to end. Statements are confusing as to when the doctor was actually hired and who was paying him and for how long. Again, looking back there have been reporting that is confusing on this; could be based on what was actually told or it could be based on shoddy reporting.
I do know that there have been a couple of articles that referenced the doctor actually being at some of the rehearsals.

Either way, if things went as wrong as some people think, then a lot of people messed up that extends way beyond this company or any mistakes or overlooked things that they could have done at this point known.

Maybe we do need to talk about who has blood on their hands.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure why AEG would have MJ killed to collect an insurance check that will only cover a portion of what they spent trying to get these shows underway.

Does anyone see the flip-side of the coin here? The catch-22 situation of MJ being a very commanding and influential celeb? If MJ demanded they hire this doctor, if MJ had to have things his way, and AEG didn't suspect anything, then what could they have really done? They didn't conduct the physical, the insurers would do that.. they choose the physicians. An insurance company would have NOTHING to gain by this. An insurance company makes money by collecting a fee for someone to be insured with the hopes that nothing happens to said person. So they would have done their best to make sure MJ was healthy.

AEG would have made far more money with these shows going on without a hitch, releasing merchandise, recording concert footage, releasing a live DVD, releasing a live CD, having MJ do TV shows, having him extend his tour to other countries....

MJ passing away and them collecting a dab of money on people opting for a lenticular ticket, selling some T-Shirts and collecting an insurance check is probably not even enough for them to turn a profit at this point.

I just don't understand the logic here.

Don't AEG get 17.5 million for an overdose and nothing when he died natuarly ??

FUCK AEG

First they killed our Michael and now they make a fortune out of tickets and merchandise........

If they had any feeling in their ass they would return our money Inc. the ticket !!

Gotta love how AEG threw their faith behind MJ, fronted tons of money in good faith and doted on MJ, and now fans are throwing them under the bus.

Oh Gosh.. no one is saying AEG killed Michael Jackson. What many of us are saying is that some issues simply don't add up.

Randy Phillips stresses that Michael Jackson was 100% healthy ... ready to do the shows. Nothing was wrong with him and he was rip rearin' to go. Kenny Ortega said the same thing. I get that. Heck Randy said that Michael was about to undergo another medical exam.... So why is he dead? Why did he need a cardiologist? Why didn't Randy Phillips vet the cardiologist? Hell he was vetting everyone else and cutting Michael off from people ... why didn't Phillips vet the doctor? IF THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MJ's HEART to the point that MJ wanted a cardiologist hired, then the shows should have been canceled. The insurance company would have immediately pulled out. I've worked in the music industry since I was 19/20 years old and I know for a fact that insurers wouldn't have insured a heart patient for concerts - no way, no how. Did AEG alert the insurance company that MJ wanted a cardiologist on staff? OF COURSE NOT or the shows would have been done for.

I simply think AEG was sloppy. They wanted these shows above all else and might have overlooked the obvious - that there was something potentially wrong with Michael. I think AEG was careless and was/is all about their money - to hell with Michael Jackson.

Oh Gosh.. no one is saying AEG killed Michael Jackson. What many of us are saying is that some issues simply don't add up.

Randy Phillips stresses that Michael Jackson was 100% healthy ... ready to do the shows. Nothing was wrong with him and he was rip rearin' to go. Kenny Ortega said the same thing. I get that. Heck Randy said that Michael was about to undergo another medical exam.... So why is he dead? Why did he need a cardiologist? Why didn't Randy Phillips vet the cardiologist? Hell he was vetting everyone else and cutting Michael off from people ... why didn't Phillips vet the doctor? IF THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MJ's HEART to the point that MJ wanted a cardiologist hired, then the shows should have been canceled. The insurance company would have immediately pulled out. I've worked in the music industry since I was 19/20 years old and I know for a fact that insurers wouldn't have insured a heart patient for concerts - no way, no how. Did AEG alert the insurance company that MJ wanted a cardiologist on staff? OF COURSE NOT or the shows would have been done for.

I simply think AEG was sloppy. They wanted these shows above all else and might have overlooked the obvious - that there was something potentially wrong with Michael. I think AEG was careless and was/is all about their money - to hell with Michael Jackson.

And then with that line of thinking where does that leave Michael, a father of three children, who knew that he needed a cardiologist and didn't vet him and worked tirelessly knowing that he was not well?

Were people probably overlooking things or being blinded to things? Probably, but to act like that makes them evil now, which is how some people are coming across with full force, is wrong. Perhaps too many people wanted this more than any of them should have. But, there are a lot of people in the mix of that one.

Don't AEG get 17.5 million for an overdose and nothing when he died natuarly ??

FUCK AEG

First they killed our Michael and now they make a fortune out of tickets and merchandise........

If they had any feeling in their ass they would return our money Inc. the ticket !!

I hope that you have something to stand behind such a statement at this time.

But, really, if people had only been so gung ho about finding answers before Michael's death. I'm just getting tired of the throwing of a thousand things out there surrounding Michael once again. Perhaps just like people think AEG and others should let things settle and come to light before "pouncing" to say or do this and that, we should take the same advice.

I hope that you have something to stand behind such a statement at this time.

But, really, if people had only been so gung ho about finding answers before Michael's death. I'm just getting tired of the throwing of a thousand things out there surrounding Michael once again. Perhaps just like people think AEG and others should let things settle and come to light before "pouncing" to say or do this and that, we should take the same advice.

As it was during the trial, some fans just want to KNOW and will continue to search the available information at any, given time. If this makes anyone uncomfortable, that's understandable, but then they should not hinder others who have a need to understand this sudden and shocking death. We really should not argue amonst ourselves, but show respect for those who DO want to inquire, and for those who don't. For those who don't, I suggest that visiting "conspiracy threads" might not be the best for peace-of-mind?

We may NEVER get an accurate autopsy report. We may never know what the LAPD are invesigating or working on. That does not stop some from trying to understand, given the information out there at any, given, moment.

I am, among other things, a researcher. There are things about this that simply don't add up, and others that form a sort of pattern. I'm looking at the pattern, and thinking/researching, and am open to new ideas and facts.

Michael is gone. For the sake of his children, the truth needs to be known. Fans on THIS board found more facts than all media put together during the trial. I don't feel that this is much different. . . . . . . . there remain too many unanswered questions, and I, for one, have always had a little problem (a big problem?") with "authority." I will continue to try to search out the facts.

As it was during the trial, some fans just want to KNOW and will continue to search the available information at any, given time. If this makes anyone uncomfortable, that's understandable, but then they should not hinder others who have a need to understand this sudden and shocking death. We really should not argue amonst ourselves, but show respect for those who DO want to inquire, and for those who don't. For those who don't, I suggest that visiting "conspiracy threads" might not be the best for peace-of-mind?

We may NEVER get an accurate autopsy report. We may never know what the LAPD are invesigating or working on. That does not stop some from trying to understand, given the information out there at any, given, moment.

I am, among other things, a researcher. There are things about this that simply don't add up, and others that form a sort of pattern. I'm looking at the pattern, and thinking/researching, and am open to new ideas and facts.

Michael is gone. For the sake of his children, the truth needs to be known. Fans on THIS board found more facts than all media put together during the trial. I don't feel that this is much different. . . . . . . . there remain too many unanswered questions, and I, for one, have always had a little problem (a big problem?") with "authority." I will continue to try to search out the facts.

No one is saying that the truth shouldn't come out. But, let the truth come out before statements are allowed that point blank blames someone for killing MJ. That is no different from the media that everyone keeps putting down.

Everyone knows that something does not add up. No one is saying that what is out there can't be discussed and answers searched for. I can list a ton of questions and conflicting info. from many people that have been put on record or been reported. And I can put a list of possible scenarios together right now that would keep the LAPD and whomever else busy for more time than you can imagine. But, that is not the same as waging a campaign against a specific person or group without the facts and whole truth. But, that does not mean irresponsible statements can be made or left standing without facts to back them up. Some are going above that at this point, however. And that is where the problem is--not in people's concern about the truth or wanting to discuss what information is out there.

haha my point is simply this....if he was so sick, y so many shows? they said he could make a billion a yr if he actually worked....so that's what they were doing. exploiting the fans, exploiting mj, and planning to saturate the market w/ him.

now they can do just that and it's gonna work b/c y? he's gone and it's worth more than ever now. everyone is a fan now. everyone has thriller, they all love mj.

tell me y the shirts on aeg/mj live are 30 40 bucks but on a us site, it's only 15? and they stipulate that themonies r going to his family.

haha my point is simply this....if he was so sick, y so many shows? they said he could make a billion a yr if he actually worked....so that's what they were doing. exploiting the fans, exploiting mj, and planning to saturate the market w/ him.

now they can do just that and it's gonna work b/c y? he's gone and it's worth more than ever now. everyone is a fan now. everyone has thriller, they all love mj.

tell me y the shirts on aeg/mj live are 30 40 bucks but on a us site, it's only 15? and they stipulate that themonies r going to his family.

Can you post the links to the websites selling the shirts please?

I really hope you are right, qbee. I have my concerns about Randy Phillips and I have my concerns about MJ's health as well as some of the things we're being fed by Kenny Ortega and AEG.

We'll know about MJ's true health status this Friday, as the toxicology reports will be read by the coroner and LAPD (This according to CNN). I just feel AEG is covering something up. Just a hunch.

but what i dont get is this.. WHY would AEG cover something up? AEG have now made huge LOSSES from MJs death. They can try and recoup some losses (through releasing footage etc) but they wont be getting the kind of profits they could have gotten had MJ been alive..

can you just answer me ... what would be in it for AEG to bring harm to michael????

to me its totally ridiculous.. and im embarassed to be a fan when people are shouting "murderer" at randy philips (as i gather they were at the memorial). it disgraces MJ fans. can people just take a step back and ask what would bein it for AEG.

plus... if MJ never wanted to do 50 shows.. he shouldnt have signed a contract that allowed them to extend the run. AEG is a business... their main priority is to make as much money from MJ as they can.. and thats totally fair enough.

MJs advisors, on the other hand, their main prioroty should have been MJ. THEY should have gone through the contract with him and pointed out the clause about 50 shows and said "is that ok? we can change this if thats too many".. seriously..

People paint MJ as a savvy businessman, but when something goes wrong say he was conned into doing 50 shows. A savvy businessman doesn't get conned into doing dozens of shows.

I believe he agreed to have his run extended. Everyone said he looked happy and excited to be doing the shows.

but what i dont get is this.. WHY would AEG cover something up? AEG have now made huge LOSSES from MJs death. They can try and recoup some losses (through releasing footage etc) but they wont be getting the kind of profits they could have gotten had MJ been alive..

can you just answer me ... what would be in it for AEG to bring harm to michael????

to me its totally ridiculous.. and im embarassed to be a fan when people are shouting "murderer" at randy philips (as i gather they were at the memorial). it disgraces MJ fans. can people just take a step back and ask what would bein it for AEG.

Please read the whole thread as I explained my concern. I never said AEG killed Michael. I do feel that MJ was ill and or something was wrong and AEG didn't CARE enough to cancel the shows.

I didn't say anything about it but when I first saw those price I was like what in the world. Good to know it wasn't just me being cheap. AEG is gonna milk the mess outta this ordeal. I wonder how much the memorial booklet will be...?

People paint MJ as a savvy businessman, but when something goes wrong say he was conned into doing 50 shows. A savvy businessman doesn't get conned into doing dozens of shows.

I believe he agreed to have his run extended. Everyone said he looked happy and excited to be doing the shows.
true. but Im NOT gonna believe that its POSSILBE that aeg booked without michael's consent and michael just went head with it because the tickets were already sold. I really don't see michael saying NO cancel shows 30 through 50, cuz I didn't agree to them. It's possible. Someone said tohme may have okayed the show (rumors) and not mike. But this still doesn't mean that michael wasn't excited about doing the shows. I will never believe he wasn't happy about TII, whether or not he okayed y and z shows I don't know.

When I saw Stevie Wonder and John Legend in Milwaukee t-shirt prices were $35 dollars. When I saw Stevie in Chicago, t-shirt prices were $45.

$35 isn't all that outrageous to me, but then again I don't know what the running rate is for concert t-shirts.

pushed him into it? more like force...but anyway

super....hottopic.com

and sorry but if they can sell it for $15 y can't aeg?

Not only would Michael would do 50 shows in O2 but also a world tour planned afterwards that would last in two years by visiting New York, Paris, Mumbai and even China. But it is so ironic that Michael would still survive and live on during and after the allegations and trial for 4-6 years that truly devastated him and yet Michael would die while preparing for his This Is It tour where on stage he feeled truly alive, energetic and comfortable as we have seen him previously on performances and world tour. So ironic and so devastating :(

I don't know about the shirts, but its not that uncommon. You can find numerous products from clothes, to electronics, to everything in between on official websites for hundreds of dollars, then go on Amazon.com and the same product is tens or hundreds of dollars less. Why does something at the grocery store cost $5 and the same item at Wal-Mart cost $3.49? I don't know.

For instance, here's something I've been looking at:

It's $249 on the manufacturers website:
http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware2.asp?product=hd_pvr

But less than $2+6 on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-121...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247878981&sr=8-1

Please read the whole thread as I explained my concern. I never said AEG killed Michael. I do feel that MJ was ill and or something was wrong and AEG didn't CARE enough to cancel the shows.

What about Michael canceling the shows?

What about if Michael was approached about such and he didn't want to cancel shows?

What about if the original postponement was indeed testing what would happen if shows were pushed back? If they used fan boards as a measure, perhaps people should review the thread where the postponements of some shows were announced; I didn't see a lot of understanding or maybe he needs the time in case he is ill or something else is wrong. AEG and Michael could have looked at the reaction and decided against such moves anymore?

I doubt that MJ was approached with cancelling anything. I just think that for some reason, perhaps sometime after he passed the physicals for the insurance, MJ physically started to deteriorate. Perhaps people saw but didn't want to believe what was happening. Maybe some were hoping that it would all work out. But I'm sure all knew of the immense money on the line. That man had to be under a lot of pressure to deliver.

What about Michael was ill and AEG, through their Doctor(???) noticed he would never be able to do the 50 shows?
What about they noticed that he wouldn't even be able to do 10 shows?
What about the insurance this way plus booking the O2 in London with other acts now is bringing them instantly more money?

They couldn't have done that if Michael would have been only ill...

and noooooo I'm still not saying anyone murdered Michael or was involved in wrong doing... but some ppl have to open up each page of their book if they want to come out clean of this, that's all I'm saying.

I doubt that MJ was approached with cancelling anything. I just think that for some reason, perhaps sometime after he passed the physicals for the insurance, MJ physically started to deteriorate. Perhaps people saw but didn't want to believe what was happening. Maybe some were hoping that it would all work out. But I'm sure all knew of the immense money on the line. That man had to be under a lot of pressure to deliver.

He probably wasn't but I guess I'm also thinking in terms of his canceling if health was indeed a known concern for him; on the otherhand, we have all ignored our bodies at one time or another. But, for Michael and some others, I think that this went beyond money being on the line; there was a drive that was beyond money. Even if he felt he was doing a lot, the solution or option in his mind may not have been to slow down but to find another way to get rest or to compensate for the lack of it. We just don't know at this point.

And yes, Michael was probably under pressure that we can't imagine and could be more than what he himself realized, especially if he was truly feeling back at home so to speak with the concert preparations and creativity. If all the insomnia information is true, it could be a trade off that Michael knew was coming in order for him to do this. And if Michael was even doing half of what we heard, he would have to have been exhausted because on top of that he was parenting 3 children who I'm sure did not become wallflowers simply because their daddy was getting ready for a concert. But, we have also heard about all the other things he was involved with also, such as recording, etc. It's like there was so much going on at once and he couldn't let any of it go. I remember reading, I think it was the vocal coach, saying that he never had seen Michael so involved with every detail to the degree he was this time.

So, while a lot of finger-pointing may be now going on with AEG, I'm not so sure if most of the pressure on Michael wasn't coming from Michael himself. It is almost as if he had to have every inch of this perfect and with his stamp on it. Think about it; all AEG wanted was for him to show up for rehearsals and the concerts. It seems that he submerged himself in this way more than anyone expected. And who from AEG or any of the others involved were going to tell him that he couldn't control this production. We can't know what was going on in Michael's mind now; but we can't toss out the possibility that he was just in overdrive himself and you can't just pull the plug when someone is like that no matter if you are concerned or not.

I keep wondering why Michael went for a series of concerts (take out how many) for an initial return to the stage instead of a more step by step return. I keep thinking about how we would hear about Whitney doing a singing appearance hear or there. I wonder why there wasn't the start perhaps with an awards show performance, for example, and then building back to performance level that way. Perhaps it was just a matter of personal choice.

What about Michael was ill and AEG, through their Doctor(???) noticed he would never be able to do the 50 shows?
What about they noticed that he wouldn't even be able to do 10 shows?
What about the insurance this way plus booking the O2 in London with other acts now is bringing them instantly more money?

They couldn't have done that if Michael would have been only ill...

and noooooo I'm still not saying anyone murdered Michael or was involved in wrong doing... but some ppl have to open up each page of their book if they want to come out clean of this, that's all I'm saying.

Or if Michael didn't fulfill his obligation, they could have just sued for the money and probably more by stating damages beyond just the initial output and still have rebooked his dates with other acts. So, yes, there would have been another way to handle this. But, I would hope that Michael would have had some provision in the contract for illness.

Or if Michael didn't fulfill his obligation, they could have just sued for the money and probably more by stating damages beyond just the initial output and still have rebooked his dates with other acts. So, yes, there would have been another way to handle this. But, I would hope that Michael would have had some provision in the contract for illness.
in case they knew Michaels money situation? maybe they knew it better than R.F. getting him into their contract? they would have maybe waited for a long time cuz if Michael was ill... nobody could have forced him on stage and it wouldn't have been his wrong doing. maybe a bad insurance deal???
And no considering customer rights they couldn't have booked the O2 that easy to other acts... they would have always to be sure that Michael couldn't perform... all that much more complicate and that's why waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive for them then now cuz money is rolling constantly in their pockets.

in case they knew Michaels money situation? maybe they knew it better than R.F. getting him into their contract? they would have maybe waited for a long time cuz if Michael was ill... nobody could have forced him on stage and it wouldn't have been his wrong doing. maybe a bad insurance deal???
And no considering customer rights they couldn't have booked the O2 that easy to other acts... they would have always to be sure that Michael couldn't perform... all that much more complicate and that's why waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive for them then now cuz money is rolling constantly in their pockets.

We would have to see a contract to know how complicated anything was. And if Michael obviously wasn't going to be able to perform at the O2 for he month of September, for example, I doubt there would be a reason the O2 couldn't have been re-booked with advanced knowledge. You were dealing with a very energetic dancer who would be all over the place. I doubt that no one considered the possibility of insuries, loss of voice due to vocal overuse or strain or illness, etc. and how such would be handled.

Back