Why Did AEG/Randy Phillips???

I wanna do what this section is titled I wanna speculate cause I'm not happy with a few very suss sounding things...

The question is, why? Why did Randy Phillips block Michael from people?

Maybe to keep the recluse a recluse? Stop him from getting second opinions or impressions from others who may have had a different opinion on AEG or Randy Phillips.

I gotta admit I too find it somewhat suss that this guy has been going on about how he had to protect Mike from others...

and as for the statement about not making any $$$ until a third of the way into the 50 shows.... well that to me sounds like they promised him the ends of the earth no matter how expensive (ie stage set up etc) and then probably didn't count on just how much $$$ MJ could burn on creating a state of the art show... which could explain how he went from being happy in 10 exciting shows to miserable and stressed over 50 shows.... they extended it to make back what they would lose.
It's altogether possible that they didn't want MJ near any voices of reason in regards to their contractual fine print so that they could sucker punch him into extending to 50 whether he liked it or not... (and let's not forget their future plans for touring overseas).

I want to know something... is it common to see additional shows added before even one show has been performed?
I thought additional shows were usually added afterwards as momentum gathered? (Like what's happening in Melbourne at the moment with P!nk adding shows after she did her set dates).

The question of why AEG would just put this Dr. on the payroll paying anywhere from $100k to $300k/mo as been reported has bothered me from the jump. Once it was out that AEG had this guy on the payroll, they were quick to point out that it was at MJ's insistance.

Yet MJ needed Phillips and Company to 'protect' him from other people. I mean will the real MJ stand up here? Phillips said that he couldn't say no to Michael about the Doctor because he said that MJ said that 'that it's this body that runs this business'.

At the time, I thought, what a strange thing for MJ to say.

I dunno, but even at MJ's insistance, I would have checked the Dr. out. He's not checking out well and why did the man need to stay at MJ's house?

All I'm seeing right now is an enormous amount of ambiguity from AEG... and anything that comes too close to AEG being linked to anything serious... gets lumped back onto Michael.... (such as the wanting of the doctor)... which makes me question something else...

If AEG are only interested in "protecting their asset" as some are saying.. and if they are strictly a business with the goal of making $$$ from MJ doing 50 shows... then I wanna know something.... what business... is willing to hand over a big salary to a doctor without checking the doctor's full credentials?
Now I dunno about any of you guys... but if I'm going to pay a big chunk of money to one person... I'm gonna make sure I get as much for my money as I can...

I'm still trying to find out why a random cardiologist needed to be hired (doesn't matter who did the inital hiring)...
What was a cardiologist going to be able to provide Mike during a tour?

Last edited:
MJ fired Rowe in May
Period.

Who would you believe?
Rowe who came in Jan and left in May or Frank Dileo who has been MJ for a really long time before...and was keeping in touch when he was busy with something else

Who would you believe? Rowe or Branca who was actually holding on to MJ's will..guess what, cos MJ trusted him...

I don't now.. nor have I ever liked or trusted Frank Dileo. I also don't think how long someone has been with another is a fair indicator of a person's worth... if you get in early enough you can make yourself look like a star manager and make others out to be shady and in want of the money.

As for trusting Rowe... I haven't taken in anything he has said about others. The trick is not to listen to what they say about others... but instead listen to what they have to say about themselves... espcially when people are playing the blame game.

Leonard Rowe said on Good Morning America today that Michael did NOT wish to hire Branca & DiLeo, and that AEG hired them. Rowe also said he was fired in May but never received a termination letter and was never fired from Michael Jackson. Rowe said they (him and the Jackson family) were trying to to help Michael but couldn't because the people at AEG were controlling him.

I have no idea about Roger Friedman and if this is reliable or not. I hate the fact that this guys stories have turned out to be "true" some times.. and I HATE the fact that Im quoting him. But according to him... Leonard Rowe and papa Joe wanted to be a part of the London shows but Michael turned them down several times... and according to Friedman, Michael did hire Branca, Dileo and Joel Katz.

Here is supposedly the letter Michael wrote to Leonard Rowe in May, telling him to take a hike. It reads: “this is to inform you that you do not represent me.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/photos/stylus/97962-roweletter.jpg

Last edited:
Let's stop acting as if every business arrangement Michael entered into had to be with ever-loving fans. Of course it was all about business and money. That is what AEG does and how it makes money. It was business for Michael also. Again, he wasn't doing this for free. And again, I will wait to hear proof that Michael was so out of it from beginning to end when it came to dealing with AEG. Michael knew what went into organizing a concert. It is not like this was his first ever. Michael also knows how to say no when it comes to business. Michael was not afraid to tell Thome Thome to fix what he had messed up with the auction so I don't see how he suddenly would have went all frail with AEG.

I'm talking about the possibility that they knowingly forced into doing more shows than what he originally planned, that's what I mean when I say they might've used him I know "business is business" I'm not an idiot

I agree that Dr Murray and other doctors are the people we should be focussing on, not AEG or Randy Phillips, or Kenny Ortega, or Frank Dileo. Essentially, if this drug dependency thing is proven to be true, then people involved in prescribing unnecessary medications should be held accountable. I'm still wondering why this "cardiologist" did not know how to perform basic CPR. As a cardiologist, did he not have a defibrillator? As a cardiologist, did he not know to do chest compressions on a hard surface? Those are the things that seem suspicious to me. It was almost as if he was doing everything wrong deliberately to ensure that there would be no way the ambulance officers could have saved Michael when they arrived more than 30 minutes later! It's just unbelievable. Chest compressions with one hand and the other around a patient's back! What medical school did he learn that method from?
Exactly!!!! I think the same thing!!! That Dr should pay for what he did to Michael. :cry: :cry: I miss him!!!!!

If Randy philips said they will only have profit only if MJ perform three quater of the shows, then I understand why they pushed MJ to perform 50shows!!coz there will be loss if he's only doing 10shows!

I have no idea about Roger Friedman and if this is reliable or not. I hate the fact that this guys stories have turned out to be "true" some times.. and I HATE the fact that Im quoting him. But according to him... Leonard Rowe and papa Joe wanted to be a part of the London shows but Michael turned them down several times... and according to Friedman, Michael did hire Branca, Dileo and Joel Katz.

Here is supposedly the letter Michael wrote to Leonard Rowe in May, telling him to take a hike. It reads: “this is to inform you that you do not represent me.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/photos/stylus/97962-roweletter.jpg

I know about the letter. Dr. Tohme was supposedly sent one as well but never received it. Yet RF received the letter(s). From what I am hearing, Frank gave these letters to Roger Friedman, which raises issues for me too. Why would Frank or anyone in Michael's camp deal with RF?

Hey, Rowe could be a lying, two faced so and so.. but something is making me think twice about his statements.

It seems like everyone was cut off from Michael sometime in May of 2009 - Tohme, Rowe, and his family. AEG allegedly hired Frank as Michael's manager and brought Branca back in sometime in June. It was also in May & June that a flurry of articles came out from LA Times, UK Times and a statement from AEG saying Michael was in tip top shape and would be doing all 50 shows. Also Kenny Ortega and Randy Phillp's INSISTENCE that Michael was fit and ready to perform.

I have always had a problem (guess it's my PR background) when a person is constantly trying to shove an idea or claim down an audience (or consumers) throat. It's like a used car salesman trying to sell a clunker of a car as brand new. They'll tell you ANYTHING to get you to buy the car. AEG did not have to release a statement that Michael was doing a-o-k. The statements and the interviews about Michael's health looked false considering Michael was coming out of a doctors office every single day. It just didn't add up. If Michael was ok, it would have only taken one statement from Frank DiLeo or whomever Michael's PR was at the time to say "I'm ok, I'm practicing and I'm visiting my dermatologist to clear up a rash..." Done, end of story.

If you just look over the last few months things just doesn't add up.

My concerns regarding AEG:

Michael supposedly passed a 4 hour physical. Assuming if Michael was addicted to drugs or sickly, he wouldn't have passed it. If the toxicology reports one or the other, then AEG has covered up Michael's true health status, thus perpetrating a major fraud. It implies that they were in it solely for the money, disregarding Michael's health.

I question why AEG hired Conrad Murphy without checking his credentials. If Conrad wasn't licensed to practice in California, then surely he wasn't licensed to practice in Europe. The man couldn't even fill a prescription. Why no background check? Why didn't they question Michael? What did he need a doctor for? Why Murphy? What did AEG know? It just doesn't add up. For a man who passed a 4 hour physical, Michael was "insistent" on having a specific doctor, a cardiologist. You mean to tell me, AEG didn't question that? An insurance company would have had a fit over an artist, about to embark on a 50 date tour, with a hired cardiologist, which implies heart issue. Actually, the insurer would have dropped the whole thing.

That is why I am very suspicious of AEG. I'm not saying they killed Michael, but I feel like they are covering their asses.

That part is what I find completely confusing too.
How could he pass an extensive medical test "with flying colours"- and nobody noticing anything was wrong? I thought the insurance company hired their own doctors to perform the test?

And I am not shore wether it was Michael or AEG that hired Murray. Does anyone know?
And that too would be a signinficant difference.

That part is what I find completely confusing too.
How could he pass an extensive medical test "with flying colours"- and nobody noticing anything was wrong? I thought the insurance company hired their own doctors to perform the test?

And I am not shore wether it was Michael or AEG that hired Murray. Does anyone know?
And that too would be a signinficant difference.

AEG hired Murray. Randy said Michael was "insistent" and that he wanted that specific doctor. So AEG hired him without checking his credentials.

AEG, imo have proved themselves to be exactly the kind of opportunists they claimed to be trying to protect Michael against. We've seen enough of them come and go in Michaels life, they are no different.

Im ready for the tox reports also. It will enable more dots to be joined, and will no doubt cast more light on whether or not we can take AEG at their word over this so called medical they had Michael go through.

I dont trust these people, nor anyone who was around Michael the last few months for that matter.

AEG clearly was in it to win it. But what IT was. Is the question? was it just about making money off the shows or is it something deeper then that. Clearly michael had to do a lot of shows (more then 20) for them to start making money. Now that right there I don't get. Why wouldn't 10 shows be enough for them and michael to make a nice bit of change? I have never trusted AEG and thought 50 shows was WAYYYY to many and in ONE CITY?? I really hope they didn't add shows without michael's consent and then michael feeling as if oh my fans want to see me and since they were added already, well I hate to say no, and they get cancelled. I don't know

Now another thing I don't get is, trish your saying that michael was coming out of the docs office alot. I thought it was a dermatology office so that's why I understood him being there a lot. Idk what office it was so...anyway...continuing on in my point..

Here the thing trish. I do believe michael passed that test and that he was physically able to do the shows (even the 50). I felt like there was so many ppl trying to down michael about the shows soons as they were announced and even before so. My thing is why would the insurance company lie about the 5 hrs physical test. They even sent out their OWN DOCTOR to do it. It just don't make since for them to lie for AEG and then when michael can't pull off the shows, in return now they got to pay out their own money to AEG. That's like if I went to get house insurance on my ragged behind house and state farm send out their own guy to check out my ragged house and the guy SEES that its a ragged house and STILL gives me house insurance and PRAY it holds up during hurricane season, and if it don't, now they have to pay me. When they could have just not giving me house insurance in the FIRST place. It will never make sense on the insurance companys part. Unless AEG paid them off...in the grander scheme of things. That's how conspiracies work so you can't rule that out. But to my understanding AEG didn't even have the last 20 shows insured and were still trying to get the insurance. So I'm HIGHLY doubting the first insurance company would screw themselves over if michael didn't pass the test. Unless they got paid off so they could care less. And AEG didn't seek insurance for he last 20 shows because they knew there wouldn't even be 1 show. Idk
it so much crap that you can speculate about. Its just sickening

I wish michael could have survived this and then we would know what happened (and IFFF michael really had a prescrip pill problem he woulda realized he needed help). That's why it all goes back to the doctor because clearly he didn't want michael to survive this. If someone other then murry would have found michael FIRST, and in the same time he did, im 90% sure michael woulda survived this arrest.

You don't know who to trust at all so I trust NO ONE. The ones crying out I was protecting him or the ones crying out we were block and cut off from michaels camp. We all know that 99.9% of the ppl in michaels life didn't have his best interest at heart, include some family members.

I'm talking about the possibility that they knowingly forced into doing more shows than what he originally planned, that's what I mean when I say they might've used him I know "business is business" I'm not an idiot

I didn't say anything about you being an idiot.

The problem is that we don't have any proof that Michael was forced into anything concerning these concerts. And again, at this point the number of shows is mute. It would be one thing if Michael had done 10 shows and was struggling to get through the rest. But, Michael did not make it to the first show. If there was any problem it had to do with even preparing for show number one so shows 2 through 50 would be of mute concern.

If there is ever clear proof that he was forced into anything with the concerts, then I will have a problem with that. But, at this point, we do know that he was working so hard to make these concerts those of a lifetime. I'm not ready to take anything away from these concerts that he was creating without the proof because too many in the media and from other places have been doing the best to strip this triumph or tarnish it for him. Only if it is clearly proved that such is necessary, otherwise these concerts were his to be proud of and show his mastery.

hmmmmmm so u pass a drug test but i'll ensure a policy on u ONLY if u overdose and then stand to make almost $20M from it. not if u get in an accident or something falls on u on stage, only if u od.

hmmmmmm

^ What the hell is that?

Pics of MJ from when he had a spider-bite, I believe.

I don't see anything wrong with those articles.

Especially the second paragraph: they were just echoing the sentiments of many fans. To say that I fully expected all of these shows to go on without a hitch would be lying. I never doubted his physical ability, nor did I think he was in ill-health, but I just didn't see 50 shows going off without a hitch. When the first show was pushed back 5 days, I took it as a bad sign of things to come.

I never believed he had cancer, was dying, was in grave health, was not capable of doing 50 shows, etc. but I also had a bad feeling I and many others would not be witnessing these shows.

What truly sucks is that he COULD have done them. I wanted him to shut the haters up and just do his thing on stage. Him dying is more chance than anything, I believe, but nonetheless, it happened, and now many of the haters have been proven right. I think this was a valid fear all along and these articles, which are actually pro-MJ, are indicative of the fears fans had.

*Obviously, AEG was in it to make money. I mean... duh, that's a no brainer. All this talk of MJ being worth more dead than alive is rubbish though. The guy was his own economy. Think of how much money people on these boards alone spent... airfare, hotel, train tickets, money for the tickets... the guy right now is only worth what people spend on his back catalog or his merchandise. Alive.. there was so much that could have been done, and that is what AEG was banking on. It was a win/win situation for everyone involved: AEG, MJ and the fans.

This talk of MJ not wanting to do 50 shows is rubbish. AEG didn't force his hand at anything. When he was alive and Baine was suing him, everyone said "MJ was in control, AEG has tried to get him to do shows for years, MJ was holding them off, he's in control, he got himself the deal." Now that he's gone, suddenly they forced him to do shows, he was being forced, being led, etc.

It's all a bit ridiculous to me.

Certainly. However, if it was drug use of any sort, it is a sad proof of the dire consequences it can have. Of course, that's just going off the theory that it was drugs.

hmmmmmm so u pass a drug test but i'll ensure a policy on u ONLY if u overdose and then stand to make almost $20M from it. not if u get in an accident or something falls on u on stage, only if u od.

hmmmmmm

was that actually part of the agreement? that they would get a policy payout for an OD?

I still find it hard to accept that an insurance group agreed to cover 50 concerts for a 50 year old with known health issues...

he musta passed them health checks with flying colours.... either that or someone has been fraudulent..

What would have been involved in the 4 hour health check? was it just a heart rate, blood work, urine etc etc check? or was there actual fitness testing like one would do for an athlete about to try out for a season? (ie: VO2 max test or subliminal max test etc).... if he had to pass any fitness testing and was a long term abuser of the drugs they're linking him to... he wouldn't have faired very well on the tests at all.

perhaps it wasn't Michael Jackson who took the medical, perhaps one of the look-a-likes was hired to do the test..........

perhaps AEG controlled the doc who was controlling Mikes medications - if you or I had severe pains and we had one of the best docs around - wouldnt we take the medication he gave, maybe they were doping him up to control him

....and Mike was a very deep person, wouldn't within him home there be something in writing, a diary or within some lyrical prose????

Why did the doc disappear and what did he disappear with

the main point is if Michael Jackson wasnt doing the gigs then he would be still alive, we all know that and to some extent by purchasing the tickets some might say we were party to it. Perhaps we are all also having to deal with our part in this.......... :( BUT if we hadnt bought the tickets and the gigs hadnt sold how would he have felt then.

Unfortunately it was a no win situation - as Charles Dickens wrote;

Annual income twenty pounds,annual expenditure nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.

If the insurance company covers overdoses, then basically they would have had to do a drug test on Michael and the results would have had to come back clean for him to be insured. He wouldn't have been covered if he was dependent on drugs, because the insurance company would know that they would have to pay out big time if he OD'd. Michael would have HAD to be clean for him to pass those tests. It's not making sense at all. One day Michael's a healthy, happy man, and the next, he's dead. Nothing is adding up.

Last edited:
The reality could end up being that Michael just simply died from cardiac arrest, which even a decent doctor wouldn't have been able to do much with.

I just don't like the fact that there are sooo many suss things around Michael. Too many things don't add up or make sense in regards to the way certain people and companies were conducting themselves and I think the truth for a change would be at least something to take away from all of this.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P_o_6PPzSRY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P_o_6PPzSRY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

omg u guys.so sorry i posted that link. i thought it was the link to tmz

here'swhat i meant to post

Lloyd's of London -- Overdose Clause?
Posted Jul 3rd 2009 2:41PM by TMZ Staff
0625_michael_jackson_ex.jpg
A spokesperson for Lloyd's of London tells us she's never heard of a case where her company has insured someone for a drug overdose.

AEG, the company that was promoting Jackson's London concerts, claimed yesterday the policy it took out from Lloyd's did not cover death from natural causes but did cover overdoses.

Louise Shield -- the head of communications for Lloyd's of London -- tells us such a policy is "odd" and that she's never heard the company insuring for drug overdoses.

What's more -- Shield says the company typically requires a "medical assessment" .... a physical before the policy is written.

As we first reported, Jackson's body had dozens of injection sites in various places. So the question -- how could a policy be issued with clear evidence of a problem?

Shield would not comment on the policy, and found it strange AEG discussed it publicly. She's not saying if overdoses were covered or not.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/03/lloyds-of-london-overdose-clause/

eel the need to "protect" Michael from certain people. Who was he speaking of when he said this:
the likes of rowe.trying to get the hand in the cash bucket

was that actually part of the agreement? that they would get a policy payout for an OD?

I still find it hard to accept that an insurance group agreed to cover 50 concerts for a 50 year old with known health issues...

he musta passed them health checks with flying colours.... either that or someone has been fraudulent..

What would have been involved in the 4 hour health check? was it just a heart rate, blood work, urine etc etc check? or was there actual fitness testing like one would do for an athlete about to try out for a season? (ie: VO2 max test or subliminal max test etc).... if he had to pass any fitness testing and was a long term abuser of the drugs they're linking him to... he wouldn't have faired very well on the tests at all.

He COULD have been otherwise healthy and drug-free. A drug test for a physical is usually checking for things like illegal drugs (marijuana, cocaine, anabolic steroids, etc.) and more commonly used prescription drugs (pain killers, etc.)

I don't know if you watch wrestling, but many of these wrestlers who drop dead between the ages of 30 - 50 years old die because they have abused steroids over the years and while otherwise perfectly healthy, the steroids have weakened their hearts and one day, bam, they're dead.

In MJ's case, IF he was using these IV drugs to help him sleep, the effects would be even less on his body because from what I've read, they don't weaken the heart or cause long-term damage.. the biggest threat would be the dosage and administration. These are hardcore drugs where the dosage is calculated by weight, metabolism, etc. and a tiny miscalculation can be disastrous.

Do you guys remember the Vote for the songs you wanna hear on michaeljacksonlive.com? Well from reports I've heard MJ was rehearsing HTW and WATW, do you guys honestly think that these songs got the majority vote? Do you think they were ever really gonna give us the songs we wanted to hear?

sorry but for what they're saying he used and how much, there's no way he'd be able to be clean enough to pass shit and they know it. no way he'd be able to sleep or otherwise so how coul dhe pass a rigorus physical under those conditions and WHY would they let him go back to the medicines IF he was able to?

they got a dr. paid by them on the damn books in the man's house for a few months who's acused of givnign him an anesth. to sleep...a drug that takes ten minutes to leave ur system, a dr. woh gave cpr on a bed and claimed to not know the address of the home he'd been staying at for months.....and who decides to call downstairs, not the emts, after a half hr....

aeg is in all of this and they know it

Back