will.i.am on Ellen today

don't get me stared on language ....we all have our own dialects and some catch on and its all good as long as you know the diff between casual speech and correct grammar for formal conversation.

i

don't get me stared on language ....we all have our own dialects and some catch on and its all good as long as you know the diff between casual speech and correct grammar for formal conversation.

i

I know, I was just saying, it's not really a "trend" like they make it out to be in rap videos today, it's just a natural way of pronouncing certain words or having a certain inflection, like an accent I think, or a way of constructing sentences. Michael's always spoken with a certain amount of ebonics, lol, it's obvious he doesn't do it on purpose, it's just the way he speaks. I was just pointing that out.

I know, I was just saying, it's not really a "trend" like they make it out to be in rap videos today, it's just a natural way of pronouncing certain words or having a certain inflection, like an accent I think, or a way of constructing sentences. Michael's always spoken with a certain amount of ebonics, lol, it's obvious he doesn't do it on purpose, it's just the way he speaks. I was just pointing that out.

I know, I was just saying, it's not really a "trend" like they make it out to be in rap videos today, it's just a natural way of pronouncing certain words or having a certain inflection, like an accent I think, or a way of constructing sentences. Michael's always spoken with a certain amount of ebonics, lol, it's obvious he doesn't do it on purpose, it's just the way he speaks. I was just pointing that out.[/b]

Quincy says in his book that deep down, MJ is 'country' :lol: Perhaps that's what it is.

I know, I was just saying, it's not really a "trend" like they make it out to be in rap videos today, it's just a natural way of pronouncing certain words or having a certain inflection, like an accent I think, or a way of constructing sentences. Michael's always spoken with a certain amount of ebonics, lol, it's obvious he doesn't do it on purpose, it's just the way he speaks. I was just pointing that out.[/b]

Quincy says in his book that deep down, MJ is 'country' :lol: Perhaps that's what it is.

I can't seem to find a transcript of TYRA's show.
There was a short bit on her website, but it wasnt the MJ part. Sorry.

Not to turn this into an EBONICS thread
But I did find this.....

EBONICS
A "variation" of English entirely made up of slang and southern word shortenings.
It is generally spoken in the "hood" (neighborhood) and has almost no defined syntactical structure.
Also of note is the almost complete lack of conjugation of verbs ("I be", "she be", "thems be", etc)
and the mixing of pronouns.[/b]

Lol!

I can't seem to find a transcript of TYRA's show.
There was a short bit on her website, but it wasnt the MJ part. Sorry.

But I did find this.....

EBONICS
A "variation" of English entirely made up of slang and southern word shortenings.
It is generally spoken in the "hood" (neighborhood) and has almost no defined syntactical structure.
Also of note is the almost complete lack of conjugation of verbs ("I be", "she be", "thems be", etc)
and the mixing of pronouns.[/b]

Lol!

It's actually interesting, lol. Like when Michael says "I'm not gonna' take it no more." lol. He doesn't do that on purpose, it's just natural for him to speak that way. He's got a slight mid-western accent, because of where he's from. He pronounces L's with a W sound. Like he say's "child" as "chiewd", or "world" as "worwed", lol. He doesn't pronounce his "S's" either. Like he'll say "sometimes" as "sometime". I hate when they try to make ebonics into a type of trend, like it's "cool" to speak this way, when originally, it just happens naturally depending on where you're from or around what type of language you grew up with.

It's actually interesting, lol. Like when Michael says "I'm not gonna' take it no more." lol. He doesn't do that on purpose, it's just natural for him to speak that way. He's got a slight mid-western accent, because of where he's from. He pronounces L's with a W sound. Like he say's "child" as "chiewd", or "world" as "worwed", lol. He doesn't pronounce his "S's" either. Like he'll say "sometimes" as "sometime". I hate when they try to make ebonics into a type of trend, like it's "cool" to speak this way, when originally, it just happens naturally depending on where you're from or around what type of language you grew up with.

It's really not all that technical.
It's just the way peeps from "the hood" speak.[/b]
lol, you don't have to be from the hood to use ebonics. Michael sure isn't. :lol:

It's really not all that technical.
It's just the way peeps from "the hood" speak.[/b]
lol, you don't have to be from the hood to use ebonics. Michael sure isn't. :lol:

But I did find this.....[/b]

Thank you, Sil! :flowers: I'm always intrested to learn new things :yes:

Yeah but michael's is more like...not pronouncing D's at the end of words. I have a website on all of them lol. or pronouncing a's as e's.

Like "chillren all over the worlllll"

"eeenything" instead of "anything" lol[/b]

:lol:
That's so Michael! :wub: I like the way he pronounce eeeenything and, let's not forget eeeevrything ;)

Thanks J5master, I thought I was hearing things no other can hear :D

He is so cute when he talks like that :D

:blush:

But I did find this.....[/b]

Thank you, Sil! :flowers: I'm always intrested to learn new things :yes:

Yeah but michael's is more like...not pronouncing D's at the end of words. I have a website on all of them lol. or pronouncing a's as e's.

Like "chillren all over the worlllll"

"eeenything" instead of "anything" lol[/b]

:lol:
That's so Michael! :wub: I like the way he pronounce eeeenything and, let's not forget eeeevrything ;)

Thanks J5master, I thought I was hearing things no other can hear :D

He is so cute when he talks like that :D

:blush:

Back