Will.i.am spoke about Mike recently on Access Hollywood

Yep!

Katherine Jackson will give her approval, BUT the caveat will be that her "boys" need to be on any new recordings that feature Michael Jackson.

She could also SUGGEST that her "boys" open up for any Black-Eye Peas tour. LOL!

She wants her "boys" back on top by any means necessary, in my opinion.

:lol:

:fear:

If that was case I'd rather never hear them :p

OOPS! I forgot about "the nephews."

There "might" also be a bid made for them to be a part of any unreleased Michael Jackson tracks.

And if their efforts are REBUFFED, then Will.I.Am will become the enemy. With Twitter attacks to follow. LOL!

Yep!

Katherine Jackson will give her approval, BUT the caveat will be that her "boys" need to be on any new recordings that feature Michael Jackson.

She could also SUGGEST that her "boys" open up for any Black-Eye Peas tour. LOL!

She wants her "boys" back on top by any means necessary, in my opinion.
well she needs to get her mind set on something else then if that is really what she wants. cause grandma aint never gonna see this dream of her become reality in this lifetime or any other, as a matter of fact.

it never ceases to amaze me to see how people would take each and every opportunity they can to trash and ridicule an elderly woman who buried her son almost three years ago.

and am i the only one who fail to see how an will.i.am interview can turn into a "katherine-are-going-to-ask-will.i.am-to-include-her-boys-in-the-songs" discussion?

for goodness sake, katherine may not even know what these will.i.am songs are all about. it's will.i.am who mentioned michael's mother. not the other way around.

and am i the only one who fail to see how an will.i.am interview can turn into a "katherine-are-going-to-ask-will.i.am-to-include-her-boys-in-the-songs" discussion?

It was only an OPINION. Isn't this board basically about us sharing opinions? Good, Bad, and/or Indifferent, they are still nothing more than opinions.

I'm sure Mrs. Jackson was instrumental in having her "boys" take part in the background singing on the "This Is It" single.

I mean, let's be serious, it's NO secret that Mrs. Jackson would love for her "boys" to enjoy the fame they enjoyed in the 70's.

it never ceases to amaze me to see how people would take each and every opportunity they can to trash and ridicule an elderly woman who buried her son almost three years ago.

for goodness sake, katherine may not even know what these will.i.am songs are all about. it's will.i.am who mentioned michael's mother. not the other way around.

How exactly did Big Apple "ridicule" Katherine by saying that? What exactly is so harsh about that? :scratch:

William has had some type of relationship with Mrs J as he was going to perform in the cardiff tribute and it was her name on the invitation. Never officially confirmed, but bep were meant to have been offered £1.5m to do the show and then they pulled out at the last minute - no explanation was ever given, and i for one thought it was extremely bad form as at least some people must have bought tickets on the basis of bep performing. Seeing globallive was put in administration immediately afterwards, it seems reasonable to speculate that bep realised that they wd never have got paid and this was the reason for the sudden cancellation. Has always made me slightly sceptical of William's holier than thou attitude to making money out of mj, and now we see that just a phonecall from mrs j is all that's needed to release his mj collaborations.

Now that's a change of tune...........

Before => Never
Now => Only if MJ's mum asks me really nicely!!!!

Before > I'm the only one who will never disrespect my friend Michael by releasing music he never approved
Now > oh, after all, wth, everybody's doing it, so what cant I?

Right, and why his mom? Mom was not part of Michael's solo singing career, and Michael did not depend on mom to make his music decisions, so why mom. I could see if he said Michael's estate, but mom???? Please Wil.

PS Wiliam forgot he said before that Michael kept his music and William kept part of of collaboration, so what exactly is he going to release when mom calls?

Let's pretend I'm still respectful.

To me, he's offering a collaboration to KJ, and very likely, to the rest of the family.

It was only an OPINION. Isn't this board basically about us sharing opinions? Good, Bad, and/or Indifferent, they are still nothing more than opinions.

I'm sure Mrs. Jackson was instrumental in having her "boys" take part in the background singing on the "This Is It" single.

I mean, let's be serious, it's NO secret that Mrs. Jackson would love for her "boys" to enjoy the fame they enjoyed in the 70's.

You are SURE Mrs. Jackson was instrumental in having her "boys" singing background. What's your source? Care to share? Has anyone who's involved in the TII project ever mentioned that it's Katherine Jackson's idea to have the Jacksons singing background?

You know TII single is a demo, right? It's not like the producers replaced someone else work with the Jacksons' vocals. They need to "dress up" the demo to make it releasable.

And, is it any secret that a parent would like her children to enjoy success? Somehow, people here make it sound like it's wrong for Katherine Jackson to want her children to be successful.

How exactly did Big Apple "ridicule" Katherine by saying that? What exactly is so harsh about that? :scratch:

This thread is about will.i.am's interview. The interview is not even about Michael. But, as always, the interviewer can't help but ask a Michael Jackson related question. Will.i.am commented on it. He mentioned about Michael's mother. End of it. It's really a no-issue. The content is as empty as it can get. By now, I don't even take will.i.am's words seriously. It's his trick, his ego, his way to seek attention. Somehow, speculations start flying. Words like "Katherine will only give her approval if the Jacksons is involved", "Katherine wants to earn big bucks from them." Wait a second. Hold on. Do we have any idea on what's Katherine's knowledge level about these songs? These are simply baseless speculations.

Even if Katherine offers her approval, these tracks won't appear in an offical Michael Jackson album if the Estate doesn't approve. If will.i.am want to release the songs in his own album, then he has to pay royalties to the Estate. If the Estate thinks will.i.am is exploiting Michael's name, the Estate can always seek action against him. So, will.i.am comment's on "getting Katherine's approval" means nothing.

Now, excuse me, if I think it's just too much. This whole "let's make fun of the family whenever possible" mentality is getting tiring.

You are SURE Mrs. Jackson was instrumental in having her "boys" singing background. What's your source? Care to share? Has anyone who's involved in the TII project ever mentioned that it's Katherine Jackson's idea to have the Jacksons singing background?

You know TII single is a demo, right? It's not like the producers replaced someone else work with the Jacksons' vocals. They need to "dress up" the demo to make it releasable.

And, is it any secret that a parent would like her children to enjoy success? Somehow, people here make it sound like it's wrong for Katherine Jackson to want her children to be successful.

rolleyes.jpg

This thread is about will.i.am's interview. The interview is not even about Michael. But, as always, the interviewer can't help but ask a Michael Jackson related question. Will.i.am commented on it. He mentioned about Michael's mother. End of it. It's really a no-issue. The content is as empty as it can get. By now, I don't even take will.i.am's words seriously. It's his trick, his ego, his way to seek attention. Somehow, speculations start flying. Words like "Katherine will only give her approval if the Jacksons is involved", "Katherine wants to earn big bucks from them." Wait a second. Hold on. Do we have any idea on what's Katherine's knowledge level about these songs? These are simply baseless speculations.

Even if Katherine offers her approval, these tracks won't appear in an offical Michael Jackson album if the Estate doesn't approve. If will.i.am want to release the songs in his own album, then he has to pay royalties to the Estate. If the Estate thinks will.i.am is exploiting Michael's name, the Estate can always seek action against him. So, will.i.am comment's on "getting Katherine's approval" means nothing.

Now, excuse me, if I think it's just too much. This whole "let's make fun of the family whenever possible" mentality is getting tiring.
roll_eyes.jpg

Big Apple was just stating a formed opinion of what Katherine would say about this situation without being Harsh or 'ridiculing' her..It's no big deal so why make it one? I think you need to reread what was written instead of getting so defensive over it.

Lol... :lmao:These pics make my day. The second one is cute. Thanks. :huggy:
29na1qc.gif

Big Apple was just stating a formed opinion of what Katherine would say about this situation without being Harsh or 'ridiculing' her..It's no big deal so why make it one? I think you need to reread what was written instead of getting so defensive over it.

Exactly talk about making a mountain of every molehill, smh so tiring.

You guys can we please stop with the arguing and get back to the topic of the thread?

Thank you!

If these tracks are remotely like any of the remixes Will.i.am did for the Thriller 25th Anniversary CD, I don't want to hear them. Besides not being very good, he's just a hack and can't stand the Black Eyed Peas in general. Crappy music and their Super Bowl performance was atrocious.

I'm definitely starting to hate this guy. Now he wants Katherine to ask him. Tomorow he'll say call Obama to ask me about this songs.
So what's wrong with people?:doh:

You're not the only one. Its both tiring and embarrassing to watch. :bored:

That said, I hope the tracks turn out well if and when he decides to release them, anything without Michael's final touch is always missing something despite how good it may be IDK I guess thats just me.

Last edited:
I don't think he actually has hardly anything. When asked in the interview where the songs are, he avoids answering. I think he always assumed that after Thriller 25 he and Michael would record more songs and then when Michael died it was too late. Trouble is, he'd already told everyone that he'd recorded them. He got caught out.

I thought I read somewhere that the estate would like to release whatever they did. Who knows how much material there is and if he wants to keep people guessing. I am looking forward to whatever unreleased material gets shown by Michael like the ones with Freddie Mercury.

Don't expect eveyone to know the things that some do that they don't like about The Jacksons, that's unrealistic and the reason why Will.I.am said he will do what Katherine decides if given the chance. He obviously views her as just MJ mom. And considering what happen to the last MJ album I can't be mad he wasn't apart of that. Maybe this time things will be different...atleast I hope? So let's just wait and see! Will.I.am so far to me is geniune in his intensions, not rushin or jumping on anything when MJ died. He obviously felt uncomfortable about that. I rather have it that way and then maybe ish will come out right this time?!

wait. ..just a year ago everyone loved Will.i.am for the respect he had and still has imo for mj....now all of a sudden we hate him???
the reason he didnt release it was cos he didnt have mj's BLESSING and since the kids arent old enough to make a decision , naturally it comes down to his mother. that is the closest he will ever get to MJ'S blessing. this is a moral decision, not business, so i dont think the estate has a say.
anyway i dont even think he considered the possibility of that actually happening. it sounded more like a joke or light hearted comment to me...
Will.i.am still has my respect!

the reason he didnt release it was cos he didnt have mj's BLESSING and since the kids arent old enough to make a decision , naturally it comes down to his mother. that is the closest he will ever get to MJ'S blessing. this is a moral decision, not business, so i dont think the estate has a say.

It's an artistic decision more than anything else, so to me, KJ has nothing to do with it. What would she know about the quality of the songs? Either those songs are good enough to be released, or they arent. Does Will know what Michael wanted to do with them, or not (as far as the music goes)? How much does he know, how much of the songs does he have? Is it going to end up with songs like HMH or those-which-must-not-be-named? Or, like Ginger said, with the Thriller 25 remixes which I could have done without.

And there are not 3 entities here : KJ, the estate, the kids. The Estate is the kids. And yes, every decision made involves the Estate.

I respected Will before for his decision, and it seems all the sudden he has changed his mind and is trying to find a way to release that material and saving face.

I love Hold My Hand, and the leaked version is close enough to the final one. But songs that have to be finished by others, I'm not really interested. I want what Michael wanted to do with them, not someone else's interpretation. I'd rather have a whole album of raw demos.

I reckon katherine she will say no but truthfully its not really up to her to say if mj music will be released or not. Its up to the estate to give the say on mjs music as really they are in the line of business now since mj is gone

I'm definitely starting to hate this guy. Now he wants Katherine to ask him. Tomorow he'll say call Obama to ask me about this songs.
So what's wrong with people?:doh:

To be honest, I think he's looking for attention..........

In 2011, Will.I.Am was pretty much a nobody and he's trying to become relevant again!!!!!

Back