Will there be a THIS IS IT trailer?

I'd think for the amount of money spent to obtain the footage, they'll go all out and promote it well, to try and get the money back.

Of course man every ground braking movie has an trailer i really think its gonna sell more than the titantic movie and harry potter i really do think so omg
with a crappy 2 week release I doubt it

According to MJJFrance.com the trailer should be released as a world premiere during the MTV Video Music Awards on Sept 13th that will take place in NYC (beginning at 9PM).
Please consider that nothing is confirmed yet though.

I was thinking to not watch the VMA's because MTV wants to repear the damge when it's already done but if this is true, I'll have to do the sacrifice, I can't wait to see it.

mjfrance.com

rance » L'actualité
← USA: Nouveau site internet: thisisittickets.com...
Officiel: Mort de Michael Jackson jugée comme un →

28août2009
1526 lectures
La bande annonce de "Michael Jackson This Is It" devrait être diffusée le 13 Septembre...

Quelques informations arrivent aux oreilles d'MJFrance à propos du film "Michael Jackson This Is It" que nous attendons tous pour le 28 Octobre prochain. Ainsi, la bande annonce du film devrait être diffusée en exclusivité mondiale lors des MTV Video Music Awards à New York le 13 Septembre 2009 à partir de 21h (heure locale).

Autre chose qui n'est pour l'instant à concidérer qu'au conditionnel, il se dit qu'en complément de la sortie du film, celui-ci pourrait être accompagné en salles d'une reprise en version raccourcie du court métrage de Ghosts. Cette éventualité concernerait les USA et pourrait également concerner le reste du monde. Rien de tout ceci n'est pour le moment confirmé.

using a google translator :p

stale News
← USA: New website: thisisittickets.com ...
Official: Death of Michael Jackson deemed a →

28août2009
1526 reads
The trailer of "Michael Jackson This Is It" should be released September 13th ...

Some information came to the ears of MJFrance about the film "Michael Jackson This Is It" that we all expect to October 28 next. Thus, the trailer of the film should be broadcast worldwide exclusive at the MTV Video Music Awards in New York September 13, 2009 from 21h (local time).

Another thing that is currently in the conditional concidérer, he said that in addition to the film, it could be accompanied by a recovery room in a shortened version of the short film Ghosts . This possibility concerns the U.S. and could also involve the rest of the world. None of this is yet confirmed.

I'm gonna have to get drunk on that day. I'll have to. It will be too much. :(

Seeing the trailor will be so exciting...

My wife thinks I'm sad getting so excited about a 2 minute trailor for a film of MJ rehearsing. But to me, it'll be like Christmas day on heat....

I hope it airs during the VMA's considering there going to do a nice tribute. The first time I see Michael's face in the trailer I will probably cry.

Ah man I really can't wait for this trailer or the movie I really hope we get to see some decent stuff from him performing at rehearsals :)

According to Wikipedia, the trailer is expected to be shown at the VMA's on Sunday!!! :D :D

I hope this is true!

My wife thinks I'm sad getting so excited about a 2 minute trailor for a film of MJ rehearsing. But to me, it'll be like Christmas day on heat....

I can agree u!
Maybe she doesn't know what this means to us fans...!

I will record it even if it is 2 min.!!! You are lucky to see it soon!
We do not get to see it until 9/19 in Japan (if it is to be aired on VMA). Worse, the movie will be only at very limited theaters here in Tokyo - it will be very hard to get tickets.

BREAKING NEWS:

Michael Jackson 'This Is It' Trailer To Premiere During VMAs
Documentary preview will debut on MTV during the live broadcast, airing Sunday at 9 p.m. ET.

Though Michael Jackson is gone, the King of Pop will be front and center during the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday. Not only will his sister Janet make a musical tribute to her brother with a special appearance to help open the show, but we can now reveal that viewers will get their first look at the MJ documentary "This Is It" during the live broadcast, when the trailer premieres on MTV.

Drawn from more than 100 hours of behind-the-scenes footage and produced with the full support of Jackson's family, "This Is It" chronicles the last three months of the superstar's life as he sought to stage a series of 50 sold-out comeback concerts at London's O2 arena. The documentary shows MJ developing the show and rehearsing a number of songs during his final days. "This Is It" is directed by Kenny Ortega, Jackson's creative partner and the director of the planned O2 stage show. Sony Pictures plans to release the film in theaters for a limited two-week engagement, starting on October 28.

MTV will also exclusively premiere an extended trailer for another hotly anticipated fall movie, "New Moon," the second installment of the "Twilight" vampire franchise. Stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner will be on hand to debut the footage. "New Moon" co-star Ashley Greene will also be at the show, serving as MTV News' fashion correspondent on the red carpet during the preshow, which airs at 8 p.m. ET.

The VMAs will be hosted for the second year in a row by British comedian Russell Brand. The evening's performers include Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Green Day, Pink, Taylor Swift and Muse. Katy Perry, Ne-Yo, Nelly Furtado, Chace Crawford, Leighton Meester and Miranda Cosgrove are set to present awards.

The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards air live this Sunday, September 13, at 9 p.m. ET, but New York is celebrating the VMAs all week long! Stay tuned for party coverage, concert reports, behind-the-scenes updates and more.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621114/20090910/jackson_michael.jhtml

BREAKING NEWS:

Michael Jackson 'This Is It' Trailer To Premiere During VMAs
Documentary preview will debut on MTV during the live broadcast, airing Sunday at 9 p.m. ET.

Though Michael Jackson is gone, the King of Pop will be front and center during the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday. Not only will his sister Janet make a musical tribute to her brother with a special appearance to help open the show, but we can now reveal that viewers will get their first look at the MJ documentary "This Is It" during the live broadcast, when the trailer premieres on MTV.

Drawn from more than 100 hours of behind-the-scenes footage and produced with the full support of Jackson's family, "This Is It" chronicles the last three months of the superstar's life as he sought to stage a series of 50 sold-out comeback concerts at London's O2 arena. The documentary shows MJ developing the show and rehearsing a number of songs during his final days. "This Is It" is directed by Kenny Ortega, Jackson's creative partner and the director of the planned O2 stage show. Sony Pictures plans to release the film in theaters for a limited two-week engagement, starting on October 28.

MTV will also exclusively premiere an extended trailer for another hotly anticipated fall movie, "New Moon," the second installment of the "Twilight" vampire franchise. Stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner will be on hand to debut the footage. "New Moon" co-star Ashley Greene will also be at the show, serving as MTV News' fashion correspondent on the red carpet during the preshow, which airs at 8 p.m. ET.

The VMAs will be hosted for the second year in a row by British comedian Russell Brand. The evening's performers include Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga, Green Day, Pink, Taylor Swift and Muse. Katy Perry, Ne-Yo, Nelly Furtado, Chace Crawford, Leighton Meester and Miranda Cosgrove are set to present awards.

The 2009 MTV Video Music Awards air live this Sunday, September 13, at 9 p.m. ET, but New York is celebrating the VMAs all week long! Stay tuned for party coverage, concert reports, behind-the-scenes updates and more.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1621114/20090910/jackson_michael.jhtml

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

Wow wait....a limited two week engagement? So bascially this means the documentary will be two weeks in the theatres and that's it????

Wow wait....a limited two week engagement? So bascially this means the documentary will be two weeks in the theatres and that's it????

That's been a given since the beginning. Sony announced that like 3 weeks ago in a press release. The reason for the 2 week showing is to launch the DVD by late November or early December in time for the busy Christmas shopping season. Tickets will go on sale September 27th all around the world so make sure you get those tickets fast! I imagine however they will extend it to 3 weeks due to huge demand.

I cannot wait to see the trailer.

Why are they giving MTV the coup though?

Back