will you state Michael Jackson as the best dancer n pop music?

Hands down HELL YES for all the reasons already stated. Without a doubt there's no competition. As has been said about MJ before, it takes a really good dancer to make the moves they do look easy. And MJ is just brilliant at that. But I think one of the biggest things that separates MJ from everyone else and puts him on a godly level is just the pure emotion that comes through his movements. Of course he's crisp & clean & speedy like no one else, and versatile to boot, but no other musical artist has moved me the way Michael has when he's danced. He puts his all into it and you can see that. There have been times when I've been moved to tears by the precision of his performances and then to see the emotion on his face during and afterwards; so many of the "imitators" are cocky, but MJ is something else. I think this quote describes it best (WBSS21 posted this in a quote thread I believe, and I've committed it to memory - and my hard drive ;D - ever since)

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]"...On his feet, he looks just as effortless. His arms and legs seem to move on some unusual principle… one that doesn’t require muscle power and a high expenditure of energy. When he spins, it looks like he is energized by a concealed electric motor. Occasionally, Michael dances with his eyes closed, but you know it’s not because he has to concentrate on the effort he’s making but because he has been transported to some other place of existence.[/FONT]"

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]- Caroline Latham (author) on Michael Jackson, 1984[/FONT]

And that is so true. There's more meaning than just mere entertainment with MJ, I think. You can find the rest of the quote in one of the quotes thread. A number of people, such as choreographers and celebrities comment on his dancing skills. WBSS21 did a really fantastic job compiling all the quotage :).

Last edited:
Back