will you state Michael Jackson as the best dancer n pop music?

Michael doesn't do all that acrobatic junk. Gymnist's make street dancer's acrobatics look pathetic, lol. But just in terms of initial movment from one pose to the next, Michael is the best I've ever seen, along with Astaire. To me, dance is defined by the movment in between steps, the movement that gets you from one step to the next, the stuff that connects poses, so to me, that doesn't involve back flips, head stands, hand stands, popping or any of that. To me, all of that stuff should be catagorized as an entirely different form of movement from dance, just as pantomime is.

Last edited:
in the 70's he was doing astaire routines better than the man himself, roboting better than anyone, and getting into the locking craze.. 80s he was gliding better than boogaloos, 90s his hip hop was crazy...

u tell me a dance who covers such a range of eras and styles? a man may be able to spin on his head, or do 8 spins, but can anyone do what michael jackson can do?

"no one moves like michael jackson"
he is a ok dancer there are people who better than him actually, i am not saying he is all bad because he is NOT he is a HELL of a dancer but the world's BEST dancer? No

There isn't anybody more naturally gifted then Michael. I've watched many a dancer, the best in the world, and no one has better initial movement then Michael.

he is a ok dancer there are people who better than him actually, i am not saying he is all bad because he is NOT he is a HELL of a dancer but the world's BEST dancer? No
by all means enlighten us...

There's no untrained dancer better then Michael. Trained dancers can do things that Michael can't, they've conditioned their bodies to do certain things, but in terms of innate ease, fluidity, form, speed, clean lines, nobody is better, not even conditioned dancers. Michael moves like a God. He's got the most killer speed and the most clean form all at the same time. It's scary.

Last edited:
There isn't anybody more naturally gifted then Michael. I've watched many a dancer, the best in the world, and no one has better initial movement then Michael.

There's no untrained dancer better then Michael. Trained dancers can do things that Michael can't, they've conditioned their bodies to do certain things, but in terms of innate ease, fluidity, form, speed, clean lines, nobody is better, not even conditioned dancers. Michael moves like a God. He's got the most killer speed and the most clean form all at the same time. It's scary.

Very well stated. :yes:

To be honest when I watch Usher sometimes he amazes me like no-one since Michael and sometimes I think he's better. BUT...he wouldn't be able to do what he does if it wasn't for Michael as he's taken his moves & refined them.

So although I might say Usher is now better, he wouldn't be had Michael not existed. Usher himself would agree with that.

Michaels 5 most thrilling dance routines:
Smooth Criminal video
Billie Jean live
Remember The Time video
Man In The Mirror live (spins & knee drops!)
Jam video

Usher don't woah me.

His moves arent that special, I mean i couldnt see him doing Bad Choregraphy.
MJ's routines to intense for him. Half the time he uses those roller shoes :p
His alright though.

Usher doesn't have any speed and he doesn't have Michael's ease, lines or acuracy. I've watched Usher in concert, in videos, at awards shows, etc... Believe me, he couldn't even hold Michael's jock strap. He wouldn't be able to handle Michael's routines with near the precisian or speed. He wouldn't even make it as as back up dancer for Michael.

Last edited:
He's the best in this new age, yes. But One of the best for the greatest to ever live, that's for certain.

Usher doesn't have any speed and he doesn't have Michael's ease, lines or acuracy. I've watched Usher in concert, in videos, at awards shows, etc... Believe me, he couldn't even hold Michael's jock strap. He wouldn't be able to handle Michael's routines with near the precisian or speed. He wouldn't even make it as as back up dancer for Michael.

Agreed. :yes:

It seems as though people's thinking of "better" dancer are no longer of the techniques, the lines etc.

MJ is a very very talented dancer. Without training and look at things he can do with his body, those feet. He move so quick with his feet. The popping and locking. Just amazing!

Last edited:
who here says not - :wacko:

and usher justin neyo chris browns - they are not worthy. lol. its true.

huh?

Last edited:
I say it totally, and 100% he is!!!! Maybe I'm narrow-minded maybe I'm not... But neutral people appreciate his talent. Plus he is a perfectionist and he's made all of his moves to become perfect. He'd practiced hours in a day. He thinks talent isn't enough. I really look up to him because of this.

well, I think Chris Tucker is better than Michael--though he kicks wit the wrong leg! j/k

I can't believe I read this entire thread. I'd really like to know who JingeJ thinks is better. I love the rehearsal video. If anyone has the time, I'd like to know how to post a youtube video in a post. I'm so illiterate when it comes to posting pics and things, though I know it's probably very simple, I just never took the time to learn.

Anyway, thanks for all the dancing comments. If there's a thread on dancing, you can bet your money on WBSS giving you the lowdown.

lol, JingJ probably doesn't want to bother cause they know I'll attack the post and explain in a zillion paragraph response why they're wrong, lol.

Nobody is a better natural dancer then Michael, I'm so freakin' serious, I'd bet anything on that.

He's the most gifted dancer I've ever seen, in terms on raw, natural ability. He moves like someone with extensive training, but he hasn't had any. Just freaky.

Last edited:
Yes, he's definitely the best dancer in pop music. Nobody else can move as flawlessly as Michael. :yes:

Of course. Not even a contest. No one is as flawlessly breathtaking. The Smooth Criminal video in and of itself gives MJ the title.

He's the best dancer period.He can do any style you throw at him.Nobody is better than him.

blackimproud said:
He's the best in this new age, yes. But One of the best for the greatest to ever live, that's for certain.

in his age? YES then he is the best, overall..... no

Last edited:
Ain't anybody more naturally gifted then Michael. I stand by that statement. Michael has no training, yet he looks like a professional when he moves, he has that same kind of precisian, speed and grace, plus he has perfect lines.

Last edited:
He is the business when it comes to dancing and he deserves to be put alongside Astaire, Ginger Rogers, and all of those people, it sometimes makes me angry that he is so perfect cause he can sure as hell write songs that blow apart anything else anyone has made and then he is good at drawing and then to top it off he has the ability to sing beautifully, and make his dancing express what he is saying, he really does the whole lot.

He is the business when it comes to dancing and he deserves to be put alongside Astaire, Ginger Rogers, and all of those people, it sometimes makes me angry that he is so perfect cause he can sure as hell write songs that blow apart anything else anyone has made and then he is good at drawing and then to top it off he has the ability to sing beautifully, and make his dancing express what he is saying, he really does the whole lot.

Absolutely. That's the league he's in. Not in the league of these singers who want to be dancers.

Oh most absolutely. Thank god making Michael still becoming the best entertainer in Pop/Dance music ever. God bless MJ!

Back