will you state Michael Jackson as the best dancer n pop music?

he's the best dancer in pop music..yes i agree. because he's a great choreographer, and he has invented new dance steps that i never seen in my life.. he seems that flies when he dances and his expressions are unic .. he's able to give emotions to the pubblic like no other. with his voice and his moves.. :) he's the best the one and Only !

Last edited:
well I wonder, who in the industry can give him any real competition? or a run for his money?

Its a good thing you pointed that out, Nicole. The fedora is one of thos adjustements he makes. I think its incredibly tricky to dance with a hat on.If you look at the SMOOTH CRIMINAL video or performances, Michael always fixes the position of his fedora every now.One does not notice the fedora adjustments as it looks like part of thee dance routine when it really isn't.

Oh I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Like when he had to do the lean - right before, he puts his hat over the base of his forehead and leans...hat dont fall off! He pushes it back up and does the moon walk in a square. Then he pushes it again later on out of his face like he's about ready to throw the thing off his head, it keeps falling in his face. lol

But even I noticed how he twiddles his fingers when he doesnt have a specified move for the point in time, like he's spreading dirt on the floor or something. And even the neck shifting is a fun move too...all that I do notice and when you watch MJ enough, lol, you NOTICE

the question is silly in my opinion.It should be asked rhetorically, if ever asked.
There is not one dancer in todays pop/hip hop industry that is not influenced by MJ, and even if others might think Omarion or Usher perform better pop lock, its the subtleness, unique style, and natural gift of musicality to name just afew things, that make MJ the best!

he is one of the best dancers in entertainment EVER
so in modern "pop music"? OF COURSE- the BEST!

Who else in this community board consider MJ as the best dancer in the pop music world, I believe that there's noone close to his INMENSE TALENT IN DANCE and in music of course, but we are talking 'bout dance here, I know that to be a MJ fan you must heve knowledge in dance, cause the very same Michael leads you to care about dance, i will really enjoy to read all your thoughts, and poetry or whatever you want to say about MJ's dance. :rolleyes:
im gonna go against the crowd... no he isn't the best, but he is good

Yes he is the best. Just so fluent. Precise

I love his dancing in the late 70's

Michael's sick. He shouldn't even be compared to these lame ass acts in pop music. He's in the leagues of the best dancers to ever live, plain and simple.

in Pop? it would be silly to suggest anyone else as a competitor.. and on a professional and historical level i'd say he's right up there with the pioneers. he may not have the edge on originality, but he took all that influence and made his art authentic. his dancing is too good, i actually think it's underrated.

Damn straight he's underrated. If people actually realized how gifted Michael is as a dancer, they wouldn't be comparing the likes of Chris Brown, Omarion or Justin Timberlake to him, they wouldn't. People who do that don't know a thing about dancing, they really don't. Because they FAIL to see Michael's superior grace, lines, fluidity, speed, etc... They just don't see it so they make these dumb comparisons. They don't even know what they're looking at. The names you mention Michael along with are people like Astaire and Kelly. He doesn't have the benifit of training, but his natural ability is on that level all the way. These other acts ain't though, not even close.

And the truth is, steps don't matter. It's style which matters, how you put those steps together. Almost every step under the sun has been done, but what will seperate you is if you can come up with a unique style, which Michael has done. Nobody before or since has had a style like Michael's.

Last edited:
OMG.... am I the only one who thinks he is a ok dancer?

in the 70's he was doing astaire routines better than the man himself, roboting better than anyone, and getting into the locking craze.. 80s he was gliding better than boogaloos, 90s his hip hop was crazy...

u tell me a dance who covers such a range of eras and styles? a man may be able to spin on his head, or do 8 spins, but can anyone do what michael jackson can do?

"no one moves like michael jackson"

Michael's an amazing dancer. While he may not have a lot of technical training, it doesn't matter, because he picks up steps and choreography so damn easily- better than trained dancers (from what choreographers have said about Michael)

It's about feeling and rhythm, too. :yes: There's times I want to just cry watching Michael dance- his passion, his execution, his rhythm. It's incredible!

in the 70's he was doing astaire routines better than the man himself, roboting better than anyone, and getting into the locking craze.. 80s he was gliding better than boogaloos, 90s his hip hop was crazy...

u tell me a dance who covers such a range of eras and styles? a man may be able to spin on his head, or do 8 spins, but can anyone do what michael jackson can do?

"no one moves like michael jackson"
's right.

p r e a c h.

Last edited:
Fred Astaire himself was impressed with Michael, and Astaire was known for never complimenting other male dancers.

To say he's just okay is, to be frank, absurd. Technically he is superb, despite lacking even the most basic training. His lines are perfect, he has incredible grace and ease to his movement, he has incredible speed, and he connects each step seamlessly, flowing together beautifully.

He looks effortless when he moves. His ability to learn and pick up steps as quickly as he does is a testament to his natural, innate understanding and ability in dance. Other dancers have said they've never seen anybody pick up moves as quickly as Michael; these are trained, professional dancers who make their living off of that discipline alone.

Nobody in the pop world is anywhere near Michael. Michael's like a professional. He routinely makes professional's look average, and that all comes down to his natural ability. They may have far more training and practice then he does and are able to do physical feats which he cannot, but their initial movement isn't anywhere near as good.

What makes Michael truly extraordinary is his combination of blazing speed and ability to, at the same time, keep each movement as clean, as sharp, and as clear as can be, with his perfect symmetry, amazing balance, control and coordination. He can come out of a slick as oil step, going blindingly fast, and then just stop on a dime, freeze, and go in a totally different direction, all without ever giving up excess movement or appearing sloppy.

He's the total package.

Last edited:
yea hes great!!!!!!!!!!! he combines so many different styles from many, many types of dance. the only other great dancers inthis world are on the streets of new york city, the new york city street dancers, they are amazing, mj got stuff from them too including the robot and a type of 'moonwalk' that michael changed and made it his own ,it wasn't only james brown or gene kelley he looked to. theres a huge combination man! the only thing i never saw mj do was a flip on stage , i think usher can though, but hes not a great dancer like MJ.

Last edited:
Flip int know dancing, you can go to the circus and watch that :lol:

haha, circus ew no. but flipping can be apart of dance as well here. gymnastics and dance go hand in hand in some dances. and in the U.S. street dancers flip as well, and its pretty cool. and since i said michael took from that dance, thats the only thing i never really saw him mimmick. so unless some fool comes out and can do more than mj, mj is still the king.

Back