will you state Michael Jackson as the best dancer n pop music?

Isn't it true that he has a blackbelt in Karate or something? I heard that once. Plus some of the things Martial Artists do seem very Michaelesque, or rather the other way around! lol

Michael's the best simply by way of how he moves. He's technically brilliant. You brought up a good point KOPV in that versatility is one of his great strengths, he isn't limited to any one specific genre, he can pick up and imitate any step or style and do it well on the first try, he isn't good at just one form of dance, he's good in every form, he can do anything. I always say, he's a master of movement and if he were to concentrate on any specific field of dance, he would become the best in that one area.

But the fact that he has this rare combination of speed with precisian/ accuracy, perfect lines, and phenomenal control, he simply moves, in a general sense, overall, better then everyone else. Just in terms of of how he flows from pose to pose, how cleanly he executes the steps, how quickly and easily he goes from one mark to the other. Nobody moves that good, in an overall sense, just in terms of movement. Except Fred Astaire. I think as far as natural ability goes, Michael is the most gifted dancer that's ever lived.

to me there is a big difference between someone who can dance, and someone that is A DANCER.. Someone who can dance masters the technique they practice and/or is somewhat versityle in dances.. A DANCER is someone who simply has it in the SOUL, allows the music to dictate his/her movement and it comes out visually effortless because it's the moment the body and soul collide.. A Dancer like Michael can pick up several dances NOT because of the time and dedication to the art, but because the soul pulls the movements out of him. NOW, when Michael has that in him, and you add the dedication and focus he's put on dancing it makes him untouchable.

More examples of a someone who can dance vs. a dancer

Someone who can dance (Can visually memorize what he/she saw and do it)
A dancer (internalizes the dance, pulls it out of them)

Someone who can dance (can get the hits, positions right without flaw)
A dancer (uses the base choreography given, and executes it as there body/heart/soul tells them to)

IF random songs/music were to play (making them to improvize) someone that can dance, will first start to register in there head what moves they know that would go to the music causing pausing durring parts of the dance... A dancer will listen to the music, allow it into there heart and let the music move them accordingly to the rhythm, instraments of the composition.. AHHH, I get into it when I start typing about dance.. I'll stop because I'll start to even get emotional

I just happened to find this really awesome video which showcases Michael's fantastic dancing taken from various performances, shows and tours:

http://tv.mjtkop.com/item/SMQ6Q7BGZK3J5SP8

^And YES! I state that Michael is the best dancer, not just in pop music, but one of the greatest dancers of all time. Any knobhead hater that says "Michael is a crap, gay dancer who always repeats the same shit" :rolleyes: should just go sit down in a corner and shut up!

Hell to the YES, Mike is the best!!!! innovative, creative, unique, "original" the greatest dancer I've ever seen, MJ is simply the best and the comments above sums everything up for reason he is.

Absolutely Positively Yes!!! Michael is the best dancer of all music, not just pop!!! :yes: :heart:

Well on the BET`s "Best 25 Dancers Of All Time", MJ came in at number 2. The "Godfather Of Soul" James Brown was voted number one. James Brown was MJ`s mentor when it came down to dancing.

Well on the BET`s "Best 25 Dancers Of All Time", MJ came in at number 2. The "Godfather Of Soul" James Brown was voted number one. James Brown was MJ`s mentor when it came down to dancing.[/b]

That list was wack. Anyway, Michael dances in a more similar style to Bob Fosse and has more the physical form of Fred Astaire then James Brown.

michael's a genius! he is excellent in all areas. to say that he is a good dancer is an understatement because he simply is one of the best! he is a 'feeling' dancer. he emotes with his movements. he feels each twist and flick and turn. this is one of the reasons why we are in awe evertime he performs. his artistry shows in everything he does and he always, always shows an extremely honest performance

Well on the BET`s "Best 25 Dancers Of All Time", MJ came in at number 2. The "Godfather Of Soul" James Brown was voted number one. James Brown was MJ`s mentor when it came down to dancing.[/b]
as a performer I reckon JB is great but as a Dancer I dont see the big deal about him... that list was screwed Because MJ is on a different level (a higher lvl) from anyone on those top 25

Yes, I will.

Simply the best
Wanna be...I agree with almost every post you make regarding "dancing Michael" i just can't put it in text.
I thank you for letting me understand how "good"Michael really is.

Love,
Quiz

Michael is the greatest dancer in HISTORY.

Not just because of the moves but because of his understanding of dance.

read "Dancing The Dream".

The only reason why James Brown was number ONE on the list with the BET countdown was because it was somewhat soon after he past away.. The list was retarded.. Chris Brown beat out some of the Dance GREATES.. Also, It was not really the best DANCERS, it was a list of the best 'black' dancers.. I don't think we saw ANYone else that was not black on the countdown.. But even with that, the list was WAY off.

Man, I was watching "TWYMMF" today, Michael is so controlled and BALANCED, that's something I noticed. Every step he makes, he has perfect symmetry. Plus, as I've said before, he gives as much attention and focus to the interim steps which carry him to the main pose as to the pose itself. He's so intricate and tight in every move he makes. It's all entirely figured out, he doesn't just go from one step to the next with the movement it takes in between being compromised and thoughtless, he creates smaller, more subtle steps on the way there, to make it flow together without a clumsy break, which gives his dancing that over all incredible precisian and fluidity. He connects his poses, he doesn't just hit one, and then stop and do what ever it takes without thought to get to the next or get to it without any control or intention as to how, resulting in excess, sloppy movement, like with a lot of dancers you see. Michael uses the exact amount of controlled movement that is needed to make the poses appear as one fluid execution of a sequence without any unnecessary or unrelated flailing about, its all done on purpose and with intent, and it makes for the most detailed and precise motion.

Yes because everything he does looks like dancing, even the way he moves his hands.

man even some of the people who dont like him even have to admit that he is the best

btw wannabe in my class we were talking about dancers the other day and this girl said that Fred Astaire couldnt do the dance moves that Britney Spears does :lol:

man even some of the people who dont like him even have to admit that he is the best

btw wannabe in my class we were talking about dancers the other day and this girl said that Fred Astaire couldnt do the dance moves that Britney Spears does :lol:

yeah that's correct :p

the proper way looks different :lol:

:lol:

the way he moves in time with the music as well, allways been flawless, even when he got older and was doing the anniversery concert he wasnt in the best of shapes yet his timing was just perfect!

Okay, this is mean, but that girl, tragic as it is to say, is a moron, lol. Its more like the other way around. Britney wouldn't even know where to begin when it came to Astaire, lol. None of these people would! That's why I really have to laugh when people say Chris Brown is such a good dancer, Usher is such a good dancer, Timberlake is such a good dancer. I'm like, yeah, they have SOME skill, but compare them to people who really ARE good dancers, ala Astaire, ala Michael, ala Gene Kelly, ala Sammy Davis JR. and they look, to put it blatently, like total sh**. People don't know though, they're ignorant about that kind of thing.

And good points about Michael too chaos. He has perfect rhythm and he always hits his steps in time with the music, the rhythm and the beat. Watch him in "Blame It On The Boogie" or "The Way You Make Me Feel", when he's just feeling the music out, or any instance in which he's dancing but there's no particular choreogrophey. Its incredible to watch. He's in tune with the timing of the thing to such an extent that he makes the music something visual, not just audible.

Last edited:
Back