Would you Welcome Back XSCAPE's PRODUCTION TEAM? For Future Albums.

She Was Loving Me.

I think Wikipedia cited that, and Timberland confirmed it.

But all the other songs, save for Loving You, have been out under these names for years, unofficially. And Xscape was leaked as "Xscape" back in 2003, and Michael's lawyers named it as "Xscape"...so that one was not renamed.

Yeah, I kept getting mixed up with Lovin' You.

Thanks! ^_^

I think they renamed it because all first three songs had Love in the title, and they wanted to not have repetition.

That makes sense! Plus Track 2 and 3 have quite similar names as well (I remember many fans getting confused between the two before the tracklisting was unveiled. It would've helped if we heard them instead of just seeing names thrown around, but ya know what I mean).

Nobody can finish Michael's work but Michael. Period. If Michael didn't finish a song it will NEVER be finished.

As far as the remixes go, they mean very little to me. I want to hear everything Michael had a hand in. That is what is important to me.

YES!! I can't stop listening to this album, every song is so frigging catchy!! My girlfriend who is much more of a casual MJ fan has even asked me to put the album on her phone. It's modern, its fresh and most importantly of all is Micheal voice shines through on each and every one of these songs.

Didn't Reid say when he was making the song choices for the album that he narrowed it down from 24 to 16 to 8? If so I say bring on another album with 8 tracks plus the originals again with these same producers!

I think this is a solid production team. I would, however, like to hear something different next time (RedOne would be one of my personal choices).

When I listened "They Don't Care About Us" for the firstime, I did re-listen 20 times...

And I remember "Dangerous"; that was a casette

I don't know how many times I did listen for first 5-6 days...

There is no song like that on this album. There is no "new thing" on this album. I love just MJ's voice... The beats they used are very simple... This is Michael Jackson, you have to make something new and never heard before.

Here is an amateur work and it's really better than this album. "Xscape" original is the best song on this album....

Simply NO !!

I want to hear RedOne in work with Michael’s music myself, so I can understand that kind of choices – we all want the best for Michael’s music. But after ALL wonderful mixes we have now to say that no one of producers are welcome … IDK. IMO they did the best they could to present MJ’s music to public.

Nobody can finish Michael's work but Michael. Period. If Michael didn't finish a song it will NEVER be finished.

As far as the remixes go, they mean very little to me. I want to hear everything Michael had a hand in. That is what is important to me.

True, but producers need to try. IMO, releasing Michael's music in its unfinished state is actually more disrespectful than going in and trying to finish it posthumously (depending on one's definition of "finish").

Yes, YES YES!! They did a brilliant job! It's cohesive, fresh, new, and Michael's voice shines.

Michael expressed interest in working with Timbaland, and def. Stargate. He worked with will i am, and red one. He was always looking for the newest, freshest producers that would bring in new sounds and currency to his music. These producers did an amazing job in presenting Michael's music and bringing it to today's music WITHOUT all the robotic, autotune mess. Listen to Heartbreaker, that has so many different sounds and beats and so does Invincible the song. So imho, how do we know if Michael wouldn't have wanted to have these types of sounds in his new music? Again he was familiar with all those producers that worked on this album, so I would not be that surprised if Michael would not have produced these sounds. Why not?
I think some fans are to caught up in the demos, which imo, are dated, great but dated. They do not compare with the new versions. But I guess if you prefer them then oh well it is your taste. I personally rather have totally finished, fresher sounding songs. It is a shame ppl don't appreciate it. Again, I honestly would not be surprised if Michael would have brought us music like this if he worked with these producers.

And, no no no to Q J. why would Michael's music want to go backwards?? We need to move forward and again that is what this album does.
I mean seriously, Michael did not want to work with Quincy anymore because he wanted to seek out new sounds and have a new direction in his music.

And honestly MOST fans and the general public are embracing this project. It's going to be a huge success.

I believe we should get what Michael did (demos) but if they get remixed. I'd like to see MJ's team at the time of the track, come back and finish his vision, like Teddy for Dangerous, Darkchild for Invincible. I wouldn't really want Quincy back though, I appreciate what they did together but I don't like what he's done since Michael's passing to be honest.

But I do appreciate what the producers have done on this album adding new twists on each track, I can see the hard work that's gone into it, even if some may not be to my taste.

I agree. I would of been completely satisfied with the demos and thank goodness they bought out the deluxe with the demos :)I really don't think the remixes suit MJ's style at all

I love what the Team did with the songs.
So why not ;)

If they decide to release post Invincible tracks (like will.I.am or red one songs) i hope the original producers will rework them ;)

I love what the Team did with the songs.
So why not ;)

If they decide to release post Invincible tracks (like will.I.am or red one songs) i hope the original producers will rework them ;)
I forgot to say that i would also welcome back teddy riley. I think he did a really good Job on MICHAEL. And it wasn't his decision what songs are included. So i don't know why people are angry at him. Even if he believend that this is not MJ why should he go to the Media and say this? The estate would have never let him Work on a Michael song again...

A big YES!!! The album sounded FRESH and the songs and Michael's vocal were awesome. The entire project-release, promotion, production was done with professionalism and class. With Michael not being here to promote himself, I think that the Estate, LA Reid and others involved did a top-notch job. I hope/wish someone would let them know that there ARE fans who appreciate the Xscape project and look forward to others.

I think the remixes fit Michael's style very well. It didn't take anything away. The remixes only added to Michael's appeal. Thank God the remixes were done with class and respect to Michael.

YES!

Maybe it could be achieved that people like Michael Prince, Brad Buxer, Bill Bottrell, etc. could be used as consultants.
So they could give their insight & opinion on what MJ would do (and what not) in their opinion.

Probably not, i agree with those who say that producers who worked with Michael should be featured instead!

Probably not, i agree with those who say that producers who worked with Michael should be featured instead!

I really like Xscape - and I think they all did good. BUT i must agree with this.

Get the people who originally worked with MJ on the song back. - Like the song Xscape. - It's a masterpiece - truely MJ's vision IMO.

Certainly....simply because I think they done a great job,for me,Xscape sounds brilliant but I would also love input from the guys who have produced in the past with MJ....what's stopping quite a few of them getting together to see what they can come up with?

Their did a excellent job on Xscape so yes i would love to see them on future albums

No. Never. Nah.

Xscape was a crappy record, well the remixes at least. They sounded NOTHING like what MJ would have ever done, not that I could know that first hand, but his discography sort of gives that fact away.

If the original producers of the tracks had worked on them and tweaked them, I would be slightly more satisfied, but whatever!

I have mixed feelings on this. Whilst I quite enjoy much of the work on Xscape there are a handful of tracks which I feel miss the mark, in terms of sounding like choices Michael would've made.

In a hypothetical world where Michael was still alive and had decided to re-work these old songs with new producers, I do think Michael would've definately wanted to update his sound for 2014. I can imagine him liking the new versions of Chicago, Xscape, STTR and Loving You. However, Timbands production work on Blue Gangsta and DTKWYCA sound very un-MJ to me and I can't imagine Michael approving or giving the green light to some of the creative liberties Timbaland took upon himself to make with those songs.

Whilst I think Tim did a stellar job on Chicago and Slave, I can't help but feel that, as a producer, he doesn't really "get" Michael or his sound. And I can't help but wonder if Michael agreed. I mean did MJ ever express any interest in collaborating with Timbaland on anything? Tim has been a major producer in the industry since the mid-90s, and yet MJ decided to work with Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, will.I.am and RedOne and always seemed to bypass Timbaland and The Neptunes.

Certainly....simply because I think they done a great job,for me,Xscape sounds brilliant but I would also love input from the guys who have produced in the past with MJ....what's stopping quite a few of them getting together to see what they can come up with?
The problem is that the album would sound like a compilation and not like one work ;)
Sure the original producers would do a great job.

Back