X factor theme queen vs michael jackson special

I read a review overnight that said he was the best in the show. Hmmph. Don't agree. They also wrote about how somebody jumped on the stage when they were singing YANA. I was wondering why that judge was waving his arms around during the song. He was waving at security!!

I read a review overnight that said he was the best in the show. Hmmph. Don't agree. They also wrote about how somebody jumped on the stage when they were singing YANA. I was wondering why that judge was waving his arms around during the song. He was waving at security!!

Haha, it was Lee Nelson ;) a british comedian, it was set up.. lol! i'm guessing they took the piss out of the Brit awards stage invasion..

Haha, it was Lee Nelson ;) a british comedian, it was set up.. lol! i'm guessing they took the piss out of the Brit awards stage invasion..
haha. That's the first thing I thought about. Wonder how many people got that reference.

I didn't really dislike any of the performances. I think they all did very nice.

The best bit of the show was when they listed MJ and Queen's achievements - King Of Pop - 1 Billion records sold:clapping:

I really like WYBT.

But MITM - he didn't even sang the right lyrics??

Looking at iTunes uk the show reflected well on sales of number ones, essential and HIStory but didn't help Xscape.

Last edited:
Question. Didn't Alexandra Burke and Leona Lewis come from this show? And One Direction too? Or am I thinking of another British singing show? Whatever happened to Alexandra Burke and Leona Lewis-I saw them over here on a couple of shows, and thought they were great singers.

Yes, they all came from this show.

Fleur was easily the best as usual. She's ace and stunning. Like an early nineties Janet.

Lauren doing Mariah's I'll Be There was so predictable.

Paul was wasted doing Somebody To Love, he should have done MITM instead of Ben.

Jay was awful on Show Must Go On.

Hoping to see WYBT chart next week. One of Michael's best.

^ I was just about to say I was sruprised none of Queen's back catalog songs entered the Top 100, when Michael had two (WYBT is currently at 41# MITM is 76#. Queen have the new Let Me In Your Heart Again (William Orbit Mix) at 57#. It's the second time I checked today.

Fluer East's performance of WYBT is at 46#
Ben Haenow's of MITM is at 25#
Lauren Platt's of IBT is at 61#
Streo Kicks YANA at 30#

For Queen performances -
Andrea Faustini's Somebody To Love is #45

Source

Checked the albums:

Michael:

Number Ones is 35#
The Essential 41#

Queen:

87# Queen Forever
58# The Platinum Collection
63# Greatest Hits

I heard HIStory and Dangerous also did well, anybody have details and chart positions?

Tanks for the link etoile 37

I like all these tributes to MJ. -Sure no one can do the songs total justice and so what? They keep them alive, and when people wanna hear the real magical version of the song they go back to MJ's version.

All these tributes can and will only help MJ's Legacy and helps to keep his music recent and popular in the younger generations.

Guys, sorry as i said before i really do think that Stereo kicks done great jonb on harmonising and keeping it the same tempo etc as Michaels original, thought that Fleur is a very pale imitation of Janet (going on what someone said) I think she just does not have the power in her voice to carry off the power ballads. Not really sure who will win now, and other thing is Jay was not well so i think bit unfair to say he was aweful, he is usually brilliant. Plus think he should of done Michael song. BTW they said it was michael songs but in actual fact they where 2 MJ solo songs rest was Jackson5 or Jacksons.

Terry

UNITED KINGDOM

iTunes

Songs:

41. Will You Be There
71. Man In The Mirror
151. You Are Not Alone
156. Love Never Felt So Good

Albums:

153. Number Ones
194. The Essential
199. History - Past, Present and Future, Book I

Will you be There is a kinda obscure song. Happy to see it doing so well.
I guess a lot of people must be voting for Fleur.

UNITED KINGDOM

iTunes

Songs:

41. Will You Be There
71. Man In The Mirror
151. You Are Not Alone
156. Love Never Felt So Good

Albums:

153. Number Ones
194. The Essential
199. History - Past, Present and Future, Book I

Would love WYBT to break Top 40 again. A massive, poetic, emotional, pre-emptive, majesty of a song that only Michael Jackson could make.

WYBT and Who Is It - 2 of the best MJ songs ever made - and just 2 out of many reasons why Dangerous is - not only MJ's best album - but the best album ever released in the world !!!

WYBT and Who Is It - 2 of the best MJ songs ever made - and just 2 out of many reasons why Dangerous is - not only MJ's best album - but the best album ever released in the world !!!

And no-one can argue with that :)

Back