Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I think LNFSG will be Get Lucky-ish.

My thoughts exactly...The old school sound is coming back, it seems pretty popular...

If the old school sound is coming back I'm not gonna complain.

I think these listening parties also serve the purpose to see the reactions and opinions about the songs. Maybe those reactions and opinions will effect which songs will be chosen as singles and which will be the first single.

@OnirMJ

Why are You disappointed ?

I don't understand You

We don't heard the new mix of LNWSG, I trust Sony and Estate and I know they wil choose best song for first single.

STOP THE DRAMA AND START ENJOY :)

General public love old school MJ, so if the lead single is LNFSG as a nostalgic sounding MJ with a modern twist to it, then that could really get people interested in what else the album has in store, which, in my opinion, can only be a good thing.

Also if I remember correctly wasn't Michael's goal for his new album to be like Off The Wall with a modern twist? Dance floor fillers with killer melodies

@OnirMJ

Why are You disappointed ?

I don't understand You

We don't heard the new mix of LNWSG, I trust Sony and Estate and I know they wil choose best song for first single.

STOP THE DRAMA AND START ENJOY :)

I'm disappointed because you have songs like Slave To The Rhythm that can rule the charts, Chicago for which Timbaland says it sounds like "today", Do You Know Where Your Children Are.. all of which could become major hits.. and they chose Love Never Felt So Good (we haerd the vocals - nothing new can be done with that). It's not about the new mix, I'm sure it's great.. but the vocals are not (good enough or not as good as on the other songs).

Also you have Timbaland, Stargate & Rodney Jerkins as producers on this record. Go count #1 hits they produced. And then try searching for John McClain on google and see what you'll get.

I don't think the vocals on LNFSG are bad.

I'm disappointed because you have songs like Slave To The Rhythm that can rule the charts, Chicago for which Timbaland says it sounds like "today", Do You Know Where Your Children Are.. all of which could become major hits.. and they chose Love Never Felt So Good (we haerd the vocals - nothing new can be done with that). It's not about the new mix, I'm sure it's great.. but the vocals are not (good enough or not as good as on the other songs).

Also you have Timbaland, Stargate & Rodney Jerkins as producers on this record. Go count #1 hits they produced. And then try searching for John McClain on google and see what you'll get.

your hair is going to fall out pal. Why are you getting so wound up? It'd be an idea to wait to hear a song before you judge it. Otherwise you are only judging an idea of a song you have in your own head which is very silly.

Lot of negative nancys in this thread, a shame. I'm sure whatever the first single will be will be a good choice and if not is it really the end of the world... no.

We're getting another MICHAEL JACKSON album, I couldn't be happier.

It's funny because I haven't heard any negative comments from anybody in the listening parties regarding "not good enough vocals" for LNfsg. Just wait and see what unfolds you might be surprised.

@OnirMJ i know what you feel and i feel the same (we all know that STTR, Xscape and all the Jerkins and timbo things will sound cool and stuff and we want them NOW) but we should also keep an open mind and give that ol' pal McClain a chance and listen to what he did on this one (and as birchey said who knows there's maybe a new Vox take that we don't know about)

I think that we can hear full version of STTR(extended commercial) in upcoming week, dancer from this commercial tweet to me it will be "very soon".

I think that we can hear full version of STTR(extended commercial) in upcoming week, dancer from this commercial tweet to me it will be "very soon".

Sadly, time is relative. Hahaha.

As explained by those who attended the listening session and by L.A. Reid. All songs used were completed vocals - all verses and chorus. That was the only criteria for choosing the songs according to L.A. Reid. Not anything else.

The LNFSG was special for the fact , the song had piano, snaps and vocals on one track. ( there was no master track) What they did with that song according to the fans who heard it is amazing and was certainly a favorite among them. . Even those among the media listeners said it was a great song. So those who haven't heard it certainly can't speak to that or dismiss what has been stated. You haven't heard it..

Once again, they are going to release a single before the album is released, just as they told the fans who attended the listening session and meeting. What the song is and the release date is still a secret kept by these fans. The surprize element is still a very important part of promotion. (just as when MJ was here) They have great promotions lined up and ready to roll out. Right now is the lull before the storm so to speak. Plus the media and fan reviews from the listening sessions is the main promotion at this time . Its seems to be doing very well. The excitement is building.

Why use this phrase as long as we already you were there :D :D LOOOL

And Thank you for these words of course :D

And please make a review..Even point the he fav tracks...You can say their number if you don't want to say its name (as if we don't already know the names :D )

I really can't remember Rod Serling wanting to work with Michael, though/

He didn't...Michael used his samples. It isn't like he went out of his way to say "I want in on that guys record", considering he was long dead at the time. I also don't see what Rod Serling being on Threatened has to do with Tupac and someone stating "Michael told such and such he wanted to work with ______" with no proof to support the claim.

I mean, we have some sort of inception date for the rest of Michael's collaborations. We know he contacted BIG's label and asked for his feature on TTA, did the same for Unbreakable. We know he sought out Heavy D after he'd been featured on Janet's song. Yet, no type of anything that says he desired to work with Tupac. Why should this be any different?

Last edited:

He didn't...Michael used his samples. It isn't like he went out of his way to say "I want in on that guys record", considering he was long dead at the time. I also don't see what Rod Serling being on Threatened has to do with Tupac and someone stating "such and such said this" with no proof to support the claim.

Sampling Rod Serling is the same as sampling 2Pac.

PLEASE let there be a single release tommoro!!

MICHAEL SAMPLED ROD SERLING.

Michael never sampled Tupac while he was alive. LA REID did. So factually, logically it isn't the same.

But the idea behind it isn't any different.

Only now Michael isn't the one to do it. Besides, Michael used the sample on his record/song, this one will most likely end up just being a remix of the main song, so nothing to worry about if you don't like it.

Sampling Rod Serling is the same as sampling 2Pac.

No, it isn't. Changes is one of 2Pac's biggest hits. So to use his hit song to try to make a formerly unrealesed and unknown MJ track a hit is a very cheap PR trick and something that is below Michael's level. Michael's use of a verse from an obscure Biggie (actually Shaquille O'Neal) song that never was a hit or his use of words by a man who never even was in the music business is artistically a totally different decision and not a cheap shot at trying to elevate your song by using someone else's song that has already been a hit. Totally different matters artistically.

I can't see the single being released for sale next week but it may be released to the radio stations soon. Then will have a couple of weeks of airplay before being available to purchase. Probably a week or two before the album is released. But I am looking forward to it whatever track they choose.

If L.A. Reid said they took songs that had complete vocals, then I would have to imagine that LNFSG had complete vocals and it was an outtake.
Just because some fans (I haven't heard the leak of LNFSG) heard the leak doesn't mean, like Brichey mentions, that they used that particular leak for this song. There could be others that never leaked that were better. Just sayin' I'll just keep waiting

But the idea behind it isn't any different.

Only now Michael isn't the one to do it. Besides, Michael used the sample on his record/song, this one will most likely end up just being a remix of the main song, so nothing to worry about if you don't like it.

This "nothing to worry about" logic being used recently is incorrect. A person isn't allowed to speak negatively about a certain decision they may not like? We should just praise it, and if we don't like it, hey don't even mention it, keep your lips sealed....Please.

Artistically they're two different things, now had you said Michael sampled Biggie, that's different, but it still isn't the same because we know Michael actually admired the guy and his music and worked with him before. There's nothing that supports such a thing in the case of Tupac.

Back