Xscape General Discussion

[h=3]NEWS[/h]
[h=1]John Branca says “There’s definitely music coming” to Billboard Magazine[/h]
[h=2]<time class="published" datetime="2013-11-16" style="box-sizing: border-box; word-wrap: break-word;">November 16, 2013</time>[/h]
20131116-223931.jpg

John Branca, chairman of The Michael Jackson Company and co-executor of the Michael Jackson Estate talked about new Michael Jackson projects to Billboard Magazine:
“There’s definitely music coming, but I can’t reveal when we think it’s coming,” says Branca, who also declined to reveal whether any other Jackson-related projects are in the works beyond album releases. “Michael had a policy that we try to follow-not to talk about things until they’re ready to be released. We like to keep things under wraps until we’re ready to go with everything. We have ideas and things we’re working on, but nothing that we’re ready to announce.”

sources: LMJ, Billboard
http://www.legendarymichaeljackson....efinitely-music-coming-to-billboard-magazine/

Waiting..... :timer:

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

there's no point in just waiting for an announcement as it could be coming any day now, but eventually you'll get bored. on a second note, i sure hope McClain takes charge of this project. he's got the best decisions/ideas imo. and just listening to the 1989 demo of 'Dangerous' you get a feeling of how slave would sound if we got it on disc 2. would be awesome, the estate should go all out on this project. at least 12 song's, mostly unheard. 4 leaked would be okay if we got 8 never heard.

there's no point in just waiting for an announcement as it could be coming any day now, but eventually you'll get bored. on a second note, i sure hope McClain takes charge of this project. he's got the best decisions/ideas imo. and just listening to the 1989 demo of 'Dangerous' you get a feeling of how slave would sound if we got it on disc 2. would be awesome, the estate should go all out on this project. at least 12 song's, mostly unheard. 4 leaked would be okay if we got 8 never heard.

I bet we will hear nothing significant until spring, I hope I'm wrong though.
I agree with the amount of songs. But I don't know if McClain is that great. His decisions have at least been questionable in the past concerning posthoumus releases("harmonica", "bucharest crowd noise" added to MJ songs)

I agree with the amount of songs. But I don't know if McClain is that great. His decisions have at least been questionable in the past concerning posthoumus releases("harmonica", "bucharest crowd noise" added to MJ songs)

apparently we are getting the demo's too, if we are.. no one should complain.. but they may do if they use old song's and more leaked than unheard..

Last edited:

I actually like the harmonica and crowd noise on BTM. :blush:

apparently we are getting the demo's too, if we are.. no one should complain.. but they may do if they use old song's and more leaked than unheard..

Im all for it. Disc one - updated versions which will also be released as singles. Disc two - latest versions of MJ. But they shouldn't change a song/arrangement just for the sake of changing it.
About the harmonica: I agree it gives the song an additional "nostalgic/romantic" feel. But just yesterday I listened to both versions. And some beautiful instrumentation gets lost with the harmonica overdubs and the "feel" of the song changes a bit. So if I had to pick one version, I would pick the original one.

Last edited:

Im all for it. Disc one - updated versions which will also be released as singles. Disc two - latest versions of MJ. But they shouldn't change a song/arrangement just for the sake of changing it.
About the harmonica: I agree it gives the song an additional "nostalgic/romantic" feel. But just yesterday I listened to both versions. And some beautiful instrumentation gets lost with the hermonica overdubs and the "feel" of the song changes a bit. So if I could chose, I would pick the original version.

it would be great if they released 2 separate cd's & a deluxe edition huh? then we get to choose, you think they may go that way with this?

it would be great if they released 2 separate cd's & a deluxe edition huh? then we get to choose, you think they may go that way with this?

I hope so. 1-disc version for "normal" listeners (As a casual listener I wouldn't be interested in "dated" demos and I mostly don't care that it's untouched).
2-disc version for the fans.

Or maybe they could for 2-3 *gems* on the album include both versions on the same disc (one-disc version). One with cutting edge production :), 2nd version original/stripped back.
-Like OneRepublic does for example. They have the "pop" version and an acoustic one on the album. Same vocals, just different production. And I can't decide which one I like more!

Thinking about it, to "milk it" I would probably do something like this: release a standard version with mostly updated tracks. Some selected that sound very complete in their orignal form also featured on the same disc. After a few months, they could release a 2-disc deluxe edition to keep it on the charts, with more original material and let's say including the 3rd single (updated & original), which would not be featured on the first edition.
Once all planned singles are released, release a fan edition with the content of the deluxe edition + something extra (like Bonus demos, or original versions from "Michael" like Hollywood, BOJ, AD), and including the short films (if there will be) on a 3rd disc (bluray). Fan edition could also be something more expensive/artistic like the "cut-out first printing" version of dangerous.

Just some ideas...

Last edited:

I hope so. 1-disc version for "normal" listeners (As a casual listener I wouldn't be interested in "dated" demos and I mostly don't care that it's untouched).
2 disc version for the fans.

Or maybe they could for 2-3 *gems* on the album include both versions on the same disc. (one-disc version) One with cutting edge production :), 2nd version original/stripped back.
-Like OneRepublic does for example. They have the "pop" version and an acoustic one on the album. Same vocals, just diffrent production. And I can't decide which one I like more!

Another option would be if they would release a standard version with mostly updated tracks. Some selected that sound very complete in their orignal form also featured on the same disc. After a few months, they could release a deluxe edition to keep it on the charts, with more original material and let's say including the 3rd single, which would not be featured on the first edition.

Just some ideas...

if i were them i would release the Original & New versions firstly and then a few month's later, the deluxe version as you say.. but for a cheaper price than buying the two separately, hmm.. not sure! it's uncertain to judge how sales will be, people will be cautious after the 'Michael' album of course.

Can I pause, rewind for a second.. I am not sure if I missed something or fans are taking what we know further than what we actually know...

From my memory we were never told we were getting two discs, or demos of the tracks.. I remember specific demos per tracks were mentioned, I think two of them. That really does not mean we are getting the demos for all the tracks.. I would actually really doubt that, If a song sounds very similar to the demo there would be little to no point of putting both.. I think only a select couple will be on the album..

No we are just speculating for fun :)
According to Damien the concept is "then & now", so we assumed/hoped it would be two discs. But I wouldn't call the "then & now" fact, until we see an official press release I would treat it as a rumour.

My interpretation of "Then & Now" would be...

Music compilation of Michaels with tracks sounding like if it were released then.. (Tracks left to its authentic sound) and tracks that sound like they are released "now", either newer tracks that sound like it was released today, or older tracks that sound like they could be hits today..

Or simply they could just put the tracks in chronological order somewhat like "The Ultimate Collection" but on a disc.

My interpretation of "Then & Now" would be...

Music compilation of Michaels with tracks sounding like if it were released then.. (Tracks left to its authentic sound) and tracks that sound like they are released "now", either newer tracks that sound like it was released today, or older tracks that sound like they could be hits today..

Or simply they could just put the tracks in chronological order somewhat like "The Ultimate Collection" but on a disc.

i remember reading a separate quote different to the mention of blue gangsta & place with no name. i'll get it now.

''The new album, at this stage, will go with a &#8220;then and now&#8221; / &#8220;past and present&#8221; type theme, featuring both new remixes and original versions of unreleased Michael Jackson recordings.'' (from damien's article.) of course we can't take this as 100% factual, but still.. it's nice to know that it's a possibility.

Possibly some re-worked songs and some left demos? 1 disc but some are new others just left?

Give us a statement already!!!!

COME ON !!! - I wanna know something from official site!!!

Possibly some re-worked songs and some left demos? 1 disc but some are new others just left?

We'll see when the time comes but i think we are getting both versions, judging by that quote:
featuring both new remixes and original versions of unreleased Michael Jackson recordings.

Hess;3931598 said:
Give us a statement already!!!!

COME ON !!! - I wanna know something from official site!!!

This is not what you hoped for, but it is a start:)

michael bearden &#8207;@MichaelBearden 8h
Studio hang with fellow MJ alum Rodney Jerkins. (Dark Child)., All I can say is stay tuned! M~ #mj&#8230; http://instagram.com/p/g6uccAk583/

So MB is working in the studio with RJ on MJ related tracks.
Where does Timbo fit in? My guess he's not got control over the whole album after all....

Bubs;3931894 said:
This is not what you hoped for, but it is a start:)

michael bearden &#8207;@MichaelBearden 8h
Studio hang with fellow MJ alum Rodney Jerkins. (Dark Child)., All I can say is stay tuned! M~ #mj&#8230; http://instagram.com/p/g6uccAk583/

wonderful news! can't wait to hear what they'll be doing on these song's :) just hope the 2 disc rumour is true so i can buy me the deluxe edition :wild:

wow, great news. Michael Bearden was probably one of the last persons who knew what Michael wanted musically. Maybe he even heard in 2009 something we don't know yet.

And something different: Saw an MJ picture from the 90ies today that Arnie Klein is selling: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/klein31svt35foqa.jpg
So I made a quick album cover (work in progress) from it with the unreleased song bang your head. Who knows, maybe it will be on the forthcoming album. Among fans, it could be known as "the orange album" ;-)

Last edited:

^ I absolutely love that picture.

I'm glad Michael Bearden is working on A project, while we don't know for sure if it is the album or another project which has been hinted as well.. I trust Michael Bearden and his musical capabilities. MJ hired him in the first place for a reason, he has a great ear.

He's a music Director AND Producer, we don't know what roll he is playing but the fact he's in the studio with a fellow producer says a lot to me passed the fact music is coming.. Having 2 producers that have worked with Michael (yes to different extents but...) shows they are coming together, putting egos aside for an authentic MJ sound. Every producer wants there names on this project so to be willing to share the spotlight the way these two seem to be shows a lot.. Kind of reminds me of 'Leave Your egos at the door' with We Are The World..

I am really excited, though I know we probably wont hear much news until years end or top of next year.. I am holding on with so much excitement.

you guys think we'll get to hear the neff-u tracks on this record? and that song Michael recorded with snoop doggy dog? would be wonderful!

wow, great news. Michael Bearden was probably one of the last persons who knew what Michael wanted musically. Maybe he even heard in 2009 something we don't know yet.

And something different: Saw an MJ picture from the 90ies today that Arnie Klein is selling: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/klein31svt35foqa.jpg
So I made a quick album cover (work in progress) from it with the unreleased song bang your head. Who knows, maybe it will be on the forthcoming album. Among fans, it could be known as "the orange album" ;-)

i'd hope for such a cover. a rare/unknown picture for the public and a GOOD title.

you guys think we'll get to hear the neff-u tracks on this record? and that song Michael recorded with snoop doggy dog? would be wonderful!

Neff-U? I hope not. I don't like his producer skills, too ordinary. Nothing MJ about his skills, IN MY OPINION.

Neff-U? I hope not. I don't like his producer skills, too ordinary. Nothing MJ about his skills, IN MY OPINION.

why not? Michael worked with theron in his final years.. i'd love to own those tracks..

Snoop Dogg didn't work with Michael. He only recorded that charity record in 2005(?)

In all fairness to any producer, Michael brought the best out of every producer/writer/featuring artist he's worked with. So in all we cannot fully judge someone's work solely on what they did outside of working with him. I mean how many of us would initially say "NOOOO" like when fan base found out Shaq was going to rap on an MJ track? I know I'd say it's horrible and guess what I liked it.

In all fairness to any producer, Michael brought the best out of every producer/writer/featuring artist he's worked with. So in all we cannot fully judge someone's work solely on what they did outside of working with him. I mean how many of us would initially say "NOOOO" like when fan base found out Shaq was going to rap on an MJ track? I know I'd say it's horrible and guess what I liked it.

exactly, and these song's are considered as recent! would be great if all the song's michael finished with theron are featured on this next album imo!

and @dam2040 that's what i meant, i believe the song was titled 'i have this dream'? maybe it is finished..

Back