Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

It will most likely not leak when bought lol

Zakk;3933805 said:
well, we have been guessing titles and an original unreleased composition from 1999 has been put up for auction. we believe it to be a cd copy, some people say it was planned to be a duet with pavorotti! not sure if any of them are true but it is certainly from 1999! whatever the true title is, i'd love to hear it :) and i agree.. they should focus on pleasing fans as much as possible. of course i would love all unheard but we're already getting blue gangsta, and more than likely Escape :p as long as we have at least 6-7 completely unheard song's then i'll be happy! ready to see what they're coming up with. Branca did say ''New Music is coming'' if that's with the consideration of old leaks then we should all be happy.

''The Song is Called 'La Mia' & was recorded in June 1999'' :wild: http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/ItemImages/000012/dec13-599_med.jpeg titled june 18th 1999. With the writing ''Sony Corporation Tokyo Japan'' More Info:

''This is Michael Jackson's personal musical composition titled "La Mia" that was never released. The running time is approximately 3 minutes. Michael gave this recording to a close friend and personal assistant whose family was very close to Michael for many years, travelling all over the world with him. This CD with Michael's unreleased composition comes from this close friend's personal collection and comes with a letter of provenance from him. Also comes with a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity.'' so it's three minutes long, i sure hope the estate own this song. Otherwise, that'll be a disaster if i'm completely honest.

http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/Michael-Jacksons-Personal-Unreleased-Original-Com-LOT12131.aspx

Interesting! Much thanks for the link :) Part of me feels like the CD might be an instrumental, considering the fact that they used the word "composition" several times + they don't note that any vocals were present. Nonetheless, very intriguing!

StellaJackson;3933871 said:
Frank Cascio is behind this auction.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand there goes my excitement.

i think we should all wait until a clip is actually leaked to be completely honest, obviously the estate own the masters and they are working with people michael worked with before he died so they won't make the same mistake again. if it has vocals and the falsetto ain't a goat and i know it's Michael then there's no reason it shouldn't be released. we don't even know the full backstory either so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Because Cascio is behind it of course there is caution, but that is warranted. Was this recently found or something? Surely he would know/remember Michael Jackson gave him a song no one else has heard. He could've given it when the Estate came knocking in 2010.

i think we should all wait until a clip is actually leaked to be completely honest, obviously the estate own the masters and they are working with people michael worked with before he died so they won't make the same mistake again. if it has vocals and the falsetto ain't a goat and i know it's Michael then there's no reason it shouldn't be released. we don't even know the full backstory either so let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I think your a little confused. This auction has nothing to do with the upcoming album. It is a private auction for a piece of music on cd that Mj composed and gave to Frank Cascio. If it's bought, then it will be with a private collector, and has nothing to do with the estate or Epic/Sony whatsoever. They don't own, and likely never will own, this piece of music in any way whatsoever. Even if they did acquire it, they would never include anything on any future release that has the name Cascio attatched to it.

as i can understand, Cascio was "keeper" or "holder", not producer of this track. Cascio's track and Track kept by Cascio are TWO different things.

The description says that it is an unreleased Michael Jackson COMPOSITION -- implying that there aren't any vocals on it.

The title is in "Esperanto", the universal language used in the opening of the HIStory short film. is very interesting. (Lia = her) (Mia = my or mine) = My Girl ? Also being it was just copied on a CD and not even an original recording, the Estate may be in possession of the original, depending on who worked on it with MJ in 1999. It may just be an instrumental for fact they don't mention "song" at all and only musical composition. Bur seems odd MJ would compose 3 minute instrumental without laying down any vocals for it. I doubt we will hear it any time soon though. I do believe the seller is Frank Cascio, but he didn't produce any songs for MJ or release any fake MJ songs. This was a gift to him in 1999. He is not Eddie and I realise the name may bring suspicion but "common sense" tells me Frank would not try and pull something like that, not after backlash from fans over the prior songs. He want's to stay in the public eye and as we have seen he isn't comfortable with confrontation and controversy.

Ok guys, lets not derail this thread into a Cascio conspiracy discussion. Back on track. please.

Thank you for your cooperation and as always if you have any questions or concerns PM Admin and do not derail the thread by replying or discussing moderation actions on your posts or moderation requests on the board.

The title is in "Esperanto", the universal language used in the opening of the HIStory short film. is very interesting. (Lia = her) (Mia = my or mine) = My Girl ?

"La mia" has to be a short tittle to "La mia canzone al vento", with is italian and means "My song to the wind", the song that was supposed to be performed as a duet with MJ and Pavarotti in MJ&Friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAqxoOXXshc

"La mia" has to be a short tittle to "La mia canzone al vento", with is italian and means "My song to the wind", the song that was supposed to be performed as a duet with MJ and Pavarotti in MJ&Friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAqxoOXXshc

Thank you it could very well be "La mia canzone al vento", :)
but it says a MJ Composition leading us to believe he composed it.. Wish they would give more details ..

Just give me music....REAL music lol

Do you think the leak of "A place with no name" will effect the sales of the new album if the Estate was planning on releasing that song or will fans still buy it. I know it wont effect my purchase because I want them to release these songs to the world and i want the album to be a great success for for Michael.

"A Place with No Name" ~ "This song is like an escape from everyday life, it is a song where one is literally transported" Producer and co-writer of the song Dr Freeze talks about recording the song with Michael. The song is scheduled to be included on a new album of Michael's songs in the new year.

Q: You were playing in the studio or you went to Neverland?

Dr F: Yes, I went to Neverland, to relax and work. We worked a lot there. He had a studio at the farm. So he was working there and sometimes he would say: "Come, let's stop Freeze, go have some fun, go to the screening room, check out an attraction or you will walk in the zoo!" Neverland was a bit like a second home to me.

Q: I did not know you worked at Neverland! It's interesting because we do not have many details about the studio Neverland. It was a professional studio?

Dr F: Yeah, totally, had many professional equipment, Pro Tools, stuff like, you know

Q: Does he work alone

Dr F: Sure, Michael was unbeatable when we were working in the studio.

Q: Actually we know that he really could not play an instrument, so I always wondered if he was able to record anything on his own without the help of studio engineer or producer .

Dr F: He could do it all himself. You know, Michael was truly a "living instrument". He could play a few chords on the keyboard, it was going very well. He also knew programmed beats.

Q: Was the idea. "A Place With No Name" itself a kind of escape, a song where you just close your eyes to find yourself immediately in a wonderful world.

Dr F: Actually, this song was inspired by "A Horse With No Name" by America group. The lyrics of this song are very deep. I wanted to update it, make a version of the 2000s.

Q: You have obtained the rights to the band quickly? Did you ask permission?

Dr F: Ah yes, the American group loved the idea. They found this "update" absolutely fantastic. They were really excited about this project. Compared to what was leaked on the internet, many wonderful items were added to the song by Michael. It is more dense, very dense. Believe me, when you hear it! ..

Q: So you did not [change] it, it will appear as you had finished with him?

Dr F: The song will be released as the latest version in which we worked. It will be drastically different from the leaked (July 2009) and higher. Actually, this song is very cinematic in its form. It would have been a perfect song for a movie like Avatar, because it shows us a wonderful, weird world where people are different, but happy. This song is like an escape from everyday life, it is a song where one is literally transported"

Edited from full interview.

Facebook / UK Loves
MJ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...21185843.20499.116222408446161&type=1&theater

in a way its a damn shame the version being released isn't the leaked version. the song is absolutely perfect IMO.

Dr F: The song will be released as the latest version in which we worked. It will be drastically different from the leaked (July 2009) and higher. Actually, this song is very cinematic in its form.
-----------------------
So is the version that just leaked the "July 2009 version" or the "drastically different" one?

I believe this is the newer version. The leaked 2009 version was just mainly the chorus and not the full lyrics.

I wish people would stop leaking MJ music. It's despicable.
Also, I wish people on the MJ fan forums would not discuss them in public areas of the forum which can be indexed by search engines. We shouldn't want to publicise leaked music and make more people aware of them because they have the potential to harm official products. Each leak can devalue the worth of MJ's unreleased catalogue by reducing it's commercial potential.

I believe this is the newer version. The leaked 2009 version was just mainly the chorus and not the full lyrics.

no i think the full leaked one is the 2009 version and that there is an updated version michael worked on.

If it's "drastically different" then the leak is not it. The version leaked yesterday sounds like the full version of the 2009 leak. It's exactly the same.

Do you think the leak of "A place with no name" will effect the sales of the new album if the Estate was planning on releasing that song or will fans still buy it. I know it wont effect my purchase because I want them to release these songs to the world and i want the album to be a great success for for Michael.

Well, the fans' wishlists are already full of leaked songs we heard before, so...

I truly hope they have things that haven't been leaked yet but I'd buy any album that's 100% MJ music.

If it's "drastically different" then the leak is not it. The version leaked yesterday sounds like the full version of the 2009 leak. It's exactly the same.

I think you're right. The leaked snippet and the same snippet taken from the full song sound the same.
So I'll be happy to own both versions... Bring on the album, estate!!! (hopefully including both versions).

I wish people would stop leaking MJ music. It's despicable.
Also, I wish people on the MJ fan forums would not discuss them in public areas of the forum which can be indexed by search engines. We shouldn't want to publicise leaked music and make more people aware of them because they have the potential to harm official products. Each leak can devalue the worth of MJ's unreleased catalogue by reducing it's commercial potential.

Yeah, as much as we are dying to hear never before heard material I don't think it's a great thing that songs and concert footage leaks. Of course, I'm downloading it like the next person because I'm curious and I want to hear/watch Michael as well, but it's not good for potential future releases. When they put A Place With No Name or any other leaked song on a new album the same fans will be like "Meh, show us something new". But Michael is not here to create any more music, the vault is limited and if songs leak before an official release it also limits the possibilities of what can be included on future albums.

feel sorry for the estate, a place with no name is for sure a hidden gem. i just hope the fans won't react in a negative way and people do buy the album when it is released. it's my fave from the invincible sessions along with blue gangsta. i'll be buying everything from the project.. that's for sure. i just hope other fans do the same regardless of us having this gem now.

It worries me the leaks are occurring quite often, we're not gonna have new songs for future releases if people release the songs illegally. I loved A Place With No Name but I wish the leaks stopped.

It worries me the leaks are occurring quite often, we're not gonna have new songs for future releases if people release the songs illegally. I loved A Place With No Name but I wish the leaks stopped.

it's mainly about people debating whether to buy the album tbh, the estate have put time into this and i just hope people will make there work worth it

^^If the Estate release the versions as Michael left them, I sure will buy the album(s)! I couldn't care less about the remixes or re works.

People still bought The Ultimate Collection, didn't they?! Don't be too worried. If they put out an album of 10 already heard leaks, then worry but they won't and it will be very 'new' (I'm hoping anyway). Maybe even things we didn't know existed.

A Place with No name :wild: :wild:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Best song I've heard for a very long time!!

Last edited:

They could have given us this treasure already!
I am happy about this leak

I still hope its on the new album because we will get it in CDQ then, ya know

Back