Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I think it can be leak on 2-4th May. But please wait to official release :) ! It's only 2 weeks :) !

If the albums out May 9th I believe it'll leak 4th-5th May. Maybe slightly earlier depending on how "locked down" this whole thing is.

Haha if you don't want it to leak then they should take down the internet until the album is released :evil::kickass::shifty:

Albums very rarely "leak" prior to their release; rather, they are released officially overseas and someone who got it first puts it online.

Until now I think SONY and The Estate has done VERY well!

Announced the album - silence - small hints from the listening parties - silence - Track-list but only for Standard Edition revealed - silence

And at some point it will be like BANG - Huge promotion everywhere, then single and album is released and promotion with radio play etc. will be even bigger!!!

Well played

Don't forget Iheart Radio awards commercial!:wild:

If the album leaks before May 9th I won't listen to it :) I will wait.
How about you guys? Will you listen if the album leaks before May 9th...or will you wait like me? :p

or perhaps i was the loser will be the bonus track? that was written on Michael's handwritten notes in 2009.. other possibilities include Can't Get Your Weight Off Me (we're all wanting this song) and i'm guessing a few other's.. hopefully at least one post trial.. although i understand if they want to save some for the future.

I think they will save CGYWOM for a future release, especially if Jerkins has other tracks he worked on with MJ that are still unreleased.

I disagree. I think it's the most terrible unreleased demo we've heard lol. It really is. My sister and I always laugh at it when I play it, occasionally.

Really - MJ has made a song you think is so terrible you laugh??? ...

:ermm: :ph34r: :doh: :ph34r: :ermm:

If the album leaks before May 9th I won't listen to it :) I will wait.
How about you guys? Will you listen if the album leaks before May 9th...or will you wait like me? :p

I won't listen. I've already stopped listening to some online MJ radio stations because they play leaked material. Whether or not what they are playing is the final version, I don't care. I want it all to be a surprise- except for any officially released snippets/previews/promos/etc.

The excuse of "Well I had no choice because it leaked" is ridiculous. All it takes is a little self control.

Really - MJ has made a song you think is so terrible you laugh??? ...

:ermm: :ph34r: :doh: :ph34r: :ermm:

I laugh cause of the lyrics, its just very comedic. haha

OFFICIAL XSCAPE SHIRT

a3f6fc724f31fdc00b983e9c814b494c

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/store

It just dawned on me but the cover doesn't have Michael's name? I guess ppl can recognize the face of biggest star in the world right? :D

It just dawned on me but the cover doesn't have Michael's name? I guess ppl can recognize the face of biggest star in the world right? :D

Who's Michael?

15 days left..

Wait, you think CGYWOOM is too weak?

All we have is what, 4-5 seconds snippet?

I don't see how it does not fit the "tracklist" (how does something fit the tracklist?), if anything, LNFSG is the song on the album that doesn't fit as far as the songs we know.

Could you imagine MJ putting Escape and LNFSG on the same album? Nope!

You're talking about the same guy who put You Are My Life and 2000 Watts together.

Heal The World and In The Closet.

Little Susie and This Time Around.

He obviously didn't care for superficial thematic connections. All that mattered most was what the songs meant to him.

Not to be a kill joy or anything and don't take it personally Bumper but this thread is already hard enough to follow without those off topic bs.

Xscape To Vegas

The Estate of Michael Jackson and Sony Music are very excited to announce the launch of a contest today providing two lucky winners (and a guest) the opportunity for the ultimate Michael Jackson weekend in Las Vegas. The contest is open to fans in many countries worldwide, but not all. Due to local legal restrictions, residents in certain territories are not eligible to participate in the sweepstakes. However, all fans worldwide are welcome and encouraged to create a video and participate in the contest for fun, even if they are not a resident of a country in which they are eligible to win. Please visit http://vegas.michaeljackson.com for contest details and eligibility.

Good luck!

http://vegas.michaeljackson.com/#english

You're talking about the same guy who put You Are My Life and 2000 Watts together.

Heal The World and In The Closet.

Little Susie and This Time Around.

He obviously didn't care for superficial thematic connections. All that mattered most was what the songs meant to him.
I should've been more clear about what I meant: In LNFSG, he sounds so young, it's clearly early 80s. That style does not suit the songs we have on the album.

It's just out of place, mostly because the song is almost 2 decades older than most of the songs on the album

The man speaks the truth, Perfectly Mastered by Bernie Grundman to reach the audio sweet spot.

I should've been more clear about what I meant: In LNFSG, he sounds so young, it's clearly early 80s. That style does not suit the songs we have on the album.

It's just out of place, mostly because the song is almost 2 decades older than most of the songs on the album

I think you're completely right if the song's production would have been early 80's, but with the new production it might fit better even with his younger vocals.

Do you think the song that is revealed on the awards show will be available ex)iTunes that day? Isn't that what usually happens with other people when they release or reveal a new song?

I also want to say let's not worry too much about this and that. I know it can be hard because what happened last time but this time all signs are showing this is different now. There is always going to be negative reviews from somebody but it's more important what the majority thinks I feel anyways.

Do you think the song that is revealed on the awards show will be available ex)iTunes that day? Isn't that what usually happens with other people when they release or reveal a new song?

I also want to say let's not worry too much about this and that. I know it can be hard because what happened last time but this time all signs are showing this is different now. There is always going to be negative reviews from somebody but it's more important what the majority thinks I feel anyways.

I sure hope so. This event is on the Thursday, so maybe the single of the song will be available on the Monday, the 5th, as predicted earlier.

You would think that's how it works, right? It makes sense for the revealed song to be made available immediately after it's broadcast (especially to a large audience). So, I'm hoping that would be the case. I mean, say people like it and search where to buy the song and it's not available yet? Also, it's something to enjoy until the actual album releases! I like to think of it as a very tasty hors d'oeurves before the main supper. :chef:

I agree, although it's not 100% true. What they said 4 decades of music is not right, It's really 16 years (1983 - 1999). Also difference from Loving You is probably just 3 years and from Slave and Do You Know only 6 years. But the problem is MJ's voice (vocal style or style of singing) changed after 1985.

It depends how they processed the vocals in the song. For example the voice in SPEED DEMON Nero Remix is so deep and gritty that it could perfectly fit a more recent album. Just my 2cents and a half (V.A.T. included)

It depends how they processed the vocals in the song. For example the voice in SPEED DEMON Nero Remix is so deep and gritty that it could perfectly fit a more recent album. Just my 2cents and a half (V.A.T. included)

Speed Demon is also post 1985. On Bad album his voice was closer to Dangerous than to Thriller.

Speed Demon is also post 1985. On Bad album his voice was closer to Dangerous than to Thriller.

Ok, my bad. But, in Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' the voice is rather deep at moments, as well as some parts of Thriller. And to be honnest Billie Jean sounds deep enough too.

p.s. Even Get On The Floor contains deep vocals as well as the song Off The Wall.

p.p.s. I feel like dancing, who wanna come and dance with me? :naughty:

[youtube]xjZ1CzcK1GI[/youtube]

Last edited:

Great times...

Back