Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

double post sorry

Zakk;3988795 said:
My purchases for April/May 2014: BAD World Tour Milton Keynes 1988 Mint Condition Ticket, 'Forever, Michael' 1975 Sealed Vinyl & Michael Jackson's 'Xscape' Deluxe + Standard Editions (Keeping the standard one sealed). 4 additions to my ever growing collection, never to end. #TheKingNeedsToBeCelebrated! :D
was the BWT Milton Keynes ticket redeemed?:D

Allusio;3988826 said:
Well, there’re no Music stores in the city I live … and I know there'll be too many pirates CD copies in stores around the country. So no chance just to buy it :D
sounds like gangsta's paradise:ph34r:

was the BWT Milton Keynes ticket redeemed?:D

Nope, just unused and kept mint condition by the seller! It's arriving today I think! Will be keeping it in the envelope and putting it with my other mint condition items ;) hehe

Nope, just unused and kept mint condition by the seller! It's arriving today I think! Will be keeping it in the envelope and putting it with my other mint condition items ;) hehe

Have you thought about keeping them in camomille condition?

Please take the off-topic conversations to Xscape Valve. This goes for EVERYONE!

Have you thought about keeping them in camomille condition?

Nope, because then it would be stained! Plus, I'll be building a shrine once I'm satisfied with the amount of items!

Edit, Back On topic: Who's Xcited for the New song, May 1st?

I think this album will be brilliant and michael will be everywhere and number 1 again! At last!

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm excited and I'm trying to decide whether or not I should stay up and watch the show live. It will be on at 2.00 in the morning here, on a weekday, so yeah... But premiering a new / posthumous MJ release on an award show, possibly with a group of dancers performing to it, is a big deal and something I might want to experience "in the moment".

The iHeart Radio music awards should have been given to VH1 instead of NBC so that it can be aired in other countries as well and people can hear about the new single. :ermm:

Now I have to wait for May 5 and if not even then.. May 13. :timer:

I'll probably stay up. What time is it broadcasting? Any streams available?

Will it be possible to see the stream from Denmark?

Sometimes it is only available in some countries... - I really hope I will be able to see it live!

It starts at 8.00 pm ET. That corresponds to 2.00 am here in Norway and 1.00 a.m. in Scotland. The announcement of the awards state that it will "stream live on NBC". Not sure if that includes their official website, but I would think it does in this day and age.

Edit: Hess, there are ways to get access to online content that would normally be unavailable in your country -- google "hola" and look into getting the add-on for Firefox or Chrome.

It starts at 8.00 pm ET. That corresponds to 2.00 am here in Norway and 1.00 a.m. in Scotland. The announcement of the awards state that it will "stream live on NBC". Not sure if that includes their official website, but I would think it does in this day and age ;)

So that is 2 am in Denmark too! - That's quite late! - But I will no doubt watch it anyway!! :lol: - Luckily I have no plans next day, so I can just sleep a bit longer.

It starts at 8.00 pm ET. That corresponds to 2.00 am here in Norway and 1.00 a.m. in Scotland. The announcement of the awards state that it will "stream live on NBC". Not sure if that includes their official website, but I would think it does in this day and age.

Edit: Hess, there are ways to get access to online content that would normally be unavailable in your country -- google "hola" and look into getting the add-on for Firefox or Chrome.

It would be unlikely that the stream would be available outside the US.

Do you use Hola in Norway for American content? Seen bad reviews about it not working, slow, having to pay for upgrades and adware etc.

I don't know if there is live streaming available online or if it's available outside the US, but you can always check out iHeartRadio and listen online to a radio broadcast. Not as much fun, but it's better than nothing.

I use it on a weekly basis to watch US Netflix content from Norway and have successfully tried it with other sites as well. I've never had any notifications about having to pay for upgrades or anything like that and haven't had any issues with adware either, though that might be thanks to other measures I've taken to protect my PC and web browser.

The speed is no different from Norwegian Netflix, YouTube, etc. and is more than sufficient for streaming the HD content. The only thing that could be considered mildly annoying is that I sometimes have to reload the Netflix page a few times (and in very rare cases restart my browser) before it catches on to the region I want to access. But once I'm in, I'm in, and it stays on the desired region until I switch to another or restart my PC.

Edit: I use the addon with Firefox btw. I have no experience using it with other browsers.

I use it on a weekly basis to watch US Netflix content from Norway and have successfully tried it with other sites as well. I've never had any notifications about having to pay for upgrades or anything like that and haven't had any issues with adware either, though that might be thanks to other measures I've taken to protect my PC and web browser.

The speed is no different from Norwegian Netflix, YouTube, etc. and is more than sufficient for streaming the HD content. The only thing that could be considered mildly annoying is that I sometimes have to reload the Netflix page a few times (and in very rare cases restart my browser) before it catches on to the region I want to access. But once I'm in, I'm in, and it stays on the desired region until I switch to another or restart my PC.

Great. I think I'll give it a go then!

I can only find one stream online at the moment and it's about a second and a half out of sync with the audio, so that'll do if nothing else works.

I wish my local music store still had an online friendly search function. I would like to see if they will be selling the deluxe edition that includes the t-shirt & hopefully the poster also. Even though Michael isn't releasing it, I would still like another collectible for my collection!

This is the album review I noticed on iTunes UK - It says on there that there is a contribution from Mary J Blige and D'Angelo. So that pretty much must mean that is the bonus track?

[h=4]Album Review[/h]This second posthumous album by the King of Pop follows 2010's Michael. Executive produced by Timbaland, it sees a selection of previously unreleased Jackson songs reworked by in-vogue producers such as Rodney Jerkins, StarGate, Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon, and John McClain. The album, said to have a slick and contemporary sound, features contributions from Mary J. Blige, ?uestlove, D'Angelo, and the Time's Jesse Johnson. [This Deluxe Edition includes a second disc containing the original versions of the songs.] ~ John D. Buchanan, Rovi"

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/xscape-deluxe/id850697616?ign-mpt=uo=4

The deluxe edition also includes a DVD. :)

This is the album review I noticed on iTunes UK - It says on there that there is a contribution from Mary J Blige and D'Angelo. So that pretty much must mean that is the bonus track?

[h=4]Album Review[/h]This second posthumous album by the King of Pop follows 2010's Michael. Executive produced by Timbaland, it sees a selection of previously unreleased Jackson songs reworked by in-vogue producers such as Rodney Jerkins, StarGate, Jerome "J-Roc" Harmon, and John McClain. The album, said to have a slick and contemporary sound, features contributions from Mary J. Blige, ?uestlove, D'Angelo, and the Time's Jesse Johnson. [This Deluxe Edition includes a second disc containing the original versions of the songs.] ~ John D. Buchanan, Rovi"

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/xscape-deluxe/id850697616?ign-mpt=uo=4

False. Hot Fun is more than likely the bonus track given the amount of notice it's gotten since its "announcement," but still nothing is confirmed.

SO Hot Fun is pretty much confirmed then. Not bad news for me!

Don't be so sure anymore

The man speaks the truth, Perfectly Mastered by Bernie Grundman to reach the audio sweet spot.
Clever them putting the release date as the time on the phone or was it a magical coincident??

Great news but it is from RF so it's not a fact.

"Mariah Carey’s Still Untitled New Album NOT Coming On May 6th

I don’t know where Mariah Carey’s new album is, but it’s not coming out on May 6th. Postponed from last July 2013, the still untitled collection was scheduled in February for May 6th. A single, “You’re Mine,” was released to promote it. But now the album has been removed from all release schedules. Promo tie-ins for it have been upended.

One insider says it’s because DefJam is still clearing samples and guest stars. But who knows at this point? Mariah released two other singles and a fan club single in the last year, all of which were disappointments. Originally Randy Jackson was managing and producing, then the job skipped to Jermaine Dupri.

What’s going on? This is just a guess: continuing to patch together songs from various producers, as in the past, gets harder and harder. I’ve said this a million times: why, after 25 years, isn’t there an album of Mariah Carey singing standards, produced by a real producer (Tommy LiPuma, Richard Perry, etc). Carey is known for her Voice, yet the Voice never gets to sing real songs? It’s mystifying.

Will the album appear in the month of May? There’s no title, no marketing, nothing. This kind of surprise release worked for Beyonce last winter. It didn’t work quite the same way with Pharrell Williams, even though he has a hit hit hit single with “Happy.”

Here’s crossing our fingers for Mariah. The waiting is the hardest part!"

Double post. Sorry.

i don't think that Maraih would have been a competition.....

Friedman is just guessing. Like I said earlier there are rumors Mariah is planning a surprise Beyonce-type of release. But who knows really........ I also don't think she would be a threat. Even if she goes #1 it will likely be for a week. Her first single is a big flop and I just don't see her selling big numbers. But time will tell......

Back