Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I think in terms of how deep MJ's voice sounds or "Gritty" sound you need to take into account how Michael/Quincy wanted his voice to sound and possibly more importantly how it was recorded, what mic's were chosen etc

How will you listen to the album the first time? Alone or with someone?

I will listen to the album all alone the first time(s). Not even with my girlfriend. - She will propably distract me so I can't focus. :lol:

I wanna hear it very loud all alone so I can hear all the details, all the beats, the emotions, the vocals - I wanna let it sink in and get all the details! :)

So how will you hear it first time?? Alone or with someone??

edit:
I know BUMPER SNIPPET will listen to it on mute first time....

I will listen to the album all alone the first time(s). Not even with my girlfriend. - She will propably distract me so I can't focus. :lol:

I wanna hear it very loud all alone so I can hear all the details, all the beats, the emotions, the vocals - I wanna let it sink in and get all the details! :)

So how will you hear it first time?? Alone or with someone??

edit:
I know BUMPER SNIPPET will listen to it on mute first time....

Just me and the KRK R6 in the basement and i'll have a big billboard on top of the house saying i'm sorry neighbors call the army i don't give a f*****

and here's why i trust this man with Xscape

Not all mj vocal changes per album were his voice changing, a good amount was vocal styling to create a specific feel... Michael hid his deeper registers even in conversation I the early and mid 80s a lot.. There are registers used in off the wall that resemble dangerous vocals...

I'm off to bed.

If there are any news feel free to wake me up....

Speed Demon is also post 1985. On Bad album his voice was closer to Dangerous than to Thriller.
SD was recorded 1987 & the track was sped up %5
p.p.s. I feel like dancing, who wanna come and dance with me? :naughty:
Susie would like.

PS: look out for her 7" knife

PPS: also look out for Billie Jean. She could be jealous when both of you start to dance. (jealousy = pregnancy)

The first time I am gonna listen to it in reverse mode in mono.

There is already a post for "How will you first listen to the album" utilize it instead of cluttering this one.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but it appears that there will be two versions of the deluxe edition.
One is a limited edition softpack which includes a poster (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/xscape-deluxe-edition-softpack/701271)
And a normal jewel case (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/xscape-deluxe-edition-jewel-case/701820).

I'm buying both. + Vinyl.

Question... So many people are pre ordering the delux version. I wanted to know if there is any benignity of pre ordering it cuz I just planned to go to the store and getting it

KOPV - There is no need to pre-order. You can just go buy it! :chef:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but it appears that there will be two versions of the deluxe edition.
One is a limited edition softpack which includes a poster (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/xscape-deluxe-edition-softpack/701271)
And a normal jewel case (http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/pop-rock/xscape-deluxe-edition-jewel-case/701820).

Just a poster ? No t-shirt ?

I agree, although it's not 100% true. What they said 4 decades of music is not right, It's really 16 years (1983 - 1999). Also difference from Loving You is probably just 3 years and from Slave and Do You Know only 6 years. But the problem is MJ's voice (vocal style or style of singing) changed after 1985.

They didn't say that the album spanned four decades. They said that L.A. Reid had access to four decades worth of material, demos and finished songs.

Why do people pre-order anyway? :scratch:

Sometimes you'll get exclusives from it. I remember seeing on iTunes if you pre-ordered this One Direction EP last year, you'd get an exclusive track. Apart from that though (or if it's a limited edition item), there's not really any reason to pre-order.

If you're definitely going to buy it when it comes out, then why not I suppose? :)

Sometimes you'll get exclusives from it. I remember seeing on iTunes if you pre-ordered this One Direction EP last year, you'd get an exclusive track. Apart from that though (or if it's a limited edition item), there's not really any reason to pre-order.

If you're definitely going to buy it when it comes out, then why not I suppose? :)

Yeah, I figured there could be perks to it...I've never pre-ordered before, I just go to the store and by it on release day...Otherwise, it would be shipped a few days after release date and who wants that?! :D

The thin about pre ordering for me is two things.. If run the chance of it showing up late/ and I have to wait for the mailman lol! Is wake up and as Sao as target opens I get it.. We'll often I onto best but for mj product cuz for some reason I feel it's more official lol! But opening cd and DVD sales are generally cheaper at target!

I figured there could have been perks to it...I've never pre-ordered, I just go to the store and by it on release day...Otherwise, it would be shipped a few days after release date and who wants that?! :D

Yup, I did that for Bad 25! Walked over to the store after school and picked it up :D I pre-ordered Xscape on iTunes simply because I have some iTunes credit lying around, but I'm going to get it anyway, why not just pre-order it now so I get notifications of new songs? I won't pre-order a physical copy though, I'll just walk to the store and pick it up on 9th of May :)

Some shops though (apparently Amazon) will try and ship it a few days ahead of release date to get it to you on time. Sometimes it means you get it before the release date too. I wouldn't advise the official MJ shop though. Maybe it's because I'm in New Zealand and not America, but they take forever to ship things (on average 3 weeks, I pre-ordered Michael off there).

Yup, I did that for Bad 25! Walked over to the store after school and picked it up :D I pre-ordered Xscape on iTunes simply because I have some iTunes credit lying around, but I'm going to get it anyway, why not just pre-order it now so I get notifications of new songs? I won't pre-order a physical copy though, I'll just walk to the store and pick it up on 9th of May :)

Some shops though (apparently Amazon) will try and ship it a few days ahead of release date to get it to you on time. Sometimes it means you get it before the release date too. I wouldn't advise the official MJ shop though. Maybe it's because I'm in New Zealand and not America, but they take forever to ship things (on average 3 weeks, I pre-ordered Michael off there).

Yeah, actually, that's true about iTunes...I'll probably do that as well...But I'll buy a physical copy as well at the store...

When Bad25 came out, I actually did pre-order it (forgot about that), because I was in the Cayman Islands on the release day...Come to think of it, I'll be in the Cayman Islands AGAIN three days after this release...Funny haha

Anyway, super excited for this!

For pre-orders, I would still encourage others to use Amazon or Itunes if possible.

Although it was previously stated MJ.com reports their sales, there was no word on how the deluxe collector’s edition of Bad25 and/or the sales of the Bad25 documentary from Spike Lee (which was exclusive to MJ.com before being released on Amazon) charted.

MJ.com also suggests using Amazon or Itunes as well.

tricia70;3988559 said:
It just dawned on me but the cover doesn't have Michael's name? I guess ppl can recognize the face of biggest star in the world right? :D

This is fine however, the advertisements must have Michael name and the date of the cd's release to be effective.

Last edited:

I preordered mine on iTunes (deluxe) n will eventually buy a deluxe copy within the first week at target or best buy or somewhere.. Haha

I'll be listening with a friend the next day maybe as I think we are the only true fans (under the age of 25) here in Michigan. You'd be lucky to hear a song pass Thriller era played here sad to say, hopefully Xscape can change that cause Michael didn't.

7 days until new music! 15 days until new album!! woohoo!!!!!

My purchases for April/May 2014: BAD World Tour Milton Keynes 1988 Mint Condition Ticket, 'Forever, Michael' 1975 Sealed Vinyl & Michael Jackson's 'Xscape' Deluxe + Standard Editions (Keeping the standard one sealed). 4 additions to my ever growing collection, never to end. #TheKingNeedsToBeCelebrated! :D

Yeah, actually, that's true about iTunes...I'll probably do that as well...But I'll buy a physical copy as well at the store...

When Bad25 came out, I actually did pre-order it (forgot about that), because I was in the Cayman Islands on the release day...Come to think of it, I'll be in the Cayman Islands AGAIN three days after this release...Funny haha

Anyway, super excited for this!

I preordered mine on iTunes (deluxe) n will eventually buy a deluxe copy within the first week at target or best buy or somewhere.. Haha
This ^ !

Arklove;3988734 said:
Why do people pre-order anyway? :scratch:

Well, there’re no Music stores in the city I live … and I know there'll be too many pirates CD copies in stores around the country. So no chance just to buy it :D

Last edited:
Allusio;3988826 said:
Well, there’re no Music stores in the city I live … and I know there'll be too many pirates CD copies in stores around the country. So no chance just to buy it :D
c7b335be7cd37b9a1fa98af35ca2679285343daed0b31a377986904fc2ee8dd1.jpg

Back