Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

Yes, this is why he bashed Invincible after it's release, cause he didn't have `more songs` (more profit) on it.

That's why he wanted to release A FULL ALBUM with only his music.

That's why he didn't wanted to participate in the making of MICHAEL album.

That's why he's sad that he's mixing only 1 or 2 songs on this album. He didn't have any problem with `more producers` while working on Invincible, becasue he had more changes of getting more songs on it.

I don't like Rodney.

1. Give me the quote and the link.

2. A FULL ALBUM with only his music would be a dream. He is right. This is something Quincy Jones was talking back in the days. One producer should do the whole album. Not 6 different producers. The album should be a story, not a compilation of songs.

3. He wanted to participate in the making of MICHAEL album. He refused to work on the project that will contain fake songs.

4. He said something about working on this (MJ) album? Again quote and link, please. Maybe he had a problem, but MJ was in charge and MJ picked the songs and the tracklist. Rodney didn't have a say. He was young producer, of course he wanted as much songs on MJ album.

5. I like Rodney.

Or blocked worldwide.

Nope, it'd say the video is unavailable if that was the case. They did just what the message said: made the video private :)

Nope, it'd say the video is unavailable if that was the case. They did just what the message said: made the video private :)

Tim will do a great job. Not of fan of Jerkins. Bring on Chicago! It won't be long now...

Oooohhhh i so hope that Timbaland will do a great job, i have the highest expectations!

When in 2006 the 'Loose' & 'FutureSex/LoveSounds' albums were released, my dream & my imagination was that MJ would work with Timbaland for his great comeback album. I could hear MJ sing to this beats & even imagined him singing some of those songs..
And then in 2007 there were definitely rumors about MJ working with Timabland & also One Republic/Ryan Tedder..

So for me, this is almost a dream come true.
It's beyond sad that Michael isn't here to oversee everything, give his own strong input & have the final say. But that is impossible & we all know that.
So again, i have the highest expectations for this project, i hope Timbaland won't disappoint me nor you all.
I wish you all would judge the quality of the songs when they arrive. And that you all would take them for what they are: They are MJ's songs, MJ's melodies & MJ's stories/words & they are finished for him by someone else to fit 2013 standard. And i hope for a high quality 2013 standard - because Daft Punk, Justin T. & Bruno Mars are showing that their can be a quality standard also in modern times. Not everything new is bad & not everything from the 80's or 90's was great music & great quality standard. We tend to exaggerate on this "there's no good music anymore".
And Timbaland provided some great modern classics with his productions of Aaliyah, Missy, Nelly Furtado, Timberlake, One Republic. I mean i couldn't imagine my youth without "Try Again" or "Are You That Somebody" nor i wouldn't want to have missed the summer of 2006 with that GREAT Nelly Album & later Justin T.

As i said before, the melodies come from Michael, that can't be changed & to MJ the melody was the most important thing. He also took songs from 80's sessions & gave them a modern sound to release in the 90's. He's just not there to do it now & i think he would be fine if Timbaland was doing just that. Timbo has to work his butt off & deliver some of the best beats & sounds he has ever delivered - if he does that, this will be GREAT music.

And the door for a demo collection with all songs as MJ left them is never closed. There will come a time when we'll get all the demos in there original form.

Last edited:

timbaland produced some rly outstanding albums.
when i think of 2006, nelly furtados "loose" and JTs album come to my mind immediatelly.
also his Shock Value I album has some nice songs, which would fit MJ perfectly.

hopefully the release of "chicago" doesnt take too long.

I really hope they are far along in the project and we see a release this year!

No statement today it seems....

I almost wish that timbaland video "leak"was today.. They have to go public about it soon.. People know about it already

:yawn:.........................

:yawn:.........................

Or >>>>
emoticons_487_0484.gif

Anyway, it should be clear by now, this release contains re-worked and "updated" versions of songs Michael worked on previously with various producers, spanning a few decades.

I hope all the songs were not originally released on other Michael Jackson albums. I think this album needs to be as close to a brand new studio album as it can be since Michael is not here.

could someone give me a summary of the news? and is their any statement from the estate as of yet? i really wanna hear chicago 1945.. gonna make a playlist for smooth criminal (single) and have the 3 evolutions on there, woooo! so excited for this. im addicted to 20/20 experience right now. strawberry bubblegum is the song of the year imo, genius sounds and lyrics! bring on the cd.... i just hope they are unreleased song's and not just old song's re worked :/ keeping hopes up though.. :)

I hope all the songs were not originally released on other Michael Jackson albums. I think this album needs to be as close to a brand new studio album as it can be since Michael is not here.

He NEVER said that the songs would be already released ones. He simply said they were previously worked on!

Can't wait for this now ! Really hope we get a great album filled with unheard gems. Hoping to hear something from the estate soon. My one wish would be that, A Place With No Name is on this new album.

I am actually excited for the album--seeing as how Timbaland is working on it. (He worked with Aaliyah) and because of the Freddy Mercury/MJ duets! I just hope it doesn't turn out like the 'Michael' album.

Everyone in this thread knows the full Timbaland interview already came out right?

angfw5.gif

I said something about Timbaland? :bugeyed My gif refers to the new album (this thread is about the new album -_-) and not on Timbaland..... :coffee:

Some people get stressed by anything. :sigh:
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

Last edited:

angfw5.gif

I said something about Timbaland? :bugeyed My gif refers to the new album (this thread is about the new album -_-) and not on Timbaland..... :coffee:

Some people get stressed by anything. :sigh:
tumblr_mdxt67va7v1qh7ov5o2_r1_250.gif

Huh? I was just pointing out the full video was out because there were two threads. What'd you think I meant? Sheesh .. sensitive much

hey guys, come on.. their's no need to be rude. ashtanga he/she mentioned timbaland as he was the one who confirmed he was working on the new cd with l.a reid through that video! and arnspecs, it's her/his opinion of course. i'm just looking forward to the new song's! so excited :)

I can't help but think out of the entire year now would be the best time to make an announcement, right after his bday when everybody is playing and talking about his music. If I was the estate I would make an announcement this coming week, release slave to the rythym a week later (now that people are talking about this song) as the first single then release the album late November. Who knows maybe they will make an announcement this Tuesday! Ya never know..

I can't help but think out of the entire year now would be the best time to make an announcement, right after his bday when everybody is playing and talking about his music. If I was the estate I would make an announcement this coming week, release slave to the rythym a week later (now that people are talking about this song) as the first single then release the album late November. Who knows maybe they will make an announcement this Tuesday! Ya never know..

Yeah ! If they announced it in September, released a hit single roughly a week after the announcement, followed by the release of Michael and Freddie's duet in October-ish (which has already been confirmed), MAYBE one more hit single and have the album released in late November, I'd like that :)

For the 'Michael' album the estate started releasing details to the media in July when it was originally scheduled to come out in November so going by this I would expect to get more details about the album sooner rather then later.

For example these articles were released in July 2010:
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/30/michael.jackson.album/index.html and http://www.today.com/id/38488292/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/michael-jackson-album-feature-new-songs/

Back in 2005-2008 I made an album fact sheet that circulated a lot.. Can someone help create a new album/project fact sheet so we can see what we really know and have heard? I honestly have not paid close enough attention to know if I've overlooked things/clues to make it by myself..

I guess I was much more active then

I think if one of the MJ/Freddie tracks were to be released, why not do it in November around the anniversary of Freddie's passing? Maybe have a cd single release for it (like The Estate/Sony did with I Just can't Stop Loving You from Bad25), and have part of the proceeds go to charity?

I'm all for Slave To The Rhythm (MJ's version, not the fake version from Satan's mini-me) to be released on radio, and with a decent video. I think the song could do very well in the clubs, and could take a run at the top of the charts.

Back in 2005-2008 I made an album fact sheet that circulated a lot.. Can someone help create a new album/project fact sheet so we can see what we really know and have heard? I honestly have not paid close enough attention to know if I've overlooked things/clues to make it by myself..

I guess I was much more active then

Here's one that I put together in like five minutes haha. I may be missing some details.

• Dr. Freeze said in January 2011 that "A Place with No Name" and "Blue Gangsta" would appear on the next album (although this could have changed over time), confirming his involvement in the project.
  • Production for the album started no earlier than November 2012 and no later than February 2013.
  • Michael Prince has confirmed on Instagram that some "unknown gems" were found in a number of unsearched hard drives taken from Michael's house in the days after he passed away.
  • Timbaland was approached by L.A. Reid to produce music for the project.
  • Timbaland expressed his desire to have "Chicago" (which may or may not be a reworking of "Chicago 1945") released as the lead single.
  • Timbaland has worked on several tracks.
  • Michael Prince and Brad Buxer have hinted at their involvement.
  • In spite of claims from his brother Fred Jerkins III, Rodney Jerkins has said that he is not involved with this project.
  • Teddy Riley is not involved with this project.
  • Al Berry recorded a bass layer for at least one song.

come on announcement!!!

Maybe Monday or Tuesday?

Back