Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

I'm not really worried about chart success with unreleased material, however i think it is VERY likely that this album is going to get a lot of air play.
the 3 biggest songs of the summer (maybe even this year) (arguably) are Treasure by Bruno Mars, Get Lucky by Daft Punk, and Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke, ALL of which are HEAVILY influenced by MJ... So i wouldn't be surprised if it had a few hit singles.
More like oldies influence. Blurred Lines is very much like Got to Give It Up by Marvin Gaye. Treasure sounds like late 70s MJ definitely and Get Lucky I think is more than just an MJ influence. It would be awesome if MJ did get some chart success...

News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

That's not true. MJ always had the final say.

Nope, one week before the official release 4 tracks were replaced by Sony. One of the original songs to be on the track list was 'Shout'.

According to them, those original four were too weak to be on the album. 'Shout' was replaced by 'You are My Life', for example.

The source of all this was the website 'Planet Jackson'.

Michael generally drove the ship.. By invincible Sony and him did not see eye to eye. And in that case sony got there way.. From which singles to release to the order they are released.. They slapped shout on the b side of cry ad called it a day.

You know sony issues with Michael were tied financially, which Sony basically didn't want to spend anymore. Well much less than what Michael felt like it needed..

I'm not sure if swapping out shout for you are my life was truly not mjs move but... He must have loved the song to basically dedicate it to his children.

Not even the captain makes 100% of the decisions.

In my opinion, Invincible didn't do as well as the public thought it would because of Sony. They really didn't let Michael have any say in pretty much any aspect of the album. Their choices for single releases were terrible (Unbreakable would have undoubtedly been the best choice for a first single, while Whatever Happens and Speechless should have been subsequent releases) and promotion was practically non-existent. The only promotional treks I can remember were Michael's album signing in New York City and the 30th anniversary shows. Otherwise, the album came and went practically unnoticed.

I do know that Michael loved Shout and wanted it on the album, although it was eventually replaced with You Are My Life. Ultimately I understand the decision -- Michael's children were very important to him and that song was more of an ode to them than anything -- but Shout is an absolutely phenomenal track and a groundbreaking one at that.

Nope, one week before the official release 4 tracks were replaced by Sony. One of the original songs to be on the track list was 'Shout'.

According to them, those original four were too weak to be on the album. 'Shout' was replaced by 'You are My Life', for example.

Is there some kind of book or something about what really went down during the invincible days? I heard something about MJ scrapping a whole album because sony wasn't satisfied. I bet there is alot more beneath the surface than we know.

Incorrect. The track list was set and publicised several weeks before the album release. Shout was the only track that was replaced at the last minute because Michael fell in love with You Are My Life and recorded it, putting it in place of Shout.

Again, the only change made to the tracklist in the final weeks was Shout replaced You Are My Life, and Don't Walk Away and Privacy were swapped round in the song order.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'M DYING INSIDE!

MJ Estate, please make a statement about an MJ project soon! When they announce an upcoming posthumous album, I will jump and shout in joy! I listen only to Michael Jackson's music everyday of my life since 2006. Michael's music is my life, so this next release of unheard treasures means a lot to me. When this album comes out, I have more new MJ songs to show off in public when I go MJ sound tripping with my MJ friends in public. I like to show off MJ's music in public and I always bring a portable speaker with me. I live in Asia. :)

It definitely looks like sony was deliberately sabotaging the invincible album and ppl why wonder why mj did that speech bout sony/ tommy mottola , poor mj he couldnt get a break :(

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'M DYING INSIDE!

MJ Estate, please make a statement about an MJ project soon! When they announce an upcoming posthumous album, I will jump and shout in joy! I listen only to Michael Jackson's music everyday of my life since 2006. Michael's music is my life, so this next release of unheard treasures means a lot to me. When this album comes out, I have more new MJ songs to show off in public when I go MJ sound tripping with my MJ friends in public. I like to show off MJ's music in public and I always bring a portable speaker with me. I live in Asia. :)

Your wish has been granted! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk1fhSuWBhA

Did some fan put this together? How do we know he's talking about an mj project??

Are you serious? Aside from the fact it's on the channel he announced Magna Carta on etc (diddys channel), it's intercut with MJ video and he talks about Chicago 1945 as the lead single.

Are you serious? Aside from the fact it's on the channel he announced Magna Carta on etc (diddys channel), it's intercut with MJ video and he talks about Chicago 1945 as the lead single.

Wow my apologies I missed the part about Chicago 1945. The lead single!?!? Awesome!!

Hahahaha, Rodney Jerkins' work on that track for INVINCIBLE (the song was intended for BAD first) is completely DISMISSED.

Anyway, it should be clear by now, this release contains re-worked and "updated" versions of songs Michael worked on previously with various producers, spanning a few decades.
Rodney Jerkins probably wanted too much money, that's too bad for him.

Last edited:

Hahahaha, Rodney Jerkins' work on that track for INVINCIBLE (the song was intended for BAD first) is completely DISMISSED.

Anyway, it should be clear by now, this release contains re-worked and "updated" versions of songs Michael worked on previously with various producers, spanning a few decades.

This is like a kick in the balls for him! :rofl:

Wow my apologies I missed the part about Chicago 1945. The lead single!?!? Awesome!!

If it follows the ay they did the Magna Carta interviews there should be a full timbaland interview soon so we'll get the full details on how many tracks he worked on etc.

Pretty sweet!

From the info so far it seems like the tracks might mostly come from those invincible sessions .. and that they've all been handed over to timbaland maybe? I remember readiing MJ re-recorded the vocals etc for Chicago 1945 during the Invincible sessions

What?! The video is private? :/

We don't know that. As far as we know, he could just "polish it" to a certain sound they are aiming at.
For example, the released Hollywood Tonight song also incorparates elements from the version produced by Neff-U.

Just give me a date!

Wanna go out with me? :p

PTY is also taken down. I don't think it has anything to do with the album.

Which song is PTY? So why are they taking it down if not bcos of new album?

Pyt....

This new album is great news.

POSITIVITY IS CONTAGIOUS. Lets spread it.
This is going to be a good release :)

If it's true, then it is so sad. I don't think it's about money though. Just like they replaced Neff-U with Teddy Riley on Hollywood - it was not about money. Rodney is a great guy, he would do anything for MJ. Rodney worked on the song with MJ - he should be the one to finish it!

If it's true, then it is so sad. I don't think it's about money though. Just like they replaced Neff-U with Teddy Riley on Hollywood - it was not about money. Rodney is a great guy, he would do anything for MJ. Rodney worked on the song with MJ - he should be the one to finish it!

Yes, this is why he bashed Invincible after it's release, cause he didn't have `more songs` (more profit) on it.

That's why he wanted to release A FULL ALBUM with only his music.

That's why he didn't wanted to participate in the making of MICHAEL album.

That's why he's sad that he's mixing only 1 or 2 songs on this album. He didn't have any problem with `more producers` while working on Invincible, becasue he had more changes of getting more songs on it.

I don't like Rodney.

Back