Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

getting so impatient!!

My wish list for the album:
Slave To The Rythym
Chicago
She Was Lovin Me
Place With No Name
Escape
Will.I.Am and Redone tracks (if at least 80% completed.

hope it's announced soon! wanting something to look forward to, sounds like its gonna be a great Record from the looks of thing's! dying to hear A Place With No Name especially. sounds beautiful!

a freaking announcement is necessary NOW!

They really like to keep us hanging

They really like to keep us hanging

"Hey look at those guys waiting for the new MJ album. Let's make them wait for another week!" :D

It's obvious that something's in the pipeline and I hope we get an announcement soon, but it could be months before they announce anything.

It's obvious that something's in the pipeline and I hope we get an announcement soon, but it could be months before they announce anything.

it shouldn't be too long now. the Timbo interview was conducted in July of this year, and he said he'll have it done by years end! maybe by the end of this month we'll hear something more about this project.

A friend of mine told me that "Shut up and dance " on the upcoming project !

No offense but how would ur friend know what songs are going to be on the album??

What Invincible era songs do we know of that didn't make the Invincible album from 1998 - 2003 also were any songs done in 2004?

I wanna know too, where's the proof that this "friend" of yours has information like that?

Shut up and dance barely has any vocals, so I don't think they would include it. Well, according to joe vogel anyway.

Last edited:

I remember they did a trademark for something like that.. Or was it "If you've got it, bring it" something like that anyways..

Come on, announce something! But he said it'd be done by the end of the year. This might be the mixes. The album might be nowhere near ready as he wants to work on it properly? Just thinking out loud?

Shut up and dance barely has any vocals, so I don't think they would include it. Well, according to joe vogel anyway.

He didn't say that. He said it has less vocals than Hollywood Tonight but he also said that it was considered for MICHAEL album and he said that it can easily be released as a first single from next album because it is a great song.

He didn't say that. He said it has less vocals than Hollywood Tonight but he also said that it was considered for MICHAEL album and he said that it can easily be released as a first single from next album because it is a great song.

A lot of people know a lot of different things, it seems. I honestly don't see the point in predicting what's releasable what's not when we had no idea what some of the Bad 25 songs were. They'll put out some great MJ vocals. That is for sure, I guess that's all we should be waiting on!

He said it to someone in one of the comments on one of his articles.

He said it to someone in one of the comments on one of his articles. I read it.

A lot of people know a lot of different things, it seems. I honestly don't see the point in predicting what's releasable what's not when we had no idea what some of the Bad 25 songs were. They'll put out some great MJ vocals. That is for sure, I guess that's all we should be waiting on!

boom. right there, I don't listen out for instrumentals.. I listen to Song's because Michael has layed bad ass vocals on them! he is a genius and his voice is an instrument, I love the aggressive side of his voice too! i'd like 6 agressive and up temp Song's and 4-5 ballads! just my preference but I'll never complain! Michael's gifts mean too much to me :) I wonder if they'll be a bonus track (demo)? like on Bruno Mars' treasure album? might be wishful thinking but I'd love it

OnirMJ;3901128 said:

Taken directly from the comments on his article;

I don’t think we’ll get “Shut Up and Dance” as an official release. The music is perfect, but sadly, it was one of those tracks Michael and others just figured they could lay down vocals for once the new album was closer to completion. The vocals aren’t even as complete as “Hollywood.” Too bad…it’s a killer dance track. Would have likely been the lead single on Invincible.

http://joevogel.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood/#comments

Never mind.

Last edited:

"Hey look at those guys waiting for the new MJ album. Let's make them wait for another week!" :D

More like another year!! lol

Here's one that I put together in like five minutes haha. I may be missing some details.

• Dr. Freeze said in January 2011 that "A Place with No Name" and "Blue Gangsta" would appear on the next album (although this could have changed over time), confirming his involvement in the project.
  • Production for the album started no earlier than November 2012 and no later than February 2013.
  • Michael Prince has confirmed on Instagram that some "unknown gems" were found in a number of unsearched hard drives taken from Michael's house in the days after he passed away.
  • Timbaland was approached by L.A. Reid to produce music for the project.
  • Timbaland expressed his desire to have "Chicago" (which may or may not be a reworking of "Chicago 1945") released as the lead single.
  • Timbaland has worked on several tracks.
  • Michael Prince and Brad Buxer have hinted at their involvement.
  • In spite of claims from his brother Fred Jerkins III, Rodney Jerkins has said that he is not involved with this project.
  • Teddy Riley is not involved with this project.
  • Al Berry recorded a bass layer for at least one song.

:fear:

Jw224;3901146 said:

I don’t think we’ll get “Shut Up and Dance” as an official release. The music is perfect, but sadly, it was one of those tracks Michael and others just figured they could lay down vocals for once the new album was closer to completion. The vocals aren’t even as complete as “Hollywood.” Too bad…it’s a killer dance track. Would have likely been the lead single on Invincible.

http://joevogel.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood/#comments

Awww man :( Why not just add it on the end of the album anywhere as mostly an instrumental track ? Add the vocals Michael has recorded, but leave it mostly instrumental ? They can talk about how MJ recorded little vocals for it in the booklet, but that it was too badass to not release :p

i'd think they'd wait until the AEG trial is done and over with to announce any kind of release.. i DEFINITELY hope i'm wrong tho!

Jw224;3901146 said:

Thanks. I remember reading that some time ago, but he never said "Shut up and dance barely has any vocals". He said: "The vocals aren’t even as complete as “Hollywood.”.. If Hollywood is 70% I would say this one is 50-60%. That is one or two verses and a chorus, maybe some harmonies and background vocals too. Meaning releasable in my opinion, maybe as a duet.

He also said: "it’s a killer dance track". If the track were not so good, they would not bother, but if it is so good.. I'm sure they will find a way to release it.

I personally would love the more recent work of Michael on the next project, I just don't know what would really go down.. For example Will.i.am has gone back and forth about if he'd release that work.

Will.I.Am</SPAN></SPAN>
* Have at least 4 songs together
* 3 of 4 songs confirmed completed
* Song titles known (I'm Dreamin')
* The 4 songs, 2 written by Will.I.Am, 1 by Michael, and 1 together
* One song is featuring Will.i.Am
* Said to be 'feel good' music "Off The Wall for today's generation"

Akon </SPAN>
* Recorded with Michael Jackson for the new album
* Said the sound of the album (they were working on at the time) is 'pretty amazing'

John Legend
* Submitted music to Michael but no info if it was ever recorded

All these people have worked or cmailed to have worked with Michael on projects in the mid 00's

* Neff-U - been seen and claimes to be working with
* Charles 'Big Chuck' Stanton - claimes to be working with MJ
* Teddy Riley - stated to be working on the album (Might only be what we've heard)
* RedOne – said to be working on the album
* Rodney Jerkins - noted to be working on Michaels album
* Sean Garrett - attatched his name on the project in mid 00's
</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

There's a lot of more recent music that we could be hearing.. we really could have a full album of music that Michael recorded post Invincible.

I can't forget to mention songs he worked on or planned to work on.. Could be both but..

Lady Of Summer
Silent Spring
Shut Up And Dance
Rock Tonight
Adore you
Too late to turn back Now
D.I.E.
The Loser
Bottom Of My Heart
Dark Lady
H20
Can't Stop Town you? (that's how I read that)
Coco Butter
You Were There
Beautiful Girl
Is She Coming Back (looks like a word after that)
Scared Of The Moon
Cheater

There are couple other things written down that i cannot read but.. Think about it if even 50% of what's on the last has decent amount recorded thats 9 tracks.. And not including all the work he's done post Invincible..

I would personally like to see a full album of all newer recorded music 2001-2009.. And a second album (albums at least 2-3 years apart) of music from demos and unreleased tracks from 2000, 90's, 80's.. This project with producers to update sound if needed.. The only time a track should be put as a duet is if not enough vocals were recorded to make a full song.. All others like STTR should be left alone..

i think they should really stick to one ERA this time.
the michael album was a mess regarding this..

my guess is, we will get to hear the shelved 1999 album tracks and/or all the vince outtakes, which would be quite much. i bet there are also some tracks, we never heard b4 (like on bad 25th).

personally id prefer everything post vince, especially the last few years. with around 12 songs at least..

regarding the release date, i think timbaland must have finished his tracks already.
he postponed his own album and missy elliotts album not without a reason...both were planned for a july/august 2013 release, both have no release date anymore.
also some sources claim, he did the final touches in july:
http://sutbeattalks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/timbaland-is-getting-ready-to-put-out.html?m=1
http://www.timbalandthursdays.com/2013/07/timbaland-and-the-king-of-pop/

That's very unlikely. Joe Vogel did say that Shut Up and Dance was majorly incomplete. A fan once asked him if it was at least as complete as In the Back and he responded with something to the effect of, "In the Back at least has scatting where the lyrics weren't written." I don't think we'll be seeing that.

What Invincible era songs do we know of that didn't make the Invincible album from 1998 - 2003 also were any songs done in 2004?

During the Invincible era (1998 to 2003), my research has brought forward roughly thirty songs that remain unreleased and unleaked; with released and leaked songs included in the dais, the final number is around forty. This doesn't mean, of course, that they all have enough vocals to be released. Additionally, I have a list of 68 songs that do exist in some capacity but lack a confirmed date of creation. Any one of them could be Invincible tracks as far as we know.

Considering the fact that Michael was preparing to go through a criminal trial in 2004, I highly doubt that any music was produced at this time.

Below are a few little additions and confirmations to the list that KOPV made:

• Michael Prince/Brad Buxer - worked with Michael on and off between 1995 and 2009. (Buxer temporarily left the team in 2008 to pursue his job as a pilot, though Prince stayed as a member of the This Is It team.) The trio are known to have numerous tracks recorded in studios, hotel rooms and basements.
  • will.i.am - after several weeks of phone conversations, collaborations first started in late September 2006. Over the next few years, the duo worked on eight song sketches, three of which (including "The Future" and "Miss You") became finalized recordings while a fourth ("I'm Dreamin'") is mostly complete. Two other tracks ("If We Still Love" and "Can You") are known to exist in some medium, although they are more than likely incomplete.
  • Akon - began working with Michael in late 2007. They worked on several songs, although only one, "Hold My Hand," was completed. Their other recordings are mostly improved vocal sessions where they worked on choruses and melodies.
  • Neff-U - began collaborating with Michael in 2005. They worked on no less than a dozen songs together, including Best of Joy, D.I.E. and Lady of Summer, all in various states of completion.
  • RedOne - work began in Las Vegas in spring 2008 on no less than ten tracks. By the end of the year, four had progressed enough to be considered nearly finished, while others failed to move past the writing stage.
  • Teddy Riley - flew to Ireland in the late summer of 2006 to work with Michael. It is unknown, however, if any new songs were produced at this time. During their initial collaborations from 1990 to 1991, as well as 1998 to 2001, several titles, including "Vibrationist" and "Joy," are known to exist.
  • Rodney Jerkins - visited Michael in Ireland in 2006, where the two discussed the possibility of a future collaboration. Rodney has stated that he has not produced any new music for Michael, but was open to doing so prior to his death. Jerkins is known to have no less than eight unreleased tracks from the Invincible sessions (1999-2001).
  • John Legend - submitted a track through will.i.am, although he remains fairly certain that Michael never had the opportunity to record it.
  • Chuck Stanton - introduced his nephew Theron "Neff-U" Feemster to Michael in 2005.

Back