Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Chicago could easily have replaced some songs on Invincible IMO.

You are so right. I wonder why Michael held out these gems from Invincible?

WHE could easily replace CRY, Maybe Chicage could replace Heartbreaker, Xscape replace Privacy. All I have to say is Michael was sitting in a diamond mine!

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Wait they are making a high res download? Can anyone share what the mastering for Chicago and Lovin You are? LNFSG was compressed and lacked dynamic range. If the masters bad anyway high res won't matter.

This album was mixed and mastered with state of the art engineering and mastering techniques. Sony is promoting High Resolution Audio to the mainstream public this year (Business Plan 2014). That's why customers get XSCAPE for free in High Resolution Audio, 'cause it's supposed to be a demo album when it comes to sound fidelity. The Xperia phone is able to natively play HRA.

For iTunes record companies hands over compressed versions (excellent for portable audio carriers and the casual listeners) to Apple so they can sell optimized MPEG4 audios.

But you're right, if the source is bad, even the best mastering engineers can't do magic on it.

Rule of the thumb, if you'll get goosebumps with playback on a portable device with cheap speakers, it means that the source is badass.

People, where can i find a good Livestream for the Ellen Show because of the LNFSG airing?

This album was mixed and mastered with state of the art engineering and mastering techniques. Sony is promoting High Resolution Audio to the mainstream public this year (Business Plan 2014). That's why customers get XSCAPE for free, 'cause it's supposed to be a demo disc.

For iTunes record companies hands over compressed versions (excellent for portable audio carriers and the casual listeners) to Apple so they can sell optimized MPEG4 audios.

But you're right, if the source is bad, even the best mastering engineers can't do magic on it.

Rule of the thumb, if you'll get goosebumps with playback on a portable device with cheap speakers, it means that the source is badass.

We can only hope that when we get this on CD that they did good with mastering. Bernie Grundman was involved I believe in the mastering. Michael's music deserves the best sound quality! I need deluxe vinyl, too bad they don't make for me :(.

What next song is on at midnight ?

most importantly, HMH is 98% Akon and 2 % MJ. I dont count it a MJ song, to be honest

I know it is def. more Akon. But MJ sang the first verse and chorus, sang all the adlibs and sang all the rest of the choruses with
Akon. So I would say it is more 70 - 30.

As opposed to LNFSG w/ JT. Michael is 90% JT 10%

A place with no name

Wait. What? What hologram? What Bible telecast?

Billboard Awards (you know the music "bible") - they are saying an MJ hologram is planned for the show.

What about the 2nd disc of Bad 25th?!

I would leave it on Bad25 as a 2nd disc, but I would remove the remixes and the spanish & french versions of IJCSLY and put other unheard demos on there....maybe the extended version of Come Together, and I would edit Smooth Criminal to full length with the missing verse and MJ's heartbeat and breath sounds at the beginning as it was ment to be done originally.

I know it is def. more Akon. But MJ sang the first verse and chorus, sang all the adlibs and sang all the rest of the choruses with
Akon. So I would say it is more 70 - 30.

As opposed to LNFSG w/ JT. Michael is 90% JT 10%

I think the reason for that is that HMH was recorded when Michael was alive, and was never meant to be on his album. It was meant to be on Akon's album.

Michael was singing all of LNFSG, so they just had to remove vocals, and replace it with JT.

Billboard Awards (you know the music "bible") - they are saying an MJ hologram is planned for the show.

Noooo! Leave Michael alone, this is too much. He is gone. Let him be peace.

Lovin' You > Best of Joy

Maybe it's a preview for something even bigger after this????? :wild:

Michael will jump out the hologram, stand there for like 2 mins, to get some applause, and then he will sing 'WBSS'

xrisx;3997920 said:
Which reminds me of this interesting tidbit I rediscovered from the Ebony interview in late 2007.

"Q: Who impresses you?

A: As far as artistry, I think Ne-Yo is doing wonderful. But he has a very Michael Jackson feel, too. But that´s what I like about him. I can tell that he´s a guy who understands writing.

Q: Do you work with these young artists?

A: Sure. I´ve always been the type where, I don´t care if it´s the mailman or the guy sweeping the floor. If it´s a great song, it´s a great song. Some of the most ingenious ideas come from everyday people, who just go, ´Why don´t you try this, or do this.´ It´ll be a wonderful idea, so you should just try it. Chris Brown is wonderful. Akon, he´s a wonderful artist.
I always want to do music that inspires or influences another generation. You want what you create to live, be it sculpture or painting or music. Like Michelangelo, he said, “I know the creator will go, but his work survives. That is why to escape death, I attempt to bind my soul to my work.” And that´s how I feel. I give my all to my work. I want it to just live. "

http://www.mjfancommunity.com/ebony.htm

I'm very curious how Michael and Neyo would sound together, Michael actually reached out to him and worked on songs with him.

He also praised JT and Usher a year before that lol. Michael was cool with all these young cats "Everyone's doing a great job" he'd always say with a sneaky smirk lol.

MJ Access Hollywood Interview 2006

A.H : Michael I'd would love to hear what you thought of Justin Timberlake? cause he's the closest thing to Michael Jackson, I think today

MJ : I think Justin's doing a wonderful job as well as Usher. It's great to see. I'm inspired by what they do and i'm sure I've inspired them. It's very nice.

My only gripe about it is there's just way too much drums going on. Timbo should have tone it down a bit. Less is more at times.

Agree. The drums sound a bit too harsh for such a mellow, dreamy love song .. but I still love it!

Lovin' You > Best of Joy

Loving You >>>>> Best Of Joy

But I love Best Of Joy because it is from 2008 and those songs are rare.

BAD news people, i just heard that a trash-rapper named "Kollegah"(if someone is a fan of him, then sorry), will also release his new album on May 9th.
Could this affect Xscape's chart-position?, because i know that this rapper is really popular (in germany)...

LOL I wouldn't worry about some no name rapper. Michael Jackson is bigger then this guy..even in death.

Rich+Tone Talauega ‏@Rich_and_Tone May 5
#secretmission pt.1 #kingofpop #iheartawards @Usher pt. 2 coming soon

Justin Timberlake@jtimberlaketeam.

Keep supporting. This week is the songs first full week for the Hot 100. Let's get MJ and JT higher.

Justin Timberlake@jtimberlaketeam1 h.

#LoveNeverFeltSoGood top 10 US iTunes once again after the single version was deleted. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-never-felt-so-good/id850697616?i=850697815 … / pic.twitter.com/GjSiftw4fo
Bm-PJYJCQAAI6sx.png

I love Invincible as it is and wouldn't change any song on it... Michael didn't choose to lock these songs away forever, they were works in progress.

This release is going to be amazing however, it makes me sad to think how much better it would have been if Michael was here to complete the songs himself.

Keeping the faith!!

For all those that wont listen before they get the album... just treat yourself to 1 song! :) its worth it :)

It is very tempting, but I am going to wait until the 13th. It is sooo wonderful to read all the fans loving all these songs though, it does my heart good. :D

http://www.directlyrics.com/new-music-michael-jackson-loving-you-news.html

Another amazing pop gem! The King keeps slaying even though he's already in Heaven. Sony' Music Unlimited released another track from Michael Jackson's upcoming posthumous album 'Xscape' today, May 6th. After debuting 'Chicago' yesterday, today it's the the turn of 'Loving You', track no. 3 on the album. Stream below!What a fantastic breezy, mid-tempo pop song! Michael wrote and produced 'Loving You' during the 'Bad' sessions in 1987. The King of Pop began working on the track at Red Wing Studio in the San Fernando Valley and completed it at Hayvenhurst.
I'm so happy 'Xscape' is shaping up to be a sensational album. And every song sounds like a smash waiting to happen! As for 'Loving You', the groovy tune sees MJ singing about not feeling too well and having to stay at home in a summer day. He nevertheless can't stop thinking about her love, "But I'll be loving you, that's what I want to do".

Paris78;3998021 said:
Rich+Tone Talauega ‏@Rich_and_Tone May 5
#secretmission pt.1 #kingofpop #iheartawards @Usher pt. 2 coming soon

Justin Timberlake@jtimberlaketeam.

Keep supporting. This week is the songs first full week for the Hot 100. Let's get MJ and JT higher.

Justin Timberlake@jtimberlaketeam1 h.

#LoveNeverFeltSoGood top 10 US iTunes once again after the single version was deleted. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-never-felt-so-good/id850697616?i=850697815 … / pic.twitter.com/GjSiftw4fo
Bm-PJYJCQAAI6sx.png

i wonder what part 2 will be, GOD I NEED A STREAM TO THE BILLBOARD AWARDS!!!! can someone give full information, channel, streaming information in advance so we can plan a fan event to view this spectacular?

Matt Forger
Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson's XSCAPE - The Collaborators Pt. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNclQlQjg4

I remember some fan here were bashing the Estate saying Forger wasn't even contacted to work on this project.. So Nice to see his involvement. :)

Great reviews are the BEST !!!

Hope the danish reviews will be positive too - but I doubt it... Seems like they just wanna trash MJ. :(

Can anyone tell me if there are any exclusive versions of Xscape (like the This is It DVD), such as Wal-mart, target, etc? Or just the country specific iTunes ones.

OMG !!!!

This is even better than Chicago !!!!

The beat, the rhytm, the feeling, the sensation - the VOICE !!!

THIS IS MUSIC !!! - Real true music is about to get released!!! Can't wait for Xscape to be released !!!

I haven't heard it, but is this a slow jam, or a danceable track? I'm not sure based on the reviews.

Back