Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Out of interest with some fans not liking some of the songs on Xscape which is of course fair enough but I also here fans dis-liking some songs from Invincible.....again fair enough but I never really here of people dis-liking songs from History or Dangerous? Is that because they are perfect albums?

Dangerous is the most perfect album ever created; aesthetically, audibly, emotionally.

HIStory isn't perfect (for me), but is pretty close.

They're playing the original BG here in one of the biggest local stores. Now that makes me happy.

Does anyone get a sorta prince ish feeling from the demo of DYKWYCA? I absolutely adore that one

Gosh, the documentary was too short,
And there wasn't any studio footage (of Michael)

BTW the Matt Forger-Interview wasn't present in the Documentary. Maybe it's in the
XSCAPE-TV Special.

Last edited:

what about the outtakes?

No, in the outtakes Darkchild & Stargate are talking about their experience/meetings with Michael.

No, in the outtakes Darkchild & Stargate are talking about their experience/meetings with Michael.

for real? Why not put footage of MJ on the dvd? Just a mere 1 minute, yeah?

:ph34r:

In the main documentary,
the producers are having a "meet and greet",
and L.A. is playing the old version, and the new version of a specific song.

Plus, the documentary itself is 20 mins long. The rest is the credits roll.

Last edited:

ok then..... :ph34r:

seems like a wasted opportunity to "only" include producers and stuff, when there's so much footage of MJ lying around.....Footage of MJ in the studio recording, perhaps the demos on xscape, mixed with the above mentioned interview would've been amazing :)

Gosh, the documentary was too short,
And there wasn't any studio footage (of Michael)

BTW the Matt Forger-Interview wasn't present in the Documentary. Maybe it's in the
XSCAPE-TV Special.

They're actually praising themselves. Matt's a good dude, he's one of the handful people out there who really do care about the man and his music.

My copies I've just bought:

10176137_492367330892737_3063119045347478990_n.jpg

10253824_492367317559405_7806736293893223071_n.jpg

10320525_492367340892736_3407176368772536097_n.jpg

10292141_492367370892733_8030299234627257571_n.jpg

10314704_492367397559397_887245138872223148_n.jpg

10257963_492367410892729_3042793094012440962_n.jpg

where is poster?

where is poster?

Included in the deluxe digibox version. Probably U.S. only? Amazon lists an import version which IMO is that digibox /w poster.

Included in the deluxe digibox version. Probably U.S. only? Amazon lists an import version which IMO is that digibox /w poster.

the poster is also in the deluxe versions sold here in DK

mjs style isnt old. songs likee b or white or will you be there etc etc dozens of songs that are soooo mj and what made him stand out dozens of timeless songs that even 20 years after release sound fresh and new. yes he changed style but from dont stop all the way through to say weve had enough you just knew some songs could only be created by mj. these songs are not even trying to be like that imo. as another poster said ti mr its like the producers are trying to out do each other putting mjs vocals to their music and having no intrest in creating something mj would have. Creating thee mj sound seems to have gone out of the window if it ever was there to start with

im disapointed the gen public will never get to hear the 2011 do u know where your chill r.now that sounds like an mj song. the b.g version we had before which was great. if only they had put these on the cd along with say weve had enough.now that would have been a mj album. sadly a missed opportunity in the estates desire to catch the modern crowd.

I'm glad they didn't really try to recreate an old style though. Michael's style changed every single album - no two albums ever sounded the same. Xscape is no different :)

Chicago was produced by Timbaland...

Interesting, Not according to the video on the DVD... Anyway I was referring to LNFSG mainly.

Interesting, Not according to the video on the DVD... Anyway I was referring to LNFSG mainly.

It's totally Timbaland style. Trust, it was produced by him.

Now that you obviously choose to hate on the specific producers, rather than the outcome(I am not critizising you, I accept your way of doing it), then at least do it right.

Huh? I don't even know the other work of these producers. Their work is not very popular where I live. My comments were on the producers based on the outcome, not the other way around. And I'm not hating anyone, I'm giving my very subjective review.

Last edited:

I don't know if i miss it but has anybody in USA seen any Tv special on Xscape? I have not yet seen one if you have can you put the link in this thread.

IMHO it sounds like todays crap music. Wouldn't the voice of MJ mixed prominently I guess there'd be less excitement.

Actually I'm shocked. Why there's any need to recreate every single song? Why is Michael voice processed?

EXACTLY. I was shocked to hear Justin saying in an interview how they tried to search for days for a recording of LNFSG without the piano track mixed together and then had to give up and say "well, I guess this track has to have a piano in it". As if that's a BAD thing. What's wrong with the beautiful classic guitar in the demo of place with no name? Everything must be "contemporirzed". Imagine if Billie Jean was a demo. They would have sucked the life out of it because it has real instruments.

Imagine if Billie Jean was a demo. They would have sucked the life out of it because it has real instruments.

dont make jokes like that! :lol:

Last edited:

imo probably the jerkins factor. songs like invincible and heartbreaker dont seem to be favs amongst many. they are like some of these remixes. trying to be down with the kids instead of creating a classic mj song like whatever happens weve had enough. imo there wasnt really this sort of issue with dangerous and history. Imo mj lost his confidence with vince due to everything that was going on

Out of interest with some fans not liking some of the songs on Xscape which is of course fair enough but I also here fans dis-liking some songs from Invincible.....again fair enough but I never really here of people dis-liking songs from History or Dangerous? Is that because they are perfect albums?

Back