Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I think he hated the fact that his brothers would always fight in the studio...one evidence is why they have a painting as an album cover lol

And why the "Torture" video has doubles instead of real Jacksons :).

According to Jermaine, Michael was half considering going on a reunion tour with his brothers after This Is It because his mother wanted to see her sons reunite again. Not sure how much truth is in that statement, but I doubt Michael would have done it.

Lol Jermaine has been saying that Michael was aboard for a J5 reunion ever since 03.

Well all I was saying is that it was too bad to have so many gaps when you know how much all these albums with MJ's vocals on them were so damn good!

Well all I was saying is that it was too bad to have so many gaps when you know how much all these albums with MJ's vocals on them were so damn good!

I don't mind those gaps at all...those gaps were his time to outgrow himself and be better, create a masterpiece. That's what he did for each of his albums after Thriller and they were mad good!

Pez Dann ?@Pezdann

I'm so pleased to share this....Check out our fan made short film for 'Xscape' https://vimeo.com/94842977 #MJXSCAPE #UWANTMECOMEGETME

Well done :)

BnIw-q-IMAA0ohL.jpg

London! We did it! Across the River Thames #mjxscape #uwantmecomegetme

Last edited:

According to Jermaine, Michael was half considering going on a reunion tour with his brothers after This Is It because his mother wanted to see her sons reunite again. Not sure how much truth is in that statement, but I doubt Michael would have done it.

The family tried to pressure Michael into a reunion tour and to record together. Jermaine even made public statements about it in 2008 which prompted Michael to issue this statement:

October 31 2008

Michael Jackson has issued a statement saying he will not participate in a Jackson 5 reunion in 2009.

"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them," he said. "I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon

10363659_724288470957325_9093584208912606874_n.jpg

Michael with L.A. Reid

I don't mind those gaps at all...those gaps were his time to outgrow himself and be better, create a masterpiece. That's what he did for each of his albums after Thriller and they were mad good!

Man, without gaps they were masterpeice too. Thriller album, hello? :D not to mention smashing hits still played in the clubs today:

Blame it on the boogie
Shake your body
Can you feel it
State of shock

not to mention less known jewels on the radio such as:

Dancin' all night
Things I do for you
Bless his soul
Walk right now
Heartbreak hotel
Time waits for no one
Torture
Wait
One more chance
Be not always

And I am soooooooo pissed MJ didn't sing on "HURT"

My top list on Xscape:

1. A Place Without No Name (Stargate) 10/10
2. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Timbaland) 9.5/10 / Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original) 9.5/10
3. Slave To The Rhythm (Timbaland) 9.5/10
4. Slave To The Rhythm (Original) 9/10
5. Blue Gangsta (Timbaland) 9/10
6. Chicago (Original) 9/10
7. Xscape (Original) 8.5/10
8. A Place Without No Name (Original) 8.5/10
9. Loving You (Timbaland) 8/10
10.Blue Gangsta (Original) 8/10
11.Xscape (R. Jerkins) 8/10
12.Love Never Felt So Good feat. Justin Timberlake 7.5/10
13.Loving You (Original) 7/10
14.Love Never Felt So Good (Timbaland) 6.5/10
15.Love Never Felt So Good (Original) 6/10
16.Chicago (Timbaland) 6/10

Total: 82%

Bumper isn't the Timbaland version and the Timberlake version of LNFSG the same?

Bumper isn't the Timbaland version and the Timberlake version of LNFSG the same?

No, there are three versions:

Timbaland, original and Timbaland's feat. J.T.

How about we use this website to request LNFSG on the radio: http://rihannadaily.com/www/request/ British radio towards the bottom, American at the top, we should all do it, crash the hell out of their email system to constantly request it, it's OUR job.

Darkmed, I knew you were teasing and you basically summarized many retorts in the thread humorously.

Green Eyes, thank you for watching the video of Jermaine and realizing that TMZ was pushing Jermaine for a headline. They did not get one and twisted words to create one. Fun.

It is interesting how some believe Michael's thoughts would change and he would work with Sony but never reunite professionally with his family. Evidence in the wrongful death trial showed the exact opposite.

So happy to hear Jermaine enjoyed Jerkins' Xscape!

not to mention less known jewels on the radio such as:

Dancin' all night
Things I do for you
Bless his soul
Walk right now
Heartbreak hotel
Time waits for no one
Torture
Wait
One more chance
Be not always

And I am soooooooo pissed MJ didn't sing on "HURT"

You're pissed at that?? I'm pissed that he only sang an ad lib on Wondering Who, basically appeared on three songs on Victory, and wasnt on Nothing That Compares 2 U!!!!!!

None of us should expect any praise from Michael's siblings, other than Jackie. Jackie is cool... the rest of them are probably green with envy.

Edited to add... I commented before watching the video. Jermaine did praise the song Xscape, but he voiced his objection to posthumous material being released (unless of course, it contains some J5 material :smilerolleyes:). But the guy from TMZ is definitely trying to trick him up to get him to say something that might start some controversy (no surprise there).

Jermaine is always making self-serving comments. His real problem is that he's not getting paid. hence the lousy J5 comment. Plugging j5 material into new MJ releases is the only way he can honestly make money off MJ.

Jermaine also conveniently forgets that the estate of MJ doesn't need to consult with him or extended family considering how little they understand MJ music and art. Even more so as MJ did not leave his estate to his extended family. he left it to his children with 2 highly qualified men serving as executors.

You're pissed at that?? I'm pissed that he only sang an ad lib on Wondering Who, basically appeared on three songs on Victory, and wasnt on Nothing That Compares 2 U!!!!!!

And I'd have loved to hear him sing Art Of Madness, If You'd Only Believe, Maria, and some other songs too.

Does anyone have Be Not Always instrumental and Hurt instrumental?

And I'd have loved to hear him sing Art Of Madness, If You'd Only Believe, Maria, and some other songs too.

He did get around If You'd Only Believe in '94 award show haha

Jermaine needs to learn the words 'no comment' so that no one will be able to manipulate his words.

Why was he even speaking to TMZ of all things?

He did get around If You'd Only Believe in '94 award show haha

I know, but it was another version. I was thinking about the studio version.

Back