Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

get some water, I recommend "EAU DE EDDIE"

Water that has been used at least 4 times in the PVC pipes of the toilet.

28ixauq.gif

Justin Timberlake sang Human nature during his concert in stockholm, sweden yesterday

Justin Timberlake sang Human nature during his concert in stockholm, sweden yesterday

Yup, same when I saw him in Edmonton in January. The crowd went wild and started singing along..pretty cool :)

He had real respect for Michael, I'm so glad he was featured on Xscape :heart:

40 minutes to go!

Yup, same when I saw him in Edmonton in January. The crowd went wild and started singing along..pretty cool :)

Why did he sang human nature, I think Love never felt so good would be more obvious

Xscape Review
After hours upon hours of constant listens to this album, I can finally give a review that isn't biased. This album really impressed me and has been the best Michael Jackson album in the while and will be the album of the decade for me. Michael did all the hard work and the producers updated it and they did a fantastic job of making it current.

Love Never Felt So Good (Solo): The album begins with a disco-vibe that the general public know Michael Jackson for. It is very groovy and sounds somewhat current. Sounds very summerish. Lots of strings in this song and the bass is prominent.

Chicago: Oh the constant sound of processed ducks some how sounds great. Sounds very new and the verses are very story-like and I think this is a unique voice. The chorus is a powerful, gritty take on the song and is very catchy. It has some kind of vocal warm up in the middle and yes it is very current. "SHE LIED TO YOUUU, SHE LIED TO MEEE, BECAUSE SHE GOT A FAMILY, FAMILYYY YEAH", these are the lyrics I can't get out of my head.

Loving You: Opens with pianos and claps and breaks down into the verses with Michael singing a song that is so infectious. The chorus is very harmonic, it's a mid-tempo song that is danceable, I really can't compare it to any Michael Jackson song. Melodyne is used but it is very unnoticeable. You'll think to yourself. "And the weatherman saiddd, if you're not well stay in bedd" are very catchy lyrics.

A Place Without No Name: Contrary to a few beliefs, this, for me is one of the strongest, there is a clear bass of Leave Me Alone, it has possibilities of being a hit, could be compared to a euro-dance song, like an Avicii, Calvin Harris song. The ending "Na na na" give you shivers down your spine, the song is somewhat repetitive, but this sounds more like a remix than an update, so I can see why some fans don't like it, but it's current.

Slave To The Rhythm: Opens sounding movie-like, with strings and breaks down into Timberland's instrumental. I can really picture a video of Michael dancing to this, very similar to the advert. You can hear Timberland's ad-libs which are very prominent. A dance hit by far, Michael's voice sounds so powerful.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are?: The opening is slightly pathetic, sounds like a Sonic-tune, but it get's better. I'd still call this the weakest track, the 2010 version is better, it's not serious, it's sounds like a fun-song now, but I guess the spacey-guitar in the middle is cool.

Blue Gangsta: The opening sounds so harmonic and hip-hop, the rest is like a Bond-theme, it's such a strong track. The verse is like he's telling us an actual story. The chorus is, as you already know, done with full power. Very strong track. Breaks down towards the middle and it is a mid-tempo.

Xscape: WHAT A SONG! The first 3 seconds are pathetic, naming the producer "Darkchild" sounded odd and didn't fit, there are many new ad-libs added to this by Michael and the bridge has an added vocal by Michael that will surprise you, the saxophones felt so jolly and I could imagine Michael dancing to this on the streets. The bridge breaks down and this might be in my list of my favourite Michael Jackson songs, he really tries to portray a message in this.

I'm sorry my review was so poor, but I wish I could sing it to you so I could explain it better. This album is very current and is superior to the previous offering "Michael" and is just cohesive.Do You Know Where Your Children Are? Could have been treated by another producer, that's the only criticism I have. Possible hits are: A Place With No Name, Xscape and Slave To The Rhythm. BUT THE REST ARE STILL GREAT, there's no album fillers on this, they could all have potential to be singles. We must remember that Michael Jackson did all the hard work for this and you will listen to the album tomorrow and think, this is so current, did Michael record all of this in 2009? (Obviously not). We should be thankful for the demos as it shows they really care for the fans, some fans may not like the updated versions, but that's solely their opinion that should be respected as they too are fans. But the songs all tell a story and could be adapted to a movie, they are all club songs and I really will support this album. It's not been made too over the top like the Bad remix by Afrojack in an attempt to make it more current, it's not like the Immortal remixes where they sound the same, it sounds updated and more TODAY!

I would give this album 80/100.

Last edited:

Confused about the release date, like, a lot. Can I buy Xscape in a Belgian store tomorrow, or not?

I thought you were xscaping to a place without no name?

I dunno, want me to call and ask him? :D

Yeah, it's a place with slaves where love never ever feels good, where you want to xscape as soon as you see blue gangsters. When I'm there, I'll ask myself, do you know where your children are? Sometimes I think they are in Chicago.

30 minutes to go, so I'll be loving you right now.

Confused about the release date, like, a lot. Can I buy Xscape in a Belgian store tomorrow, or not?

Where have you been all this time? In Belgium it's been out since Friday. I bought two delux editions. On Saturday there was an Xscape promotion hologram at the Brussels's Railroad Station Gare du Midi / Zuid Station

p.s. Look at my siggy, it's me standing between two giant posters at the Gare du Midi / Zuid Sation in Brussels.

Last edited:

I'm off to xscape into a world filled with Michael Jackson. Goodnight all :)

You'll need a very good DAC (digital to analog converter), full range speakers and a device which is capable to playback high resolution audio files.

I have a receiver (Onkyo TX-609) connected to bi-amp full range 'Mission' speakers (the highs and the lows are separately amplified) with an integrated DAC (Burr Brown). The device I use to playback hi-res files is a Popcorn Hour media player.

IMWhizzle, your supreme audio geekiness has made me smile. Thank you so much for the explanation. You're awesome! :)

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Xscape Review

I would give this album 80/100.

Nice review. I might not agree with all of it but I like the thought and feeling you put into it. It's all about subjective feelings I guess. We all love Michael's work, we might not love everything that is produced by others. But those vocals can sound great even with music made in windows movie maker :). If there's one thing I truly like about the remixes, it's the many a Capella parts

Where have you been all this time? In Belgium it's been out since Friday. I bought two delux editions. On Saturday there was an Xscape promotion hologram at the Brussels's Railroad Station Gare du Midi / Zuid Station

p.s. Look at my siggy, it's me standing between two giant posters at the Gare du Midi / Zuid Sation in Brussels.

What? Why does this thread say 'May 13' then?? That's gotten me all confused. :p I'll get it tomorrow then!

headphones on and off to a place with no name.....

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

IMWhizzle, your supreme audio geekiness has made me smile. Thank you so much for the explanation. You're awesome! :)

Geekiness can go a long way with audio setup :)

I have 3 audio chains in my setup.

For SACD (DSD files actually but same thing) I use Onkyo 818 to Emotiva XSP-1 Preamp to Emotiva XPA-3 amp.

For general audio up to 24/192khz I use iTunes on a MacBook Pro connected to Emotiva XDA-2 to Emotiva XSP-1 preamp connected to Emotiva XPA-3. I usually convert FLAC to Apple lossless format. Both are lossless formats so no loss of quality during conversion. It's just so comfortable to control the library from an iPhone or iPad. Plus Apple lossless is now an open source standard as well so supported by many.

For analog I use a Rega RP3 turntable with the TT-PSU power supply connected to the Emotiva XSP-1 preamp connected to Emotiva XPA-3 amp.

All interconnects are Emotiva cables, all audio cables are blue jeans cables.

Amp is connected to GoldenEar Triton Two floorstanding speakers. Each one has its own built-in active 1200w subwoofer.

Lighting mood in controlled by 3 Phillips hue bulbs that change color and atmosphere based on the audio being played.

Nirvana ?. Love my setup.

I'm off to xscape into a world filled with Michael Jackson. Goodnight all :)

I'm so jealous. I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this piece of masterfulness on Tuesday! Haven't heard anything yet. I'm trying to be very strong but it's been hard with all these wonderful reviews!

Nice review. I might not agree with all of it but I like the thought and feeling you put into it. It's all about subjective feelings I guess. We all love Michael's work, we might not love everything that is produced by others. But those vocals can sound great even with music made in windows movie maker :). If there's one thing I truly like about the remixes, it's the many a Capella parts

I was talking to my brother and that is something he said also, his voice is what sets him apart from anybody today or any time. That powerful, amazing , beautiful voice of his. :wub:

Last edited:

Geekiness can go a long way with audio setup :)

I have 3 audio chains in my setup.

For SACD (DSD files actually but same thing) I use Onkyo 818 to Emotiva XSP-1 Preamp to Emotiva XPA-3 amp.

For general audio up to 24/192khz I use iTunes on a MacBook Pro connected to Emotiva XDA-2 to Emotiva XSP-1 preamp connected to Emotiva XPA-3. I usually convert FLAC to Apple lossless format. Both are lossless formats so no loss of quality during conversion. It's just so comfortable to control the library from an iPhone or iPad. Plus Apple lossless is now an open source standard as well so supported by many.

For analog I use a Rega RP3 turntable with the TT-PSU power supply connected to the Emotiva XSP-1 preamp connected to Emotiva XPA-3 amp.

All interconnects are Emotiva cables, all audio cables are blue jeans cables.

Amp is connected to GoldenEar Triton Two floorstanding speakers. Each one has its own built-in active 1200w subwoofer.

Lighting mood in controlled by 3 Phillips hue bulbs that change color and atmosphere based on the audio being played.

Nirvana ?. Love my setup.

I use Onkyo too able to support 7.1, but am looking forward to buy a new receiver able to support 9.1 or 9.2 I I am hesitating between another Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon.

Set aside the receiver, I still haven't found the loudspeakers that I really like. For the moment I use Mordaunt and SIB and a mordaunt subwoofer.

Any advice for the best loudspeakers for the best rendering?

qbee;4003069 said:
Yes nice to hear a pysical songle will be released.:)
‘Love Never Felt So Good’ to be released in CD Single!
Amazon Germany & Amazon Spain has announced the song ‘Love Never Felt So Good’ to be released in physical CD Single!

Is physical songle a new concept? What is it? :poke:

I use Onkyo too able to support 7.1, but am looking forward to buy a new receiver able to support 9.1 or 9.2 I I am hesitating between another Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon.

Set aside the receiver, I still haven't found the loudspeakers that I really like. For the moment I use Mordaunt and SIB and a mordaunt subwoofer.

Any advice for the best loudspeakers for the best rendering?

What's your budget?

For 700$ each the GoldenEar triton 7 is a steal compared to the quality you get.

Regarding the reciever - a good amp will always get you farther than a receiver, it's just physics. I say keep your receiver and get an amp. I think you have preout outputs on your model. This will also allow you to get 9.2, though I have to admit that the benefit would be minimal in terms in surround. I did a lot of research before deciding on 7.2. You can invest your money on other things like amps and room acoustical treatment - the benefits would be greater.

Back