Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

hmv363OxStreet ?@hmv363OxStreet 4 Std.

#XSCAPE album available this Monday. limited edition artcards to first 200 customers who purchase the album @Mjvibe pic.twitter.com/0Jw8Q7MA6o
BnVl2u2IAAAeVku.jpg

elke hassell ?@ElkeHassell 11 h.
Babeee Love Never Felt So Good ..... pic.twitter.com/p6pIlNmNem
BnUIOf3IIAEaLOC.jpg

Isn't from that Japanese commercial shooting?I think it's from there.

Xscape is at number 15 on the iTunes album chart here in the UK, hoping it gets to either number one or two when it's released tomorrow. Will my pre order of the digipack count towards the sales?

While just surfing found this..wow it was so good.. :) flute of LNFSG :D

can someone create a thread for xscape album songs cover versions.. ;)

I see in that write up above the Daily telegraph had to take a dig at Michael. Oh well..

At the point when pre-orders are processed and shipped, do they then enter first week sales? Anyone knows.

While just surfing found this..wow it was so good.. :) flute of LNFSG :D

can someone create a thread for xscape album songs cover versions.. ;)

hahaha the flute got some wierd effects on this guy but it's brillant hhhhh

Who mixed the 2010 version of STTR, DYKWYCA & Xscape?

Cause I've been feeling down and blue, and it's cloudy in my head....

That was freaky, I was reading it exactly as Michael was singing it to me in the headphones :).

The remix for that is great but man, the original demo is so laid back and natural, you can just imaging him sitting on a bar stool and jamming this. Makes me smile every time.

That was freaky, I was reading it exactly as Michael was singing it to me in the headphones :).

The remix for that is great but man, the original demo is so laid back and natural, you can just imaging him sitting on a bar stool and jamming this. Makes me smile every time.

Loving you, the demo. Is my favorite Michael Jackson song of all time, i decided that when i first got Xscape... A light breezy mid temp love song with a unique vocal performance by Jackson, highlighting the essence of his creativity.... stunning. I must admit though, Timbaland did do the song justice.. made it a little more upbeat and radio friendly for the 2014 era.

Last edited:

I see in that write up above the Daily telegraph had to take a dig at Michael. Oh well..

At the point when pre-orders are processed and shipped, do they then enter first week sales? Anyone knows.

Haaa!!

UK chart is in a few hours. LNFSG will be in the top 20 I'm guessing.

'Loving You' has been stuck in my head since i first heard it, it truly is one of the best song's that Michael recorded in his lifetime. Almost mastered the lyrics off of by heart, there's just something about it... his vocal style is extremely unique... i'm glad this was one of the tracks included within the final tracklisting.

Agreed !! I love Loving You

I love this album so much.

Me too. - It feels like a real MJ album. Something he could have released if he was alive!

Loving you, the demo. Is my favorite Michael Jackson song of all time, i decided that when i first got Xscape... A light breezy mid temp love song with a unique vocal performance by Jackson, highlighting the essence of his creativity.... stunning. I must admit though, Timbaland did do the song justice.. made it a little more upbeat and radio friendly for the 2014 era.

I like the new version more than the demo - but the demo is great too of course! - Loving You is truel a masterpiece !!

i really believe STTR could have benefited from a change of atmosphere in the chorus, perfectly demonstrated by birchey, and even tricky stewart to a lesser extent. The entire song sorta rides the same wave throughout the entire song and it really only deviate in the bridge. At times it can feel a bit monotonous but MJ's killer vocals makes up for that. Incredible earth shattering vocals.

I really hope they release extended versions of the songs.

Still have not heard LNFSG on the radio here in Michigan. 97.5 is the local pop station. Nothin SMFH.

I'm not a regular radio listener these days but can you imagine the sheer exhilaration I felt when I heard LNFSG for the first time (Jamaica) on the radio last night! :D

Man, to hear new MJ songs on the radio is simply the best! :)

By when can we expect the short film to release? Any chances of it being released tomorrow??

This is one that's always in my head, I'm constantly singing it to myself...makes me smile too, but it also seems like Michael is smiling throughout the whole song :D

This is one that's always in my head, I'm constantly singing it to myself...makes me smile too, but it also seems like Michael is smiling throughout the whole song :D

To me it feels like a sequel to i'm so blue, released on BAD 25 with the references of ''i've been feeling down and blue'' both song's side by side in a BAD Outtakes playlist would be insane. Isn't the original version of 'Do You Know' wonderful also? i'm so glad they used an alternate vocal take.

BOOM : Vinyl Exclusive track :D

10294322_10152385588211445_2815026721248589560_n.jpg

It would be amazing if it is Hot fun :D :D I can see it released on the vinyl :D :D

I must say, I have really come to love the new APWNN and DYKWYCA. It was hard originally to detach them from the already fantastic original versions/previous versions but now I must say I do love them xscape is also growing on me, as is slave to the rhythm. Blue gangsta however is a different story. It's definitely my least favourite song but it's not grown on me much. That could all change.

I'm glad in that in whatever Spain time i have I've been listening to the album- something I did not do with Michael when it was released. I simply can't get enough of Chicago original version. It has been many years since I've been captivated by a song of mikes this much. It's breathtaking. The new version is brilliant but the original is utterly flawless.

Here's to many many more hours of enjoying this great project and Michaels mastery

To me it feels like a sequel to i'm so blue, released on BAD 25 with the references of ''i've been feeling down and blue'' both song's side by side in a BAD Outtakes playlist would be insane. Isn't the original version of 'Do You Know' wonderful also? i'm so glad they used an alternate vocal take.

Yes! It's such an 80s throwback, super funky...I love singing along to it, it's fun lol and love the 'she's oooonlllyy tweeellllvvve years old!!' Gives it so much more punch and really emphasizes the importance of the lyrics :)

Yes! It's such an 80s throwback, super funky...I love singing along to it, it's fun lol and love the 'she's oooonlllyy tweeellllvvve years old!!' Gives it so much more punch and really emphasizes the importance of the lyrics :)

it really does, i read in the booklet that this song was first worked on by Michael during the early BAD Recording sessions? i think this is the first mix, the album version by timbaland.. the vocals sound different, so it must mean that they differ, vocals seem a little less agressive on the original version too :)

how dare you say that I contradict myself and i start trouble, i state what i believe in too and i'm an MJ fan before you even existed opn this planet so i'm right and you are wrong :p and while i'm at it F**** u $ony lol

okay okay let's end this. We have our opinions and that's that. Let's enjoy. Happy thoughts. :dancin:

Xscape is at number 15 on the iTunes album chart here in the UK, hoping it gets to either number one or two when it's released tomorrow. Will my pre order of the digipack count towards the sales?

All the different versions count for sales.

I saw someone on the previous page post a photo claiming that the XSCAPE vinyl has an exclusive song, which I'm excited for, but I hope it isn't Hot Fun. I've already expressed my feelings about that, but Jesse Johnson acted like an amateur because the song wasn't released officially on the album, so I wouldn't give him any time or money.

Who mixed the 2010 version of STTR, DYKWYCA & Xscape?

Slave to the Rhythm was produced by Tricky Stewart.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are is actually unknown, but odds are that it was produced by John McClain, given that no other producer who worked on Michael said anything about the song.

There is no 2010 version of Xscape. The leaked mix is from 2002 and is produced by Rodney Jerkins.

I must say, I have really come to love the new APWNN and DYKWYCA. It was hard originally to detach them from the already fantastic original versions/previous versions but now I must say I do love them xscape is also growing on me, as is slave to the rhythm. Blue gangsta however is a different story. It's definitely my least favourite song but it's not grown on me much. That could all change.

Agree about Blue Gangsta. The original is not my favorite either but it's just a lot more interesting and evocative with its different instruments. Love the accordion and piano especially, gives the song a certain flair. It paints imagery in a way that Michael was good at.

The remix just completely removes that and doesn't really add anything instead. I find it to be really messy and hard to listen to. Timbaland seemed pretty proud of it in the documentary but I think it's easily his worst work on the album. It's just... a lot, but that doesn't mean it's interesting or good.

Slave to the Rythm on the other hand manages to add a great, panicky and hectic feel to the track which is very fitting to the lyrics and Michael's performance.

Who are the 2 other guys who produced Blue Gangsta with Tim & J-Roc?

Who are the 2 other guys who produced Blue Gangsta with Tim & J-Roc?

i believe they were the only one's, as timbo stated in the album documentary... they did a great job!

BOOM : Vinyl Exclusive track :D

10294322_10152385588211445_2815026721248589560_n.jpg

It would be amazing if it is Hot fun :D :D I can see it released on the vinyl :D :D

amazon.de says the bonus track is the duet version of LNFSG. :/

Back