Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I think it's the working-title for the Michael hologram :p :D

No, seriously. It is great that the song(/s) will be released physically. Peoples who don't spend their whole life, surfing on the internet/iTunes, might haven't even heard of the single yet.

I have seen the sony commercial for the phone a lot today and I have heard LNFSG twice. 2 more days for me till I hear the album. I think the reviews have been great and it's nice when people say it feels like Michael is brought back to life. Even though he isn't with us anymore it feels like it. It's nice.

What's your budget?

For 700$ each the GoldenEar triton 7 is a steal compared to the quality you get.

Regarding the reciever - a good amp will always get you farther than a receiver, it's just physics. I say keep your receiver and get an amp. I think you have preout outputs on your model. This will also allow you to get 9.2, though I have to admit that the benefit would be minimal in terms in surround. I did a lot of research before deciding on 7.2. You can invest your money on other things like amps and room acoustical treatment - the benefits would be greater.

It seems a good treat for what it is. What's their secret for such a low price if the quality is really so good?

At the same time, It's a bit above my budget for the moment. But I could do it gradually.

10157317_493526354110168_4439300423708199005_n.jpg

Andd, Xscape is officially released in the UK. Here goes, this is where it all starts!

Happy listening everyone! :D

I'm afraid my cat has become a bit obsessed with Xscape..

It seems a good treat for what it is. What's their secret for such a low price if the quality is really so good?

At the same time, It's a bit above my budget for the moment. But I could do it gradually.

The founder sandy gross previously created Polk audio and definitive technologies. Over 40 years of experience. They cut costs by manufacturing in china like everyone.

Read some reviews, they are all with the same conclusion. They are the best bargain.

I love their tweeter design, made me appreciate Vinyl/HD recordings even more. In Lady in my life you can clearly hear the cymbals and not some tsss tsss sound. Magical.

Is physical songle a new concept? What is it? :poke:

It is a song and a physical single thus I Dub thee .. "Songle" to clarify the difference from a non-physical single. A "Songle" is what it should really be called. :queen:

Last edited:

His vocals on APWNN are unbelievable!

Listen to the part right before the La-la chant when he screams
No No NOOOOOOOOOO.. wow.

Got this part stuck in my head when he sings; Take Me, Ah Take Me, Take me.

This song is officially my favorite from the album. Lol, i'm almost embarrassed at my apathy towards it before.

After being quiet the past few days, I'm finally ready to provide my review of the album (if anyone is interested). I've been listening to this album front to back over and over. Overall, such a solid album. Very happy with how it turned out and even more thrilled that Sony and the Estate are backing this thing in the proper manner.

Here's my song-by-song review:
(1 being the worst and 10 being the best)

Love Never Felt So Good:
Original Demo: 6
McClain Solo: 9
Timbaland/JT: 8

Chicago:
Timbaland Mix: 9

Loving You:
Timbaland Mix: 10

A Place With No Name:
Original Song: 7
Stargate Mix: 9

Slave To The Rhythm:
Original Song: 6
Timbaland Mix: 7
Tricky Stewart Mix: 9
Max Martian/JB: 5

Do You Know Where Your Children Are:
Timbaland Mix: 6
2010 Mix: 7

Blue Gangsta:
Original Song: 7
Timbaland Mix: 9

Xscape:
Original Song: 10
Jerkins 2014 Mix: 9

Just read on another site that apparently Jermaine has now commented on the new album to TMZ,...he's only heard one song and apparently J5 should have been apart of the work with Timbaland.

Okay, I went and listened to the video of Jermaine speaking and he did say he like the song Xscape, does'nt think they should be releasing the music without MJ, the Estate did'nt consult the family and he also said J5 could've been Timbaland as it relates to this project...J5 is where it all started.

Jermaine still does not understand that the family is not part of the estate so the estate does not have to consult them (unless the paid "consultants"). Why would they have the J5 work on the songs if the J4 could not deliver on all their statements about being in the studio and working on an album. I shudder to think what would happen if the J4 replaced Timbaland on that album. Anyway glad he liked the one song.

Gosh I'm so anxious to get the cd.. I want to enjoy it so bad! I did not plan getting on iTunes simply because I am a physical album fan 100% when it comes to mj stuff butt I know I'd get it tomorow night at 10pm (midnight) eastern time... Idk if I cud wait til te next morning!

I'm loving my itunes right now! Can't wait to have it in my hands tomorrow! :)

Andd, Xscape is officially released in the UK. Here goes, this is where it all starts!

Who is the biggest threat in UK for MJ on charts?

I just downloaded Xscape Deluxe from iTunes, yes!!!
I am going to listen to it with my headphones and let Michael take me to heaven once again!
Happy purchase everyone!!!

I can see it now *dramatic music* when the album comes, I'll tell the postman to keep on Michaeling, and that it's all for peace, love, and hair grease :rofl: and then...PAAAARRRTAAAAYY! My entire neighborhood is gonna jam to Michael whether they like it or not!

Who is the biggest threat in UK for MJ on charts?
The Black Keys have the same release date and are also in the top 20 in the iTunes chart.

Xscape Review

Loving You: Opens with pianos and claps and breaks down into the verses with Michael singing a song that is so infectious. The chorus is very harmonic, it's a mid-tempo song that is danceable, I really can't compare it to any Michael Jackson song. Melodyne is used but it is very unnoticeable. You'll think to yourself. "And the weatherman saiddd, if you're not well stay in bedd" are very catchy lyrics.

How did you conclude that melodyne was used?

Xscape Review

Loving You: Opens with pianos and claps and breaks down into the verses with Michael singing a song that is so infectious. The chorus is very harmonic, it's a mid-tempo song that is danceable, I really can't compare it to any Michael Jackson song. Melodyne is used but it is very unnoticeable. You'll think to yourself. "And the weatherman saiddd, if you're not well stay in bedd" are very catchy lyrics.

How did you conclude that melodyne was used?
Loving You vocals on the demo are out of tune compared to the updated, version, I also heard some minor tuning fluctuations at some point. It's melodyne, not autotune.

Loving You vocals on the demo are out of tune compared to the updated, version, I also heard some minor tuning fluctuations at some point. It's melodyne, not autotune.

No the original version isn't the same session as the one on Timbo's updated version; couldn't you tell the different words in the first verse?

2014 Mix: "...I'll stay home in bed"
1985 Version: "...I'll stay home instead"

Probably Coldplay.

Blondie's new album is out this week, as well, but only their hardcore fans (like me) buy their music anymore.

Coldplay is next week. So this week MJ can be #1?

LNFSG demo is no less than an 8. What, does the score go up half a point with every instrument you add to a song? C'mon people.

I'd give the demo a 9 and the remix an... 8. Maybe 7.5. Only because it doesn't quite flow naturally to me. I just get an artificial feeling from it. Not saying they did a bad job. It's just difficult to get a naturel feeling when you're putting a whole new band and arrangement on something that was just piano and no click track. You can't quite capture that same groove.

Demo gets a 5 for me. Nothing special.

Demo gets a 5 for me. Nothing special.
I think it's special. The pure beauty of Michael's voice shining through with the sparse backing. Great melody. It's Michael showing just how special and talented he was. Showing that he doesn't need all the bells and whistles to blow your mind. He can do it with just his soul and his voice. But hey, we probably just feel different ways about music. I just suspect that people are giving it an unfairly low score compared to the remix because of it only having piano accompaniment.

Last edited:
Back