Xscape General Discussion

This thread seemed to be confused with 2300 Jackson Street subforum for some. It seems the opportunity to post a negative word about anyone actually related to Michael is too difficult to resist.

I enjoyed reposting the comments about Jerkins’ Xscape this weekend.

I will begin with the distinguished commentary from Michael’s own brother Jermaine as per the TMZ clip:

Jermaine Jackson said:
I love Xscape.

innuendo141;4002692 said:
xscape is also growing on me

BUMPER SNIPPET;4002759 said:
7. Xscape (Original) 8.5/10
11.Xscape (R. Jerkins) 8/10

thiron;4002917 said:
I have to repeat it because of it's awesomeness: Sooo glad the producers made MJs voice so prominent in all those songs. Just listen to his "Escape is what I need from these electric eyes" in Xscape for example!

To be honest, I'd like Rodney to remix some of the Invincible songs using that style. Imagine Threatened with acapella parts (and maybe that fat beat used in TII)! I always felt Michaels voice was rather buried under the production on that and some other tracks.

CrazyVegasMJ;4003113 said:
Xscape:
Original Song: 10
Jerkins 2014 Mix: 9

FD1998;4003024 said:
Xscape: WHAT A SONG! The first 3 seconds are pathetic, naming the producer "Darkchild" sounded odd and didn't fit, there are many new ad-libs added to this by Michael and the bridge has an added vocal by Michael that will surprise you, the saxophones felt so jolly and I could imagine Michael dancing to this on the streets. The bridge breaks down and this might be in my list of my favourite Michael Jackson songs, he really tries to portray a message in this.

By the way, the first three seconds includes Michael beatboxing. Such vocal treats continue through out the song particularly the outro.

DanGerouS-;4002929 said:
i had xscape (the song) on repeat the whole day, cause Mike sounds so so great on it.

also the song makes me a bit sad, when he sings ' When I go, this problem world won't bother me no more', that part is so intense in the new mix

The bridge on the original gives me that wistful feeling you describe. The bridge on the contemporized version does not. I previously likened it to cultures that celebrate a person passing after the mourning period. I feel mournful on with original and celebratory with the remix.

Themidwestcowboy;4003112 said:
His vocals on APWNN are unbelievable!

Listen to the part right before the La-la chant when he screams
No No NOOOOOOOOOO.. wow.

Got this part stuck in my head when he sings; Take Me, Ah Take Me, Take me.

This song is officially my favorite from the album. Lol, i'm almost embarrassed at my apathy towards it before.

What???

I kindly command that every time you listen to APWNN, you immediately listen to Xscape – either version – until you are cured. laughs

Last edited:
Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Loving You would have made a great duet with Beyonce.

Took me a moment to find this post.

If this song does become a single, I believe Chrissette Michelle would be a nice choice for a duet on this song if that route is taken. She has a jazz vibe to her vocals which would be a nice twist.

One more freakin day... :timer: and I can join in on the happiness!:woohoo:

Seems the commercial is allready in TV

andjustice4MJ @andjustice4some · 5 Std.

Just saw the Jeep LNFSG commercial on TV!

Xscape continues to be a part of the soundtrack to my life, the quality of the song's are of such a high standard.. that you're drawn back in, each time you feel the need to hear newly released material.... they did a wonderful job, Let's get it to number one!!!!! The King is well & truly immortalized :heart:

Xscape continues to be a part of the soundtrack to my life, the quality of the song's are of such a high standard.. that you're drawn back in, each time you feel the need to hear newly released material.... they did a wonderful job, Let's get it to number one!!!!! The King is well & truly immortalized :heart:

im addicted, i hear the songs and his voice the whole time in my head...even at work or at night. sick!

Loving You vocals on the demo are out of tune compared to the updated, version, I also heard some minor tuning fluctuations at some point. It's melodyne, not autotune.

Teddy Riley claimed the fake tracks on Michael sound fake because of melodyne. This pretty much proves to me he's full of you-know-what. (I also downloaded a trial version and played with it).

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Question: does anyone else feel the beats are out of sync on the second chorus of LNFSG, McClain version? Feels like it's 50-100ms too late compared to rest of the instruments and the first/third chorus.

Annita;4003221 said:
Seems the commercial is allready in TV

andjustice4MJ @andjustice4some · 5 Std.

Just saw the Jeep LNFSG commercial on TV!

yes....started airing last Thursday May 8th. I expect to see them tonight on The Voice, the highest rated show on TV

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

My quick impression of the HD audio version (24 bit 96 kHz):

I've listened to them very quickly and I must say. They are extremely detailed! The stereo image is very rich, and the dynamics are out of this world.

His voice, oh my god, it's like he is in the room with you. It's extremely well produced and mastered! You can obviously hear that the cd version is compressed and lacks the dynamics of the original (new) recordings. The demos are highly detailed as well.

And I judged the above from a listening session at a very low volume. Tuesday I will blast the album through my speakers!!

Soon after I will post a track by track review!

P.S., the kick of the new APWNN is very rich and full, on this version it doesn't affect the rest of the instruments, which is the case on the cd version. It brings a new and wide dimension to that specific track. I absolutely love the new version!! (In contrary to other members on this board)

My album should have arrived, when I get home from work tonight! :dancin:

I won't be giving a review, until have listened to it at least 3-4 times.

Xscape is #2 in UK iTunes this morning!!

That's pretty good for 2 reasons;

1. MJ normally does better on physical copies, and not so well on iTunes.
2. The album at number 1 is a compilation - which will not count on the main album chart.

Update;

Sorry, Black Keys (never heard of them) are number 1 on iTunes.

I just hope MJ can outsell them with physicals.

Question about the album credits:

For LNFSG the album booklet says it was written by Michael and Paul Anka - with no mention of Kathy Wakefield. But on Johnny Mathis' album she is named as one of the co-writers. So did she just work on the Mathis version but not with Michael and Anka?

P.S., the kick of the new APWNN is very rich and full, on this version it doesn't affect the rest of the instruments, which is the case on the cd version. It brings a new and wide dimension to that specific track. I absolutely love the new version!! (In contrary to other members on this board)

I absolutely adore the new version!!

My local Asda store have Xscape at number 3. The Black keys and "Now" album at 2 and 1.

Heart FM mentioned the album during the news and called it "highly anticipated".

BBC Radio 2 (UKs biggest station) have Xscape as the album of the week and will play a different track from it each day x x

I absolutely adore the new version!!

I hated it at first but I've grown to absolute love it. The only song I'm waiting to warm to is Blue Gangsta

Any one notice Xscape is first album since BAD with no rapping!!!

Any one notice Xscape is first album since BAD with no rapping!!!

hey, nicely spotted! I must admit I do not care for raps in MJ songs but there are a few exceptions

IT HAS DOWNLOADED!!! Time to Xscape :D

Dl2yJuT.gif

Heads up - L. A. Reid and Timbaland will be on NBC's Today Show, Tuesday May 13th to talk about Xscape.

For the meanwhile anyway, MJ's back where he belongs on the NZ iTunes charts! ^_^

2DlS48k.png

Last edited:

that album cover looks even better when it's on #1.

Heads up - L. A. Reid and Timbaland will be on NBC's Today Show, Tuesday May 13th to talk about Xscape.

L.A. Reid will also be in Access Hollywood Today and Jerkins tomorrow in CBS. Would be nice when there will be also something album-related on Ellen-show this week.

Shaun Robinson ?@MsShaunRobinson 9 h.

Great interview w/my friend @LA_Reid today! Talking new #MichaelJackson album! Watch Monday @accesshollywood! pic.twitter.com/wVu6IMCskv

Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 12 h.

Great interview today with CBS THIS MORNING Tune in on tuesday morning! Talking #MJ #XSCAPE #EVOLVEMUSIC

I preordered from iTunes, got the email to say it's ready to download, went to the store where it has always said PRE ORDERED and now all the other songs have prices next to them and I have to pay to complete my album.

:(

Black Keys?

I preordered from iTunes, got the email to say it's ready to download, went to the store where it has always said PRE ORDERED and now all the other songs have prices next to them and I have to pay to complete my album.

:(

Click 'Store' at the top of the screen (on Windows, you might have to press Alt to see the options), then choose check for available downloads. If that doesn't work, go to Preferences > Store > Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases. Give it a few seconds and everything you've bought on iTunes should be there amongst your other albums. Look for the Xscape album then download it by right-clicking the artwork and choosing 'Download'.

I did it via the second way ^_^

Back