Xscape General Discussion

Is it possible that some of you hate Beiber more than you like MJ?

Good question!

Billboard is going to be a very important performance. If STTR is the second single, it has to be released straight to the face. A hologram being utilized is very controversial but, a hologram in and of itself (especially if it is Navi) will make the audience watching forget the single they heard and discuss the hologram they saw.

Last edited:
I think next single has to be Xscape. The video could be like that intro to HIStory world tour.

Thought if 'Love' with JT's presence itself couldn't do well, I doubt any of the other songs will have an impact on the Hot 100.

I am very scared about the whole Bieber thing! However, I am not getting all work up before I see anything official.

The reason I am really scared is not because of the usual "I hate Bieber, blablablablabla" stuff, but because Bieber is actually REALLY unpopular. The scandals he has been involved in in the last couple years has made him very unpopular to the general public and he lost a whole lot of fans too.

Exactly. Go back to 2011-2012, I wouldn't really mind. The kid's voice honestly isn't that bad and he has a strong love for MJ, no doubt introducing many of his young fans to the King's works.

But that was then. His douchey antics has lost him a great deal of popularity over the past year and many of his fans have now moved onto other artists such as One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer. His latest projects (Journals and Believe - The Movie) prove it. Judging by his current popularity, it seems the world has moved on tbh.

Another question;

How many of you considering 'boycotting' if JB is used on any remix singles, due to him being a 'naughty boy', also boycotted MJ albums after he worked with the; 'drug taking', 'womanising', 'chain smoking', 'foul mouthed', 'alcohol abusing' Slash?

I wouldn't like to think that some fans had double standards. Perhaps those of you hating on JB, for his misdemeanors, might like to go and read a biography on Slash. It might make your hair curl!

Man, I just can't believe this. Justin Bieber & Michael Jackson... I'm gonna puke. They just don't match.

@Tygger, I don't understand how you seem to ignore the fact that MJ invited NSYNC, and that includes Justine Timberlake, to sing on one of his songs WMCIG. He invited them on MSG concert. He appeared on their "Dirty Pop" live preformance. That's a fact. Even if you say that it is not JT alone, yet JT was there singing on a MJ song, dancing next to him. So it is just logical that it is more acceptable to see JT involved on one of the MJ's and Anka's songs. I mean even if some fans don't like JT, we cannot deny that MJ as a matter of fact appeared at least three times officially next to him and the rets of the band. JT doesn't have negative image and is an accomplished artists even if some fans don't like him.

But Bieber? Man, it was cute when Usher made a duet with him on "Somebody To Love" and all, but look what he has become! A pure industrialized product by the music machinery and full of himself. He does respect MJ, so what? MJ earned that respect. Bieber has yet to earn to be respected. And I am disgusted that only because Bieber is La Reid's man that we have to shut up over his choice to put Bieber alongside MJ. Where is respect for MJ here? Would any Elvis Presley's or Beatles' fan accept to see their idols' hologram perform with... Bieber??? To some extent I could see JT perform, but Bieber? Seriously? Where is this heading to? Instant money grabbing success and two days later flush down the toilet?

Another question;

How many of you considering 'boycotting' if JB is used on any remix singles, due to him being a 'naughty boy', also boycotted MJ albums after he worked with the; 'drug taking', 'womanising', 'chain smoking', 'foul mouthed', 'alcohol abusing' Slash?

I wouldn't like to think that some fans had double standards. Perhaps those of you hating on JB, for his misdemeanors, might like to go and read a biography on Slash. It might make your hair curl!

I couldn't really care if Slash or Bieber f*ck a lot of chicks, smoke weed, swear a lot, or drink a lot of alcohol tbh. That's their personal life and only involves them and a few other people. My main issue is that Bieber has lost a lot of popularity over the past year, with the general public and his fans. While this remix featuring Bieber might sell a lot, judging by his recent projects, it most likely won't do as well because Bieber has lost a lot of popularity over 2013 and doesn't sell as much as he used to.

Hell, Justin Timberlake has far more star power than Bieber, is much more respected by the general public and continues to sell extremely well to this day. There's a benefit from having him on a remix with Michael Jackson. Bieber? Not so much.

Man, I just can't believe this. Justin Bieber & Michael Jackson... I'm gonna puke. They just don't match.

@Tygger, I don't understand how you seem to ignore the fact that MJ invited NSYNC, and that includes Justine Timberlake, to sing on one of his songs WMCIG. He invited them on MSG concert. He appeared on their "Dirty Pop" live preformance. That's a fact. Even if you say that it is not JT alone, yet JT was there singing on a MJ song, dancing next to him. So it is just logical that it is more acceptable to see JT involved on one of the MJ's and Anka's songs. I mean even if some fans don't like JT, we cannot deny that MJ as a matter of fact appeared at least three times officially next to him and the rets of the band. JT doesn't have negative image and is an accomplished artists even if some fans don't like him.

But Bieber? Man, it was cute when Usher made a duet with him on "Somebody To Love" and all, but look what he has become! A pure industrialized product by the music machinery and full of himself. He does respect MJ, so what? MJ earned that respect. Bieber has yet to earn to be respected. And I am disgusted that only because Bieber is La Reid's man that we have to shut up over his choice to put Bieber alongside MJ. Where is respect for MJ here? Would any Elvis Presley's or Beatles' fan accept to see their idols' hologram perform with... Bieber??? To some extent I could see JT perform, but Bieber? Seriously? Where is this heading to? Instant money grabbing success and two days later flushe down the toilet?

I agree, but this will not be the last time we hear MJ in a duet with someone like this. I couldnt care less what JB's music sounds like (I detest today's "sound") but he's been such a little arrogant d*ckhead the last year that I would like to think that Michael would have said "aaaah, no thanks" when asked about a duet with JB. Same goes for Chris Brown for that matter.

The MJ- Justin Bieber Duett will not haben. I`am sure. Qbee allready said the Estate is well aware in the opinion from fans to this theme.

In the interview L.A.Reid just gave his opinion for future projects but he is not in charge of the decision to future projects.

I’d say bring us a hologram and dancers next to it and that’s it. Just make it beautiful. No need in any other singer. I have nothing against Justin and if he is to perform, I’m fine with it … But if they can make it ONLY Michael – why not?

The MJ- Justin Bieber Duett will not haben. I`am sure. Qbee allready said the Estate is well aware in the opinion from fans to this theme.

In the interview L.A.Reid just gave his opinion for future projects but he is not in charge of the decision to future projects.

I really hope you're right.

Another question;

I wasn't old enough to watch Michael and Slash Live. So i don't have any comment on that. But since Mike was alive to collaborate with Slash, I guess he liked him as an artist. As for JB, yes i'm not a fan, don't like how he acts but is an ok singer that loves Mike. As i said on my previous post, thats all i'll give him. Of course i'll support Xscape, No question. But I don't think i can support JB being part of it. And like i said before, thats as far as we can all go (sharing our opinions about this). ;)

I'll be honest.

I think a lot of people have an over-inflated opinion of themselves. Hence we get a lot of heated, over-dramatic "I AM GOING TO BOYCOTT..." nonsense. Usually from the same people.

Boycott if you want. But don't KEEP throwing that around like it matters much.

I have seen a lot of comments as to JB's 'behaviour' being the main reason people don't want him on a re-mix.

My question still stands to these people. Have you boycotted all songs albums that contained Slash (who has done far worse than JB)? Perhaps you refuse to own the album Dangerous?

It's actually kind of hilarious that the Black Keys drummer has a negative opinion towards Michael, and immediately fans are hating him for it. Not everyone in the world has to love Michael, you know.

Some fans are ridiculous.

I think it's a little two faced that when a man expresses his own opinion we all shout him down, then in the same sentence we are slating Bieber in the same way.

I don't have an opinion on the Bieber situation, I have the album that I wanted and its amazing. Its great to see Michael everywhere again x just as a side note though, and this in no way gived me an opinion bit just wanted to say...

I have a 12 year old and 14 year old niece. Neither would entertain Michael or his music, even as far as refusing to listen or calling ot boring or 'old'. Then came the Bieber leak... and they loved it! They asked many questions and since the leak, have really started listening to MJ albums...

BOTH of them asked me to grab them a copy of Xscape and both really rate the album! They are fans not because Bieber was on the track (neither of them really listen to JB), but because the Bieber track made them stand up and listen.

Not an opinion either way, just a story I wanted to share x x

BG is such a terrible song. That BG video I just saw lol, what in the blue hell was that ? Just terrible.

When you post like yours above, don't forget to add "in my opinion" or "I think" or "I thought it was awful" :D

When you put your opinion out like above, you ruffled my feathers as it sounded like you have final say or your opinion is what counts, when in fact,it is only your opinion :pth:

I hate it, really really do. But what can we do?? LA Reid is the head of Sony, he's making the decisions! And Justin is his "man".

Head of Sony? He is head of Epic, the house Thriller built and the estate has final say what is going to happen, so lets wait.
PS, where did you get that "it was decided months ago"?

"[It's] some ****ing bullshit that sucks so bad that it took them three years after he died to make it listenable,"

Bieber over this asshole any day!

I just can't with you:rollin:
You one of the most passionate fans here and wear your heart on your sleeve.
Its a roller coaster reading your posts:D

Can somebody tell me who are we boycotting now, Black keys or Bieber?

I think it would be better for the estate to get Beyonce to do thingy with Michael, as we know Michael would have wanted it:cheeky:

Last edited:

I was sad to heat LA Reid say that this is it for him when he was ask if anymore work with him and the Estate was coming. I hope that this is not it. LA Reid and his producers did a beautiful job on Xscape their brought Michael alive again and i thank them. Timbaland said in his interview he didn't want to do this because it was hard listening to Michael tracks with his voices on them but he said it was like Michael was guide him throught it it was hard but he did it.

My question still stands to these people. Have you boycotted all songs albums that contained Slash (who has done far worse than JB)? Perhaps you refuse to own the album Dangerous?

Not the same thing. Slash was/is a respected musician, what's Bieber?

Am I the only one that actually thinks the Bieber duet aint all that bad. It will also introduce Michael to a completely brand new fan base.

Am I the only one that actually thinks the Bieber duet aint all that bad. It will also introduce Michael to a completely brand new fan base.

As much as i hate yer man, I think its an OK duet.

Its a million times better than Beat It 2008.....

I honestly don't care if there is going to be duet with Biebs, I don't have to listen to it nor buy it, but I rather not have him on BB awards with what they have planned to do with MJ. BB awards should be about MJ and MJ only. They said it will go down to history, and I want all the glory for Michael only (yeah I know, selfish me).

Not the same thing. Slash was/is a respected musician, what's Bieber?

You are missing my point.

I am talking to those who are particularly using JB's 'behaviour' as their reason for not wanting him anywhere near an MJ re-mix. I think I have even read that "MJ would not want to work with him", based on his 'reputation'.

Now, I am asking those same people if they had/have the same reservations - even 'disgust' for the way MJ worked with someone with a 'reputation' for 'naughty behaviour' - Slash.

By the way. I like Slash more than JB. But, again, that is not my point.

I just don't think people can hate on a kid for his 'bad reputation' but then ignore the reputation of others Mike worked with. That's hypa...hypacrit.....hypocrit.........(oh, balls to it) two-faced.:cheeky:

If you don't like JB's style, or think he is talented enough, then fine. But is that really a reason to "BOYCOTT"? Really??

Right, will we start talking about this amazing beautiful album that we received recently and how it making impact all over the world:clapping:

I personally think LNFSG is going be played to day in day out this summer as it is just perfect summer song.

Hey guys, is it true that The Black Keys lowered their album price in iTunes?
Have they got the same record label than Katy Perry? Pulling tricks in order to chart, and same goes with Lily Allen.

Ps, up date to projected sales
UPDATE: Both albums are now projected to sell 140-150k.
Read the whole article here:
http://hiphop-n-more.com/2014/05/michael-jackson-xscape-first-week-sales-projections/

No wonder Black keys has to resort discount prices to fight for no 1 spot:cheeky:
Hopefully video release yesterday gave a little push for sales and then hopefully BB awards gives another push:wild:

Last edited:
It's actually kind of hilarious that the Black Keys drummer has a negative opinion towards Michael, and immediately fans are hating him for it. Not everyone in the world has to love Michael, you know.

Some fans are ridiculous.

Negative opinion? He was extremely rude, insulted the biggest artist that ever lived, cursed.. and for what, to be #1! Pathetic.

Bieber fans would crucify that asshole. Too bad MJ don't have fans like that anymore.

My thoughts on Blue Gangsta...I love, love, love heavy bass. But after listening to the 'new' version several times, I'll stick to the original. I love the syncopation, the rhythm, the horns, the accordion. It makes me move. Love his powerful, emotional delivery. {"I can no longer smile, baby"} I can't even hear when he says, "You make me wanna sing" in the 2014 version, a line that makes me gasp...I've played that part over and over again just to hear him say it. One of my favorite tunes, I must admit.

What hate Bieber? I think i have heard 2 songs in the malls while in the US. Baby and Boyfriend. He has some talent surely.

Back in the day MJ fans hated Akon for his duck like voice? Is it something like that?

Or did he abuse his Girlfriend like Chris Brown?

Update US iTunes album chart now:
Deluxe Xscape no 2
Normal Xscape no 14 (both albums count as one on bb charts)
Number ones 19
The Essential MJ 62

Back