Xscape General Discussion

Spanish breakfast news t.v has been promoting the album alot with news reports on the release and today they had another report showing the new video for quite a while

After a week solid listening here is my order of favourites

1) Slave to the Rhythm
2) A place with no name
3) Xscape
4) Love Never Felt so good
5) Loving You
6) Do you know where your children are (Great song I'm not convince on either version, a guitar playing the riff is required)
7) Blue Gangsta
8) Chicago

IMO

After a week solid listening here is my order of favourites

1) Slave to the Rhythm
2) A place with no name
3) Xscape
4) Love Never Felt so good
5) Loving You
6) Do you know where your children are (Great song I'm not convince on either version, a guitar playing the riff is required)
7) Blue Gangsta
8) Chicago

IMO
Is your screen name Bat Humph or Bath Umph?

Today I got my pshysical copies: a standard one and a deluxe one. Now, I still haven't opened them, cause I want to preserve them perfectly...I already bought from iTunes and listen from there.

So, I wonder...am I the only one who does not open the CDs? Lol like, i am dying to open them but also want to keep them sealed. Am I crazy??

No, I do that too. I bought 1 deluxe, opened it and listened it. Then bought another deluxe to keep it sealed. I also bought US deluxe and standard edition to keep them sealed.

by MJ Beats

"An insider (@ VioletAfro) has just revealed some details about the performance of the King of Pop on the Billboard Music Awards two days from now."

10372250_630823893660356_4555069537662650086_n.jpg

A lot of the posts before the album, came from people who were complaining/criticising about almost everything. Now the album has been released, has been excellent, and been received well - by press, public, and, more importantly, the fans - the complainers have had most of their reason for posting taken away from them (even the Beiber 'catastrophe' was nipped in the bud nice and early).
Their 'complaining' (= expressing their opinion, just like you do) has nothing to do with having their reason for posting taken away from them. Chart success and general consensus do not (or at least should not) dictate how an individual feels about music. More likely these fans post less because they, unlike you seem to think, simply do not feel they have to repeat their opinion about the album a million times. That, as well as the fact that giving a critical opinion here does not inspire discussion, but instead immediately gets you labeled a complainer/ungrateful/party pooper/soulless by people like you.

by MJ Beats

"An insider (@ VioletAfro) has just revealed some details about the performance of the King of Pop on the Billboard Music Awards two days from now."

10372250_630823893660356_4555069537662650086_n.jpg
Interesting. The first line almost seems to suggest it is not a hologram, but the last line does.

I'm about to blow out the speakers in my car with these songs. Just sweet, addictive ear candy. :chillin:

DJ_OXyGeNe_8;4006656 said:
7m6W2L.jpg

King Of Pop albums gift for Xscape albums
Never saw a pic of the Turkish KOP collection before. Nice. Türk müsünüz?

Xscape deluxe edition.

The CD is absolutely amazing!! - Best album in many years - and many years to come.

The DVD is absolutely CRAP !! - Worst DVD addition to a deluxe album ever... (even worse than the DVD on T25) Why only 23 minutes?? - and the outtakes? I don't even know why they added the DVD.

A DVD with studio footage of MJ recording the songs and a track-by-track doc could have been great. With some background info about each song, MJ's vision, how they comtemporized it, why they choose that direction etc. etc.

The DVD is extremly disappointing and I will never ever see it again. Truely rubbish IMO - and the deluxe release had been cheaper and better of without it....

This is all just my opinion of course - and I do not wanna be too negative, but the DVD really was a wasted opportunity and they ruined it completely IMO.

They should have released the Deluxe edition as a 1 CD with no DVD. - That way it would propably have been a little cheaper.

Xscape deluxe edition.

The CD is absolutely amazing!! - Best album in many years - and many years to come.

The DVD is absolutely CRAP !! - Worst DVD addition to a deluxe album ever... (even worse than the DVD on T25) Why only 23 minutes?? - and the outtakes? I don't even know why they added the DVD.

A DVD with studio footage of MJ recording the songs and a track-by-track doc could have been great. With some background info about each song, MJ's vision, how they comtemporized it, why they choose that direction etc. etc.

The DVD is extremly disappointing and I will never ever see it again. Truely rubbish IMO - and the deluxe release had been cheaper and better of without it....

This is all just my opinion of course - and I do not wanna be too negative, but the DVD really was a wasted opportunity and they ruined it completely IMO.

They should have released the Deluxe edition as a 1 CD with no DVD. - That way it would propably have been a little cheaper.

Obviously there is NO studio footage. Even MJ and many many co-workers said that he didn't want do be filmed while recording.

Maybe Rodney has some footage but that is it.

^^ Not true, there is plenty of studio footage of MJ confirmed by several of his collaborators. The truth is the DVD was a wasted opportunity.

There might be, but not performing the songs from Xscape.

Rodney Jerkins also stated that he had studio footage from his sessions with MJ for Vince. That's besides the point to be honest. They are already releasing The "Collaborations" via youtube, unnecessary to include that on a DVD. The duration of the DVD is laughable at best, 20 mins? I mean comeon.

That's the only complaint i have for this project :)

Rodney Jerkins also stated that he had studio footage from his sessions with MJ for Vince. That's besides the point to be honest. They are already releasing The "Collaborations" via youtube, unnecessary to include that on a DVD. The duration of the DVD is laughable at best, 20 mins? I mean comeon.

That's the only complaint i have for this project :)

I completely agree that it should have been longer and included Forger, Anka, Cory Rooney and Dr. Freeze.

Any stream links for todays BET Making of Xscape documentary? Please..

More likely these fans post less because they, unlike you seem to think, simply do not feel they have to repeat their opinion about the album a million times. That, as well as the fact that giving a critical opinion here does not inspire discussion, but instead immediately gets you labeled a complainer/ungrateful/party pooper/soulless by people like you.
------------------------------------

very true. i posted ny opinions and left because frankly im not a ten year old in the play ground who has to put up with people who talk down to you because you dare to have a different opinion than them. it shows immaturity on peoples part that they cant excepct other ppls opinions.and frankly to be treated like soneone who isnt supporting mj is frankly insulting.

im very happy its doing so well and ive bought a copy on a amazon gift card i have but it doesnt change the fact i dislike 90% of the remixes. sorry if that makes me a bad fan!!

Back