Xscape General Discussion

Katy Perry is talented, though. Not too sure about Rihanna.

David Bowie sold a lot of albums when he came back last year. I guess people just recognize talent. That is why Michael is outselling most of the new albums out.

Yes, David did great without single appearance or performance. I have to say that some promotion tactics that Xscape has now are similar to the promotion David's album had.

3T: 'Michael Jackson would have been proud that his new music is making people smile'
3T HAVE revealed that Michael Jackson would have been happy that his music is still making people smile, five years after his death.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/showb...oud-that-his-new-music-is-making-people-smile

By: Kelby McNally
Published: Tue, May 20, 2014

ST, The big reunion, michael jackson, uncle, death, new album, [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon], Love Never Felt So Good3T revealed that their late uncle would be happy his music is still making people smile[WENN]

Speaking to Express.co.uk, the boy band - who are made up of TJ, Taryll and Taj Jackson - claimed that despite that fact their late uncle is not here to approve any new music, he would be glad that fans are enjoying it.

"It's hard to say if he would be proud of it," revealed Taj about the recently released posthumous album [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon].

"But I know that he would be happy that people are enjoying it and that it's putting smiles on people's faces, because that's what he loved to do.

"I know that he would be happy that people are enjoying it and that it's putting smiles on people's faces, because that's what he loved to do"

"He loved making people happy and giving them that escape, so I think that's great."

However, the 41-year-old suggested that his uncle might not have been overly keen on the final version of the latest single Love Never Felt So Good, which features Justin Timberlake.

"I don't know what he would think of the final version, but it's nice that they have the original version too so that people really know where it came from."

ST, The big reunion, michael jackson, uncle, death, new album, [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon], Love Never Felt So GoodMichael Jackson's posthumous album [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon] has just been released [WENN]

TJ, 36, added: "As long as things are done in a non deceitful way it's okay but it's troublesome when they try to pass things off as my uncle as he was such a strong perfectionist."

The trio, who recently made their return to the spotlight on The Big Reunion, went on to reveal that despite their families' success [their father Tito was also in The Jackson 5] they were never pressured into doing the same.

ST, The big reunion, michael jackson, uncle, death, new album, [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon], Love Never Felt So GoodThe stars are set to embark on a tour with The Big Reunion in October [PH]

"Some of our earliest memories are doing music with out uncles and father but they always kept it really light with us, there was never any pressure," said TJ.

In fact, the stars - who are set to embark on their first tour in 17 years with The Big Reunion this October - confessed that Michael would tell them to enjoy their anonymity.

"Uncle Michael always told us to enjoy those anonymous moments because that wan't something he was able to do," said Taj.

Taryll added: "The best piece of advice he ever gave was to enjoy life. To stop and look around. Enjoy things like the sunset, the simple things."

ST, The big reunion, michael jackson, uncle, death, new album, [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon], Love Never Felt So GoodTJ Jackson described his late uncle as a 'strong perfectionist' [PH]

The RnB band later touched on the negativity shrouding Michael, admitting that it triggers a lot of emotions, inclduing "frustration, sadness and anger".

The legend, who died in 2009 aged 50, was involved in a highly-publicised child abuse scandal of which he was eventually acquitted.

"There's been a lot of misleading and incorrect things said about him and that hurts because you know the kind of person he is and you know what he's given back," said Taryll.

"Yet you know what he receives and it doesn't match up and it's unfair."

ST, The big reunion, michael jackson, uncle, death, new album, [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon], Love Never Felt So GoodThe trio have been performing together since they were teenagers [WENN]

Meanwhile, speaking about their comeback tour - which will see them star alongside other reunited bands such as Blue, 5ive and Damage - the US-based trio revealed that they coudln't wait to get back on the stage.

"It's been a long time since we've been in the UK performing, so looking forward to it," said TJ.

"We feel our journey has never reached completion. We started off with Brotherhood and it kinda stopped for us as well and we kind of disappeared so i think we're just trying to get back on our path and to reach our goals that we've set from when we started.

"We can't wait to get back."

3T: 'Michael Jackson would have been proud that his new music is making people smile'
Taj+Jackson+3T+Visit+Michael+Jackson+Waxwork+HCHUhwHpoxKl.jpg

LONDON, ENGLAND – MAY 20: TJ Jackson Tarryl Jackson and Taj Jackson of the band ’3T’ visit Michael Jackson’s wax figure at Madame Tussauds – London on May 20, 2014 in London, England.

^^Just imagine if they put Kenichi Ebina in a green room with sensors on him and make a computerized short movie for a MJ song. It would be just amazing! For the info Kenichi Ebina is a MJ fan and has studied all MJ's moves and came up with his own style. Is there anyway to suggest this to the Estate?

Take a look what he did all by himself (his ideas, his moves), and imagien what could have been done if he worked with a professional team:

[youtube]K3ypnsduDac[/youtube]

I agree as this performer is quite talented. However, he may have taken attention away from the illusion of seeing Michael live and that was supposed to be the focus at Billboard.

Being a great dancer and dancing like mj - while they come from the same level of consciousness of dance, embodying the Essenes of Michael while being true to dance is something else... The guy above is a good dancer in his own style, not a choice as an mj embodied dancer..

Xscape outsold The Black Keys by 572 copies!

pic.twitter.com/bFGzf0srOa

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not saying it's not true or be a killjoy... but don't we have to wait for the official word from Billboard tomorrow? After what Michael did for them the other night on their awards show to bring the ratings in at an all time high... he better win!:pirate:

I would like to give my opinion on the whole Xscape album. I know some may have a different opinion to me but thats what this is all about I suppose.

I am happy to get to hear the original recordings and I think some of the "remixes" are quite good. Lets face it, the updated versions are just remixes (I completely agree with Damien Shields). I have a concern that I want to share with you that im sure in the previous 1044 pages may have already been covered but nonetheless I still want to add my 2 cents. I recall hearing LA Reid mention that when choosing the songs for the album he wanted tracks that MJ completed so that he knew MJ loved them too. I would expect a fairly extensive bit of research would have to have been done ie consulting the staff that worked on these tracks, hearing demo's etc, final selection etc. LA Reid mentioned somewhere that he had no idea that 6 of the 8 tracks were already widely available amonst not only MJ fans but the general public.. How is it that a man who is the boss of EPIC Records couldnt do a simple Google search to find this out astounds me. We have a man in such a high position, getting paid the big bucks, making all the big decisions and he wasnt aware of this??? I find this astonishing... He is either being untruthful or quite incompetent. Either way, I cant say I am confortable with this guy calling the shots on an MJ album. Watching the doco's that come with the album and reading body language and general feel tells me that Timbaland and Jerkins werent all that keen on him. I saw Jerkins say something to the effect of "When LA Reid asked me to do the album I wasnt completely sure, its not that I dont trust LA...." and then he went on to say some other stuff which I cant recall that right now but reading into the statement of "its not that I dont trust LA", it really gives the vibe of someone who isnt 100% with the guy and would know him on a different level to all of us here... Timbaland just looked really disinterested, slouching. LA Reid looked to be trying too hard to look like he knew what he was talking about and came off looking like a tool. Seeing LA Reid at the Billboard awards trying to look cool while the performance was happening was just plain awkward.

As for selection of producers, I think Rodney Gerkins (Yes, I know its Jerkins but thats just what I call him) did the best remix with Xscape and its a shame he didnt get a shot at any other tracks. COnsidering he was the only one to intimately work with MJ in the studio it would have been good... Timbaland did a plausible job on STTR, Chicago & Loving You but felt he didnt have the passion required and probably just picked the beats "off the shelf" and really just didnt care as much.... He should not be let near another MJ project again, same goes for LA Reid...... Deadset fool....

As for Stargate, absolute flop....I would be embarrased to play this to anyone....

LA Reid = Flog

I would like to give my opinion on the whole Xscape album. I know some may have a different opinion to me but thats what this is all about I suppose.

I am happy to get to hear the original recordings and I think some of the "remixes" are quite good. Lets face it, the updated versions are just remixes (I completely agree with Damien Shields). I have a concern that I want to share with you that im sure in the previous 1044 pages may have already been covered but nonetheless I still want to add my 2 cents. I recall hearing LA Reid mention that when choosing the songs for the album he wanted tracks that MJ completed so that he knew MJ loved them too. I would expect a fairly extensive bit of research would have to have been done ie consulting the staff that worked on these tracks, hearing demo's etc, final selection etc. LA Reid mentioned somewhere that he had no idea that 6 of the 8 tracks were already widely available amonst not only MJ fans but the general public.. How is it that a man who is the boss of EPIC Records couldnt do a simple Google search to find this out astounds me. We have a man in such a high position, getting paid the big bucks, making all the big decisions and he wasnt aware of this??? I find this astonishing... He is either being untruthful or quite incompetent. Either way, I cant say I am confortable with this guy calling the shots on an MJ album. Watching the doco's that come with the album and reading body language and general feel tells me that Timbaland and Jerkins werent all that keen on him. I saw Jerkins say something to the effect of "When LA Reid asked me to do the album I wasnt completely sure, its not that I dont trust LA...." and then he went on to say some other stuff which I cant recall that right now but reading into the statement of "its not that I dont trust LA", it really gives the vibe of someone who isnt 100% with the guy and would know him on a different level to all of us here... Timbaland just looked really disinterested, slouching. LA Reid looked to be trying too hard to look like he knew what he was talking about and came off looking like a tool. Seeing LA Reid at the Billboard awards trying to look cool while the performance was happening was just plain awkward.

As for selection of producers, I think Rodney Gerkins (Yes, I know its Jerkins but thats just what I call him) did the best remix with Xscape and its a shame he didnt get a shot at any other tracks. COnsidering he was the only one to intimately work with MJ in the studio it would have been good... Timbaland did a plausible job on STTR, Chicago & Loving You but felt he didnt have the passion required and probably just picked the beats "off the shelf" and really just didnt care as much.... He should not be let near another MJ project again, same goes for LA Reid...... Deadset fool....

As for Stargate, absolute flop....I would be embarrased to play this to anyone....

LA Reid = Flog

I think 90% of all MJ fans, DISAGREE with you.

Especially when you said that Timbaland picked beats from the shelf. Seriously? Timbaland and L.A. Reid did an outstanding job. All of the tracks on the album were done with care and attention to detail.

And the Stargate song? One of the best tracks on the album.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't share this opinion. Music is a matter of taste and feelings.

May I ask what kind of music apart from MJ do you listen to?

LA Reid mentioned somewhere that he had no idea that 6 of the 8 tracks were already widely available amonst not only MJ fans but the general public..

Available is one thing but how common do you think it is that general public go to internet and listen to songs they don´t know exist?

I think 90% of all MJ fans, DISAGREE with you.

Especially when you said that Timbaland picked beats from the shelf. Seriously? Timbaland and L.A. Reid did an outstanding job. All of the tracks on the album were done with care and attention to detail.

And the Stargate song? One of the best tracks on the album.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't share this opinion. Music is a matter of taste and feelings.

May I ask what kind of music apart from MJ do you listen to?

Thanks IMWhizzle. I didnt expect to get everyone agreeing with me but its simpky how I feel. I think its a reasonable album and I am happy just to get any MJ music as I am sure we all are. Apart from MJ, I dont listen to much else but I I guess its mainly pop but I quite like artists such as Richard Marx, Phil Collins, Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, Lionel Richie, Creedence, Crowded House (Yeah I know they are a bit embarassing, feel free to bag me for this haha).

Thanks IMWhizzle. I didnt expect to get everyone agreeing with me but its simpky how I feel. I think its a reasonable album and I am happy just to get any MJ music as I am sure we all are. Apart from MJ, I dont listen to much else but I I guess its mainly pop but I quite like artists such as Richard Marx, Phil Collins, Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, Lionel Richie, Creedence, Crowded House (Yeah I know they are a bit embarassing, feel free to bag me for this haha).

Aha! You like listening to the 'old' stuff! In that case I can understand that this album is not your cup of tea. Luckily, you'll get the demos with the deluxe version.

MIST;4010709 said:
Available is one thing but how common do you think it is that general public go to internet and listen to songs they don´t know exist?

Thanks MIST but I would expect a guy who is the boss of a record company and in this case one of the biggest if not the biggest would have quite a few staff working on the album and able to complete a simple google search which should have told them the songs exist... For someone who makes the millions, that is pretty disappointing, embarassing actually. Its not as if he didnt have the song titles as opposed to someone searching for something they dont know exists (dont know how this is possible btw).

While they may have been beat out for the top rank in the UK, Turn Blue is the most successful album release for The Black Keys to date. Given their relative size to Michael Jackson online (Jackson has 18 times the number of Facebook page likes, and more than double their following on Twitter), they are performing remarkably well and the race is tighter than expected. With about 300,000 Wikipedia page views in the past month , and more than 6.5 million video views on YouTube, they are achieving mainstream success, with an alternative sound.

If someone is going to beat you to the top of the charts, I can think of worse people than the King of Pop.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/livbuli...still-rises-social-legacy-of-michael-jackson/

I think those views on Wikipedia were Micahel's fans trying to find out who the h**l these guys are lol

Michael is the king, his art will live on for many generations to come... he is a genius & he can't be compared with a band that will probably drift away in about a month. 45 years of hard work and dedication can't be topped, especially someone with such a unique/divine voice that stayed extremely soulful throughout the years :heart:

1967:

October 2008:

Mnwlkr, I have immense respect for L.A. Reid and I believe Xscape would not have been successful without him at the helm. That being said, yes I believe he was being untruthful regarding the leaks. I also understand that he was because the music business is a business first and it made economic sense to feature songs fans already enjoyed. Plus, he could not admit to that and continue with the "bestyouneverheard" tagline.

Reid brought in Timbaland and Jerkins as well as Stargate. They would not be there without him. Jerkins previously said no to placing Xscape on the Michael cd and said yes to placing it on Xscape. I believe there was a good working relationship between Reid and the respective producers. The whole Billboard thing was awkward but, that is another thread.

I completely agree with you regarding Xscape. It is my favorite remix by far.

Quincy Jones On Michael Jackson's 'Xscape': 'It's About Money'

Quincy Jones has a blunt assessment on the latest posthumous Michael Jackson album release, “Xscape” -- “It's about money.”

The Rock And Roll Hall of Famer’s comments were broadcast in a ranging interview for public radio station CBC on his own storied career.

Jones, the great composer, producer and all-round music man, masterminded many of the top hits in MJ’s glittering career. Though clearly he’s not a fan of the “new” stuff. “They're trying to make money. And I understand it. Everybody's after money, the estate, the lawyers. It's about money,” he said.

When asked if he was bothered by the ongoing rollout of recordings featuring the late King of Pop, Jones had this to say: “Yeah, but it's not my business anymore. They're not our business (laughs).”

In the new interview, Jones also goes deep into the sessions on “Thriller,” and he dispelled the oft-told tale of how he’d initially rejected “Billie Jean.” “And this whole fallacy of me not liking 'Billie Jean' is a lie. It is some lie that started somewhere. Anybody can hear that record's a smash. And also I know where it came from.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...es-on-michael-jacksons-xscape-its-about-money

radio interview with Quincy: http://www.cbc.ca/q/popupaudio.html?clipIds=2458128757

Vici;4010749 said:
“They're trying to make money. And I understand it. Everybody's after money, the estate, the lawyers. It's about money,” he said.

Didn't Quincy sue the Estate for $10 million? If he's owed then he's owed, the Court will decide that, but let's not pretend he's not interested in money. The worst thing about that lawsuit is though that he's using the same lawyer as Wade Robson/Jimmy Safechuck. :puke:

“Yeah, but it's not my business anymore. They're not our business (laughs).”

Thank god it's not your business anymore, Quincy.
You should not be let near anything Michael related.

I don't know about him not liking Billie Jean, but everything is already there on the MJ demo anyways...so it's not like he was the genius behind it.

He definetly didn't like Smooth Criminal

LA Reid = Flog

yeah i agree. although im not a huge fan of his vince work but considering rodney actually worked with mj it would have been good if he had had more imput.the remix of escape was probably one of the better attempts.considering L.A's previous with mj it does leave a bit of a bad taste that he was brought in to run this project in the first place. along with timberland they dont have the greatest amount of respect for mj and to me the beats of the shelf and not even bothering to listen to mjs versions as if they were irrelevent and we can do far better dont make the taste any better.

quincy needs to go back to his nursing home.vile old man

claudiadoina;4010724 said:
I think those views on Wikipedia were Micahel's fans trying to find out who the h**l these guys are lol

:rollin:

Vici;4010749 said:

Quincy Jones has a blunt assessment on the latest posthumous Michael Jackson album release, “Xscape” -- “It's about money.”

Yeah, the estate have to keep releasing stuff because people like Q are suing MJ's estate for money. Pot - meet kettle.
I wonder how many albums he worked or released for free?

"In the new interview, Jones also goes deep into the sessions on “Thriller,” and he dispelled the oft-told tale of how he’d initially rejected “Billie Jean.” “And this whole fallacy of me not liking 'Billie Jean' is a lie. It is some lie that started somewhere. Anybody can hear that record's a smash. And also I know where it came from.”"

Did anyone bothered to listed the whole interview? What did he said about who started the "lie" that he didn't like BJ? I bet he put the blame on MJ.

Last edited:
yeah i agree. although im not a huge fan of his vince work but considering rodney actually worked with mj it would have been good if he had had more imput.the remix of escape was probably one of the better attempts.considering L.A's previous with mj it does leave a bit of a bad taste that he was brought in to run this project in the first place. along with timberland they dont have the greatest amount of respect for mj and to me the beats of the shelf and not even bothering to listen to mjs versions as if they were irrelevent and we can do far better dont make the taste any better.

quincy needs to go back to his nursing home.vile old man

Wow, finally got someone to agree with me haha !! Thanks for your input and thanks everyone for not getting too annoyed with my view....

Last edited:
I enjopy MJ's music soo much.

Xscape has really grown on me. - At first I did not really like the new verions of STTR, BG, Xscape, DYKWYCA and Xscape.

But once I got the leaked versions out of the head and the new versions under my skin I like them more and more!!

Keeps getting better with each listen. - Loving You is such an amazing song! Chicago is great too. - And LNFSG is pure joy. - Summersong 2014 no doubt !!

Did anyone bothered to listed the whole interview? What did he said about who started the "lie" that he didn't like BJ? I bet he put the blame on MJ.
No doubt that is what he is alluding to. Unfortunately Quincy has developed some sort of weird resentment towards MJ. The actual story though is that Quincy wanted to trim the intro to Billie Jean but Michael insisted it stay as is because that's what makes him want to dance. Not that Quincy didn't like Billie Jean the song. It was Smooth Criminal that he was said not to have liked originally.

Vici;4010749 said:

The Rock And Roll Hall of Famer’s comments were broadcast in a ranging interview for public radio station CBC on his own storied career.

Jones, the great composer, producer and all-round music man, masterminded many of the top hits in MJ’s glittering career. Though clearly he’s not a fan of the “new” stuff. “They're trying to make money. And I understand it. Everybody's after money, the estate, the lawyers. It's about money,” he said.

When asked if he was bothered by the ongoing rollout of recordings featuring the late King of Pop, Jones had this to say: “Yeah, but it's not my business anymore. They're not our business (laughs).”

In the new interview, Jones also goes deep into the sessions on “Thriller,” and he dispelled the oft-told tale of how he’d initially rejected “Billie Jean.” “And this whole fallacy of me not liking 'Billie Jean' is a lie. It is some lie that started somewhere. Anybody can hear that record's a smash. And also I know where it came from.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...es-on-michael-jacksons-xscape-its-about-money

radio interview with Quincy: http://www.cbc.ca/q/popupaudio.html?clipIds=2458128757

Hahaha.. what a douche? Everybody wants the money = him first. Bastard who is suing Estate for money!

Back