Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

i prefer the tricky stewart final mix to this crappy reproduction with other people's voice and touch ups. just give us the original version worked on by babyface, l.a reid & Michael in 1989. this is crap.

W...wha... given that Tricky's version literally has nothing in common with the L.A. Reid/Babyface version? I haven't heard it quite obviously, but Tricky HIMSELF said that he completely redid the song and made it his own.

ok, finally i got to hear it on decent speakers.
i dont get one thing, how on earth are fans complaining now?

we get:
- promo via TV/ads (alot of songs gain popularity via this)
- a snippet of an upcoming single
- it sounds better than the whole michael album and trickys cheap mix. (which was horrible)

also, ive the feeling that timbalands version is closer to the demo. why?
on trickys mix, at the beginning, the earphones are bleeding where u hear (MAYBE) the original demo? and imo timbalands mix contains some elements of that certain part.
i could be wrong, but it came into my mind when i heard it.

nevertheless, those who are complaining that its sound is too "modern" or too "2014". those were the same guys who disliked invincible at the beginning and WHO knows if michael would have done the same or smth similar, if he was still here? NOBODY knows, but its certain that he would have evolved. he would have never released a song like ESCAPE (ie.) in its original form, in this ERA.

i think the main problem is, that nobody knows how MJ would have sounded like in 2014 and that everybody has those BAD/Dangerous Era sound as preference if they think of MJ.
its too early anyway to judge from a snippet, but iam quite happy today and looking forward to the album.

its 100% certain that its produced by timbaland, you can hear him say "SLAVE.......SLAVE..TO... THE RHYTHM"

i prefer the tricky stewart final mix to this crappy reproduction with other people's voice and touch ups. just give us the original version worked on by babyface, l.a reid & Michael in 1989. this is crap.

I think the Tricky mix has more "punch" judging by the snippet, BUT I've listened to the tricky mix quite a few times and the longer I listed the word amateurish came to mind. I mean, the beginning...he tried to "mask" the earphone bleed with beats that don't really fit for example. And the really annoying beep noises.
But the claps in the later part of the song were spot on! That said, the tricky mix is far from finished imo and would need additional details added and some instruments replaced.

Last edited:

ahye, those who are complaining about timbos adlibs.

listen to JAM or 2000 WATTS and you hear teddy riley.
also break of dawn, place with noname has other vocals on the chorus.
so what?

BTW whats the point as a fan posting "this is crap" comments on the video (which has already over 70'000 views despite multiple versions online)?
It changes nothing, at least not for the better (for MJ)

BTW whats the point as a fan posting "this is crap" comments on the video (which has already over 70'000 views despite multiple versions online)?
It changes nothing, at least not for the better (for MJ)

I agree so VERY much here!!

This is a damn good PR moce from the estate! - Not very smart if we the fans ruins it just because we don't get exactly what we had dreamed and hoped for!! - That's just ruining it before it starts!!

Stay positive!!

'New' song for Jackson album

Michael Jackson's second posthumous album will be launched in April with a ''new'' song titled Love Never Felt So Good, according to its co-writer, Paul Anka, right. The veteran Canadian showman, who plays Hamer Hall on March 5, says the song, leaked online in demo form, hails from the same 1983 sessions that yielded Jackson's first posthumous hit, This Is It. Anka successfully sued Jackson's estate over that five years ago, claiming Jackson's minders stole tapes from his studio.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ic-festival-20140223-33amu.html#ixzz2uGZ4c2YU

Guys Michael is not with us anymore. I think the remix has power. I like it more than the tricky mix. And how can you say that is so much away from the demo, if you haven't listen to it. Sure I want that the music Michael left, should be so near to his vision, as could be. But we have 2014. I want that Michael became no. 1 at the charts. He should be at the top again. But that's not possible, with demos like from Bad 25. Michael ever was going with the time, mostly he was ahead the time. In music, fashion etc. He often tooks his old songs, to rework them. And we know, that he want to work with Timbaland. So how you can say, that Michael wouldn't like this mix. Maybe he would do a mix, that is really near to this one. I think Timbaland did a good job. I feel that MJ sound in a new way. Maybe new Dangerous 2014 Style. It sounds like Michael, not like Justin etc. Maybe not 100 percent, but that is not possible. Give it a chance. It will be a club banger. And sorry for my bad english.

Re: 'New' song for Jackson album

weak song.

why do they release these filler tracks and not some killer tracks?

just dont wake interest, or what estate?

Well, I'm no big fan of LNFSG and ain't sure if a Thriller-era song with Thriller-era vocals will fit on a new album (given this rumour is true). The Michael album lacked cohesion by using tracks from too many different eras.

This song is too weak for new album, please give us some hidden gem's, and hope for one song from 2006-2009 :) !

Weak Song, I wouldn't mind it sitting in the vault forever.
I also wouldn't believe Paul Anka. He has been always been looking for attention by using MJ's name. With his lawsuit and his duets album....yea..okay Paul. Keep thinking this is the track everyone wants to hear.

Hope it's just a rumour.

Fake news. If it is released, it won't be the first single for sure. It they release second disc with original versions and demos they can put it there. I don't think the song will fit with other Timbaland produced songs on the disc 1, unless Timbaland changes it drastically. But I doubt he would even work on that song at all.

This is old news. Love Never Felt So Good was a contender for the MICHAEL album back in 2010, but was pulled off alongside All I Need.

I truly hope this is fake news, it seems like it.

So many mistakes by including it. It's too weak, it's a early 80s song, it would never fit to be a single

Just no

I doubt this is true!

Would be a very very weak first single!!

Chicago, STTR, Escape, APWNN or even Blue Gangsta would be MUCH MUCH better single choices!!

BUT - I will not judge before I hear something official, because I really doubt this is true!!

Actually I will be surprised if LNFSG is even on the new album! - I don't think so.

Time will show. :)

it says the second posthumous album, so it isn't old news. and it is dated feb 24th 2014. interesting that it says it is scheduled for april release..

Last edited:

Love never felt so good ?? Please let this be a fake rumour.
That wouldn't fit the album. Please only release songs after 1998 on this new album.
No songs from earlier era.

I really believe that MJ's legacy and everything has left for the world is on a succesful pursuit of destruction!
That was well proved by people in charge with Michael's stuff. They are making bad decisions over and over with his lefts since 2009 and they are going to destroy and ruin him forever!

I have no hope for the future. I think it's over! :ermm:

I really believe that MJ's legacy and everything has left for the world is on a succesful pursuit of destruction!
That was well proved by people in charge with Michael's stuff. They are making bad decisions over and over with his lefts since 2009 and they are going to destroy and ruin him forever!

Such drama.

So much DRAMA
ekh.gif

If the Estate decides to only release retouched versions, they'll make a bad one in my eyes. It won't be a Michael Jackson album, it'll be someone else's (depending which producers are involved) with Michael's vocals just like it was the album MICHAEL (except 3 songs, obviously.)

@Sephiroth820 Actually... IT IS a drama!

You would say that everytime Michael was in trouble, right? Or you just DON'T care! Or... you are agree/dissagree with my opinion. Or you just love to post.
Don't have time for this....

WHERE and WHOM is this said by?

'''New' song for Jackson album
Michael Jackson's second posthumous album will be launched in April with a ''new'' song titled Love Never Felt So Good, according to its co-writer, Paul Anka, right. The veteran Canadian showman, who plays Hamer Hall on March 5, says the song, leaked online in demo form, hails from the same 1983 sessions that yielded Jackson's first posthumous hit, This Is It. Anka successfully sued Jackson's estate over that five years ago, claiming Jackson's minders stole tapes from his studio.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ic-festival-20140223-33amu.html#ixzz2uH7S5WB1''

coming to the depth of this album, i believe two discs would work best for all involved. For fans, it would give them the insight into Michael's unpublished treasures and for the public they'd be hearing fresh sounds with Michael's classic vocals..

You would say that everytime Michael was in trouble, right? Or you just DON'T care! Or... you are agree/dissagree with my opinion. Or you just love to post.

You just posted. First.

Second. Michael legacy isn't in trobule. It's already set in stone.

Third. Life goes on, beside the album.

His legacy will be never destroy. He will be remember from album like Thriller,Bad etc. people aren't stupid and they now the new released it's not a full MJ new album, it's Sony/Estate album inspired by song's left by MJ :). They can ruined a song's but not MJ, because he's LEGEND it's UNBREAKABLE

STOP DRAMA :)

Ok over this negative energy :) !

I'm very exited about upcoming album and first single :) !

It really isn't better than the Tricky mix, because that mix the vocals fit. This is just a remix I heard on previous pages. This album better sound like a Michael Jackson record and not just Timbaland with Michael Jackson's voice. Things were looking promising, but now, not as much. Still gonna be a whole lot of other tracks on that album but this one - if included, is awful.

Now on to the commercial aspect. This is brilliant. Amazing promotion and I've seen so many people want to know what the song is already. Just don't leave it too long or it'll fade out. This could be huge, and Michael could have what he deserves.. The record just have to live up to that. Great promotion - crap album? I sure hope not. Let's just wait and see though, Timbaland can't be the only guy working on this record?

coming to the depth of this album, i believe two discs would work best for all involved. For fans, it would give them the insight into Michael's unpublished treasures and for the public they'd be hearing fresh sounds with Michael's classic vocals..

Not for all involved (Estate). This way they will release 10 tracks. If they do double album, they will release 20 tracks! And those 10 unreleased tracks they can release over the next 20 years, on box-sets, special editions...

I would love 2 CD fan special edition but it is highly unlikely.

Back