Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

Michael is topping with the Immortal and Mj One shows they are a HUGE success and bring his music to the masses so we can be proud of that..
At this point. Not for me!
Michael had one of the best live performance in history in Bucharest 1992. He had a second show in HIStory tour too.
With that... we (me and many of Romanian fans) didn't get the chance to see Immortal here. They did an European tour but not here!
As for the MJ One... rolling just in Vegas it's like a dead dream! And it will be more than 50% percent from fan base around the world that will not get the chance to see the show.

EDIT: however... that's another story/subject!
Sorry for offtopic.

Let's see what's happen next!

Last edited:

Sometimes we get snippets from various songs, and I love hearing MJs songs even if they are incomplete....they are still Michael but just not the finished product. Other additions and substitutions or singers, IMO, do not enhance the songs.....but take away from them. I'd rather hear a little bit of all Michael Jackson rather than a lot or more of just a little MJ mixed with other people's input.

Did will i am accepted to release his tracks ? i remember he said the only way is to ask his mother to allow him to do that

No, he didn't agree to release anything and is still keeping them as far as everyone know.

Did will i am accepted to release his tracks ? i remember he said the only way is to ask his mother to allow him to do that

And if these sounds like the Timbaland thing ?? or worse ???

At this point. Not for me!
Michael had one of the best live performance in history in Bucharest 1992. He had a second show in HIStory tour too.
With that... we (me and many of Romanian fans) didn't get the chance to see Immortal here. They did an European tour but not here!
As for the MJ One... rolling just in Vegas it's like a dead dream! And it will be more than 50% percent from fan base around the world that will not get the chance to see the show.

EDIT: however... that's another story/subject!
Sorry for offtopic.

Let's see what's happen next!

The Bucharest DVD is heavily edited. Hardly "his best performance".

Yeah, he was here twice. But there are places where he went more frequently.

You may be right. But it's still possible the Will.i.am & redone tracks will surface on the album. Lips are sealed for know - but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

will.i.am won't be on here. That's pretty much guaranteed.

check this out

well yeah i know this interview and all i see is MJ being polite (yeah its a very nice groove nice chords) and listening to some beats (actually this beat you hear became a will i am song so MJ rejected it).

and from the result you can tell its a repetitive and flat type of song :)

Last edited:

As far as Love Never Felt So Good on the album, IF that is the case... We don't know what they would do with the song, so to say 'it does not fit the album' or have any unbiased and fair judgment we would actually have to hear it. For me Love Never Felt so good in the album could be a good or bad thing depending how it came out.. I mean the song is beautiful but you can tell it is finished - but if they did update it and made it sound complete, than it could work.. Plus positive we have the original so even IF they turned it to a dance song that would be fine (If it sounds good lol) I mean we have the original song so..

As far as Love Never Felt So Good on the album, IF that is the case... We don't know what they would do with the song, so to say 'it does not fit the album' or have any unbiased and fair judgment we would actually have to hear it. For me Love Never Felt so good in the album could be a good or bad thing depending how it came out.. I mean the song is beautiful but you can tell it is finished - but if they did update it and made it sound complete, than it could work.. Plus positive we have the original so even IF they turned it to a dance song that would be fine (If it sounds good lol) I mean we have the original song so..

It wouldn't fit. MJ vocals from 1983 are very different from his later years. I would say his voice changed around Bad era. Just like Behind The Mask didn't fit on MICHAEL. Too youthful vocals compared to other 6 songs.

I like the song LNFSG - it sounds raw, and basically I can't see how they can finalize it so it sounds good enough to be on the album. - Unless they have a much more finished version than we do.

I hope they save it for the next album. - This album should be like Thriller. - No fillers, only single/hit material. (Maybe LNFSG could be the Lady in My Life on the album...)

Still - I think there are better songs in the vault.

well yeah i know this interview and all i see is MJ being polite (yeah its a very nice groove nice chords) and listening to some beats (actually this beat you hear became a will i am song so MJ rejected it).

I would like to hear the song with the beat starting at 3:00 (if they used it for a song). Will.I.am didn't release this one.

I like the song LNFSG - it sounds raw, and basically I can't see how they can finalize it so it sounds good enough to be on the album. - Unless they have a much more finished version than we do.

I hope they save it for the next album. - This album should be like Thriller. - No fillers, only single/hit material. (Maybe LNFSG could be the Lady in My Life on the album...)

Still - I think there are better songs in the vault.

that song is something for the b-side of a single. imo.
releasing it as a single would be a big mistake.

the estate shouldnt lose time now, after this sony xperia promo, the first single (STTR) must be asap available. after this, the second single (together with the album release) should be a killer track (chicago?) and not something slow/"boring" like LNFSG, cause it wouldnt catch the publics attention.

LOL, if they really pick LNFSG, it's the final proof that the Estate are lacking MJ songs and have NOT gathered them all from different people.

Last edited:

I doubt LNFSG will appear on the album. - And if it does I think it is because they have a much more finilized version than the one we've heard!

Maybe MJ took it to the studio again and finished it. - We don't really know do we?

This is a little of topic - but just to indicate that there may be many more MJ songs out there than we or even the Estate knows..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9drtaUtl8nQ - hear from 1:15 - Sounds like MJ did not have very much control with what happend to his songs... - A little weird isn't it?

Sounds like he has really no idea where all his songs are. :)

by the way.
is timbaland using samples of his older songs?

STTR xperia mix:
- snare drums taken from JT's - "electric lady"
- strings taken from Keri Hilsons - "Return the favor" (ie. 0:00 - 0:06 there)?

Of course I don't know the final product but I feel confident to say that I really believe I will like the outcome. That might be a bold statement, but I believe it!! I except there will never be a perfect MJ album, and there will be things I don't agree with to some extent but all in all.. As long as it's for sure all MJ on the album and they select a few songs that could be radio friendly.. I'm set!

by the way.

STTR xperia mix:
Timbaland's music sounds the same, a lot of it is incredibly similar to me, although obviously there are a few stand out tracks.

That's why I don't get why many people regard Timbaland as a good producer. I agree many of his songs sound similar. I just like the first successful albums he produced for Missy Elliot and that's about it. A kick ass producer should be able to reinvent and sound different on every album just like Michael did. Tim hasn't done that in years.

That's why I don't get why many people regard Timbaland as a good producer. I agree many of his songs sound similar. I just like the first successful albums he produced for Missy Elliot and that's about it. A kick ass producer should be able to reinvent and sound different on every album just like Michael did. Tim hasn't done that in years.

I'm really indifferent towards Timberland.

by the way.

STTR xperia mix:
He is not really sampling his older songs. He is using the same sounds (same kits), so you will most likely hear drums, violins, etc. that you heard in 20/20 part 1 & part 2 in the MJ songs.

The STTR bit reminds me of TKO and Electric Lady

it's all just a waiting game right now, nothing is confirmed.. until we hear something solid regarding the details of the new album.. we can be safe to regard this as a remix to re introduce Michael's music to the general public.

What I don't really get at all. Why are some many of you torturing yourselves over analyzing a comercial? Its not healthy. Spare yourselves the agony. It is what it is.

by the way.

STTR xperia mix:

He's known for that. Which is the main reason I was stating in that thread about why he may not have been the best choice for producing Michael's material.

I know we all come up with stuff to discuss to kill time and keep ourselves intrigued but the truth is we don't know enough to really pass judgment on anyone's work on the album.. In the end of the day the producers, engineers, and various people working on the album are working on MICHAELS music not there own.. Michael has at least a basic instrumental that he would have created for the songs for those who are working on it would go off of...

We are afraid they are going to strip out the acapella and just lay down a new 'beat', but I highly doubt that is the case..

A musicvideo like this one would be great for one of the songs on the new album!

Why on earth SONY and the estate choose to go with the crap fan-video I will never understand!!

BUT - they could make a video like this for one of the songs on the new album - It's great!!

A musicvideo like this one would be great for one of the songs on the new album!

Why on earth SONY and the estate choose to go with the crap fan-video I will never understand!!

BUT - they could make a video like this for one of the songs on the new album - It's great!!

That is cool! Great song. I like the animation idea for sure also. Are music videos necessary now days? I haven't seen a video since you rock my world or one my chance I guess would have been the last. Mikes video were special don't really care to watch anyone now a days. I'm sure there are some good ones out there. I'm just a bit old fashion. He hee! Woo!

Noooo nooo noooo!!!
The Unrelased BTM video it's just a copy/paste from Michael's HIStory Remix Video.

A third identical music video is just all we DON"t need!!!

Back