Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

Maybe he means 'executive producers'...?
I don't know. If he meant music producers, that would mean that they haven't started working on all the songs yet

Richard is a member here, maybe he will stop by

still.. it doesn't suffice there job tbh.. people want true Michael.. highest definition of natural beauty. it's all we have left of him, if we lose that.. nothing comes to be in the future. #fact
I agree but What is your complaint .. You want HQ .. or a rushed release ? #Fact is we don't know Jack yet. Just that it is a work in progress :) and You (we) are not the experts on anything. to do with producing MJ's music or what it takes to release MJ's music. We know nothing at this point. just a few hints of possible songs and that production negotiations are still in progress.
5cmxxe.jpg

I agree but What is your complaint .. You want HQ .. or a rushed release ? #Fact is we don't know Jack yet. Just that it is a work in progress :) and You (we) are not the experts on anything. to do with producing MJ's music or what it takes to release MJ's music. We know nothing at this point. just a few hints of possible songs and that production negotiations are still in progress.
5cmxxe.jpg

i have knowledge of technology, that is where they are lacking.. i know it's only been 5 years but i would have thought it was common sense for them to start the cataloging process before releasing anything tbh! lol.. and fair enough, i completely understand that.. projects i need are mixed between concerts & last era song's :D all love xD

First of all, The Estate didn't have all the material so it would have been impossible for them to catalog it all if they don't have it all.

Secondly, the music for the album is sill being worked on. They are taking their time with the music aspect, I cant assure you that.

Lastly, just because it is in print doesn't mean its the gospel. Mr Shields alluded to a spring 2014 release date and a second disc of demos. DONT TAKE IT IN STONE. The Estate can very well change their minds about what they will release and when. If your expecting something and it doesn't happen you'll just be disappointed.

First of all, The Estate didn't have all the material so it would have been impossible for them to catalog it all if they don't have it all.

Secondly, the music for the album is sill being worked on. They are taking their time with the music aspect, I cant assure you that.

Lastly, just because it is in print doesn't mean its the gospel. Mr Shields alluded to a spring 2014 release date and a second disc of demos. DONT TAKE IT IN STONE. The Estate can very well change their minds about what they will release and when. If your expecting something and it doesn't happen you'll just be disappointed.

I am excited for this album, and I can't wait. But if I will, then I will.

It seems to me they are mucking us about and not being truthful IMO

It seems to me they are mucking us about and not being truthful IMO

Why? As of right now, the Estate themselves haven't said anything about the album. How could they not be truthful if they haven't done anything that would suggest they were lying?

Why? As of right now, the Estate themselves haven't said anything about the album. How could they not be truthful if they haven't done anything that would suggest they were lying?

I think it's rather immature of Michael Prince to tease about the album for 2 years tbh. I know the estate haven't said anything but still, it's becoming a drag.

Yes, this is a Michael Prince fault too, He talk about new MJ songs for almost 2 years and always say "soon", "new song from MJ coming".....

Ehh they must stop talking about this album because fans react very enthusiasm and now we are disappointed...

Richard's message doesn't really clear things up.
All we know is the project is not completed, but that much was obvious before, otherwise we would probably have had an official announcement already.
His message could be read to mean that production is completed and they're discusing the contractual deals with the producers who worked on the tracks but that seems odd to me. I don't know how it works in the music industry to be honest, but I would want the contractual details sorted out BEFORE I started a big project not near the end. We do know that while MJ was alive people often worked on his tracks without a contract and without being paid - Wyclef Jean was one of them and was very bitter about it for a while - so maybe I'm wrong.
I have no doubt the MJ Estate intend to release this product this year, and I always expected it to arrive in or around June (Ive stated it enough over the last year), but I hope the product is almost complete now. Although richard suggests Sony are not involved in the project at this stage, it seems stupid that the company responsible for releasing and promoting an album are not aware of what the future plans are (including release date). They need to plan marketing strategies, reserve promotion slots on TV, radio etc. They need to make adverts, design posters. They need to negotiate deals with retailers. All this takes time and so if they are not involved at this stage, it seems too late to inform them now. Perhaps this approach and short notice to Sony are the reason recent promotions for MJ products have been lacking?
The 5th anniversary of MJ's death is 5 months away and we havent yet heard of any official tributes to MJ.
No album, no TV special, no tribute concert. Nothing. If they don't do anything it will be a massive wasted opportunity to be honest (I know MJ fans don't like MJs death to be seen as an 'opportunity' but it is).
I just checked The O2 Arena website and there are shows on 21st June and 26th June. I guess that rules out any tribute show on 25th June, because they would never be able to empty all the MJ stuff out of the arena on the 26th June and set up the next show for that evening. :-(
The only show at Wembley Arena in June is the one Direction concert from 6th to 8th June. The next show is in August, so I guess that leaves a while for an (as yet) unannounced MJ tribute show but it seems to be a bit optimistic because I would expect any MJ show to be at the O2 Arena, purely because that is where TII was supposed to take place.

The wait for any MJ release when he was here was much longer, so we can't hold the estate to a different standard.

I keep seeing this argument and I do not think its comparable.

For Michael it was a creative process from a blank canvas.

For the Estate it is about collating already existing material and dressing it up into various different packages. Bad 25 with the exception of the documentary was just about remastering an old VHS, and getting two remixes done! I don't think it should be expected that they would take the same time as an original Michael Jackson vision and creative process. Nor should they release at the same rate purely because Michael did too (with his tours, and videos and television appearances and interviews inbetween).

I'm calling it now, I don't think we are getting any release until September-November. That's what I am going to focus on instead, not expecting any summer release at all anymore

the estate are a cluts. don't care what anyone else says, they are NOT respecting Michael at all.

Than why all this producers talk so much about new album ?

They only exited us too much and now leave without anything :(

the estate are a cluts. don't care what anyone else says, they are NOT respecting Michael at all.

I have no idea what cluts means but it doesn't sound good:)
What do you mean they are not respecting Michael at all? Because they don't release stuff when you want it?
I think if they release too often, they saturate the market and already some of the media outlets are calling them out for releasing too much of stuff, even though they really don't. Michael has been on the headlines for other reasons than new stuff coming out.

Then there is fans who thinks they don't release enough stuff. What do you think they have left in 20 years time if everything is out already?

Be patient Zakk :cheeky:

Last edited:

Have people forgotten what HYPE is?........

This is it people.

We will be waiting and waiting and waiting. That was always a part of the Michael Jackson experience for me since 88, and I'm glad we are still clouded with mystery.

This waiting and anticipation is what Michael wanted. Michael isn't here to talk about the tracks. His producers are. They are hearing the music, they are excited. Michael Prince can make a million hints. What is soon? Well For Michael Jackson it was roughly 4 years.

Do I expect a spring release? Hell no. Plans change. New songs might be discovered/worked on?
Hypothetically, say Will.i.am finally came out to the estate and gave them his tracks....what if they thought these songs needed a place on the album. They would have to take time to work the tracks in the album. Rework them up. Master them. and place them in the album so it flows.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

And believe me, to the MJ ESTATE, this could very well be the LAST posthumous album they release.
The talk after Michael was 1 more album, then a duets album. That could also be the case.

Don't Bash the Estate, they are doing a fine job with this album. I have faith. If Michael's Material was a religion....believe in it, and McClain & Branca. Don't crush their spirits, do we want a project full of soul...or lacklustered and thrown together because they don't care.

If a Murderer kills, and he prays. It is said he is forgiven.

Why cant we put the past beside for this release. Forgive the faults, excuse the fact they are Michael, and make the best effing possible release. What is done is done. If I could change my past, I would. If They could change a few things with the knowledge they have now, Im sure they would. but they can't.

Waiting for announcement of next release is like waiting for xmas to arrive. When it arrive, it is over too fast and thats why I prefer waiting part as we have something to look forward. When the release is out, the we have nothing for a long time (other than find something to complain from the recent release:)).

Why? They never promised anything as far as a release date, everything was just a speculation by fans.

it's Michael's 5th anniversary! IMO they should release a deluxe edition of This Is It featuring Will You Be There & Stranger In Moscow!! the last PhotoShoots, where's that gone??? & the new album! 3 wonderful releases celebrating the last 15 years of Michael's life.. couldn't think of anything more respecting than what I wrote tbh.

I always hear 5th anniversary.

If i'm perfectly honest, I don't think a 5th anniversary is that special! Especially if it is regarding ones passing.

A first anniversary is special, because it's still so fresh & it's the first time this day arrives, with the person not being here anymore.

Next big anniversary is 10th - a decade. The next after that is maybe the 25th / a quarter century.

But what is a fifth anniversary - not very significant.

Then my next point is: If they release something coinciding with a significant MJ date, release it on his Birthday, or exactly on a date were another one of his albums was released. Not on the anniversary of his untimely passing. On this day there's something else to do! Celebrate his life on this day, but not with a commercial background. Think of him, mourn his absence. To me running to a record store on this day would feel at least awkward if not wrong.
The whole month of june lost it's shining beauty for me. It's forever clouded and sad to me. First the anticipation & excitement, then this huge sad shock, to this day this is still such an unbelievable loss.

Last edited:

I would not consider this part as "hype" yes it is building hype within the fan community but I don't find it to be intentional hype from a business take... The general public does not really know yet that the album is being worked on.. Once more comes out, and the estate actually talks about it to the public THAN what is done between that time and release is when they are building hype and suspense.

it's Michael's 5th anniversary! IMO they should release a deluxe edition of This Is It featuring Will You Be There & Stranger In Moscow!! the last PhotoShoots, where's that gone??? & the new album! 3 wonderful releases celebrating the last 15 years of Michael's life.. couldn't think of anything more respecting than what I wrote tbh.

I think it was enough of This Is It to be honest. No need for a deluxe edition IMO. Not now.

What?! Are you serious? I'm sorry, but I need to say this.

Zakk, you need to take a breather and enter reality. The Estate does not have everything you may think it does. On a daily basis I see you write about what you want the Estate to release and then leave comments like this when you don't get your way. There is such a thing as "over saturation," and whether or not you believe it, 2013 was the first year since Michael died that we weren't given any large-scale release. It was the first public cool down of MJ that we've had, and we needed it. As it's been said, just because the Estate doesn't release what you want when you want it released makes them bad people.

For example, let's take the Bad tour. You've said that you've been told by a few people that full Bad tour concerts were filmed. That's great and all, but how do these people know that the Estate still has these film reels? They don't. Unless you spoke to someone who is actually in the Estate, we don't know. And yet I constantly see you telling people that the concerts should be released because they exist on film, which could easily confuse people and cast false hopes. You do the same thing with songs that you want released, based solely off titles that have been registered.

I don't mean to insult you, and I sincerely apologize if I'm doing so, but you blindly accept everything anyone tells you and then throw shade at the Estate when you don't get exactly what you want. This album will come out when they want it to come out, and that's something all of us are going to have to deal with. The longer the better, because that gives them more chances to get it right.

Consider this something of a reality check.

This goes to prove my above points. Firstly, releasing three major projects in a single year? No. Too much at once. Secondly, a fifth anniversary isn't anything significant to anyone, so don't expect a big release solely because of that. Thirdly, I've pointed out that you've written "IMO", indicating your opinion on the matter. Just because you think this should happen doesn't mean you can get angry when it doesn't. The fans aren't the Estate, so we can't control what happens.

Zakk - many times we see eye to eye..

But I wanted to kind of chime in about releasing what you feel should be released this year for the anniversary and what you said about not respecting Michael..

I too would love the type of releases you are talking about, and what the chances are that they are released in the near future we don't know... We do also have to keep in mind that they are looking at MJ as a business for decades down the road. All parties involved wants to be able to sell MJ products through the 2020's,2030's,2040's.. And to be blunt even after we are gone.. The same way they continue selling Elvis stuff now, once and a great while there is still unseen footage etc released of Elvis.. and we are getting closer to the 40 year mark that he's been gone..

If we look at track records for artists that have passed, the best big (box sets/collectors edition/compilation) are released far after they past. I know Zakk that you would like new MJ material or footage even 20/30 years from now too..

Lets try to be understanding to that!! we win that way too, I don't want MJ to fade away because there's nothing to release, and I feel most of us are on the same page here..

I mean think of it even in this way, Michael averages an album release every 4.5 years, released 1 concert on DVD in his whole career.

since he past (4.5 years) we've gotten 1 album (unheard music), This Is It DVD (New footage), Bad 25 (unheard music), Bad 25 documentary (new footage), various little releases, and on the verge and another album to be released..

Could I wish for more? of course!! but to be real, we have been getting more MJ releases than when MJ was here... I think it's just not as fulfilling to us because he's not physically here, and our hearts get empty faster.

We nor the estate can help that!

^^Another thing: Be careful of making yourselves believe that unofficial tweets and comments posted by producers are 100% accurate. It is best to just enjoy the excitement of exploring and discussing these tweets/comments with the idea that they can become a reality at some time. However, at the back of your mind you should remind yourselves that they are not official, so that you don't get disappointed and blame the estate when the tweets/comments don't happen.

The point is something will come. When? We just don't know.

I think they are respecting Michael by not rushing anything. If they learned anything these last few years is that they shouldn't rush a Michael Jackson project. When they are ready to announce something they will. Right now there are the Cirque shows around the world people are enjoying and also the show in Las Vegas. That is keeping Michael in a positive spotlight.

I would say to anyone feeling frustrated or disappointed. Don't feel that way if you can. Just remember how thrilled you are going to be when an announcement does come. Don't spend energy worrying about this. Enjoy the things we do have now and keep thinking positive that something special will come our way when we least expect it to.

In my opinion as an anniversary project - whatever it might be- don't expect anything before the 10th anniversary. A decade is a lot more significant and that's the time when all of MJ's kids will be 18+ and take a part in shaping it.

As for the album I don't get why people take fan based information as gospel. At best they are hearing stuff from someone indirectly. It might be wrong and it might change. Producers are hinting that they are working on songs and that's actually the only thing we know. Estate themselves hasn't made a single comment or statement about an album.

People of the world ;)!!!.....Just relax ! I KNOW THERE ARE NO MORE QUESTIONS NECESSARY VERY, VERY SOON!!! ;)

People of the world ;)!!!.....Just relax ! I KNOW THERE ARE NO MORE QUESTIONS NECESSARY VERY, VERY SOON!!! ;)

How would you know?
Very very soon would mean next week because announcements don't happen on fridays. (at least in my terms, in MJ-world terms very very soon probably means a year)

Back