Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

What is all this snobbery related to new stars?
Today's Justin Biebers and One Directions are tomorrows Michael Jacksons and Beatles....potentially.
All I'm saying is, all great respected artists had to start somewhere. When Elvis started he was seen as controversial, parents didn't like him because of the way he danced. In fact they didn't like RocknRoll. When the Beatles started they were no more than just a very popular boyband. There status grew with the years. When MJ started there would have been peoples slating him and not giving him respect because that comes with longevity and quality.
Bieber and One Direction may have both, only time will tell.

LOL, There's something called "Real Talent" & "Quality" aswell to get bigger in the music business. Neither of them have both, or, to be a bit more nice, neither possess the same skills as Elvis or MJ or any of the real greats. They set the bar with their music, production, ideas and basically everything. If nowadays setting the bar means being the biggest idiot and doing all kinds of bad things, then by all means, they are doing great! =D

Justin Bieber? i don't see why that boy is being brought up in a New album discussion thread about unreleased Michael Jackson material.

Nobody wants the bebs on any MJ tune. We also won't get any will smith or LL Cool J unless they are on a demo and it's released. We are not going to have a choice on what artists are on there. I however would prefer the older names but I'm 40 so that would be my preferce. Fact is those are 80s and 90s artists there time is done. MJ is different he is timeless. If there are any guest appearances it will be newer artist no doubt. They want this to sell Sony wants the best they can get. I do not really care for any of the newer artists especially rap artists. Not say I don't like rap but I'm a 2pac, Biggie,Dre or Snoop fan. Let's just hope for the best. Maybe it will be all MJ no duets and such. My bet is there will be some Timbaland and maybe some of his artists. Justin timberlake or Jay Z or someone.

Nobody wants the bebs on any MJ tune. We also won't get any will smith or LL Cool J unless they are on a demo and it's released. We are not going to have a choice on what artists are on there. I however would prefer the older names but I'm 40 so that would be my preferce. Fact is those are 80s and 90s artists there time is done. MJ is different he is timeless. If there are any guest appearances it will be newer artist no doubt. They want this to sell Sony wants the best they can get. I do not really care for any of the newer artists especially rap artists. Not say I don't like rap but I'm a 2pac, Biggie,Dre or Snoop fan. Let's just hope for the best. Maybe it will be all MJ no duets and such. My bet is there will be some Timbaland and maybe some of his artists. Justin timberlake or Jay Z or someone.

i wouldn't complain if 'we be ballin'' master mix was included in the tracklist!!! i actually love that song, even though Michael only sing's the chorus.. i think it could work as a bonus track and could be released to radio stations :)

bobmoo79;3955058 said:
Today's Justin Biebers and One Directions are tomorrows Michael Jacksons and Beatles....potentially.
All I'm saying is, all great respected artists had to start somewhere. When Elvis started he was seen as controversial, parents didn't like him because of the way he danced. In fact they didn't like RocknRoll. When the Beatles started they were no more than just a very popular boyband. There status grew with the years. When MJ started there would have been peoples slating him and not giving him respect because that comes with longevity and quality.
I find it unlikely that they’ll be highly respected musicians in the future, but that’s not even really the point. Because whatever people might think of them 10 or 20 years from now, it doesn’t change the fact that they are not respected artists right now. They have lots of really fanatical teenaged fans, but people above the age of 18 don’t really take them seriously as artists. Bieber especially has kind of been a laughing stock for years now. Featuring someone like that on a MJ song would look like a desperate attempt to get a hit, and it would do nothing for Michael’s credibility as an artist. A Michael Jackson & Justin Bieber duet would look impressive in Bieber’s discography, but not so much in Michael’s.

I'm not a music snob but the fact remains that Justin Bieber and One Direction are not respected artists and they only appeal to 13-15 year old girls. Having them on a Michael Jackson song would be degrading to Michael

Don´t know if something will get out this year, anyway I hope to be able to hear "If you don´t love me" 4:30 version :)

If it is indeed coming this Spring then theres gotta be an announcement either this month (which is almost over) or next, surely..

If it is indeed coming this Spring then theres gotta be an announcement either this month (which is almost over) or next, surely..

imagine if it is coming in spring & 'Silent Spring' is vocally complete :eek:

i wouldn't complain if 'we be ballin'' master mix was included in the tracklist!!! i actually love that song, even though Michael only sing's the chorus.. i think it could work as a bonus track and could be released to radio stations :)

Luv it Zakk!

If they want ample time to promote the album + get it out in the spring time, an announcement should be made no less than two months ahead of time. That's enough time to get two singles out, make some public promotions (I would love to see them give another song to Ellen -- that's some of the biggest positive promotion the Michael album got!), etc etc.

Spring starts toward the end of March and runs to end of June.
The album will be released in late May/early June IMO

My personal rule would be 3 month per season:

Summer: June, July, August
Autumn: September, October, November
Winter: December, January, February
Spring: March, April, May

So if spring is really the goal, i wouldn't expect it later than at the end of May.

Plus: My hope was they would time the announcement/release with the 'Last Photo Shoot' Doc. That would be a great way to advertise it in some way.

Personally i think an announcement 2 month in advance is too long.
My timeline would be:

1st Phase - announce it: Go all out on the announcement with complete track list, cover design & some production snippets

2nd Phase - Release a single 1-2 weeks later, premiere on ellen would be perfect (as said above)

3rd Phase - Another 2-3 weeks later: Release the album, + full production documentary (from the days MJ worked on the songs himself, to discovering phase, to the work the producers did posthumously, to song selection, to putting track list together, etc...)

Release the thing no more than 4-5 weeks after the announcement.
And go all out on the iTunes store also, the artwork must be all over the place on the store, it must not be missed by anyone!

Last edited:

I just hope there's another Hollywood Tonight on there. That song got me so excited for the album it was untrue.

I just hope there's another Hollywood Tonight on there. That song got me so excited for the album it was untrue.

didn't Michael re work the song in 2008? i believe it was called 'hollywood' simply, would love to hear it!

I've to agree. that song and his vocals totally got me addicted to it. i was so excited about it in 2010. it's actually still one of my most played mj tunes. when i heard it on Ellen first time, i rly hoped for a chart smasher. but the promo was dropped and this cheap video remix ruined it. i so hope this won't happen again...

didn't Michael re work the song in 2008? i believe it was called 'hollywood' simply, would love to hear it!

Michael reworked the song several times. The last time he worked on it was in October 2008 with Michael Prince. The snippets that have surfaced online are actually taken from the last mix MP did at the Bel Air Hotel. It was always titled Hollywood Tonight, though MJ would usually refer to it simply as Hollywood.

Michael reworked the song several times. The last time he worked on it was in October 2008 with Michael Prince. The snippets that have surfaced online are actually taken from the last mix MP did at the Bel Air Hotel. It was always titled Hollywood Tonight, though MJ would usually refer to it simply as Hollywood.

very interesting, i would love to hear the final Mix that was worked on.. i think they should stay true to the art Michael created when he was still here. Would be nice as a bonus track! the official version just doesn't do it for me tbh.. especially them taken out ''She's only fifteen'' :/

Not Hollywood Tonight again but that sort of up-tempo song. That's the type of song that will get me crazy excited, it sounded so MJ with the beatbox and the vocal.. Ahh, a much, much simpler time.

Not Hollywood Tonight again but that sort of up-tempo song. That's the type of song that will get me crazy excited, it sounded so MJ with the beatbox and the vocal.. Ahh, a much, much simpler time.

ah, i understand! perhaps if they include 'Cheater' & 'Chicago' 2001 re worked versions on this new album? would be fantastic! if they were the tempo you meant ;) haha

The snippets that have surfaced online are actually taken from the last mix MP did at the Bel Air Hotel.

Do you mean the snippets which are in a very low quality?

Michael Prince posted on Twitter:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="ro"><p>Robin Thicke &amp; Chicago = Priceless !!</p>&mdash; Michael Prince (@MichaelPrinceMD) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelPrinceMD/statuses/427664106397523969">January 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="ro"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/jonathan1luna">@jonathan1luna</a> Yes, but my lips are sealed !! L.O.V.E.</p>&mdash; Michael Prince (@MichaelPrinceMD) <a href="https://twitter.com/MichaelPrinceMD/statuses/427666074457231361">January 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Moromete;3955644 said:
Michael Prince posted on Twitter:

Robin Thicke & Chicago = Priceless !!
&#8212; Michael Prince (@MichaelPrinceMD) January 27, 2014
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@jonathan1luna Yes, but my lips are sealed !! L.O.V.E.
&#8212; Michael Prince (@MichaelPrinceMD) January 27, 2014
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HhTv2kSBMhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Prince's tweet was about the GRAMMY PREFORMANCE of Robin Thicke and the 1970's Band, Chicago. Not the MJ album.

The fan that posted that comment wasn't full in his words, and Michael Prince said his lips were sealed.
THAT MEANS, even if Robin Thicke was on MJ's Song....he wouldn't be saying anything.

Its all taken out of context. It means nothing.

post removed

Just noticed a post of Pearl Jr. on facebook which says :"TONIGHT!!!" .....many fans asked about that but until now....No Response!!!

Just noticed a post of Pearl Jr. on facebook which says :"TONIGHT!!!" .....many fans asked about that but until now....No Response!!!

Did I miss something?
Why is Pearl Jrs tweet significant? It could mean anything IMO and not necessarily anything to do with MJ.

Michael Prince's tweet was about the GRAMMY PREFORMANCE of Robin Thicke and the 1970's Band, Chicago. Not the MJ album.

The fan that posted that comment wasn't full in his words, and Michael Prince said his lips were sealed.
THAT MEANS, even if Robin Thicke was on MJ's Song....he wouldn't be saying anything.

Its all taken out of context. It means nothing.
No one said it had to do with Michael's Chicago. But the fan asked about the new album and he said yes.

There could have been a deleted post or a user we cant see as the public. His response doesn't even make much sense too.

nobody said it had anything to do with Michael's Chicago but it was being implied to me on Skype. Another fan also posted here.

Do you guys think we'll get an announcement of some sort within the next four weeks? It's so depressing reading this thread and seeing someone saying we'll get an announcement every week for the last 12 weeks lol.

Back