Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

What picture are you watching?? - His mouth - looks like he has a lot of lipstick on... - Behind the round thing that goes up in front of his face... - Lips are a little feminime, but you do not see them very clearly - so it's no problem. - But it sure looks like he has lipstick on if you look carefully at the mouth...

Oh, now I see what you mean! That fabric on front of his mouth is see-through and you can see lips.

Happy the album is coming in May. Delighted it's called Xscape. Thrilled about the artwork. And absolutely elated by the fact you can buy a version with the original tracks before they were edited for the release!

Hats off to the Estate, they listened to what the fans wanted!

Last edited:

i sneaked online at work to read up. I swear, i was running around like a mad woman. My co-workers must've had a hard time distinguishing me from the patients (nurse, work in a mental health institution).

Yeah I don't really mind if half (or more) of the album is based on previously leaked material. First of all because it will be nice to have official releases of these leaked demos, where things like quality and volume will be consistent across the board, and secondly because there might actually be parts or versions of some of them that we haven't heard in the leaked stuff. We know different versions exist of several other unreleased songs so there's no guarantee that the leaked Xscape, Blue Gangsta, etc. are the only versions of those songs in existence.

Also, it seems some of my absolute favorite unreleased / leaked material -- A Place with No Name, Blue Gangsta, Slave to the Rhythm and Xscape -- will make it onto the album and I want the world to hear these songs.

Agreed! - Leaks are no problem. - Amazing songs have leaked - what should they do?? Never release them? No, that would be stupid. - The entire world needs to hear those great songs. - Not only a very very few diehard MJ fans from fan forums!
MJ's music is for the world to enjoy!! - So I am very very happy they get released!! :)

Do preorders account towards first week album sales? If not, preordering may severely hurt it. In any case I'm not preordering. I love buying physical CDs so I'll head out towards the store on that day.

Very important question here!! - Anyone knows?? Do preorders account towards first week album sales?

I'm doing both. ;)

Me too!! :)

Do we know what ever became of Joy? Didn't Teddy Riley say he had given a copy to the estate?

I doubt it will be on Xscape! - Maybe some other release in a far away future... :)

OMG! :D Can't a new thread be started?

Is that picture of him a "real" one that was shot one day? Or is it fully photoshoped?

I hate being the negative nelly here but I'll only be truly satisfied if the album has no less than four brand new recordings that have never been heard. If it's any more than that I won't get it. I'm fine with releasing leaked songs but this is a new album. That implies that new songs should be released.

For more than 97 % of all who buys the album it will be all new songs that are being released.... (more than 97% I think actually! - but just my guess :lol: )

Happy the album is coming in May. Delighted it's called Xscape. Thrilled about the artwork. And absolutely elated by the fact you can buy a version with the original tracks before they were edited for the release!

Hats off to the Estate, the listened to what the fans wanted!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

So far The Estate has done everything perfect this time around!!!

Xscape will be huge I think!! - It will be packed with hits. - Blue Gangsta, Xscape, STTR and APWNN !!! - Amazing songs. - Hope they are all on the album!!! :)

music-michael-jackson-xscape-artwork.jpg

Michael wanted the lace photo of him for Bad album, and not to mention his photos with Arno Bani: http://agonistica.com/michael-jackson-by-arno-bani/

So true .
Its so good to "see" Michael again.:eek::dropdead: :cry::wub: I cannot wait to see this in shops. I really think its going to knock other covers out of the water
I think I can never tire of this cover :wub:

For me.. . This artwork/picture cover is on par with the dangerous artwork...Did it surpass ? I think :unsure: maybe it did... :eek:
~?

Ohh..... it's Beautiful. He is Beautiful.This is awesome.

Last edited:

what is that round thingy around MJs head?
looks like a speaker? i find it weird how his hair is floating "outside" of it.

but to be honest, album title - great choice - photo - great choice.
it makes me really curious if that photo was a real shot or digitally created. i couldnt find anything similar on the net (this is it ERA?). he looks great on it and i think he would like it too, it really looks like hes still here and ready for his comeback!!

for those who are complaining about too much photoshop... check magazines, album covers or anything in the media - everything is shopped.

this new xscape mix, sounds also nice (judging from the snippet).

He's face in this cover look like MJ face in "Ghost's"

I hate being the negative nelly here but I'll only be truly satisfied if the album has no less than four brand new recordings that have never been heard. If it's any more than that I won't get it. I'm fine with releasing leaked songs but this is a new album. That implies that new songs should be released.
This doesn't make sense at all. Leaked demos = material that was never meant to be heard by us in the first place. They were leaked without Michael's / the record label's / the estate's consent, which is why we are not allowed to share most of them on this forum.

To say that something that ended up on the internet outside of the artist's control should not be allowed on a future commercial product is like saying that, because you downloaded and watched a illegally recorded cam version of a movie, the studio should not be allowed to release it on DVD / Blu-ray.

When something leaks online you have a choice to either listen to it or not. That is entirely up to you. If you did -- fine, but that doesn't give you the right to ignore the material when it is officially released. If anything, it should give you an extra reason to buy and support it. Also -- never assume, just because you and others on this forum have heard the demos, that everyone else has as well. Of the people who will end up buying this album, only a very small percentage will be fans that have heard the leaked demos before.

I'm So excited for this !
I've only got 2 slight negatives.
The album cover,I don't like it, it looks fan made, and MJ looks feminine.
And hoped for more than 8 songs, but if they're all killer and at least 4 or unheard I'll be over the moon.
I'm pleased with the promotion, the title (one worded) and it's amazing that all the fans are excited.
I would love to hear Joy on this album. Doubt it though...
I can't wait to pre-order and then buy another copy on the day, let's get MJ to number 1 !!!

The thing around his head reminds of Saturn.

It's space/futuristic/robotic/awesomeness/greatness :)

what is that round thingy around MJs head?

a really high collar :)

the sparkly outfit he's wearing looks alot like what he wore in the arno bani photoshoot...

i couldnt find anything similar on the net (this is it ERA?)..

I don't think it's that recent, Michael didn't have those thick lips in This Is it

Agreed! - Leaks are no problem. - Amazing songs have leaked - what should they do?? Never release them? No, that would be stupid. - The entire world needs to hear those great songs.

)

- ^Exactly! Thats completely our fault if we've listened to the leaked songs, not the Estates. They still need to pace themselves with new songs for future releases

-Soooo stoked about this news. Looks absolutely amazing!!!!

-Don't even care about sales and number 1s anymore. It made me tired stressing over whether the past projects were number 1 or not and honestly it spoilt my own experience of each project. This time any impressive sales will be a bonus for me as long as I love it which i'm sure I will

-I HAVE to have a physical release so I'm not pre-ordering it. My copy of Michael arrived 10 days after it became available in stores!! Never again!!

-Lastly, what do y'all think of the snippet played in the GMA ad? Couldnt hear very well but it sounded quite diff from the original material no?

Thank you Estate! CANNOT WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Do preorders account towards first week album sales?

Yes. I'm pre-ordering one copy from amazon.us so that that counts in US. And then I'll buy 2 more copies (regular and deluxe) here in Croatia to help album on local chart.

This doesn't make sense at all. Leaked demos = material that was never meant to be heard by us in the first place. They were leaked without Michael's / the record label's / the estate's consent, which is why we are not allowed to share most of them on this forum.

To say that something that ended up on the internet outside of the artist's control should not be allowed on a future commercial product is like saying that, because you downloaded and watched a illegally recorded cam version of a movie, the studio should not be allowed to release it on DVD / Blu-ray.

When something leaks online you have a choice to either listen to it or not. That is entirely up to you. If you did -- fine, but that doesn't give you the right to ignore the material when it is officially released. If anything, it should give you an extra reason to buy and support it. Also -- never assume, just because you and others on this forum have heard the demos, that everyone else has as well. Of the people who will end up buying this album, only a very small percentage will be fans that have heard the leaked demos before.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :agree: :agree: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :agree: :agree:

I don't think it's that recent, Michael didn't have those thick lips in This Is it

Maybe mid 90's ? Or is it 00's ??

So true .
Its so good to "see" Michael again.

Could not agree more. I liked the painting that became the Michael cover, but it didn't make sense on an album of new songs. It was retrospective, and felt like they were aiming to keep everyone focused on "Thriller MJ." This one is fantastic, the androgyny Michael was so interested in and the mystery he toyed with. It's perfect.

this doesn't make sense at all. Leaked demos = material that was never meant to be heard by us in the first place. They were leaked without michael's / the record label's / the estate's consent, which is why we are not allowed to share most of them on this forum.

To say that something that ended up on the internet outside of the artist's control should not be allowed on a future commercial product is like saying that, because you downloaded and watched a illegally recorded cam version of a movie, the studio should not be allowed to release it on dvd / blu-ray.

*claps!!

OMG!! I am SOOO Excited about this.

I had promised myself not to invest in another MJ project until Katherine Jackson kicks the bucket...but screw her, I am buying this.

Maybe the mouth was pasted on later. Like two halves! I don't know.

I LOVE THE COVER ART!! And thank god that we get the original versions as well. Very appreciated.

Ahhh no tracklist!!!!

OMG!! I am SOOO Excited about this.

I had promised myself not to invest in another MJ project until Katherine Jackson kicks the bucket...but screw her, I am buying this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny. - And yeah. - This release will be so great!! - I hope all fans will support this release!!

I know I will buy this too!! - Multible times. - iTunes and physical. Normal and deluxe edition. - I want it all in my collection!! :)

Back