Xscape General Discussion

Misayko;3975624 said:
naah of course estate is "smart" enough to put the demo tracks on the expensive deluxe edition :S they know the fans...

anyway, im happy with any tracklist as long as it includes original, only-michael-touched versions!

but STTR as a single would be amazing. i always wondered why this song has never been released. also for non-fans it´s a great track to play in discos etc.

I hope and think STTR will be the first single!!

BUT - isn't it a little weird that we get no info about a lead single or something??

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Gaz, any news about the first single?

What can i say.. What a great day to be a MJ fan. The Album cover kicks ass! Can't wait for the tracklist. XSCAPE!

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS, OH MY GOD :cry: what a thing to wake up to :') ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I had hoped to get the track-list today too. :)

And maybe to hear something about 1st single etc.

BUT I am ok. - Great day. - Great great cover!! - BUT don't you think it will say Michael Jackson somewhere across the picture/cover ?? Or will Xscape be the only letters on the cover??

Maybe Xscape is the first single and this is the single cover art?

I had hoped to get the track-list today too. :)

BUT don't you think it will say Michael Jackson somewhere across the picture/cover ?? Or will Xscape be the only letters on the cover??

It seems to be modern to just have the name on a sticker, and not the actual cover. I therefore think the cover will be without the name.

Maybe Xscape is the first single and this is the single cover art?

I don't think so, because they just filmed the video for Slave To The Rhythm.

This is a wonderful day to be a MJ fan !!!

99.7 % of all are happy so far! - We get both new and original versions!! - GREAT cover art !!

A cool one word title - Michael Jackson Xscape !!!

So far everything is perfect! (ok 8 songs might not be perfect, but it's not a disaster!!)

I think this release will be HUGE and unite fans again !!!

No debate, no controversy - just joy and happyness !!! - GREAT

i might give this album a chance lol

This was a shocker to wake up to, surreal; but it's really what we've wanted from day one! Unreleased, untampered music! :D

I can't wait for the track-listing either, I just hope they don't screw it up with the Xperia deal!

I reckon Xscape will the be the first Single, but it could be Slave to the Rhythm!

First single is Slave To The Rythm. Confirmed by dancer from Sony ad.

I would love 6-7 minutes long songs. Like 20/20 Experience had. I love that. Just music and MJ ad-libbing. Also that way 8 tracks would seem longer.

Thriller had 9, Victory had 8. Both great albums.

Will this album be available on HDTracks as a high resolution download?

John Mclain is not good... he has no idea how to pick good songs.. He produced 'You are my Life' on Invincible and it didn't belong on there.

" For the ultimate fan experience, XSCAPE will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. "

tumblr_inline_muvfys0vY91rvd5iy.gif

OMFG! Cant wait! Just need a track list now!

8 tracks. 4 of which are already known to be leaked.

First single is Slave To The Rythm. Confirmed by dancer from Sony ad.

But that could just be a commercial couldn't it? - Not official confirmation to me...

Will this album be available on HDTracks as a high resolution download?

I hope so!! :)

John Mclain is not good... he has no idea how to pick good songs.. He produced 'You are my Life' on Invincible and it didn't belong on there.

You Are My Life is a wonderful song. - If Xscape has a sweet ballade like that I will be so happy. - Great great song. And in Private Home Movies while his children are there YAML plays - so I think MJ liked the song a lot, I think it was special to him. - Maybe not about a girl, but a dedication of love to his children. - I really like that song. :)

jaydom7;3975644 said:

Maybe he co-produced some songs with someone. He is a good friend with Dr. Freeze so he probably worked on Blue Gangsta and A Place With No Name but I would love to hear these two songs “contemporized” and I don't know how much McClain is contemporary. So maybe he co-produced it with Timbaland..

Xscape - THE BEST album title they could've come up with!

Xscape - my wish is coming true, best unreleased song - THAT KILLER BRIDGE!!!

16 tracks (8+8) perfect. You can discover the songs from two different angels...

Surprised that they can always surprise me with the cover art - unknown picture, mega futuristic, modern era MJ - PERFECT!

mkgenie said that the announcement is about the first single, so maybe this is not it for today?

8 tracks might not seem much, but i'm really ok (and thankful) with it since we get the deluxe. There's a big chance they really reduced it to the "core" killer material and leaving more incomplete tracks off (from this album).
But I think the normal and deluxe will both be 1-disc versions, otherwise they would have mentioned a second disc imo.

I guess 5 of the 8 will be songs that we diehard fans have heard - but to 99.7 % of ALL who buys the album the songs will be ALL brand new!!

10.000 fans hear the leaked songs maybe - 3 million people will buy Xscape. - Leaked songs are heard by such small percentage of the buyers. - No problem really. - Only we the hardcore fans have been hearing the songs. - And we too get a new version - PLUS a demo - maybe the demo we get is even different to the one that leaked. - It will not be Trickys mix we get - but a new demo version.

SO - it's a win-win for everyone. - I have heard ALL MJ songs that have leaked - can I blame SONY or The Estate ?? - Hell NO I Can't !!! - I will buy the album, support it and love it ( I hope !! )

Xscape will be an amazing release I think !!!

I haven't heard any of them, "leaked" (stolen) or not. :chillin:

So, bring them on!!

Xscape - THE BEST album title they could've come up with!

Xscape - my wish is coming true, best unreleased song - THAT KILLER BRIDGE!!!

16 tracks (8+8) perfect. You can discover the songs from two different angels...

Surprised that they can always surprise me with the cover art - unknown picture, mega futuristic, modern era MJ - PERFECT!

I agree with everything !!! - Perfect so far !!!

I just realized Xscape - Xperia, makes sense.

And I like the release date 05.13.2014 it adds up to 7 in numerology (1+6=7)

I inhaled pepsi and it came out of my nose when i read this news but it was totally worth it

"There are currently 202 users browsing this thread. (65 members and 137 guests)" :D

Back