Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Ok I contacted Mjonline and Myplaydirect off from Michaeljackson.com site to ask if they report t there sales to soundscan etc.

Can you ask them too if they want sales to be high, or would asking that make you feel foolish?

My point was, why send me an email saying I could order the album at MJ.com when I can't!!!!

I pre-ordered 2 Deluxe editions today at my local music shop :)

Re: How many copies do you intend to buy?

You say had Michael wanted to release these songs he would have done so a long time ago, but that does not work like that. Often he shelved songs not because he did not want them to get released but because they did not fit on a certain album or he wanted to work on them some more. What you say can easily be reversed: had he NOT wanted any of his unreleased songs get released after his death he would have stated that in his Will. He was not stupid. He knew how things worked in showbiz. He saw all the posthumus releases with artists such as John Lennon, Elvis, Bob Marley, Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix etc. If he was against it in his case he would have stated so in his Will IMO.

Very well said.

As I see it, from now on every release is not going to be done with Michael's touch, direction and guidance, BUT, the estate is trying very hard to have ppl that worked with him or ppl that Michael admired and wished to work with to be part of this project. That's the best we can hope for from now on. L.A. Reid I believe has done a tremendous job and I am very confident that these songs will be Michael worthy. I am very excited and I will support Michael and his estate with every project because in my heart if Michael is in the cover then it is Michael we are supporting and adding to his legacy.

Last sentence from my email from MichaeJackson.com;
'Pre-order XSCAPE now on iTunes, Amazon and MichaelJackson.com.'

It seems that if you live in Australia you cannot place an order for this album at the MJStore. We are blocked and I would like to know why!!!

It seems that if you live in Australia you cannot place an order for this album at the MJStore. We are blocked and I would like to know why!!!

It's not up on the MichaelJackson.com store for anyone yet.

Sunwalker7;3979685 said:
About ordering the album from the mj.com store - has it been confirmed that those sales count towards the official album charts? When Bad25 came out there was some uncertainty over whether the sales from mj.com were reported to Soundscan/OCC. IIRC, it was the same thing with Thriller25, some people thought that mj.com doesn’t report the sales to chart compilers.

If it’s true that mj.com doesn’t report the sales, and lots of fans order their copy from the mj.com store, it means that the album will have a lower chart peak and lower sales numbers than it would have if people bought their copies from some other store. Unless it’s confirmed that mj.com will report Xscape sales to official album charts, why not buy your copy from somewhere else? I think it’s a shame if the album looks less successful than it actually is.

How can it not? They would be going against their own product.

Qbee, can you pls. ask the online team and clarify this?

well I felt you and you do feel foolish, so your wish is granted:mama:
Wooohooo! :tease::popout::poke::naughty::light_fart::gone_nuts::toy::crazy_jump:

Really, Ivy said that she knew of people who had ordered XSCAPE from MJ.com

Not saying you are lying lol, but i personally find this hard to believe when he had a 2 odd minute intro to Little Susie, 20 seconds of rain on Stranger In Moscow and the blurb before and after the main HIStory song - There just seems many, many, many more options Michael would have taken before speeding up a song, unless he preferred it.

Michael insisted that these elements were included. One mix of Little Susie cuts the extended orchestral intro and begins with the little girl playing with her music box. Same with Stranger in Moscow--there are a few mixes that omit the rainfall. Michael loved these elements and begged for them to be included in the end, which is why several songs are cut down and others had their tempos increased.

I think it will sell great.

Maybe even 3+ million copies before years end...

That's not going to happen. Michael's star has fallen significantly since his death and, in full honesty, he's no match for people like Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars or even Lil Wayne (to a degree). At best, Xscape will sell between one and 1.5 million copies by years end. Two million? Possibly. But three million is not going to happen no matter how much we want it to.

That's not going to happen. Michael's star has fallen significantly since his death and, in full honesty, he's no match for people like Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars or even Lil Wayne (to a degree). At best, Xscape will sell between one and 1.5 million copies by years end. Two million? Possibly. But three million is not going to happen no matter how much we want it to.

We'll see. My hopes are high this time.

Ok I contacted Both, Mjonline and Myplaydirect off from Michaeljackson.com site to ask if they report there sales to soundscan etc. for the charts ..... and if all sales from mydircetplay/Michaeljackson.com go toward charts in USA where it is shipped from or toward the country who purchased it?

Thank you. You are great.

missdolly;3979556 said:
Eh.. I guess I'm one of the only ones against this. I just feel it's wrong... Put it this way, if Michael had wanted these songs to be released, he would've a long time ago. I'm not going to buy any.. well, I'm going to try not to.. it's so tempting!!! And that's another thing, are they going to have these sh*tty colabs with Akon etc.. included in this one?! I just.. I'm torn. I really want another Michael CD and then I just feel as if it's going against what he would've wanted...

Michael talked to fans about a modern Off The Wall album, I think it was at a party for him 2003.
Then he was accused by Arvizos, there was a trial, he felt he couldn´t live at Neverland anymore after what happened there , he felt he lived like a vagabond and he didn´t want to.
During such circumstances it can be hard to concentrate on making records.
Perhaps Thriller 25 was easier to do than to begin from scratch with other unreleased songs.
He was going to work on a new album 2009 but he was killed.
He didn´t get a chance to release the songs.

tracklist?

http://soulbowl.pl/2014/04/06/dangelo-mary-j-blige-questlove-w-utworze-michaela-jacksona/

01. Love Never Felt So Good
02. Chicago (She Was Loving Me)
03. A Place With No Name
04. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
05. Slave to the Rhythm
06. Blue Gangster
07. Xscape
08. Stop Throwing Your Life Away
====== DELUXE VERSION ONLY ======
09. Hot Fun In The Summertime feat. D’Angelo & Mary J. Blige
10. Love Never Felt So Good **Original Version**
11. She Was Loving Me **Original Version**
12. Chicago **Original Version**
13. A Place With No Name **Original Version**
14. Do You Know Where Your Children Are **Original Version**
15. Slave to the Rhythm **Original Version**
16. Blue Gangster **Original Version**
17. Xscape **Original Version**

Last edited:
Re: How many copies do you intend to buy?

missdolly has a point to be quite honest.

There are only two songs on this album that were on Michael's radar when he died: A Place With No Name and She Was Loving Me. (Three, if the currently unidentified track is Throwing Your Life Away.) All the other songs were abandoned early on for varying reasons. The album isn't a correct representation of what Michael himself was working on and wanted to release. But then again, what posthumous project doesn't go against the artist's wishes in some degree?

In any case, it's still shaping up to be the best posthumous project since This Is It.

Fake. The page even outlines that they used MJJC as a resource when, in this case, it is far from it. Also, Xscape is the last song on the album, as all publications and reviews have attested to.

mkgenie;3979874 said:
tracklist?

http://soulbowl.pl/2014/04/06/dangelo-mary-j-blige-questlove-w-utworze-michaela-jacksona/

01. Love Never Felt So Good
02. Chicago (She Was Loving Me)
03. A Place With No Name
04. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
05. Slave to the Rhythm
06. Blue Gangster
07. Xscape
08. Stop Throwing Your Life Away
====== DELUXE VERSION ONLY ======
09. Hot Fun In The Summertime feat. D’Angelo & Mary J. Blige
10. Love Never Felt So Good **Original Version**
11. She Was Loving Me **Original Version**
12. Chicago **Original Version**
13. A Place With No Name **Original Version**
14. Do You Know Where Your Children Are **Original Version**
15. Slave to the Rhythm **Original Version**
16. Blue Gangster **Original Version**
17. Xscape **Original Version**

I call a fake.

It has both Chicago and She's Was Lovin' Me on the second disc???

On second glance, I feel like this is the track listing billyjeanxpliv put together.

My point was, why send me an email saying I could order the album at MJ.com when I can't!!!!

I pre-ordered 2 Deluxe editions today at my local music shop :)
They dont know if you can or you cant order from Mj.com or not .. They just send AUTO send the email and updates to All fan who signed up for the emails. May I ask why you can't purchase from MJ.com. ?

So you just pick them up at your local l music store on May 13th? :)

I could not order the CD from MJ.com because it seems as if we, are not able to do so, we are blocked for some reason. Other people in Australia are having the same problem so it's not just me. I just send off an email to MJ.com. asking why. My local music shop will give me a call on my mobile when they have the CD in stock, hopefully on the 13th of May!!

I think it will sell great.

Maybe even 3+ million copies before years end...

i have no clue about sell figures. is 3+ million actually a good number?? it sounds not so much to me.

i have no clue about sell figures. is 3+ million actually a good number?? it sounds not so much to me.

With the current music industry, three million is a phenomenal number. But one that Michael will not reach by the end of the year.

I think fans need to stop treating this as if it were a proper new MJ album. It's different now. Realistically we are looking at "Michael" style sales figures.

Michael is a legacy artist now. As much as the estate keep trying to contemporise his older music, MJ cannot compete in a commercial way with the likes of Timberlake, Beyoncé and other big name stars anymore. Being dead is quite a handicap.

Looks nice...don't no if it is photoshopped

Daniel-Ruben ?@DVRForever 4 h.
#MJFAM, Be Ready... 37 Days Left. -

Looks nice...don't no if it is photoshopped

BkimSuFCMAAB-_l.jpg

I think it might be photoshopped.

We don't have mail boxes like that in the UK.

Can't wait to hear something about the first single release!!

Hope it will come soon!!

That's not going to happen. Michael's star has fallen significantly since his death and, in full honesty, he's no match for people like Justin Timberlake or Bruno Mars or even Lil Wayne (to a degree). At best, Xscape will sell between one and 1.5 million copies by years end. Two million? Possibly. But three million is not going to happen no matter how much we want it to.[/QUOTE]

are we talking u.s numbers or worldwide. Because worldwide I truly feel it ca sell 3 million +. Maybe in the u.s 1million

We'll see. My hopes are high this time.

mine too

Two random thoughts about the tracklist... One positive, one negative...

The positive: I am so glad that, after all these years, the song Xscape is finally getting a commercial release. I always felt that song was too strong to just simply exist on Youtube in bad quality forever.

The negative: I really resent the inclusion of Love Never Felt So Good. Not only is the song distinctly average, but also, it is only being included because of a business agreement between John McClain and Paul Anka after Anka got screwed over the royalties for TII. I resent that the estate are making these kind of deals with songwriters and producers. The decisions about what to release should be based on the strength and quality of Michael's work, not anything else.

Always!
Thats where I might just disagree with you there the forecasts are saying michaels album will be the biggest selling album in 2014, thats just in uk alone.
Think if estate do a major promotion and continue with short films , singles etc it will continue to sell. But if they just think it will sell on michaels name alone that wont be case.. They need to let ppl know how he was so good at composing, arranging , songwriting, for his work to get public interested and sustain growth.

Michael will sell on the killer tunes but not sustain if no promotion.

Back