Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I think all tracks on Xscape will be great!

9 great new songs and 8 demos/original songs as MJ left them! - And 2 videos! - Great great released!

I think I will love every track and both videos!

I think all tracks on Xscape will be great!

9 great new songs and 8 demos/original songs as MJ left them! - And 2 videos! - Great great released!

I think I will love every track and both videos!

Nice you're back from your hiatus, Hess! I feel the same...

Nice you're back from your hiatus, Hess! I feel the same...

I am back from my Easter holliday now. - So now I can write here again!

I am glad you feel the same. - I think most (if not all) fans will really love this release! - I even think and hope the general public will like it too!

16360-funny_black_man_25_9_2012.jpg

How do you know this for sure?

Major disappointment if. There have been some members who said that the snippet in the commercial is obviously a stripped ?version

The breakdown orchestral part, to me, sounds like the bridge of the song but with MJ's vocals removed solely for the purpose of the ad. :)

Also this orchestral part reminds me of the intro from Madonna's "Frozen"

The breakdown orchestral part, to me, sounds like the bridge of the song but with MJ's vocals removed solely for the purpose of the ad. :)
hmm, qbee thanked you for this post. I assume you just hit the nail on the head.:)

Also this orchestral part reminds me of the intro from Madonna's "Frozen"
Even the chorus in the ad sounds stripped :/

One of polish journalist who already hear album say, that they used some vocoder or autotune(dont remember which one) in APWNN.

I hope it's not true. Why can't they just keep that damn autotune away from MJ's vocals? He did not need it.

Erm, yes he is. And this is a bonus track. Would you prefer Bieber? Go listen to the original and you will see why multiple artists are featured.

Question is, which part do you think MJ will sing? My bet is on the chorus.

I hope it's not true. Why can't they just keep that damn autotune away from MJ's vocals? He did not need it.

There is no autotune. No one even mentioned autotune.

New review! (Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it here)

"It's easy, and probably healthy, to approach any new release of Michael Jackson music with some skepticism. Nearly five years after his death, the King of Pop remains both an indelible influence on contemporary artists and a source of the kind of prurient and morose fascination that is always as marketable, if not as memorable, as a great tune.

Luckily, the posthumous Xscape, out May 13, offers some reminders of why Jackson entered our collective consciousness to begin with. The eight tracks here showcase songs, culled from the late superstar's vault, originally recorded between 1983 and 1999, after Jackson's early creative peak as a recording artist (with his 1979 solo breakthrough Off the Wall and 1982's Thriller).

Still, executive producer L.A Reid and lead producer Timbaland — with support at the boards from other noted hitmakers such as Stargate, J-Roc and Rodney Jerkins — ensure that Jackson's enduring strengths as a singer are represented, layering in modern electronic textures without overwhelming the distinctly slinky, shivery vocals or overall structure of the tunes.

Love Never Felt So Good — written and initially produced by Jackson and Paul Anka, and co-produced here by John McClain, a co-executor of Jackson's estate, and Giorgio Tuinfort — has an old-school snap and tingle, with warm, leaping strings that recall the melodic and rhythmic punch of Jackson's work with Quincy Jones.

Loving You, crafted by Jackson during sessions for 1987's Bad and revisited here by Timbaland, is similarly blithe and nostalgic, with tinkling piano chords and tickling percussion set against the latter artist's trademark syncopation.

Other tracks are edgier and more aggressive, sonically and in their lyrics. For Jackson, love and anxiety were often inextricably entwined; Do You Know Where Your Children Are (also from the Bad era) documents a parent's nightmare with a thumping groove, while the chilly, Cory Rooney-penned Chicago finds its narrator vexed by a duplicitous woman.

On Slave to the Rhythm, an intriguing 1989 Reid/Babyface creation brought back by Timbaland and Jerome Harmon, it's the girl who suffers, as Jackson croons over a frantically chugging, swirling arrangement about a woman who tries to break the chains that bind her at home and work.

Slave is playful at first, opening with Jackson's trademark yelps and hiccups, but there is clear empathy in his portrait of a trapped person desperate to find "a beat of her own." It seems especially poignant here that for this star, escape, like Xscape, only came posthumously."

By Elsa Gardener

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...en-michael-jackson-posthumous-xscape/7553229/

I am looking forward to real reviews. - With grades and everything.

Hope it will get 6 stars out of 6 - or A+ or whatever the best grade is in reviews!! :lol:

Great reviews can help the album do better. - Also radio play is very important!

I am looking forward to real reviews. - With grades and everything.

Hope it will get 6 stars out of 6 - or A+ or whatever the best grade is in reviews!! :lol:

Great reviews can help the album do better. - Also radio play is very important!

Grades mean nothing, 'cuz it's always subjective... I just hope the album will be accepted by the larger public than just the fan community.

Grades mean nothing, 'cuz it's always subjective... I just hope the album will be accepted by the larger public than just the fan community.
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! Bumper has just made a ONtopic posting. Should I call this a miracle?

Well something must be said when Elsa Gardener from USA Today can write a positive review about an album, especially when that album concerns Michael Jackson!

Keep the great reviews coming, it can only bode well for the album in the end.

i don't care much about reviews, but i hope they are mainly good this time.

i want much radio play! I'm sick of hearing the same todays trash over and over again.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! Bumper has just made a ONtopic posting. Should I call this a miracle?

I must say the off topic "snippets" are quite miraculous. :laugh: And yes, I hope the general public loves Xscape, too.

i don't care much about reviews, but i hope they are mainly good this time.

i want much radio play! I'm sick of hearing the same todays trash over and over again.

The question is why do you do this to yourself?

Here, for a change, I'll let you discover something different:

[youtube]DFjgg3U1pXI[/youtube]

The question is why do you do this to yourself?

Here, for a change, I'll let you discover something different:

[youtube]DFjgg3U1pXI[/youtube]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4wHJqqud3U

You gotta see this! The song is called Whisky-Coca Cola LMAO! And you gotta see the sythisizer player!!! Looooooool! Imagine Xscape video with him loool!

[youtube]MqNBR55V5q4[/youtube]

That's my hope too that everyone enjoys it. People who are not really fans or even casual fans can say I like a song and appreciate Michael. I am hoping for radio play where I live.

You gotta see this! The song is called Whisky-Coca Cola LMAO! And you gotta see the sythisizer player!!! Looooooool! Imagine Xscape video with him loool!

[youtube]MqNBR55V5q4[/youtube]

Dem skillz.

May 5th isn't far away at all. I'm guessing it'll be on the Sunday at midnight on iTunes, possibly leaking earlier that day. Really looking forward to hearing what they've done to the songs. LNFSG should be great!

2 more weeks to go, guys.

Stay strong!

Back