Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

That's why I said in another post: "I haven't seen it since so I couldn't remember all the details." It was 8 years ago and I remembered that he praised him.

That didn't convince you? Ok, how about this in 2009:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62tU0tCpoWU
This was nice, but it was post 25/6 - everybody said the nicest things about Michael then.

This was before the trial. A nice presentation, yes, but it was before the trial.

Again, post 25/6.

He loved, respected and admired MJ in life and in death.
But he did distance himself from saying all these positive things about Michael in a period when he needed it most.

I believe Usher did and does a much better job praising Michael. And he's by far more convincing on stage as well. I never ever got the feeling watching his videos that he was being sarcastic.

Sony should give the option to JT fans to buy the track if they want it and stop making desperate attempts to sell more records because it seems they don't trust Michael's star power to rely on a current popular act.

Yes, because obviously, there has never been a circumstance where Michael got current artists to appear on his songs because he was afraid of his cultural relevancy... oh wait. He did. With the five remixes on Thriller 25.

And yes, his own sister was a traitor douche, so was JT in 2003.

Bull. Firstly, what did you expect, for Justin to just hold Michael's hand through the entire ordeal? Was Questlove there for Michael? Quincy Jones? Will.i.am? No, yet I've seen you praise them before. Justin didn't need to do anything in 2003.

Secondly, you've never been an artist before. When his album Justified came out (in 2002, mind you, a full year before the accusations), people continually called him a Michael Jackson rip off. After a while, that starts to grate. I remember it clearly: at first, he appreciated the compliments, but it got annoying when all anyone ever said was, "It sounds more like Michael Jackson than Justin Timberlake". I don't blame him for being angry over the comparisons; I would have been the same. He wasn't embarrassed, he was annoyed.

BmkSb9RIUAEX-O9.jpg

The KING is BACK! Let's push this and get it to NUMBER ONE! :D

Sony should give the option to JT fans to buy the track if they want it and stop making desperate attempts to sell more records because it seems they don't trust Michael's star power to rely on a current popular act.

Yes, because obviously, there has never been a circumstance where Michael got current artists to appear on his songs because he was afraid of his cultural relevancy... oh wait. He did. With the five remixes on Thriller 25.

And yes, his own sister was a traitor douche, so was JT in 2003.

Bull. Firstly, what did you expect, for Justin to just hold Michael's hand through the entire ordeal? Was Questlove there for Michael? Quincy Jones? Will.i.am? No, yet I've seen you praise them before. Justin didn't need to do anything in 2003.

Secondly, you've never been an artist before. When his album Justified came out (in 2002, mind you, a full year before the accusations), people continually called him a Michael Jackson rip off. After a while, that starts to grate. I remember it clearly: at first, he appreciated the compliments, but it got annoying when all anyone ever said was, "It sounds more like Michael Jackson than Justin Timberlake". I don't blame him for being angry over the comparisons; I would have been the same. He wasn't embarrassed, he was annoyed.

Sorry, double post.

Please if there is anything that can be done about the loading time of MJJC let us know. The servers are indeed acting up badly!

@Respect
I don't see anything wrong if they write "classic albums like Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad".
Those are Michael's classic albums that catapulted him to the top of the music world, and albums that came after are too new to be called classics:) Or they could have listed all of his albums in chronological order but it would have looked a bit silly.

In my opinion Dangerous is just about as classic as Bad. The age factor is of no value considering that they've been doing it for almost 5 years now. Back then Bad was as old as Dangerous is today.

@Respect
Maybe you read a little bit too much onto something that is not there?

I don't see anything wrong if they write "classic albums like Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad".
Those are Michael's classic albums that catapulted him to the top of the music world, and albums that came after are too new to be called classics:) Or they could have listed all of his albums in chronological order but it would have looked a bit silly.

Well, Dangerous is as classic as Bad is. Both similarly popular and IMO in quality Dangerous is even better. Not to start a fight, I'm just tired of MJ's post-Q work being played down all the time - esp. if it comes from his own label.

PS: MJJC is VERY SLOW now. It takes a LOT of time to load and refresh it. A shame if it will collapse now when there's so much excitement.

I am getting confused. Is the new single released going to be Michael only or this with Justin?

The forum is tripping......... And it's very slow.

I am getting confused. Is the new single released going to be Michael only or this with Justin?

I hope it is with Justin. Incomplete solo version didn't have any chance on the charts. Finished version and with JT will be a smash hit.

Very excited to hear the duet of 'Love Never Felt So Good' by Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake, fantastic choice for this project. This promotion will be great for the entire campaign, Hope it's on iTunes straight after iHeartRadio!!!

Can't believe most people here rather want to hear a duet version instead of Michael solo.

I think they'll release BOTH VERSIONS at once, just like Katy Perry did with "ET" years ago! So... the sales are merged!

MJ is coming for his first Billboard Hot 100 #1 single since "You Are Not Alone"! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :eek:

Can't believe most people here rather want to hear a duet version instead of Michael solo.

We all heard the solo. It is INCOMPLETE.

How about People Of The World (solo) as a lead single from the next project?

Nimue ?@Nimue9 2 Std.

#MJXSCAPE The headlines at the newspaper says: "Michael didn't die" talking about #XSCAPE This is not a tabloid! pic.twitter.com/paEPxLgRdW
BmkDB_pCUAAmwJC.jpg

Justin just posted this on his official Instagram.

fjferp.png

To be honest i don't know what will happen tonight and i'm so excited!

Sorry, meant to post this one like half an hour ago but the board is so lethargic atm :p

I don't have a problem with JT being on the remix bonus track (don't really care for his music) but I think Usher would be a better fit in my personal preference.

Nimue ?@Nimue9 2 Std.

#MJXSCAPE The headlines at the newspaper says: "Michael didn't die" talking about #XSCAPE This is not a tabloid! pic.twitter.com/paEPxLgRdW
BmkDB_pCUAAmwJC.jpg

people are so obnoxious speaking like that.

Well, Dangerous is as classic as Bad is. Both similarly popular and IMO in quality Dangerous is even better. Not to start a fight, I'm just tired of MJ's post-Q work being played down all the time - esp. if it comes from his own label.

PS: MJJC is VERY SLOW now. It takes a LOT of time to load and refresh it. A shame if it will collapse now when there's so much excitement.

No fight from my corner:)
I think it was just innocent and they wrote those albums because those are the most well know to all people.

When there is a mentions of famous singer, they are not going to list all of the albums from that singer, just the most well known, thats all.

http://livetvcafe.net/video/8XBK9SMHGS9U/NBC

Guys, how accurate is this live streaming? How many more hours for the show??
It was playing for me, albeit jerky, but the picture froze after a few minutes.

As to what time this link will show it, it all depends on exactly which feed of NBC this is. The awards show doesn't play on television all across America at the same moment. If you find a link that's streaming a tv channel from New York, then it's on at 8:00pm EDT (which is 1:00am in the UK / 02:00 CEST in Europe). But if you find a link that's streaming a west coast feed, like a tv channel from Los Angeles, then it won't be airing live for them. It will be shown at 8:00pm PDT (which is 4:00am in the UK / 5:00 CEST in Europe). So if we don't get a live stream directly from iheartradio, then it's a matter of finding someone out there who's streaming a local NBC channel. Obviously most of us want to find a truly LIVE stream, so a channel from the eastern US would be best.

Nimue ?@Nimue9 2 Std.

BmkDB_pCUAAmwJC.jpg

Conspiracy theorists are rejoicing. lol

Can't wait to see what will happen tonight! I really hope we get some kind of MJ footage. I need to see him. :(

This album needs a smash first single, to get the general public interested in the album.

There might be 'stronger' tracks on the album, but this is the right choice to start off - IMHO.

THRILLER didn't start off with the strongest track being released - and I'm sure MJ fans would have been up in arms, if the internet generation existed back then - but it didn't do too bad, did it? :cheeky:

I think whatever happens tonight is the single that will be released. The people that went to the listening parties never heard the one with Justin? They said what they heard was really good. Wouldn't it be confusing to release both versions at the same time?

Back