Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

over 10K replies & its 1 single yet hehe & album coming out may 13

Luvin' the 1st single, its really growing on me. Keep positive, having high hopes to this album, the response is really good.! :) Hope it will continue. Such a really gud day for us fans...keep michaeling!

Neverland Saved Me ?@ANeverlandDream 4 h.

'Love never felt so good' now has over 150,000 views on #Vevo less than 12 hours after its release. #MJXSCAPE pic.twitter.com/z8zy4I1Onq

2861e3-1399038744.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist :)

Why there is no promotion for Love Never Felt So Good and Xscape on main page of iTunes? It iritates me a little bit...

So happy for the album, and the single is so good (I prefer Timbland version). LNFSG (with JT) has just reached 6th place on Polish iTunes (and 20th).

What a great DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm performing the song at school on Friday! Hopefully everyone will love the new song as there are a few who already heard it and love it! :)

#3 och #8 on the swedish chart ;)
2ed864h.png

Coldplay! :(

Should be fine once XSCAPE releases, it's only like that because Coldplay's album just came out if I'm not mistaken.

Ivy @Ivy_4MJ · 3 h.

According to a friend of mine in DC, local radio is playing MJ & JT version of LNFSG in heavy rotation - every 10th song.

I am starting to warm to the new version of 'LNFSG' a lot more! the production is great, the work they did on the song (being sourced from a tape) is wonderful. I love the additional instruments they used, as well as keeping the authentic ''MICHAEL JACKSON SOUND'' Michael sure would be proud. Solo Version is No. 25 on iTunes UK.

^ @BUMPER
:unsure:wanna express somethin'?
Or are you now in a constantly ":naughty:"-mood?

EDIT: Bumper's edited his previous post. I assume he isn't in ":naughty:"-mood anymore.

PS: Bumper take your pills(Niagra?) regularly, so you'll be ":naughty:" again :)

Last edited:

Now let's compare LNFSG vocals to Keep your head up lmao!!!!!

Pez Dann ?@Pezdann 24 Min.
Tower Bridge London, promoting Xscape! #MJXSCAPE #uwantmecomegetme pic.twitter.com/jGHlRzwRY4
BmpdF_8IAAAZQUC.jpg

Pez Dann ?@Pezdann 24 Min.
Tower Bridge London, promoting Xscape! #MJXSCAPE #uwantmecomegetme pic.twitter.com/jGHlRzwRY4
BmpdF_8IAAAZQUC.jpg

Oh I it's not that I wish or need those hoodies, but I WANT THEM RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Annita;3994363 said:
Justin Timberlake ‏@jtimberlaketeam 2 Std.

Make sure to support MJ's solo version of #LoveNeverFeltSoGood. Both versions count as one. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-never-felt-so-good/id872038135?i=872038183 … pic.twitter.com/frG0zT7Ws5

That's great news! Just like how the standard and deluxe version is being counted as one... great!!

Paris78;3994364 said:
Pez Dann ‏@Pezdann 24 Min.
BmpdF_8IAAAZQUC.jpg

Ooh..... I'm liking this. :ph34r: They look mysterious and on a mission. (I want that jacket...)

Paris78;3994354 said:
Ivy @Ivy_4MJ · 3 h.

According to a friend of mine in DC, local radio is playing MJ & JT version of LNFSG in heavy rotation - every 10th song.

LOL. It's Hot 99.5 station. Apparently they are playing it once every hour or so.

The album XSCAPE deluxe edition is now #35 on the Canadian I-Tunes... up over 120 positions since 12 hours ago.

Also, the MJ & JT track Love Never Felt So Good continues to rise and is now at #14 here.

^ @BUMPER
:unsure:wanna express somethin'?
Or are you now in a constantly ":naughty:"-mood?

EDIT: Bumper's edited his previous post. I assume he isn't in ":naughty:"-mood anymore.

PS: Bumper take your pills(Niagra?) regularly, so you'll be ":naughty:" again :)

I am always in :naughty: mood :D :hiya:

Source : http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/posthumous-michael-jackson-album-due-on-may-13-517144

Rodney Jerkins about his work with MJ

New York: When Michael Jackson's record label released his first posthumous album in 2010, a year after the King of Pop's sudden death, producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins was asked to work on the project.

He declined.

"I was asked to be on that album and to produce like five songs, but I turned it down," he said. "I just felt like it wasn't time."

Years later, the hitmaker for Destiny's Child and Whitney Houston - who worked heavily on Jackson's 2001 comeback album "Invincible" - says he now feels comfortable producing Jackson's music again. He produced the title track from the upcoming album, "Xscape," out May 13.

"For me it wasn't about the label, it wasn't about the estate's approval; it wasn't about all of that," he said. "I had a personal relationship with Michael, (so) it was about, 'What would he want from this? What would he want it to sound like now?'"

"Xscape" was executive produced by Timbaland and includes songs Jackson recorded in the 1980s and 1990s. Some of the tracks are taken from early recording sessions for successful albums such as "Bad" and "Dangerous."

The first single, "Love Never Felt So Good," was written with Paul Anka. A bonus version of the track features Justin Timberlake.

Jerkins said he and Jackson originally started work on the song "Xscape" in 1999 when they recorded the "Invincible" album. He revisited the track in 2003 and retouched it this year for the new 8-track album.

"Even when Michael was alive, we never stopped working on the song 'Xscape,'" he said. "It was one of those songs where he specifically said to me, 'It has to see the light of day one day.'"

Jerkins said he visited Jackson in 2007 in Ireland where they were "vibing out," but didn't focus on creating music exclusively.

"And I then I spoke to him - I would say 2008, 2009, something like that - and he was telling me, 'I'm getting ready to do another album. You gotta get to work. Start working on ideas,'" he recalled. "And then he passed away."

Jerkins, who has produced hits for Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce and Brandy, is currently working on new music with Rihanna and Ariana Grande. He said he was initially nervous about including "Xscape" on the Jackson album, which also includes a song produced by StarGate, who Jackson initially wanted to collaborate with in 2007 because of the Swedish team's work with Ne-Yo.

"I was like, 'What's the other stuff going to sound like?' I don't even know if I want my song to be on there if the other stuff ain't right," Jerkins said.

But after the hearing the full record, he relaxed.

"Everyone did a really great job on this project," he said.

Last edited:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...in-Timberlake-goes-viral-fans-dream-team.html
Love Never Felt So Good: Michael Jackson's duet with Justin Timberlake goes viral as fans describe duo as 'dream team'

It would seem Michael Jackson is living up to his title of the king of pop posthumously.

The multi-talented star, who died in June 2009, has been featured on a new duet alongside Justin Timberlake called Love Never Felt So Good.

The track is one of eight that will appear on the former Jackson Five singer’s posthumous Xsape album set for release on 9 May in the UK.

The feel-good track starts with a Billie Jean-esque heavy beat kicking through Justin’s spoken word, saying: ‘Come on, let me see you move’.

And then the verse begins with Micheal’s voice belting out the romantic tune with lyrics like, ‘Baby, love never felt so good and I'd die if it ever could not like you hold me, hold me’.

The track debuted at the iHeartRadio Music Awards – aired on American TV channel NBC on Thursday evening - was written by Paul Anika and originally recorded by Jackson in 1983.

Released at midnight, it’s been widely acknowledged as a big hit by the fans with many excited by the prospect of a whole new album dropping at the end of the month.

And fans of the king of pop took to social media in their thousands, telling the world how they felt about the new single.

MJ fan Steven Lawrence tweeted: ‘I never usually like posthumous release but Michael Jackson’s Love Never Felt So Good is rather good!’

And another, Tara Santanastaso, added: ‘Love Never Felt So Good? More like love never SOUND so good!’

And on Thursday night, Usher paid tribute to the late legend at the iHeart Music Awards in Los Angeles, California.

Fans of Michael not only got to hear the star's latest single but also got to see it performed live on stage...

article-2618791-1D864EEA00000578-573_634x609.jpg

They love it: Released at midnight, it's been widely acknowledged as a big hit by the fans with many excited by the prospect of a whole new album dropping at the end of the month

I gotta say it guys, You guys are great! Such an honor to be a part of this community.

Now lets get Michael to number one! :D

Base.com have the best price for UK customers, will be pre ordering it from there! as soon as it arrives, i'll be blasting all 17 song's through my hi-fi system on max volume.

Omg, I see one of our members in that Twitter timeline there! LOL hi @michaelsson (@_MouthLikeLicka) ! :lol:

Just listened to mjs versions and im impressed a great foot tapping song. they did a good job. not intrested in hearing timberlake who needs a lada when u can have a rolls royce

^ Top songs~

Regarding the new album... I'm really interested in hearing Blue Gangsta. Ever since I read the review saying it started with a rainy/moody intro and MJ surprises our ears with an acapella. Looking forward to that track amongst others!

Rain and Chords while MJ screams Look What You Done To Me Baby then the word Baby echos lol

I'm really appreciating how they are handling this release.. And I can't forget I mention I love the production of the song so far, they did not over product and change the song into something different.. They really did just contemporize it like try said they were doing

Back