Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I refuse to listen to Loving You. That's the one track that intrigues me the most, given that we have no idea what it sounds like or much about its background, so I'm gonna hold off on it until the album drops.

i couldn't stop myself after i woke up today. i rushed to my pc, just to listen to Chicago.

i wish i could resist, but since it's michael I'm just to weak for that.

And in 24 hours you'll say you couldn't resist lmao

Good luck with that. I said that same thing about LNFSG and Chicago. I listened both.

i couldn't stop myself after i woke up today. i rushed to my pc, just to listen to Chicago.

i wish i could resist, but since it's michael I'm just to weak for that.

I know, I know... I'll break, listen to the 30 second extract and then have to hear the whole song. But a guy can dream that he has will power, can't he? :p

I know, I know... I'll break, listen to the 30 second extract and then have to hear the whole song. But a guy can dream that he has will power, can't he? :p

YOU LIE TO YOU AND TRY TO LIE TO US :p

Chicago is FIERCE!! I love it, his vocals are pure perfection. The king :wub:

I just saw a huge Michael Jackson - Xscape poster outside, here in sweden!! Hahah who would have thought, awesome as hell! :)

There is no auto tune on this song. Auto tune is BLATANTLY obvious whenever it's used.

0:14; 0:16; 0:20-0:21; 0:27; 1:01; 1:10-1:11;

Last edited:

Well I told myself I'd resist previews until I phisically got the disc but I couldn't resist Chicago esp after reading people's reactions! WOW timbo has done a superb job on production of this track. Mjs voice is on point, smooth and like silk in some parts and then that powerful gritty tone we all know and love. Lovely to his his voice so clear. I get vibes of One more chance, unbreakable, heartbreaker, vocally. And I love that baseline, nice. It just rolls through the song effortlessly.
If I had to compare this rework to another track it would be JTs "electric lady". I get similar vibes. Good job timbo! :)

I have to admit, when chicago first started.. i didn't expect the chorus would have featured such strong vocals! i was indeed pleasantly surprised, reminds me of his vocals during Dirty Diana at wembley! definitely up there with some of his best vocal recording's. Proves he never lost it.

I love LNFSO, the song is exactly all I love in music and Chicago is very interesting.
I need to listen to this song with normal headphones (I’m at work so no luck) and to listen to the demo is necessary too.

But I have to say that after all listening of these two songs I’ve already done – one line suddenly appeared in my head and it is “don’t you worry my friend” ?!!
I actually didn’t know that the song APWNN got me … I’m surprised. I would expect myself to sing LNFSG or Chicago nonstop.

I wish everyone the best with new music, hope everyone will find something special to like ;-)

It's very clearly Michael on Chicago. While it wasn't always clear if the Cascio tracks were Michael, this is 100% Michael Jackson.

Of course this is Mike, but i think L.A. & co. had problems with the melodyne settings or something...

OK about to order my deluxe CD and wanting to know if anyone has any tips on who may deliver it early on the Saturday (instead of the Monday release date). I have purchased from HMV and Zavvi before and they have been quite good at despatching early.

So who is best do you think?
Amazon
HMV
Zavvi
Someone else?

Thought appreciated! Xcited fan from the UK :)

I am just happy that I have got another MJ song with him singing in them lower registers :blush: .. he sounds real smooth when he sings that way :blush: and the way he sings in "Chicago" is just perfect :blush:

Michael sounds different in Chicago... Even though the singing is brilliant, the voice seems tampered with.

Michael sounds different in Chicago... Even though the singing is brilliant, the voice seems tampered with.

Listen to "Butterflies". This is more like his vocals from the Invincible era. His vocals were more matured and fuller in that album. "Chicago" is totally Michael Jackson.

Compare the parts where he sings in the lower registers with "Chicago". It is definitely him. :D

Compare the parts where he sings in the lower registers with "Chicago". It is definitely him. :D

No one's saying it's not him, i don't know why this argument has to continue. Let's stop the pathetic accusations and just celebrate this release for what it is.

You've got to be kidding me. Let's just enjoy the song, they may have had to tamper with his vocals a bit. Still sounds awesome.

I think I'm going to hold off on all future songs until the 9th. By that time, the album will be out, somewhere, and I can hear it in full.

ok so I was naughty and listened to the full Chicago which I think is awesome, but no more!!! I want to keep May 13th as exciting as possible!!!
..thats what I'm telling myself now anyway haha...

for me I'm just going to enjoy the song. I'm not going to sit around picking the song apart, TRYING to find something that I may not like. the song is amazing and I'm just going to enjoy it.

News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

For the few who believe Mike's voice was auto-tuned in Chicago..., have yall heard fan made versions of auto-tuned MJ songs on YT? It totally messed up the song and Mike's voice. So i don't believe any part was auto tuned... I'm listening to it right now...

0:14; 0:16; 0:20-0:21; 0:27; 1:01; 1:10-1:11;

0:14 - Listen closely, there is a very odd multi layered effect on the word "smiled". It isn't auto tune, but rather, sounds like the word was stacked twice, with the second one off beat.

Other than that, there aren't any vocal effects anywhere. I listened with my best pair of headphones, and there is no auto tune. It would be much more obvious if there was: listen to any song with auto tune on the vocals. It's MAJORLY robotic, and gives off a huge indication.

Moreover, why would there be effects on a few words and not the rest? Makes no sense.

I'm a budding producer/vocalist and I've used auto tune before as a creative test, and I know what it sounds like. And in my opinion, nothing is used on the vocals.

Go listen to Butterflies. There are effects on his vocals on that song. Same with 2000 Watts. Then go and listen to Chicago. Nothing. It's a case of the way Michael sings, his voice vibrating a bit when he drops to a lower note, or if he sings out of his nose. It's happened many times before on his albums.

Holding off. HOLDING OFF.

NO WAY AM I GONNA LISTEN TO "CHICAGO" UNTIL MIDNIGHT MAY 13TH....

**hands over ears** I can't hear y'all...

I hate to say it, I caved :no:
Now I've heard it a few times I love it and I can't wait for the demo.
I don't like the way his voice has been tampered with but I won't let it bother me, we have a new MJ song :beach:
The only thing is though, why did they call it Chicago ? He only says it once. I think She Was Lovin' Me is a great title.

Back